Sponsored by:

Racechip or JB1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 10:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Range Rover
Racechip or JB1

I don’t want this to be a pissing match.

I just want to hear from you all on which you would get and why. Or why did you choose what you had over the other one
Old 02-20-2018, 10:37 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
I really enjoy my Racechip GTS black. It comes on strong and the app works very well.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:42 PM

Range Rover
How long have you had it?
and you can’t log your runs can you?

what octane do you use? Any E85?
Old 02-20-2018, 10:46 PM
Former Member

CLS
Since November last.

You can’t log Jack Squat.

Im in Washington state, so horse **** 92.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:56 PM

Range Rover
Do you wish you were capable of logging?
Old 02-20-2018, 11:00 PM
Former Member

CLS
no, I’m not into that. The chip provides the performance boost I want. I’m way too old to play games and chase numbers.

buy a Dragy, or don’t buy a Racechip.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:17 PM

Range Rover
A dragy?
Old 02-20-2018, 11:27 PM
Former Member

CLS
Dragy GPS. Google is your friend.

Amazon Amazon
Old 02-22-2018, 12:17 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
I had a Dinan Sport at first, switched to BMS and now I may switch to RaceChip. Even though I can log and tweak the BMS JB1 (which I did), I want to install downpipes. I know with installing downpipes you need to tweak A/F and other stuff that the BMS JB1 will not allow. I think I could send the JB1 back to BMS with my logs and they can custom adjust it but I seriously doubt it. I heard that you can contact RaceChip and they can alter the parameters of the GTS unit to adjust for downpipes; however, I am not sure if it will remove the CEL that will be triggered. I am trying to avoid a full ECU tune as I don't want to send off my ECU and risk something. I like the plug and play idea of piggy backs, I just wish BMS would create a jb4 type of unit for us or adjust the JB1 so we can alter stuff for power adders. Just adjusting boost is not enough for downpipes.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
"The guy" at Burger said in their own forums that if enough demand comes, they'd consider additional products/services/etc. I would contact them directly with the request and see what they say. It's the only way they're going to know we want something.

Last edited by RichardCranium3; 02-22-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:23 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Originally Posted by DameMD
I had a Dinan Sport at first, switched to BMS and now I may switch to RaceChip. Even though I can log and tweak the BMS JB1 (which I did), I want to install downpipes. I know with installing downpipes you need to tweak A/F and other stuff that the BMS JB1 will not allow. I think I could send the JB1 back to BMS with my logs and they can custom adjust it but I seriously doubt it. I heard that you can contact RaceChip and they can alter the parameters of the GTS unit to adjust for downpipes; however, I am not sure if it will remove the CEL that will be triggered. I am trying to avoid a full ECU tune as I don't want to send off my ECU and risk something. I like the plug and play idea of piggy backs, I just wish BMS would create a jb4 type of unit for us or adjust the JB1 so we can alter stuff for power adders. Just adjusting boost is not enough for downpipes.
Why don't you just look for the spacers for your rear O2 sensors, that will pull them out of the exhaust stream and they won't pull a code. They are sold online if you do a little research, I know this because my local speed shop was going to install the Weistec downpipes for me and added the spacers in the quote. No ECU tune is required with that, it fools the ECU into thinking the downpipes are not there.

I opted not to do it as a 10hp gain is not worth getting major fines for not having a cat.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:24 PM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Cartman417
I don’t want this to be a pissing match.

I just want to hear from you all on which you would get and why. Or why did you choose what you had over the other one
OP, why don't you look up the other 20 threads about tuning.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:19 PM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by threefirs
OP, why don't you look up the other 20 threads about tuning.
Because there are not 20 or so threads about JB1 and Racechip comparing the two. He's not looking for an ECU tune which is about 95% of the tuning threads with pissing matches. He actually just singled out RaceChip and JB1 and only of hand full of us have said piggy-backs.

To be honest, both of the piggy-backs claim to have the same amount of power except that you can tweak map 6 on jb1 and get more boost which results in more power. Outside of that, its either do you care for a flashy hardware or being able to see your own logs. RaceChip states that they can alter parameters and stuff based off a vehicle but honestly, I am having a hard time trying to find or get in contact with their customer service. Not sure why its so difficult for companies these days to just publish their phone numbers. It would be a lot easier for me to just ask over the phone instead of waiting for email replies.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:25 PM

X3 M40i
Originally Posted by Lazz83
Why don't you just look for the spacers for your rear O2 sensors, that will pull them out of the exhaust stream and they won't pull a code. They are sold online if you do a little research, I know this because my local speed shop was going to install the Weistec downpipes for me and added the spacers in the quote. No ECU tune is required with that, it fools the ECU into thinking the downpipes are not there.

I opted not to do it as a 10hp gain is not worth getting major fines for not having a cat.
I am not sure if it's really that simple with downpipes. I may be mistaken but if my Jb1 is set for specific parameters and now I am adding more A/F with 3inch downpipes, then some parameters would need to be adjusted. If I was just running straight pipes with out CATs then I don't see a need to mess with the Jb1. In most cases on boost cars, you should adjust said tunes for power adders, and in this case its not like the downpipes are adding 1 or 2hp. I was told that it's like 10hp+
Old 02-23-2018, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by DameMD
It costs a little more, but you could always go with hi-flow cats instead of the cat delete. This should prevent it from throwing a CEL and performance will be so close as to be indistinguishable.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
I'm going to order the JB1 and just get the cable instead of the Bluetooth. Which cable do I select though? Only lists BMW options...with or without grey she'll?
Old 03-07-2018, 10:00 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
2018 C43
Wireless Bluetooth is so convenient with the JB1. You can adjust settings, change maps, even log all wirelessly. You can email logs to a pc then open it with the jb4 app for more analysis. Well worth the $140
Old 03-07-2018, 10:05 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
2018 C43
If you get the one bms sells for $479 , and choose the Bluetooth you would use the f-series Bluetooth device