Sponsored by:

Anyone Move to C43 from BMW M4?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 09:07 PM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by raudiace4
No worries! I am a bit biased towards Audis, you really can't go wrong with either of those choices. It would be interesting to see a C43 with tune, full bolt ons take on a B9 S4 with tune, full bolt ons.
Strangely, no US magazine has even done a formal direct comparison between a stock c43 and an S4. Not as far as I know anyways.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:19 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG C43 T
Originally Posted by waisoserious
Strangely, no US magazine has even done a formal direct comparison between a stock c43 and an S4. Not as far as I know anyways.
Not US Magazines, but enjoyable reading for those who haven't read/seen it.

http://www.evo.co.uk/audi/s4/19065/a...-sports-saloon

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/audi/s4...cedes-amg-c-43

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/twi...e-vs-audi-s5#1

https://www.motormag.com.au/reviews/...parison-review
The following 2 users liked this post by hlieberg:
raudiace4 (03-12-2018), waisoserious (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 01:21 AM

I saw those. Thanks bro
Old 03-09-2018, 01:23 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG C43 T
Smile

I saw those, but those are not US magazines. I.E. Caranddriver or Motortrend.
Yes, I forgot my comment in my reply, it was edited just after posting it
The following users liked this post:
waisoserious (03-09-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 01:44 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Bmw
Rs3 if it isn't too small. Tune only are running mid 10s in the quarter. C43 is great for your needs but definitely need a tune just to keep up with a "stock" M4 in the top end or highway speed. If most of your driving is in the city than the c43 is a great car.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Been an Audi guy all my life (been buying Audis since 2000's) but I LOVE my C43 coupe. I'm also in Vancouver and have never had any problems with Quattro, obviously.

Our recent snowfall last month, I was driving the C43 with summer sports till ~ 3am and didn't have any problems on any roads (hills included).

The S5 was a fun car but I hated the new front grill. The UI in the Audi is better and so is the cluster but the C43 felt a lot sportier to me and noticeably better performance.

Overall, I'm fully satisfied with the C43 AMG coupe but would not have bought it if it didn't have that Performance Exhaust.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
No worries! I am a bit biased towards Audis, you really can't go wrong with either of those choices. It would be interesting to see a C43 with tune, full bolt ons take on a B9 S4 with tune, full bolt ons.
Well I'm glad you're giving your opinion based on firsthand seat time rather than what you've read or letting your bias direct you. I gotta say, I'm surprised. Pretty much every magazine and online blog review that i've seen give their take on the two (either deciding which they prefer by directly comparing them or having the same person review each separate) has unhesitatingly picked the C43. Hell, As you can see from my previous cars, I've been a die hard Audi guy for almost 15 years now. Initially I was going to get the B9 S4 but then I saw all the reviews on this new 'middleweight' from Benz and was intrigued. Test drove it and immediately forgot about the S4. And I gotta say, it's great to gave a car that doesn't want to understeer at 5mph

I would have never been caught dead in a pre 2014-ish Benz. But they both, redesigned their AWD systems up to Quattro's level and started making amazing cars again. I'd say between like 1995 to 2010 they were just phoning it in, hardly trying and just relying on their name and rep to sell cars. Audi was making better cars across the board in the 00's if you ask me. But now Benz is back on top. BMW still has the same interior from 1998 and their xDrive is a JOKE. Audi is still making great cars, and their Virtual Cockpit makes everyone else look silly. But they're making some strange decisions lately. Like the new RS5; a v6? Really? Idiots. Even if the C63 was a v6 as well, I think it would still be the better car than the RS5, but with the v8 it's not even close. And once the 63 gets the new 4MATIC+ in a couple years, Audi's going to be wondering why they aren't selling anymore S5's and RS5's.

At the end of the day though, like said, these are oh so terrible 1st world problems and you can't go wrong with any German
parm104 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 581 Likes on 334 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Well I'm glad you're giving your opinion based on firsthand seat time rather than what you've read or letting your bias direct you. I gotta say, I'm surprised. Pretty much every magazine and online blog review that i've seen give their take on the two (either deciding which they prefer by directly comparing them or having the same person review each separate) has unhesitatingly picked the C43. Hell, As you can see from my previous cars, I've been a die hard Audi guy for almost 15 years now. Initially I was going to get the B9 S4 but then I saw all the reviews on this new 'middleweight' from Benz and was intrigued. Test drove it and immediately forgot about the S4. And I gotta say, it's great to gave a car that doesn't want to understeer at 5mph

I would have never been caught dead in a pre 2014-ish Benz. But they both, redesigned their AWD systems up to Quattro's level and started making amazing cars again. I'd say between like 1995 to 2010 they were just phoning it in, hardly trying and just relying on their name and rep to sell cars. Audi was making better cars across the board in the 00's if you ask me. But now Benz is back on top. BMW still has the same interior from 1998 and their xDrive is a JOKE. Audi is still making great cars, and their Virtual Cockpit makes everyone else look silly. But they're making some strange decisions lately. Like the new RS5; a v6? Really? Idiots. Even if the C63 was a v6 as well, I think it would still be the better car than the RS5, but with the v8 it's not even close. And once the 63 gets the new 4MATIC+ in a couple years, Audi's going to be wondering why they aren't selling anymore S5's and RS5's.

At the end of the day though, like said, these are oh so terrible 1st world problems and you can't go wrong with any German
I was 100% going to go RS5 until I saw it in person... it's just a bit too much for me, and the Porsche TTV6 they "borrowed" from the Panamera feels like a lazy plug and play solution by Quattro GMBH. I guess I had high hopes, and 4.0TT from the S6/S7 would have made me forget about the B9's looks. Overall I agree MB has knocked it out of the park with all their designs, and the interiors can't be touched by Audi or BMW. Quattro is still the best IMO in terms of AWD in this segment, but 4matic is not far behind if at all.

C43s do feel more special than S4/S5 I'll agree with that, but the ones I drove didn't have the perf exhaust, maybe that adds the extra bit of theater over the S cars. If it was my money, I'd still take a S5 sportback because in that elongated shape it makes the B9 design language work best, and I love the virtual cockpit and Audi tech. You can't go wrong with either one.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:18 PM

2018 C43 AMG
I'd rather have a B9 Audi S4 or S5 sportback over C43 any day if you must have AWD.
C63 you're in the same boat as M4.
I came from a 2018 Audi S4 to my new 2018 C43. I've had nothing but problems with the Audi. Fearing the worst in the coming years, I jumped over. I'm very happy with the abilities of the C43 thus far.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by yyuksel2017
I came from a 2018 Audi S4 to my new 2018 C43. I've had nothing but problems with the Audi. Fearing the worst in the coming years, I jumped over. I'm very happy with the abilities of the C43 thus far.
Please detail some of the problems you had with your new Audi? I am playing with the idea of buying a used S6 early next year. Would like to hear your experienced with your problematic Audi, even though it was new.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:23 PM

2018 C43 AMG
Please detail some of the problems you had with your new Audi? I am playing with the idea of buying a used S6 early next year. Would like to hear your experienced with your problematic Audi, even though it was new.
For starters, I had gone through 3 windshield replacements within the first 9 months of ownership. the slightest rock chip would instantly overnight turn into a full blown crack. The car also made a very loud squealing sound (kind of sound you hear when bearings need some oil). It would come and go, regardless of engine temperature etc. The car went in to the shop 4 times and they were not able to reproduce it. I managed to get it on video the next time it happened. Once I played it to them, they took the car in for the 5'th time to check it out. Once they were done, I was told that the noise was normal and expected. (Bull****)
Before the 5'th trip to the dealership. I had gotten another rock chip which I promptly had fixed to stop it from cracking. However, when I received the car back from the last visit to the dealership, I noticed that the chip I had repaired was now a full crack across the windshield. After speaking with the service manager, who basically said there is nothing they can do and that it was not their responsibility since I had a chip that was fixed, I left the dealership and decided I've had enough of Audi service and felt I may have bought a lemon.

Fast forward a month and here I am in the 2018 C43 AMG.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by yyuksel2017
For starters, I had gone through 3 windshield replacements within the first 9 months of ownership. the slightest rock chip would instantly overnight turn into a full blown crack. The car also made a very loud squealing sound (kind of sound you hear when bearings need some oil). It would come and go, regardless of engine temperature etc. The car went in to the shop 4 times and they were not able to reproduce it. I managed to get it on video the next time it happened. Once I played it to them, they took the car in for the 5'th time to check it out. Once they were done, I was told that the noise was normal and expected. (Bull****)
Before the 5'th trip to the dealership. I had gotten another rock chip which I promptly had fixed to stop it from cracking. However, when I received the car back from the last visit to the dealership, I noticed that the chip I had repaired was now a full crack across the windshield. After speaking with the service manager, who basically said there is nothing they can do and that it was not their responsibility since I had a chip that was fixed, I left the dealership and decided I've had enough of Audi service and felt I may have bought a lemon.

Fast forward a month and here I am in the 2018 C43 AMG.
For what its worth, and I dunno if its normal or not, my 2017 GLC43 Coupe's brakes made a REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD GRINDING NOISE. I asked the dealer and they said it was normal. I really dunno.
It was incredibly loud. This wasnt even a "squeal", it was loud grinding/bending metal sound. The car doesnt make this noise anymore (after about 16,000km). The sound was unbareably loud and obnoxious.

I myself was not sure whether the sound was coming from the dis brakes or E-Brake. But the sound has since disappeared and only comes on during cold starts and not nearly as loud
MB-Ez (03-17-2018)
Old 03-16-2018, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
For what its worth, and I dunno if its normal or not, my 2017 GLC43 Coupe's brakes made a REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD GRINDING NOISE. I asked the dealer and they said it was normal. I really dunno.
It was incredibly loud. This wasnt even a "squeal", it was loud grinding/bending metal sound. The car doesnt make this noise anymore (after about 16,000km). The sound was unbareably loud and obnoxious.

I myself was not sure whether the sound was coming from the dis brakes or E-Brake. But the sound has since disappeared and only comes on during cold starts and not nearly as loud
It is normal
Old 03-16-2018, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
It is normal
Wow really??? That is just wild. Had I not been told by the dealership/sales agent (whom I trust), I would have demanded they take the car back.
Old 03-17-2018, 05:41 PM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Do you have video of this REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD GRINDING NOISE?

Now I'm really interested to know what that sounds like.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by unr1
Do you have video of this REALLY REALLY REALLY LOUD GRINDING NOISE?

Now I'm really interested to know what that sounds like.
I dont but it sounds like a metal workshop is living under the car.
The first time that I noticed it was when I took delivery of the car. I disengaged (automatically) the E-brake when I was backing out of my driveway (they delivered it to my house). And when it started rolling back i heard the grinding noise. It literally sounds like metal against metal, like my brake pads were grinding HARD against the rotors. But the dealership said it was normal and my rotors look fine, even now after 16000km. So i really dunno.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
If you're coming from an M4, you'll want you get an RS4/5. Worth the wait. You'll regret going down to a C43. And that's not to bash the C43, but it would be like going from a c43 to a c300... You'll miss the power and, to be honest, the. prestige
Old 03-30-2018, 11:51 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Nothing beats All-Wheel-Drive. Does not matter how much power you have, if you can't put it the ground without spinning, it does not matter
Old 03-30-2018, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by maximus0076
Nothing beats All-Wheel-Drive. Does not matter how much power you have, if you can't put it the ground without spinning, it does not matter
Depends on the application and what you're looking for in a car. Sometimes better is not always better 😁
Old 03-30-2018, 01:24 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Bmw
Originally Posted by maximus0076
Wonder why there's a drift mode for an AWD E63s
Old 03-30-2018, 01:43 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
2018 C43
Did you know drift mode goes back to all wheel drive if you go above 70 MPH? Wonder why
Old 03-30-2018, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Originally Posted by agchenry
Did you know drift mode goes back to all wheel drive if you go above 70 MPH? Wonder why
I do wonder that, actually... Can you explain?

I hope you guys aren't honestly trying to argue that awd is better in all circumstances. Better to just let it go than try to save face at this point haha
Old 03-30-2018, 02:32 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Rayc63s
Wonder why there's a drift mode for an AWD E63s
First off. The drift mode turns off the AWD and uses RWD. Please explain the point here
Old 03-30-2018, 02:53 PM

2018 C43
Originally Posted by skim7x

I hope you guys aren't honestly trying to argue that awd is better in all circumstances. Better to just let it go than try to save face at this point haha
dbl post
Old 03-30-2018, 02:53 PM

2018 C43
Originally Posted by skim7x

The E63’s drift mode switches over to AWD if the car goes above 70 Mph

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone Move to C43 from BMW M4?