Sponsored by:

Problems/Review of new 2018

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 09:55 AM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Abdol Hakwik
Yeah I completely agree. I have owned my C43 for about 10 months now, bought brand new and yeah I've have some of these issues. The slowing down in S+ in auto (2-1) and lightly accelerate, that dayum jerk/rock back and forth is normal. That's just the tuning done on the car from amg. Once you adapt to your car and understand its characteristics then you will be all good. It was pretty embarrassing and funny at the same time when it happened to me multiple times but I've learned the tricks and its golden. As for the jolt while in S+, clearly a common issue, I was told by the dealer that it was because of the amg tuning and it was normal. Test drove some of their other C43's and all 3 transmissions jolted shifting from 2nd to 1st as you approach a stop. I wish MB used a Dual Clutch Transmission but its all good. Love the AMG Enhanced 9G speedtronic Trans. One thing to add; The 2018 X5M/X6M have the same problem in S+, when lightly accelerating or flooring the car from stop it jolts/rocks back and forth and all hell breaks loose until it takes off, by that time u would shifted through 2 to 3 haha. Enjoy your C43 man. Take good care of that rocket. ��
Oh yeah, this is an old thread. I've had my car for 11 months now and those 3 specific problems have all been "fixed" with experience and changing driving style. Although these really should not be acceptable in the first place, you'll learn to adapt to them...

One thing I want to note is: do NOT use the Rain-X Water Repellent coating. I applied it per-instructions and my wiper blades started to chatter. I find that our wiper design works better without a coating at all -- factory or aftermarket. Haven't tried a ceramic coating but all of that water repellent stuff is worthless.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by jonathan358
Oh yeah, this is an old thread. I've had my car for 11 months now and those 3 specific problems have all been "fixed" with experience and changing driving style. Although these really should not be acceptable in the first place, you'll learn to adapt to them...

One thing I want to note is: do NOT use the Rain-X Water Repellent coating. I applied it per-instructions and my wiper blades started to chatter. I find that our wiper design works better without a coating at all -- factory or aftermarket. Haven't tried a ceramic coating but all of that water repellent stuff is worthless.
Thanks for getting back to me. But yeah I agree with you 100%. As for that wiper blade thing, thank you for the heads up. I've always been tempted to use Rain-X as i have in the past but my buddy told me its just a waste of money. I appreciate your help and thanks again for the heads up.
One thing I was curious about, have you ever used wax on your car and had that stuff build up on the side frame of you window? I have the black trim all around its its very visible. Almost like you have to rub it out really hard and for awhile. It seems like it was either the soap or wax that I used while washing the car.
Thanks.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:24 PM

Thanks for getting back to me. But yeah I agree with you 100%. As for that wiper blade thing, thank you for the heads up. I've always been tempted to use Rain-X as i have in the past but my buddy told me its just a waste of money. I appreciate your help and thanks again for the heads up.
One thing I was curious about, have you ever used wax on your car and had that stuff build up on the side frame of you window? I have the black trim all around its its very visible. Almost like you have to rub it out really hard and for awhile. It seems like it was either the soap or wax that I used while washing the car.
Thanks.
Sorry, but my car has the Magno paint so I don't use any wax at all. As for the Rain-X, I wouldn't say that it is completely useless but from my own experience, it does not work well with our windshield material or wipers.

Last edited by jonathan358; 03-17-2019 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:41 PM

2018 C43 AMG
Sorry, but my car has the Magno paint so I don't use any wax at all. As for the Rain-X, I wouldn't say that it is completely useless but from my own experience, it does not work well with our windshield material or wipers.
Ahh makes sense. Yeah I got the Obsidian Black. Good to know tho, thanks for the advice. And yeah I stopped using wax and it seems to be working but I just gotta rub the exterior door trim. That is were it tends to happen. Almost looks like dry rainbow colors from the wax. Not too sure haha but its very minor.

Last edited by Abdol Hakwik; 03-17-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-17-2019, 09:37 PM

Ahh makes sense. Yeah I got the Obsidian Black. Good to know tho, thanks for the advice. And yeah I stopped using wax and it seems to be working but I just gotta rub the exterior door trim. That is were it tends to happen. Almost looks like dry rainbow colors from the wax. Not too sure haha but its very minor.
Sounds interesting, maybe post a pic and someone on here can help out!
Old 03-17-2019, 09:53 PM

2018 C43 AMG
Sounds interesting, maybe post a pic and someone on here can help out!
Yeah that's a good idea. Will do forsure.
Thank you! 🙏🏼