C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lock the car, when you did not start the ignition?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Lock the car, when you did not start the ignition?

Hi guys,

just got this amazing car.
I have some trouble locking the car, if I for instance open the car to get something out of it.

Here goes:

i first open the vehicle, short press the start button to turn the electric on, without starting the engine, if I then go out of car, and shut the door, I am not able to lock the car with the key again. if I want to lock it, I have to turn on the ignition? Is this by design ?
Old 04-26-2018, 04:18 PM

'18 C43, '18 SQ5
The button is an "On/Off" button. When you don't depress the brake to start the car, this is equivalent to turning a key one click on a traditional starter to turn the electronics on. You would have to turn the key back to the original position to pull the key out. You are essentially skipping this step. Just hit the start/stop button again.

Last edited by JG11; 04-26-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:27 PM

C43
Makes sense, thanks
Do you also know, how to skip to the next song from the steering wheel while listening to BT audio music ? I only see volume up and down.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Bendo
Makes sense, thanks
Do you also know, how to skip to the next song from the steering wheel while listening to BT audio music ? I only see volume up and down.
I could be wrong but I think the only way to do it with the steering wheel is to navigate to the media menu on the in-dash screen first, then press the up and down arrows
Old 04-26-2018, 11:54 PM

C43
Originally Posted by kevin-L
I could be wrong but I think the only way to do it with the steering wheel is to navigate to the media menu on the in-dash screen first, then press the up and down arrows
Yeah I guess so..
Old 04-27-2018, 10:45 AM

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts
2017 C43
Hi guys,

just got this amazing car.
I have some trouble locking the car, if I for instance open the car to get something out of it.

Here goes:

i first open the vehicle, short press the start button to turn the electric on, without starting the engine, if I then go out of car, and shut the door, I am not able to lock the car with the key again. if I want to lock it, I have to turn on the ignition? Is this by design ?
Just curious... What are you needing to press the start/stop button to turn electricity on, once you’re inside the car? If it’s to turn the lights on inside the car, you don’t have to press the start/stop button for that. Just press the light button you need... You can even adjust the seats and turn the radio on, without pressing the start/stop button.

Last edited by mo11; 04-27-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:31 AM

C43
Originally Posted by mo11

Just curious... What are you needing to press the start/stop button to turn electricity on, once you’re inside the car? If it’s to turn the lights on inside the car, you don’t have to press the start/stop button for that. Just press the light button you need... You can even adjust the seats and turn the radio on, without pressing the start/stop button.
I was actually listening to music from my iPhone over BT, i was not aware that I did not need to press the start button.
A friend of mine, told me that I needed to short press the start button to turn the power on for the speakers.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:08 PM

2017 C43
I was actually listening to music from my iPhone over BT, i was not aware that I did not need to press the start button.
A friend of mine, told me that I needed to short press the start button to turn the power on for the speakers.
Oh ok, because on the op the example you gave was to get something out from the car. In that case, if you’re listening to music over bt the steering wheel functions don’t work, except for the volume and mute. Skip functions will be through your phone or comand.
Keep in mind that after a few minutes, to save battery life or if it’s determined that you don’t have enough juice in the battery to start the engine, the music will turn off.
‘Hope this helps!
Old 04-29-2018, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Yes OP, you don't have to activate the accessories via ignition (soft start) to use the infotainment system, just hit the power button next to the volume dial on the center console. Once the system is on, you can use the shortcut buttons (the buttons right under the climate control) to access the navigation, radio, telephone, vehicle settings, etc. Activating the infotainment system alone like this will allow you to use it for hours without worrying about a dead battery; whereas if all the accessories are on, the battery will be drained in a fraction of that time.

But if you do happen to 'soft start' the ignition, you have to press the start button 2 or 3 times (I can't remember but I know it's not once) to have ti

Originally Posted by mo11

Keep in mind that after a few minutes, to save battery life or if it’s determined that you don’t have enough juice in the battery to start the engine, the music will turn off.
I don't think that it turns off due to the battery reaching the point of not being able to start the car. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the radio has a timer to prevent a dead battery scenario in the event you fall asleep or leave the car and forgot to turn off the radio.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:59 PM

2017 C43
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
I don't think that it turns off due to the battery reaching the point of not being able to start the car. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the radio has a timer to prevent a dead battery scenario in the event you fall asleep or leave the car and forgot to turn off the radio.
On the older manuals, I remember it explains to prevent the battery from discharging it gives you two pop up screen options. It’s either gonna shut down in 3 mins. or unless you start the engine then you can continue listening to music.