C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 C43 AMG order - status, options, pics etc

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 12-21-2018, 05:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2019 C43
Finally!! Ordered in April. Merry Christmas to me!

Old 12-21-2018, 05:45 PM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 C43 AMG, 2016 BMW M235xi (gone)
Congrats! So close to my build. You have excellent taste

My car's status is now "Factory Invoiced." I'm taking that as a good sign. No ETA in the system yet.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:54 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 C43 and TBSS
Originally Posted by kjwitha43
Are you in West Virginia or FL!?! Surely there are not too many (or any?) other '19 c43's in WV!!

I'm in Jefferson County, bought from a MD dealer.
Both, but got a good deal in FL. Still not at dealer, though they have 2 more trucks coming this evening I've been told.

JasonG
Old 12-21-2018, 11:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c43
guess im bit late to the party, just picked up my c43 coupe today in Toronto. Man this car is absolutely a joy to drive, sadly tho the Mercedes me app sucks so much...
The following users liked this post:
gordotre (12-25-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 12:53 PM

I just got the call. My car arrived at the dealership this morning. Service is going to switch out the tires for me now and then they are going to have the PDI done this afternoon. Picking it up just before close today. They actually didn't want to wait until Monday either. Monday is typically their busiest delivery day of the year. I'll post pics.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:00 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by merlin3008
I just got the call. My car arrived at the dealership this morning. Service is going to switch out the tires for me now and then they are going to have the PDI done this afternoon. Picking it up just before close today. They actually didn't want to wait until Monday either. Monday is typically their busiest delivery day of the year. I'll post pics.
Congrats looking forward to pics. My order was set to be loaded on transport from VPC Friday. Status doesn't indicate an update yet but hoping it's on its way!
Old 12-22-2018, 08:27 PM

Well it happened! It was a long wait, but worth it. Great delivery experience and the ride home was just great. So tempting to just punch the gas, but I'll behave for the first 1,000. Here are some pics from the dealership. I'll post some others when I can get the car out in daylight tomorrow.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:01 PM

2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Well it happened! It was a long wait, but worth it. Great delivery experience and the ride home was just great. So tempting to just punch the gas, but I'll behave for the first 1,000. Here are some pics from the dealership. I'll post some others when I can get the car out in daylight tomorrow.

Looks amazing selenite gray is such a good color.
merlin3008 (12-23-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 09:04 PM

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
TBD
Love those rims. I probably should have specced them.
merlin3008 (12-23-2018)
Old 12-23-2018, 04:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Past: BMW 330ci ZHP '04, Audi S4 '11, VW Touareg TDI '12, BMW 328i '13. Current: 2019 C43 AMG Sedan

congrats man! You are in good taste since I too got selenite gray. Ride well, my friend.
merlin3008 (12-23-2018)
Old 12-23-2018, 10:53 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 C43 and TBSS
Arrived Saturday evening. Judging from C43 on dealers website higher VIN's than mine arrived first. I'm also guessing that's because they didn't need computer update and/or when they did the updates on the cars they got to easiest ones first. Who knows, just glad it's in. Paperwork this week and driving I will go!

JasonG

2019 C43 AMG order - status, options, pics etc-yp2xliq.jpg

2019 C43 AMG order - status, options, pics etc-bxitegt.jpg

2019 C43 AMG order - status, options, pics etc-dpne606.jpg

Last edited by JasonGinWV; 12-24-2018 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Edit- attachments aren't showing up.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by JasonGinWV
Arrived Saturday evening. Judging from C43 on dealers website higher VIN's than mine arrived first. I'm also guessing that's because they didn't need computer update and/or when they did the updates on the cars they got to easiest ones first. Who knows, just glad it's in. Paperwork this week and driving I will go!

JasonG
Looks great! That blue is really growing on me. Congrats. Get that paperwork signed so you can have a Christmas to remember.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:22 AM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan '19, Saab 9-3ss '03 Stage7, Saab 900 cabrio '92
that blue looks awesome!!! I did the right decision to buy it. I have the same wheels also, but mine has the exterior AMG package+night package and leather brown interior.

PS, Nice that 63 AMG on the top of yours, jejejejeje
Old 12-25-2018, 08:01 AM

2019 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by JasonGinWV

JasonG

at
what a beautiful build, that blue is really growing on me, making me think twice about the diamond white. So question to the group, how does everyone feel about the headlights? I personally did not upgrade I thought spidey eyes looked unique but the more I see the upgraded multibeam LED I regret my decision. I mainly stuck to PE, digital instrument cluster, heated/vented, 19' multisp black, pano-roof. Didnt even spec the burmester (another regret) or the 64 colors, NFC paining because back in April and May they did not have the prices. All it said on the dealer ordering guide was TBD so I had no idea what the cost would be. now many regrets. anyone else out there feel the same way, or it doesnt matter cause the engine and exhaust and look are all that matters?
Old 12-25-2018, 10:10 AM

2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by hkhalisy
what a beautiful build, that blue is really growing on me, making me think twice about the diamond white. So question to the group, how does everyone feel about the headlights? I personally did not upgrade I thought spidey eyes looked unique but the more I see the upgraded multibeam LED I regret my decision. I mainly stuck to PE, digital instrument cluster, heated/vented, 19' multisp black, pano-roof. Didnt even spec the burmester (another regret) or the 64 colors, NFC paining because back in April and May they did not have the prices. All it said on the dealer ordering guide was TBD so I had no idea what the cost would be. now many regrets. anyone else out there feel the same way, or it doesnt matter cause the engine and exhaust and look are all that matters?
I stuck with the standard LED headlights and actually did analog gauges too. I just preferred those though so no regrets there. Checking on my order tomorrow hoping it's in transit currently!
Old 12-25-2018, 11:02 AM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
The C43 is my weekend driver/second car. All weather capability is a must, hence the 4MATIC. Can't regret not moving up to the C63, but definitely would in warmer climates. Spec'd the Designo Selenite Grey Magno, could regret not having glossy paint but Magno will give it a premium distinct look. Missing out on the Optics Package because I didn't want the mandatory Night Package to go with it. Missing the AMG Performance Seats and Red Seat Belts, as they're not an option when selecting Saddle Brown.

64 colours definitely gives the interior a premium high end feel, and the silver Burmester speakers add to the detail. Prefer the classic design of the multibeam LED over the modern looking Spidey eyes.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:35 AM

TBD
I specced NFC on the hope it would enable wireless CarPlay, but it doesn’t. So it’s pretty useless. 64 colors also seems kind of silly to me. I prefer driving in a dim environment at night and from a design perspective the interior LEDs are kind of a tacked on feature by MB, not really part of the original interior design and thus not fully integrated (unlike day the E-class). Also every vehicle in the world has this now — even my Ford truck. So there’s not much special about it.

I too specced standard LEDs but kind of regret that now. Not based on appearance, but based on lighting performance. I kind of dig the standard LED look because they visually widen the front of the car, making it look lower and sportier.

Old 12-25-2018, 11:55 AM

2019 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by sieglo

I specced NFC on the hope it would enable wireless CarPlay, but it doesn’t. So it’s pretty useless. 64 colors also seems kind of silly to me. I prefer driving in a dim environment at night and from a design perspective the interior LEDs are kind of a tacked on feature by MB, not really part of the original interior design and thus not fully integrated (unlike day the E-class). Also every vehicle in the world has this now — even my Ford truck. So there’s not much special about it.

I too specced standard LEDs but kind of regret that now. Not based on appearance, but based on lighting performance. I kind of dig the standard LED look because they visually widen the front of the car, making it look lower and sportier.

is it obviously different in performance?
Old 12-25-2018, 01:15 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan '19, Saab 9-3ss '03 Stage7, Saab 900 cabrio '92
The main advantage of the Multibeam it's the same as Audi Matrix led and similar systems, adapts automatically the high beam and low beam to different situations and avoid dazzling the incoming traffic, adapts the light to the corners, intersections, also to rain, fog etc...

Mine I included the "Premium Basic" Package and comes with it.

Mine it's like the above, blue, with leather brown interior, heated, ventilated and power seats, plus other goodies. I ordered in november and I am awaiting a delivery date. it seems now Mercedes it's still planning the production for 2019.
Old 12-25-2018, 02:41 PM

TBD
is it obviously different in performance?
someone on this site posted a very positive review of the performance.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C43 (brilliant blue); 2016 Macan S (black); 2017 E300 (black); 1998 Landcruiser (black)
Here are my thoughts on the options I included (and didn't include):
  1. Upgraded LED lights - I'm really happy that I got it. The light performance is awesome, and the automatic high beam actually works. It's much better than the automatic high beam that was included in the P3 package in the E300.
  2. Brilliant blue paint - I love this color so much. I'm so happy I finally broke my streak of ordering cars in black.
  3. 64 LED interior lights - it doesn't produce the wow-factor as the LED interior lights in the E-class. But I'm happy I ordered it since it was (relatively) cheap for the sheer number of optical wires they put into the car. Steve recommended that I get it when I wavered, and I'm happy that I included it.
  4. Night package - on the sedan, the window trim comes in black. Up front, I'm ambivalent. I think I actually prefer the silver accents. But at back, the black tailpipes are awesome, and I'm glad I included it.
  5. Carbon fiber interior trim - I'm glad I ordered it even though it meant I couldn't order wireless charging/NFC pairing as a result (production delays if I wanted both). In retrospect, I would have been happy with the silver carbon fiber trim as well if I really needed wireless charging.
  6. Red stitching/red seat belts - I love it. Even though it meant I was getting vinyl w/ alcantara inserts rather than leather, I'm thrilled with how it looks. I guess it's a matter of personal taste. It reminds me of the GTS trim from Porsche.
  7. Burmester - I wanted to order the Burmester when ordering from Porsche three years ago, but it was an absurd $4000+ option, so we ended up with the crappy Bose system. On the C43, MB doesn't gouge you for this option, so I jumped on the upgrade. I'm really happy that I did. I can't wait to calibrate it.
  8. Digital gauge - another option that I don't need, but I'm glad I got. I certainly can live without it. But in supersport mode, it looks so good. RBG totally got me to order this...
  9. Stock 18inch wheels - my roads are terrible. So to avoid wheel/tire insurance and bone-jarring rides, I decided on the stock wheels. The new wheel style actually look pretty good, particularly the rear wheels.
  10. Parking package and Blind spot monitoring - I got it for peace of mind when my wife drives the car. That makes it worth it for me. If I were the only one driving the car, I wouldn't have bothered.
  11. Navigation - looks nice. Not a huge fan of MB navigation. It came with the multimedia package...
  12. Sports Exhaust - is this even up for debate? If you're on the fence about this one, this is a must have option imo.
Skips/Regrets/Missing options
  1. Heated steering wheel - this was the first thing my wife pointed out... Where is the heated steering wheel dial? Ummm... Yeah... I totally missed this one in my order. Oops. Don't be like me. Check this option off. Don't assume it was included in the heated seats option.
  2. Sport seats - If there's one option I wish I could get, it would be this one. It didn't work for my wife, so I skipped it...
  3. Distronic - every mile that I let the car drive itself is one less mile that I get to drive, so I skipped this one...
  4. HUD - For those that ordered the car early and had to wait (or are still in holding pattern), just know that you're lucky that you got to order this option. I had to skip it due to production delays...
And lastly, the one option I wish I could order... A physical button to skip forward/backward on music tracks. It's so frustrating to have to go into the media setting on the digital gauge or main display to change songs...

Last edited by MOTM; 12-25-2018 at 07:23 PM.
hkhalisy (12-25-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 11:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Past: BMW 330ci ZHP '04, Audi S4 '11, VW Touareg TDI '12, BMW 328i '13. Current: 2019 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by MOTM
Here are my thoughts on the options I included (and didn't include):
  1. Upgraded LED lights - I'm really happy that I got it. The light performance is awesome, and the automatic high beam actually works. It's much better than the automatic high beam that was included in the P3 package in the E300.
  2. Brilliant blue paint - I love this color so much. I'm so happy I finally broke my streak of ordering cars in black.
  3. 64 LED interior lights - it doesn't produce the wow-factor as the LED interior lights in the E-class. But I'm happy I ordered it since it was (relatively) cheap for the sheer number of optical wires they put into the car. Steve recommended that I get it when I wavered, and I'm happy that I included it.
  4. Night package - on the sedan, the window trim comes in black. Up front, I'm ambivalent. I think I actually prefer the silver accents. But at back, the black tailpipes are awesome, and I'm glad I included it.
  5. Carbon fiber interior trim - I'm glad I ordered it even though it meant I couldn't order wireless charging/NFC pairing as a result (production delays if I wanted both). In retrospect, I would have been happy with the silver carbon fiber trim as well if I really needed wireless charging.
  6. Red stitching/red seat belts - I love it. Even though it meant I was getting vinyl w/ alcantara inserts rather than leather, I'm thrilled with how it looks. I guess it's a matter of personal taste. It reminds me of the GTS trim from Porsche.
  7. Burmester - I wanted to order the Burmester when ordering from Porsche three years ago, but it was an absurd $4000+ option, so we ended up with the crappy Bose system. On the C43, MB doesn't gouge you for this option, so I jumped on the upgrade. I'm really happy that I did. I can't wait to calibrate it.
  8. Digital gauge - another option that I don't need, but I'm glad I got. I certainly can live without it. But in supersport mode, it looks so good. RBG totally got me to order this...
  9. Stock 18inch wheels - my roads are terrible. So to avoid wheel/tire insurance and bone-jarring rides, I decided on the stock wheels. The new wheel style actually look pretty good, particularly the rear wheels.
  10. Parking package and Blind spot monitoring - I got it for peace of mind when my wife drives the car. That makes it worth it for me. If I were the only one driving the car, I wouldn't have bothered.
  11. Navigation - looks nice. Not a huge fan of MB navigation. It came with the multimedia package...
  12. Sports Exhaust - is this even up for debate? If you're on the fence about this one, this is a must have option imo.
Skips/Regrets/Missing options
  1. Heated steering wheel - this was the first thing my wife pointed out... Where is the heated steering wheel dial? Ummm... Yeah... I totally missed this one in my order. Oops. Don't be like me. Check this option off. Don't assume it was included in the heated seats option.
  2. Sport seats - If there's one option I wish I could get, it would be this one. It didn't work for my wife, so I skipped it...
  3. Distronic - every mile that I let the car drive itself is one less mile that I get to drive, so I skipped this one...
  4. HUD - For those that ordered the car early and had to wait (or are still in holding pattern), just know that you're lucky that you got to order this option. I had to skip it due to production delays...
And lastly, the one option I wish I could order... A physical button to skip forward/backward on music tracks. It's so frustrating to have to go into the media setting on the digital gauge or main display to change songs...
thanks for this. The posts continue to support the option decisions I’ve made while I wait for the order. As an FYI- I don’t think you can get a heated steering wheel on the C43. You are able to do it on the C300 though. At least in the US. I know because I tried to get this one but had to settle with a nice pair of driving gloves for Christmas.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:34 PM

2019 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by ACSchnitzersprt

thanks for this. The posts continue to support the option decisions I’ve made while I wait for the order. As an FYI- I don’t think you can get a heated steering wheel on the C43. You are able to do it on the C300 though. At least in the US. I know because I tried to get this one but had to settle with a nice pair of driving gloves for Christmas.
did anyone receive good news? I have a dealer ETA of the 31st as per my SA. I really hope he isnt jerking my chain.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:34 PM

2015 C350 Sport, 2019 C43
I have been promised that mine will be in today. Waiting (im)patiently by phone and email for my SE to contact me.
Merlin and SJfitness's builds are close to mine at least on the outside. Glad I chose Selenite and those rims. The pictures are making me drool.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bayard
I have been promised that mine will be in today. Waiting (im)patiently by phone and email for my SE to contact me.
Merlin and SJfitness's builds are close to mine at least on the outside. Glad I chose Selenite and those rims. The pictures are making me drool.
Car is suppose to get in tomorrow the 27th in Sac! Kinda irritating since they already have other c43 sedans on their lot!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C43 AMG order - status, options, pics etc