360 Camera Calibration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by ShakyTom
The camera housing on the grille is just moulded plastic. You can make some adjustments to how the camera is screwed into the housing, but nowhere near enough to correct the angle to OEM.

If you don't have the 360 camera it's a great grille, but given how badly it is out of alignment, I will be going back to the stock grille or I will forever be annoyed by it.
Does this mean you're willing to part with the grille then? Feel free to PM me
Old 06-28-2018, 01:49 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
That's exactly what they've said, I'm on my own and they are not going to help me.

My gripe is that I went in with working cameras and now can't even use the backup camera. I don't think it's unreasonable to at least expect to be put back into my original position.

They were fully aware of the grille change and did not tell me this was a possible outcome.

Am I really being unreasonable?
No, you're not being unreasonable. They should have just left it alone in the first place if they didn't know they could fix it.

I don't care what you did to your car, if they made it worse then it's on them to at least bring it back to what it was at when you brought it there. If you are paying a shop to do something to your car, it's now their responsibility to not make it worse, nor should they charge you because they couldn't fix it.

Edit: I should have read further into the thread and seen you got it back to what it was anyways.

Last edited by SirJmon; 06-28-2018 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:39 PM

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
Does this mean you're willing to part with the grille then? Feel free to PM me
It wont be for a little while yet, need to get the chrome bars on the old one repainted in black as my DIY effort started chipping away and then I need to find the motivation and spare 2 hours to change it back over.

Are you in the UK?
Old 06-28-2018, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
It wont be for a little while yet, need to get the chrome bars on the old one repainted in black as my DIY effort started chipping away and then I need to find the motivation and spare 2 hours to change it back over.

Are you in the UK?
Sorry, in the US. Off to AliExpress is soon perhaps!
Old 11-20-2020, 11:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550 Cabriolet
Cool

Hopefully the new dealer gets it sorted for me

The calibration on this car (from what they told me) involves actually driving the car really slowly on the road while the car completes the camera checks and performs the calibration. I don't think any mats are used.
Sharing my experience here.

2015 E550 Cabriolet.

I replaced my busted grill with an OEM one from a Merc. dealer. To my surprise, the new one came with the camera built in, so I just connected the cable to the new one.

From that point forward, anytime I engaged the cameras, either automatically by putting the car in R, or manually by turning them on, I got a black screen with the message "Cameras Not Calibrated".

I pinged the dealership and got a quote for the repair and decided I would schedule it when time permitted.

In the meantime, what I had read in one of the threads on here, that the cameras would self-calibrate under normal driving, turned out to be true! My first few trips after replacing the grill were quite short in distance and duration. The first time I spent any significant time driving I noticed when I put it in R that the cameras were back in action and fully functional!

Procrastination FTW!!!
Old 11-21-2020, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
I replied to this thread then realised how old it was. Sorry. Deleted my reply.

Last edited by TModelle; 11-21-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-10-2024, 02:02 PM

GLS650
The camera housing on the grille is just moulded plastic. You can make some adjustments to how the camera is screwed into the housing, but nowhere near enough to correct the angle to OEM.

If you don't have the 360 camera it's a great grille, but given how badly it is out of alignment, I will be going back to the stock grille or I will forever be annoyed by it.
Ok - The problem caused by unplugged the camera during installing the new grill. It has nothing to do with teh grill. IF you put the originall grill back - you will have the same problem. The GRILL is not the problem
Old 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM

C43 AMG W205
Hello, so if somebody will have the same issue next time, just download Xentry 2021.06 version and you guys can calibrate it by yourselves. It's super easy; you just need to buy an Openport from eBay or AliExpress, costing only 20€, and you will have the original MB diagnostic system. If need help wiht dload xentry you can ask free for help!
Old 04-17-2024, 04:40 PM

GLS650
if you dont mind - please share the links for Xeand OPENPORT. I googled and got so many different items
Old 04-18-2024, 03:02 AM

C43 AMG W205
Hello) openport 2 here is link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3301...239c1802CTwBCi
Better to buy with better cable!
For xentry i have own manual how to d load it and now im paking manual to instal it correct in english language so need little bit time