RV 3.1 Performance Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by Gungaslow

what moderator are you talking about?? He’s not a moderator! You guys really need to let up on your badgering.. if you don’t like burnout mode and don’t trust it then don’t buy it! It’s America, you have free will to buy whatever tune makes you happy.. Don’t tune your car at all if your that worried about damaging your car! Any tunes that are highly aggressive put strain on the drive train so if your not willing to pay to play then just stick with the pep boys stick on chrome hood badges and air scoops and leave the hard core tuning to the big boys
Hardly a pay-to-play argument. Not a single person asking the question has any illusions that tuning can cause additional undue stress/wear. What's not clear is whether or not this mod causes undue HARM to the overall system. Worrying about copying the mod is completely bunk...it's solely about differentiation from the heard to grab cash for as long as they can. You're absolutely right...it's America...THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!! Props to them, honestly.

What's wrong though is completely ignoring the concerns that we have for our cars and the community as a whole. I've said it before...no one is asking for the lines of code or screenshots of how to do what they're doing. We just want an understanding of what's happening with this mod in practice. If the answer was "Hey, we determined the C43 system has the same capability of the 4matic+ system in the E63S...we figured out a way to allow XYZ to happen so you could perform a line-lock type burnout. Have fun!" or "Hey, we figured out how we can manipulate the TC so there's no power sent to the front under XYZ circumstances, with +/- ABC affect on the drivetrain, use at your own risk" everyone would STFU and move on. But what do we get? Crickets and sheep defending the silence to protect their elitist insecurities with the air scoop comments above. Until someone provides a response, enjoy your time-bomb transmissions.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
18 MB E63S AMG - 17 MB C43 AMG - Much more!
Originally Posted by b6tbfmp
All, with any tune, there is a risk, no matter what tuner you go with and we all know this. As I said in my first post, please give them a call and discuss their features then determine if this is the right tuner to go with. I went with AMR not because of a specific feature but their customer service and attention to their customers. The second part was their dedication to our vehicles and their in-house technical capacity in doing all of the features that some of you are suspicious with. To me, those features are secondary but to know that not only they perform tunes with other MB cars but to other mfg's and still have 5 star reviews, that confirmed it for me. Last, their dyno charts are somewhat comparable with other tuners too so we all have the choice in selecting which tuner to go with and if it isnt AMR, that is ok. Stick with the one you feel what is best. AMR has a wonderful product, and there are many happy customers, like me.
Thank you for your kind words and wonderful review.

Originally Posted by HTXgearhead

Thanks for jumping in here. I’m partially to blame, but it was getting out of hand.

I just went through three different threads. 10 members have now asked the same question. Not a single one of them has been directly answered regarding “burnout mode” damaging their vehicle. At this point, I think that the lack of response, even after a mod asks makes the answer pretty obvious.

Hopefully you will talk to the other mods about repercussions for selling damaging tunes to mbworld members wth no disclaimer on their thread.
Though you state others are asking, you are the only one that seems to be "badgering", "trolling", "bumping" and going out of there way to cause unnecessary drama. Those that were interested made a simple phone call and discussed with us their concerns over the phone. There was no moderator asking for information so lets not continue to throw misinformed fuel onto the fire .

The reason we have not jumped on your question, is due to the fact that you have never had anything positive to say in regards our company. You have never used us but seem to always have to make a comment in a negative manor towards any efforts we make to the vehicle. A good example was you going out of your way to bump a positive customer review thread to get your question answer when the thread had nothing to do with your question.

Here is another example:

Originally Posted by HTXgearhead
OP, could you do a minute long burnout for us? Please put a camera under your car, that way if something blows up you will at least have a good video!
A positive customer review of him enjoying his features and vehicle, in which you decided to put your negative commentary to use, yet again. You seem to never have anything good to say about us but yet everything to say when we are mentioned. We have never dealt with you and again, because of your past and present comments, is why your questions go overlooked.

Originally Posted by ShazV6
I am hoping that AMR can at least answer if the "burnout mode" hurts or does not hurt a cars transmission and/or drive train. Given the 31/69 fixed ratio i cannot see how it is safe to have a car at a standstill while the rears spin. This car can do a burnout by simply pressing the brakes to the floor and then gas, is that what AMR considers "burnout mode"? If we are speaking of modes shouldn't modes be switched back and forth with different maps? Not just consistently on every mode? Maybe the terminology is mixed up on AMR end? Not sure. But it would be nice to hear from them to just address the issue. Then again, i am sure they know what can happen if they provide false information and sell a product that they know will cause damage down the line, at least i hope.
To answer some of these questions and concerns, anything done to any vehicle creates "wear-and-tear". Beating on your vehicle every day, in stock form, causes wear. To state something causes "no wear" is a guarantee NO ONE can give you. We know clients who do not use launch control on there C63S, even stock, because they fear something wearing. If you go light to light, launching you car every day, that will cause wear. We can go on and on with this with any vehicle, racing, conditions, parts, etc.... This is why modifying your vehicle is labeled as "aftermarket" and parts that are put your vehicle, something as simple as a piggyback, air filter, cat-back exhaust, and others are labeled "off-road use only".

In regards to "Modes", a "Mode" is activated under specific conditions. No different then any "Mode" on a stock vehicle. For example, lets take our "2-Step" mode. The vehicle would need to be in "neutral" or "park", then under wide open throttle (WOT), the vehicle will go past its factory 3500-3800rpm to our preset RPM to initiate "2-Step" mode. This is a condition. Formula -> "Neatural/Park" + "WOT (98% TPS or more)" + "over 3500rpm" = "2-Step" Mode.

To conclude your question, a MODE is a set of conditions that must be met to create a specific preset outcome.

If anyone has any further questions, please do not hesitate to give a call!

Last edited by AMR Performance; 10-18-2018 at 12:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
b6tbfmp (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 01:56 PM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
You addressed the definition of mode and your two step, but still not the "burnout mode" So you are saying i can call and ask how the burnout mode is done and you will tell me but cannot tell us on how it can be done on the forums or this thread specifically? Just trying to get clarity as i am sure a lot of people research before purchasing your tune or any manufacturers tune that is. It wouldn't hurt, but by all means you have every right to keep this information to yourself and company.
RichardCranium3 (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 02:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Did someone at AMR run off with your wife? Let it go
AMR_Matt (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 02:19 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
If the same people are always popping in to defend a tune or a tuners service I don't see why a customer or simply someone inquiring about a feature should have to keep quiet. It's not like it's not a legitimate question. Isn't the forum a place to exchange advice, experiences, and vehicle info?

I could care less really, but wouldn't it have been just as easy for AMR to explain the burnout mode as it was to explain the two step (that nobody asked about)? IMO vendors should spend more time addressing their product instead of attempting to silence naysayers.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:25 PM

17' C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Steelguin
Did someone at AMR run off with your wife? Let it go
Let it go? Why? These are just questions and concerns is all. As they have mentioned we can call and ask how things are done. I am just asking for it to be told on the forums (this thread specifically) so people can be aware. People, including myself really want to know how this can be done. If they have figured this out without causing harm to a cars drive train and transmission that has a FIXED ratio of 31/69 it will be a breakthrough. Maybe they can have people switch over to their tune?I wouldn't personally but maybe others. Maybe they are hindering business by not telling the community how this is done. Or business is just pretty damn good and people just take their word for everything. I think people are mostly just interested to know how this is done and not having answers and selling something like this for such a high price tag of 3200 does raise a few eyebrows. Not knocking AMR one bit, just interested to know how, but as mentioned before he has every right to keep this to himself and company.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:38 PM

Received 127 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by DVision44
If the same people are always popping in to defend a tune or a tuners service I don't see why a customer or simply someone inquiring about a feature should have to keep quiet. It's not like it's not a legitimate question. Isn't the forum a place to exchange advice, experiences, and vehicle info?

I could care less really, but wouldn't it have been just as easy for AMR to explain the burnout mode as it was to explain the two step (that nobody asked about)? IMO vendors should spend more time addressing their product instead of attempting to silence naysayers.
+1.

The whole purpose of this forum is to help others with their cars
. We are asking a legitimate question, yet several members defend them to the end. If another vendor offered burnout mode, I would ask them the same question.

Really hoping a moderator will jump in and help us out with this. It’s sad that we can’t get an answer to whether or not the tune will damage your car...
Old 10-18-2018, 04:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
18 Benz C63
i want to know more about this tune that gets the C43 0-60 in 3.3's !! I just saw it on amrperformance instagram post. According to the post, it seems as if the claim is this RV3.1 ECU software upgrade can drastically drop the 0-60 this much? It does not list any other mods or upgrades. That's a hell of a claim if they are saying just a software upgrade can do that.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ryane8182:
AMR_Matt (10-18-2018), DIVINE AMG (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 08:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 C43 AMG (Tuned)
I'm new to this thread, have never said anything positive or negative about AMR and I would like to know how this Burnout Mode works please

Thanks
Old 10-19-2018, 10:07 AM

17' C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by jaap74
I'm new to this thread, have never said anything positive or negative about AMR and I would like to know how this Burnout Mode works please

Thanks
I do not think you will get an answer from them. They seem to read and like everything but never respond to this question. Your best bet is going to call them and maybe then they will tell you.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 543 Likes on 479 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Lucky any of you guys who blows a transfer case thanks to a tune. OEM Mercedes engineering would kill them stock on the w204.

//the best or nothing