Sponsored by:

RV 3.1 Performance Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 11:19 PM

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
Mercedes and BMW
RV 3.1 Performance Tune

I want to share my experience and process with AMR Performance. Just yesterday I got back my ECU from them. First of all, I researched many tuners and came across AMR. I reached out to their online customer service and Matt responded. Being how busy they are, Matt took the time to answer every question promptly and their customer service was really the reason I went with them. The other reason is they have C43/C450 in their own garages and that made me feel real comfortable. In my opinion, no other tuners dedicate more time to these vehicles than them.
When Matt called, he went over the process and sent me instructions in removing the ecu. In addition, he said there was a promotion going on and I took advantage of the great deal. Last, he said any updates such as the trans and fuel that I resolve them with the dealer before I send out the ECU. That level of service I really appreciated the heads up and commitment with their customers.
After I reinstalled the ECU, I have read in this forum that it needed a few days to learn and adjust. At first, the car felt smoother, and after 20-30 mins of driving, I felt with my butt dyno the car was coming alive. The pull was harder thru the rev range. The pops and crackles were all there and the car felt plain smoother throughout the rpm. I reached out to Matt to confirm if there was something I didnt do right and he sent out instructions for me to try a complete ECU reset. The car came much more alive after the reset and I cant wait to drive it tomorrow. My car is now a beast and I couldn't be happier. The car reacts much smoother and shifts are now smooth. I didnt do any 60 mph times or any other testing. I just want to share my experience with my new tune and AMR's customer service.
AMR's customer service is absolutely the best.
The following 4 users liked this post by b6tbfmp:
AMG C43 3LV6 (10-16-2018), AMR Performance (10-01-2018), AMR_Matt (10-01-2018), DIVINE AMG (10-01-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 05:49 PM

Received 126 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 C43 sedan
They should work on answering legitimate questions directed towards them. Did you see their most recent thread? Here is the link if you haven’t seen it, not a good impression if you don’t even reply: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...h-control.html

Glad to hear that you had a good experience though. If you ever go to the drag strip, post your times!

Last edited by HTXgearhead; 10-01-2018 at 06:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
munis (10-02-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 06:07 PM

Mercedes and BMW
Thanks for the compliment. I did see that thread and trust me they are very busy. All I can say is give them a call and they are happy to address some of the questions that were posed on the other thread you provided. Matt reached out to me this morning (545am PST), and asked how it felt during over the weekend.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:55 PM

2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by b6tbfmp
Thanks for the compliment. I did see that thread and trust me they are very busy. All I can say is give them a call and they are happy to address some of the questions that were posed on the other thread you provided. Matt reached out to me this morning (545am PST), and asked how it felt during over the weekend.
We are all busy! I am sticking with my JB4 piggyback because I’m in a lease. It takes me 10 minutes to remove it when I need to service the car. It’s just more convenient. If I bought my car, I might have gone full tune.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Busy charging people $3200 and not able to reply? just lol.
Happy that you are happy though
munis (10-02-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 09:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 65 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 Nissan GTR Black Edition, 2017 Mercedes C43 AMG
I want to share my experience and process with AMR Performance. Just yesterday I got back my ECU from them. First of all, I researched many tuners and came across AMR. I reached out to their online customer service and Matt responded. Being how busy they are, Matt took the time to answer every question promptly and their customer service was really the reason I went with them. The other reason is they have C43/C450 in their own garages and that made me feel real comfortable. In my opinion, no other tuners dedicate more time to these vehicles than them.
When Matt called, he went over the process and sent me instructions in removing the ecu. In addition, he said there was a promotion going on and I took advantage of the great deal. Last, he said any updates such as the trans and fuel that I resolve them with the dealer before I send out the ECU. That level of service I really appreciated the heads up and commitment with their customers.
After I reinstalled the ECU, I have read in this forum that it needed a few days to learn and adjust. At first, the car felt smoother, and after 20-30 mins of driving, I felt with my butt dyno the car was coming alive. The pull was harder thru the rev range. The pops and crackles were all there and the car felt plain smoother throughout the rpm. I reached out to Matt to confirm if there was something I didnt do right and he sent out instructions for me to try a complete ECU reset. The car came much more alive after the reset and I cant wait to drive it tomorrow. My car is now a beast and I couldn't be happier. The car reacts much smoother and shifts are now smooth. I didnt do any 60 mph times or any other testing. I just want to share my experience with my new tune and AMR's customer service.
Chris, we are ecstatic to hear that you are enjoying the tune! It was our pleasure to assist you. We are always focused on keeping our clients happy and offering the best possible service and product.

Originally Posted by HTXgearhead
They should work on answering legitimate questions directed towards them. Did you see their most recent thread? Here is the link if you haven’t seen it, not a good impression if you don’t even reply: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...h-control.html

Glad to hear that you had a good experience though. If you ever go to the drag strip, post your times!
Anyone that has contacted us directly with interest in the tune has been answered. You are asking a question regarding a proprietary feature that we implement in our upgrade. You are not interested in utilizing a full ECU tune anyway, so I don't see why it would matter to you. The people in the thread that you have linked, have contacted us directly and I have personally spoken to them.

Originally Posted by NYCSoiL
Busy charging people $3200 and not able to reply? just lol.
Happy that you are happy though
You are not a customer of ours nor do you have any intent on being a customer of ours as you have stated in multiple threads. We would appreciate you not trolling our threads as well as our customers threads in an attempt to cause unnecessary conflicts/arguments.

The following 2 users liked this post by AMR_Matt:
DIVINE AMG (10-02-2018), GuardianVA (10-02-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by AMR_Matt
You are not a customer of ours nor do you have any intent on being a customer of ours as you have stated in multiple threads. We would appreciate you not trolling our threads as well as our customers threads in an attempt to cause unnecessary conflicts/arguments.
I'd consider your tune as I am impressed with your results, however, the price is insane. I'd be happy to switch for let's say $1500, but not for $3200.
I might be wrong and you are getting hundreds of customers willing to pay $3200 to gamble with their car reliability and warranty.
Old 10-02-2018, 02:47 PM

2018 C43 sedan
Anyone that has contacted us directly with interest in the tune has been answered. You are asking a question regarding a proprietary feature that we implement in our upgrade. You are not interested in utilizing a full ECU tune anyway, so I don't see why it would matter to you. The people in the thread that you have linked, have contacted us directly and I have personally spoken to them.
Matt,

The point of this forum is to have open dialog between members. We warn others of past mistakes that have made so they don’t get repeated. We also caution members against certain mods that might have a negative impact on their car. Your burnout mode may or may not damage the driveline, but we don’t know because you just say, it’s a “proprietary feature”.

5 other members ask the same question I did. I know for a fact your didn’t talk to all of them because I contacted the first member on the list “agchenry”. Sure enough, he said you didn’t contact him and he did not contact you.

You are correct, I am not buying a full tune on my lease, but I have the right to ask a question on your sponsored thread when a feature that you sell (for a lot of money) doesn’t sound right.

What sounds deceiveing is the clever wording used in your description of burnout mode. You talk about the car “feeling” RWD, while never saying that it is. I don’t think you disable the awd. I think that your burnout mode will damage the driveline. If I’m wrong, call me out and I will own up to my mistake. I don’t see how you can disable an AWD system with an ecu tune.

I suggest going to the HDtuning thread, learn how they respond to members questions. Well worded, clear explanations so members can trust the tuner they are handing their cash to.

Last edited by HTXgearhead; 10-02-2018 at 02:52 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by HTXgearhead:
munis (10-02-2018), NYCSoiL (10-02-2018), RichardCranium3 (10-02-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 65 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 Nissan GTR Black Edition, 2017 Mercedes C43 AMG

Matt,

The point of this forum is to have open dialog between members. We warn others of past mistakes that have made so they don’t get repeated. We also caution members against certain mods that might have a negative impact on their car. Your burnout mode may or may not damage the driveline, but we don’t know because you just say, it’s a “proprietary feature”.

5 other members ask the same question I did. I know for a fact your didn’t talk to all of them because I contacted the first member on the list “agchenry”. Sure enough, he said you didn’t contact him and he did not contact you.

You are correct, I am not buying a full tune on my lease, but I have the right to ask a question on your sponsored thread when a feature that you sell (for a lot of money) doesn’t sound right.

What sounds deceiveing is the clever wording used in your description of burnout mode. You talk about the car “feeling” RWD, while never saying that it is. I don’t think you disable the awd. I think that your burnout mode will damage the driveline. If I’m wrong, call me out and I will own up to my mistake. I don’t see how you can disable an AWD system with an ecu tune.

I suggest going to the HDtuning thread, learn how they respond to members questions. Well worded, clear explanations so members can trust the tuner they are handing their cash to.
We have been invested in Mercedes Benz platforms for over 20 years. We have multiple achievements as well as thousands of clients equipped with our software upgrades and have been on this specific M276 platform since its first release. Anyone that was interested in the upgrade contacted me and I addressed all questions. As I previously mentioned, our coding is proprietary. I am not sure why you are in a positive review thread questioning features of a tune that you do not plan on purchasing.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:17 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
2018 C43
I wasn't asking for specifics on how to use (or how it's even possible), I was simply interested on how safe or not safe it was for the drivetrain in burnout mode. Also interested to know when more info on turbo upgrade will be available.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:31 PM

2018 C43 sedan
We have been invested in Mercedes Benz platforms for over 20 years. We have multiple achievements as well as thousands of clients equipped with our software upgrades and have been on this specific M276 platform since its first release. Anyone that was interested in the upgrade contacted me and I addressed all questions. As I previously mentioned, our coding is proprietary. I am not sure why you are in a positive review thread questioning features of a tune that you do not plan on purchasing.
Easy, OP was raving about your customer service, I disagree with him. You guys might be great in person, but all I have to go off of is how customers are addressed here.

I also said, “Glad to hear that you had a good experience though. If you ever go to the drag strip, post your times!” So I was not all negative.

Last time I’ll mention it and then I will drop this. Your “coding is proprietary” is a poor excuse. No one is asking for technical details. A simple, “We found a way to send all 31% of the power from the front wheels to the rear wheels via the ecu” would suffice, that doesn’t give out any of your proprietary info to competitors. But you know as well as I, that this isn’t the case, so to avoid potential issues that may arise down the road and being held responsible, you won’t comment on it.

I get it, you have a business to run. I fully respect small business owners and you are in a tough and competitive field, but not being upfront about the potential hazards burnout mode may cause down the road is why I am speaking up.

I respectfully look forward to hearing back from you on this with an actual answer, even if it is vague. I will happily drop it after you provide anything that hints at this feature not damaging the car.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
While I understand the inclination to cherry pick what you do and don't respond to, but doing so does not equate to quality customer service, or instill a sense of confidence in the decision to mod. I would say most here understand and accept a certain amount of risk that comes with bumping up the power via tuning, but that risk is more or less marginal in the grand scheme of things. Enabling a feature that's completely counter to normal operation and wear & tear (burnout mode) is not marginal.

I'm sure you'll be quick to point out my comments of excessive price on these options in the other thread, but that doesn't mean that's a forever stance. What if you have a big sale that you've spoken of? My inclination now is to pass given the lack of transparency on the burnout mode because "Hey, so and so hasn't been transparent on this, now I'm wondering about that and that." Whether or not "I'm your customer" is irrelevant. I was genuinely interested the functionality, as many have stated still are. "Proprietary" is a bunk response. No one is asking for the line of code you inserted so they can steal your mod.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Seriously, AMR is awesome! They were great for my v2 street tune then when I upgraded to the 3.1 they were great again.. all you guys who love to bash them who don’t plan to buy there tune are obsessed with trying to damage every single post that is made every time someone posts how good they are!! Wanna know what burnout mode will damage, I’ll tell you!! It will damage your rear tires!! Possibly melt the tread right off!! Anything else is a chance you take with getting any car tuned! More horsepower, wear and tear, transmission, axles.. it’s all a risk on any tune and you can’t expect everything to be the way a stock car with its stock warranty is.. if your not willing to pay to play then it’s just a moot point to modify any car! Stick with cosmetics , rims and decals, and leave the performance mods to the big boys!
The following 2 users liked this post by Gungaslow:
AMR_Matt (10-04-2018), DIVINE AMG (10-04-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 04:46 PM

2018 C43 sedan

Easy, OP was raving about your customer service, I disagree with him. You guys might be great in person, but all I have to go off of is how customers are addressed here.

I also said, “Glad to hear that you had a good experience though. If you ever go to the drag strip, post your times!” So I was not all negative.

Last time I’ll mention it and then I will drop this. Your “coding is proprietary” is a poor excuse. No one is asking for technical details. A simple, “We found a way to send all 31% of the power from the front wheels to the rear wheels via the ecu” would suffice, that doesn’t give out any of your proprietary info to competitors. But you know as well as I, that this isn’t the case, so to avoid potential issues that may arise down the road and being held responsible, you won’t comment on it.

I get it, you have a business to run. I fully respect small business owners and you are in a tough and competitive field, but not being upfront about the potential hazards burnout mode may cause down the road is why I am speaking up.

I respectfully look forward to hearing back from you on this with an actual answer, even if it is vague. I will happily drop it after you provide anything that hints at this feature not damaging the car.
bump
Old 10-15-2018, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
Why are you bumping this? What is the potential hazards your tune can cause down the road? Did they give you a warranty card with your tune and a lollipop?
DIVINE AMG (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 06:13 PM

Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport, ‘20 GLC300
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Why are you bumping this? What is the potential hazards your tune can cause down the road? Did they give you a warranty card with your tune and a lollipop?
Prob to give people a heads up that some the “extras” of this tune will most likely kill your vehicle.
Old 10-16-2018, 01:46 AM

2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by DIVINE AMG
How did you come to that conclusion or are you just hear to cause problems?

So if it is stated that "we found a way to send all 31% of the power from the front of the wheels to the rear of the wheels via the ECU", you would not agree with that answer in any cause as you stated above which would bring everything back to square one which is "how are you doing it". Any answer other then a step by step or showing how it is done would lead you to your normal question of "How". Creating this endless circle.

I can tell you that ANY answer that is given to you, will lead to another "how" from you. All coding is proprietary. The biggest issue with the aftermarket world, especially tuning, enthusiast ask for all of these features and want the vehicle to do all of these wonderful things but then complain when NO ONE is doing it. The reason why NO ONE does it is because the majority will just COPY what someone else has done instead of INNOVATE and/or CREATE or as one person's comment I had read in a previous thread stated "I will just wait for someone to copy it and sell it for cheaper".

This stops innovation and stops engineers from devoting time and improving on platforms. Leaving the vehicle/enthusiast to just simple tuning and the vehicle "is what it is".
Can’t believe you still have the ***** to post here. Half the people on this forum know that you are Rob from AMR. We can all see your post history! You have been called out on multiple threads.

You are putting words in my mouth by saying I won’t accept your answer. I will accept any answer that makes sense, even if it isn’t explained thoroughly. Saying something like, “we found a way to disconnect the front differential via coding” would be sufficient, but you won’t because you don’t want to get sued when a customer breaks parts and blames you.

You guys are relentless. Your constant self-promoting threads and posts make me want to leave this forum.

Let me refresh your memory. Go to post #18 and start reading: https://mbworld.org/forums/c450-c43-...d-bms-jb1.html

Or, better yet, prove me wrong. Take a C43 and do a burnout for 1 minutes on dry concrete with tires that aren’t bald. Upload the video here and I’ll drop it. And it has to be an actual burnout like you advertise, not donuts or spinning the tires for 2 seconds and releasing the brake like your other videos.

Last edited by HTXgearhead; 10-16-2018 at 02:00 AM.
NYCSoiL (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 05:00 AM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
Here I was thinking of getting my C43 tuned when the warranty expires. Hmmmm these threads are informative and interesting.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by DIVINE AMG;7577965
[b
So if it is stated that "we found a way to send all 31% of the power from the front of the wheels to the rear of the wheels via the ECU"[/b],
So is this the official answer or not? I'm still curious....
Old 10-16-2018, 02:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
18 MB E63S AMG - 17 MB C43 AMG - Much more!
Thank you for the review and sharing your thoughts! It was a pleasure and if there is anything you can do for us, do not hesitate to ask!

Seriously, AMR is awesome! They were great for my v2 street tune then when I upgraded to the 3.1 they were great again.. all you guys who love to bash them who don’t plan to buy there tune are obsessed with trying to damage every single post that is made every time someone posts how good they are!! Wanna know what burnout mode will damage, I’ll tell you!! It will damage your rear tires!! Possibly melt the tread right off!! Anything else is a chance you take with getting any car tuned! More horsepower, wear and tear, transmission, axles.. it’s all a risk on any tune and you can’t expect everything to be the way a stock car with its stock warranty is.. if your not willing to pay to play then it’s just a moot point to modify any car! Stick with cosmetics , rims and decals, and leave the performance mods to the big boys!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by threefirs

If, maybe, whatever. Not committing to an answer because we know you aren’t tuning the TCU and power distribution isn’t controlled by the ECU.

Development is great. And it’s worth paying for. Lying to customers and being a sleezy desperate “tuning” house is not great.

Not giving an answer does not qualify as "lying". No one has lied and we are far from "sleezy desperate tuning house". That is not a nice comment at all to say to any company. We have been in business for over 20yrs and our customers are very happy (see OP)

I am shocked you made such a comment, if you honestly thought this way you wouldn't have messaged us .

The ECU sends signals to the TCU. Instead of arguing I would recommend doing more research on the differential and transmission, especially the electronics, as our developers and software engineers did. Food for thought.

We have gone through this same situation when they said certain things can not be done with this platform.

There was the argument that the car can not run 11s, once done, arguments started until other company's were able to do it, then it was "Okay".

Then there was the argument that this platform can not have a 3.3-3.4 0-60mph, we spent time and now our customers are able to do this.

Then there was this platform can not "launch hard" and/or does not have "launch control". We developed it and now all of our customers enjoy it.

Then there was the argument, even done by you, DOWNPIPES do not make power, NOW all of a sudden, downpipes are worth it and do make gains on the vehicle.

We can even go down to the most basic argument, down memory lane, being one of the original companies to work on this M276 platform since its release when the topic was "how is AMR making more than 60hp thats impossible". Now, most brands make at least that.

This argument will always go on until "your favored tuner" and/or "your favorite company" develops it, then suddenly its "okay" by you.

Just because others have not done something does not mean it can not be done.

The following 3 users liked this post by AMR Performance:
b6tbfmp (10-16-2018), DIVINE AMG (10-17-2018), Gungaslow (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 10:04 PM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
I've been following this thread and am looking for a straight forward answer, does the burnout hurt the C43?

Please stop the back and forth attacks. This thread will get locked if it continues.
Spaggettio (10-16-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 10:01 AM

2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by jonathan358
I've been following this thread and am looking for a straight forward answer, does the burnout hurt the C43?

Please stop the back and forth attacks. This thread will get locked if it continues.
Thanks for jumping in here. I’m partially to blame, but it was getting out of hand.

I just went through three different threads. 10 members have now asked the same question. Not a single one of them has been directly answered regarding “burnout mode” damaging their vehicle. At this point, I think that the lack of response, even after a mod asks makes the answer pretty obvious.

Hopefully you will talk to the other mods about repercussions for selling damaging tunes to mbworld members wth no disclaimer on their thread.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan

Thanks for jumping in here. I’m partially to blame, but it was getting out of hand.

I just went through three different threads. 10 members have now asked the same question. Not a single one of them has been directly answered regarding “burnout mode” damaging their vehicle. At this point, I think that the lack of response, even after a mod asks makes the answer pretty obvious.

Hopefully you will talk to the other mods about repercussions for selling damaging tunes to mbworld members wth no disclaimer on their thread.
what moderator are you talking about?? He’s not a moderator! You guys really need to let up on your badgering.. if you don’t like burnout mode and don’t trust it then don’t buy it! It’s America, you have free will to buy whatever tune makes you happy.. Don’t tune your car at all if your that worried about damaging your car! Any tunes that are highly aggressive put strain on the drive train so if your not willing to pay to play then just stick with the pep boys stick on chrome hood badges and air scoops and leave the hard core tuning to the big boys
Old 10-18-2018, 11:08 AM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe

what moderator are you talking about?? He’s not a moderator! You guys really need to let up on your badgering.. if you don’t like burnout mode and don’t trust it then don’t buy it! It’s America, you have free will to buy whatever tune makes you happy.. Don’t tune your car at all if your that worried about damaging your car! Any tunes that are highly aggressive put strain on the drive train so if your not willing to pay to play then just stick with the pep boys stick on chrome hood badges and air scoops and leave the hard core tuning to the big boys
I am hoping that AMR can at least answer if the "burnout mode" hurts or does not hurt a cars transmission and/or drive train. Given the 31/69 fixed ratio i cannot see how it is safe to have a car at a standstill while the rears spin. This car can do a burnout by simply pressing the brakes to the floor and then gas, is that what AMR considers "burnout mode"? If we are speaking of modes shouldn't modes be switched back and forth with different maps? Not just consistently on every mode? Maybe the terminology is mixed up on AMR end? Not sure. But it would be nice to hear from them to just address the issue. Then again, i am sure they know what can happen if they provide false information and sell a product that they know will cause damage down the line, at least i hope.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:48 AM

Mercedes and BMW
All, with any tune, there is a risk, no matter what tuner you go with and we all know this. As I said in my first post, please give them a call and discuss their features then determine if this is the right tuner to go with. I went with AMR not because of a specific feature but their customer service and attention to their customers. The second part was their dedication to our vehicles and their in-house technical capacity in doing all of the features that some of you are suspicious with. To me, those features are secondary but to know that not only they perform tunes with other MB cars but to other mfg's and still have 5 star reviews, that confirmed it for me. Last, their dyno charts are somewhat comparable with other tuners too so we all have the choice in selecting which tuner to go with and if it isnt AMR, that is ok. Stick with the one you feel what is best. AMR has a wonderful product, and there are many happy customers, like me.
AMR_Matt (10-18-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RV 3.1 Performance Tune