Sponsored by:

Why the hate of the C43?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 07:17 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by ZeroGuardian
I'm sorry to go off topic but I just had to respond to this. As an audiophile your comment just made me cringe. BOSE??? Really? Please tell me you're joking. I'd highly encourage you to go visit any high end audio store and listen to the sound difference you get from real speakers, things like Paradigm, Polk Audio, Bowers & Wilkens, Dynaudio, etc. Not to mention the far better processors that companies like Yamaha, Harmin Kardon, Anthem, and so forth produce. (And these are the budget options!)

Do yourself a favor, go listen to some real audio gear and leave the Bose behind. They only offer over priced, style over substance speakers that only sell well because they dump half of their budget on marketing. (Always remember B.O.S.E. = Buy Other Sound Equipment)

**There is one exception, noice canceling headphones. Those you might as well get the Bose ones because they have the best noise canceling functionality, but then again if you are looking for noise canceling its always going to affect the audio quality (since you are asking the speakers to perform two jobs at once) anyways. Which basically brings down all others to about the same level.
I'm curious what you think of the Burmester speakers? Audio isn't my thing at all so I don't have much to go off of. Better than the "stock" system I imagine?
Old 10-24-2018, 08:45 AM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by MVEOVR
I'm curious what you think of the Burmester speakers? Audio isn't my thing at all so I don't have much to go off of. Better than the "stock" system I imagine?
From what I hear it is MUCH better than stock. But even then, and as a non-audiophile, I don't think my Burmesters are worth a damn.
The following users liked this post:
MVEOVR (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 09:41 AM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by E55 KEV
"OUR forum" - LOL that's really ridiculous and sounds snobbish. Show me where I stated anything about a "real amg" being better or demonstrated why I don't like anyone for having a C43? No where will you find that. I never bashed the car. If there is a forum rule stating members can't comment in a section other than their own cars please let everyone know. I don't have to prove anything to you or anyone else but I read the C43 section because I like the car! I doubt anyone would be reading the C43 forum if they disliked it.

sure buddy
Old 10-24-2018, 09:47 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Originally Posted by MVEOVR
Those arent Burmester speakers but rather Harmon Kardon speakers/ amp and not the nice aftermarket HK, the mass produced HK speakers. From what I am told the only hand Burmester had in designing the system was the layout of the speakers and cross over points of each speaker.

With that being said, the upgraded Burmester in my car, the optional 12 speaker system, sounds really good for a factory system, probably the best factory system I have ever heard and don't get it twisted I have been dabling in high end audio for 20yrs and spent tens of thousands on car and homes systems, so I do have a lot of experience.

Also my exhaust sound does not come out through my speakers like it does with cars that have the PE exhaust. I also set the system bass and treble correctly and have it set to surround mode. I will upgrade to Focal Speakers, dual 8" JL sub Box and JL audio 6 channel amp with processor at some point.

I am also of the one man, one pig philosophy and I was told by my sales guy that my car was being built in Mexico?? Would that be one man one donkey?

Last edited by Lazz83; 10-24-2018 at 09:57 AM.
MVEOVR (10-24-2018)
Old 10-24-2018, 03:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Lazz83

Also my exhaust sound does not come out through my speakers like it does with cars that have the PE exhaust.
Is this why the exhaust in the cabin sounded much louder in the C43 review video of a PE model? Is it proven that the PE plays exhaust notes over the speakers and the non-PE doesn't?

Does anyone know of any videos that compare the sounds of the PE to the non-PE c43 from outside the car?
Old 10-24-2018, 06:31 PM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Those arent Burmester speakers but rather Harmon Kardon speakers/ amp and not the nice aftermarket HK, the mass produced HK speakers. From what I am told the only hand Burmester had in designing the system was the layout of the speakers and cross over points of each speaker.

With that being said, the upgraded Burmester in my car, the optional 12 speaker system, sounds really good for a factory system, probably the best factory system I have ever heard and don't get it twisted I have been dabling in high end audio for 20yrs and spent tens of thousands on car and homes systems, so I do have a lot of experience.

Also my exhaust sound does not come out through my speakers like it does with cars that have the PE exhaust. I also set the system bass and treble correctly and have it set to surround mode. I will upgrade to Focal Speakers, dual 8" JL sub Box and JL audio 6 channel amp with processor at some point.

I am also of the one man, one pig philosophy and I was told by my sales guy that my car was being built in Mexico?? Would that be one man one donkey?
Are you talking about the Burmester High-End 3-D sound system found on the higher class Mercedes models? Because the "regular" upgraded Burmester speakers in our C43's are not good at all. They are clear and play songs well enough to not be annoyed but I can easily tell that it is not very sharp and has very bad low-end...

edit: I may be being a bit harsh. I can somewhat agree that they are good factory speakers. But I can only judge from economy cars and some lower-level luxuries.

Last edited by jonathan358; 10-24-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:34 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C450, 2019 E63S
I currently own a C450/C43, and even I think the biggest issue with the car is throwing on the AMG badge when the car is not 1) "1 man, 1 engine"; 2) V8 biturbo OR V12 biturbo; 3) Not made in the Affalterbach AMG factory. Other than that, the car looks and drives great. It has been a blast and I have no complaints. It certainly has served me well and continues to do so. They should have just called it a "C43", and kept the AMG 63's and AMG 65's in their own league. But again, it was marketing and that's all that matters to these big companies.

At the end of the day, if you care so much about the "hate" your car is getting, then get something else. Other than that, you bought to car to enjoy it, so go and beat the hell out of it and enjoy it.

The fact is it is not a real AMG, no matter how you try to work your way around that. I'm sure you can consider it to be partly an AMG - in a YES or NO question of whether it is an AMG, to qualify as a full blown AMG it must be 100% AMG, and you can only get that with a 63 or 65 today.

BD-C63 (11-01-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 12:39 AM

Received 102 Likes on 77 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
Using "1 man 1 engine" as what constitutes if it is an AMG or not is laughable. If AMG saw fit to put an AMG badge on it, then it is an AMG.

I wonder if the same people would think that Nike's weren't Nike's if they weren't sewn together by hand by kids in China. 1 kid 1 Nike

Thats why I said it was all marketing. Then Kev55 had to come back in and assert his superiority over us lowly lowly 43 drivers.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:06 AM

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
2016 E63 AMG-S, 2007 FERRARI 430, 2001 JEEP WRANGLER 60TH ANNI. EDITION SOLD 2011 E550 4matic
Old 10-25-2018, 06:31 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
This is looking like a BMW argument from 1995...the last time that M hand built an engine (S34 M5).... They actually matured up (going on a limb) and moved on.. AMG is doing wild things (albeit for profit), and before it is all over with there will be no more 1X1. Look at the ONE...
Old 10-25-2018, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 152 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Hey man (or woman) you need help. You got serious issues!

Originally Posted by waisoserious
Thats why I said it was all marketing. Then Kev55 had to come back in and assert his superiority over us lowly lowly 43 drivers.
Cause they are petty. Just how people are.
Because the Project One is expensive. To people like kev55, the 43 is not expensive enough. Thats what it boils down to.
I am just pointing out the ridiculousness of the grips of certain clown members (such as yourself) that demonstrate such a level of insecurity that you guys need to come to OUR forum to say you dont like us. Good job.
People always gotta find a reason to say why they're better than you etc.
I never posted anything negative about the C43 anywhere. This is what I posted and he judged and trolled me by making comments about things I never posted:

Originally Posted by E55 KEV
LOL - you sure had to go really far back to complain about AMG cars. The C32 last made in 2004 and E55 last made in 2005. If the parts you list are the only things different on a C32 and E55 you may not know much about what AMG does to the AMG version to increase the performance, handling, sound etc. Additionally, to say "1 man 1 engine is just marketing" would mean the engines are not built that way whatsoever because it's just marketing and not actually done.

Last edited by E55 KEV; 10-25-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 11:11 AM

2016 E63 AMG-S, 2007 FERRARI 430, 2001 JEEP WRANGLER 60TH ANNI. EDITION SOLD 2011 E550 4matic
Old 10-25-2018, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by NYC365
I currently own a C450/C43, and even I think the biggest issue with the car is throwing on the AMG badge when the car is not 1) "1 man, 1 engine"; 2) V8 biturbo OR V12 biturbo; 3) Not made in the Affalterbach AMG factory. Other than that, the car looks and drives great. It has been a blast and I have no complaints. It certainly has served me well and continues to do so. They should have just called it a "C43", and kept the AMG 63's and AMG 65's in their own league. But again, it was marketing and that's all that matters to these big companies.

At the end of the day, if you care so much about the "hate" your car is getting, then get something else. Other than that, you bought to car to enjoy it, so go and beat the hell out of it and enjoy it.

The fact is it is not a real AMG, no matter how you try to work your way around that. I'm sure you can consider it to be partly an AMG - in a YES or NO question of whether it is an AMG, to qualify as a full blown AMG it must be 100% AMG, and you can only get that with a 63 or 65 today.
I will keep it short and simple. Does it say AMG in the rear? It is an AMG then. Customers do not get to name the car, the manufacturer does. This is not even an argument. You can keep rambling on what kind of a recipe makes an AMG, but it is a moot point. AMG can make 3 wheeler tomorrow with a 2 stroke engine and call it an AMG. They decide what the term AMG entails.

Can you compare the C43 to a C63? No. C63 is vastly superior in 99% of the engineering aspects. A 63 is still a C63, forget the 43's v6 engines, even the rest of the competition's v8 cannot hold a candle to that engine. It has its own place. And no other engine is taking that place. I have always given the 63 the respect it deserves, and it has its own special place in my heart as a car guy.

Look down upon the c43 at your own peril though. Real life scenarios differ. Atleast that is what I saw at the track. As long as you avoid trying to race a 43 from dig, you should be fine.
The following 3 users liked this post by munis:
Lazz83 (10-26-2018), legendary (11-23-2018), removedCFGaccount (10-25-2018)
Old 10-25-2018, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Eh, Lazz um, I know what you are talking about. But it really isn't that much. The sound pumped is just to give the exhaust note some resonance. Also I do not know if you are actually saying the AWE exhaust is superior to the PE exhaust, but incase you are, it really isnt. I have spoken to several exhaust shops before my res delete, and all of them told me the same thing, very few aftermarket exhausts comes close to the build quality of the stock AMG PE. Also the design is pretty efficient. You person who has the PE will see no performance gain by going aftermarket.

Also the most important factor is that non PE cars do not come with the factory burble tune that was made for cars with PE. You can put a titanium exhaust up there, but the sound quality would not match that of a PE. I have seen several C43 running an aftermarket exhaust, the AWE track exhaust included. And it does not come close the factory PE sound in any way conceivable. Not in loudness not in sound quality, not in the burble, bang and crackling flatulence.
Old 10-25-2018, 03:39 PM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
09 CLK550
Originally Posted by munis
AMG can make 3 wheeler tomorrow with a 2 stroke engine and call it an AMG
http://www.ducati.com/news/diavel_am.../2245/index.do
Old 10-25-2018, 04:13 PM

Old 10-25-2018, 07:56 PM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2016 C450, 2019 E63S
Originally Posted by munis
I will keep it short and simple. Does it say AMG in the rear? It is an AMG then. Customers do not get to name the car, the manufacturer does. This is not even an argument. You can keep rambling on what kind of a recipe makes an AMG, but it is a moot point. AMG can make 3 wheeler tomorrow with a 2 stroke engine and call it an AMG. They decide what the term AMG entails.

Can you compare the C43 to a C63? No. C63 is vastly superior in 99% of the engineering aspects. A 63 is still a C63, forget the 43's v6 engines, even the rest of the competition's v8 cannot hold a candle to that engine. It has its own place. And no other engine is taking that place. I have always given the 63 the respect it deserves, and it has its own special place in my heart as a car guy.

Look down upon the c43 at your own peril though. Real life scenarios differ. Atleast that is what I saw at the track. As long as you avoid trying to race a 43 from dig, you should be fine.
Yes it has the badge, no it isn't a true AMG, that's a fact. It is a marketing technique to get everybody all excited about getting the 3 letter badge at a cheaper price, even my dealer said the same thing. I don't know why you guys get all fired up when someone states these simple facts. Not looking down on the car at all, I've been driving it for a long time and love it but I'm speaking about it as it is and it is nonetheless great and enjoyable, no complaints on that end. I recommend it to anyone, it has not been a disappointment in any aspect. You simply aren't satisfied with the facts which is why you take what I said as "looking down," when in reality the issue is that you're "looking too high up" because you've elevated the car to a platform it is not on. :-)
Old 10-26-2018, 12:59 AM

Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
If you guys want to go back in history, AMG was created to take normal Mercedes and make them faster. What Non-AMG mercedes can out perform a C43? This car is an AMG.
The following 4 users liked this post by C43Ayemgee:
AMG C43 3LV6 (10-26-2018), legendary (11-23-2018), munis (10-26-2018), susman@eurogermantown.com (10-28-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 01:08 AM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
Originally Posted by C43Ayemgee
If you guys want to go back in history, AMG was created to take normal Mercedes and make them faster. What Non-AMG mercedes can out perform a C43? This car is an AMG.
correct. AMG is about performance. it' NOT about how the engine is made.
legendary (11-23-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 02:19 AM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
Originally Posted by C43Ayemgee
Like a boss.

Thug life.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:28 AM

Received 66 Likes on 57 Posts
19 C43 Coupe, XC 60
Bingo.... I have been perusing through my "Driving Performance The AMG Magazine 2017/18" that I picked up at the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart... Guess what...All about performance from the entire AMG range. I plan on making a trip to AMG in Affalterbach in the near future, and will report back to what the AMG folks say defines an AMG.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:36 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6
Like a boss.

Thug life.
You know what defines an AMG? Scaring the living S**t out of your passengers with Brutal acceleration and becoming a menace to society to the town and area you live in. My car is loud, fast and obnoxious but in a James Bond Classy way, and that is why I bought it. Neither my mother or wife like riding in it any more, due to its freakish power & acceleration compared to average performance vehicles- and neither is faint of heart.

That is what I was hoping for in an AMG and thats what I got. This car is as crazy as me lol!

Last edited by Lazz83; 10-26-2018 at 11:39 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Lazz83:
AMG C43 3LV6 (10-26-2018), legendary (11-23-2018), munis (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes it has the badge, no it isn't a true AMG, that's a fact. It is a marketing technique to get everybody all excited about getting the 3 letter badge at a cheaper price, even my dealer said the same thing. I don't know why you guys get all fired up when someone states these simple facts. Not looking down on the car at all, I've been driving it for a long time and love it but I'm speaking about it as it is and it is nonetheless great and enjoyable, no complaints on that end. I recommend it to anyone, it has not been a disappointment in any aspect. You simply aren't satisfied with the facts which is why you take what I said as "looking down," when in reality the issue is that you're "looking too high up" because you've elevated the car to a platform it is not on. :-)
What?
Old 10-26-2018, 11:50 AM

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
TBD
Your dealer told you that the AMG he was selling you wasn't a real AMG, and you still bought it from him?

Or maybe you are talking about a different kind of dealer. Your post would make more sense in that context.
The following 2 users liked this post by sieglo:
Lazz83 (10-26-2018), munis (10-26-2018)
Old 10-26-2018, 12:54 PM

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 C63S AMG
First of all, I have no hate of the C43.

I believe a decent analogy would be that for years, you work hard and save up to buy a Rolex. After much effort you finally can afford it so you buy one so you do. The next month, Rolex buys Timex and decides to rebadge them as Rolexes. You know that you still own a real Rolex but deep down, it just bugs you (it shouldn’t, but it does).

I have no first hand knowledge of the C43’s and understand that they are fine vehicles but when I see one on the road, I don’t consider it to be a “true” AMG. I’m on my second C63 and literally laugh out loud every day I drive it because it is so over the top performance-wise.

Let the lambasting begin!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Why the hate of the C43?