Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OBD Tune Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2018 | 06:04 PM

GLC43, GTI, X3, Mazda3
Originally Posted by Lazz83
Out of curiosity why would you even consider a Renntech tune? It cost over $2k and makes like 40hp over stock measured (375 Bhp) how is 40 crank HP worth $2k+ especially when you factor in the 20 - 25% parasitic power train loss- your getting like 20 extra rwhp for $2200

Renntech is a great company for AMG in general and makes huge numbers on higher end AMG's but it is a joke for the C43 platform, you should consider something else for sure.
Its 41hp and 62tq Renntech with drivetrain loss in those numbers...a little higher using MB’s published numbers. I’ve also seen the tune under $2k as a special, although rare. Plus, although not 100% guarantee, if your dealer is a Rt dealer, they will help you out with any warranty issues which could be important. The MB and Rt arms length relationship plays a factor and you basically pay up for that.

That said, I do understand your point and am leaning more JB4, but the Rt with a local dealer supposedly on my side is tempting...yes, I understand they could get turned down and blame corporate for denying any work that could be engine related.
The following users liked this post:
AMG C43 3LV6 (12-01-2018)