C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Miles to empty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 09:05 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Past: BMW 330ci ZHP '04, Audi S4 '11, VW Touareg TDI '12, BMW 328i '13. Current: 2019 C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by netboy
I just got a brand new 2019 c300 loaner with 18 miles on it.
on the gas cap, it said use 91 gas.
will it harm the engine if i put 87 gas?
i kinda feel guilty about it, so i filled it with 91.
I've driven premium gas vehicles my entire life. I thought about this same thing until I was at a gas station and a young lady driving a 3 series similar to my model runs over and asks how much mileage I am getting. I was hitting 29 mixed and she said hers is only getting 15 max. Then stopped on her way back asking if it has anything to do with the regular gas versus premium she is putting in... She was filling up twice as often to save 50 cents.

The way I see it is you are using the miles, don't ruin it for others. Also, the loaner was likely included with your service and was a courtesy. You did the right thing. That will be someone else's car one day and we already have enough questions with dealer vehicles.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:13 AM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
Originally Posted by ACSchnitzersprt
The way I see it is you are using the miles, don't ruin it for others. Also, the loaner was likely included with your service and was a courtesy. You did the right thing. That will be someone else's car one day and we already have enough questions with dealer vehicles.
But when you buy used, you kind of expected the worst ?
that's why I always buy new, plus i can order the car with all the options i wanted.
The following users liked this post:
AMG C43 3LV6 (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 08:23 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
AMG C43 3LV6
that's why I always buy new, plus i can order the car with all the options i wanted.
Buying a loaner car from a dealership is probably akin to going to prostitute. At the end of the day something is going to wrong down the track.

Buying second car is fine as long as it hasnt had multiple drivers. Those loaner cars, have a new driver almost single day of its existence.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:21 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Past: BMW 330ci ZHP '04, Audi S4 '11, VW Touareg TDI '12, BMW 328i '13. Current: 2019 C43 AMG Sedan
This is exactly my thinking as well. My first car was used and when the crumbs would appear after each shift, I always have bought new since.

I guess I was going for more of a “take care of their loaner while it’s yours” type thing. At the very least and superficial thought, it would mean they’d loan another one to you next time. At the very deep level, especially for the cars with fractions of miles on them, maybe you can save one from the dealer’s hell for the moments you’re behind the wheel. Poor car will never be the same once it hits rotation though.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6
Buying a loaner car from a dealership is probably akin to going to prostitute. At the end of the day something is going to wrong down the track.

Buying second car is fine as long as it hasnt had multiple drivers. Those loaner cars, have a new driver almost single day of its existence.
66k miles on our ex-loaner 2012 Land Rover LR2 and, knock on wood, zero issues aside from 2/4 dead TPMS batteries. Shocking considering Land Rover's long term reputation. I'm sure her day will come though...