Sponsored by:

New to me C450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
GLB
New to me C450

Just signed the paperwork to my (soon to be) CPO 2016 C450 with 40k miles!!! It’s being shipped and will most likely arrive by the end of next week (can’t wait!). I’ve been reading through this forum and have learned so much before I’ve even received the car. I do have a few questions tho:

1. I’ve read a lot on this forum about purchasing extended warranties. I’m looking to hold onto this car for the next 5-10 years so I’m asking those with higher mileages, is this car “bullet proof” or will Murphy’s law come into effect? Where can I get the best deal on a 7yr 100k mileage ELW for this?

2. Are those stainless steel door locks worth the $27 on amazon to change out? Is this a common purchase?

3. I’m looking for some all weather floor mats. Is OEM the way to go or are weathertec or husky worth the price? Would anyone have a set for sale?!?! PM me!

4. Is there any must do mods? Looking to but an extended warranty I’m not looking to chip the ECU but looking to have fun.

If these have been extensively answered I apologize. If you have any words of wisdom or insight I’m new to Mercedes as I’ve had Audi’s for the last two cars (sorry!)
Old 01-18-2019, 07:00 AM

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
Originally Posted by milleian
Just signed the paperwork to my (soon to be) CPO 2016 C450 with 40k miles!!! It’s being shipped and will most likely arrive by the end of next week (can’t wait!). I’ve been reading through this forum and have learned so much before I’ve even received the car. I do have a few questions tho:

1. I’ve read a lot on this forum about purchasing extended warranties. I’m looking to hold onto this car for the next 5-10 years so I’m asking those with higher mileages, is this car “bullet proof” or will Murphy’s law come into effect? Where can I get the best deal on a 7yr 100k mileage ELW for this?

2. Are those stainless steel door locks worth the $27 on amazon to change out? Is this a common purchase?

3. I’m looking for some all weather floor mats. Is OEM the way to go or are weathertec or husky worth the price? Would anyone have a set for sale?!?! PM me!

4. Is there any must do mods? Looking to but an extended warranty I’m not looking to chip the ECU but looking to have fun.

If these have been extensively answered I apologize. If you have any words of wisdom or insight I’m new to Mercedes as I’ve had Audi’s for the last two cars (sorry!)
No mods are necessary but I did the SS locks because IMO the plastic looked cheap.

I have the MBUSA all weather mats for winter only I use stock mats in summer for cleaner look

Most people here piggyback or full ecu tune their car they also get catless downpipes and most recently have been getting the intakes.

if you are worried about warranty don't touch it
Old 01-18-2019, 01:49 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
Congrats! When you're ready for more power check out the premier tuning solution, the JB4: http://www.burgertuning.com/mercedes...00_Stage1.html
Old 01-19-2019, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43

I would be very nervous owning this car out of warranty. If uncovered by warranty, my service history in the first 2 years of ownership would be approaching five figures. To be fair, I've had problems with my car that took over a year to diagnose and but my impression of the QC of this vehicle compared to my GLC is not favorable to the C450. In this case I think you would be well served by an extended warranty. It's a fun car and yours will probably not have the problems mine did. However, you can negotiate the extended warranty down to a pretty reasonable price if you shop around.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:17 PM

GLB
Appreciate the feedback. I’m going to start calling around seeing how much I can get the 7/100k warranty for. I’ll be leaving the car stock.

if anyone’s looking to sell their allweather floor mats please message me.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:51 PM

GLB
Originally Posted by CFG
Where are you? I have a set for a 2010 c that works, but not ideally so. They need a home, so $50 and shipping conus.
Appreciate the quick reply but I’m searching for a floor mat that has a higher lip to catch dirt in, weathertech, husky liner, etc.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:56 PM

GLB
Updates.

1. Ended up purchasing the 2 year (7 year total)/ unlimited miles extended warranty from Jeff Jackson. Best price hands down and very smooth transaction.

2. Purchased and installed the metal door locks.

3. Purchased Weathertech floormats

4. Have been researching exterior parts for aesthetic appeal. I’d like to replace the front lip, rear diffuser, and possibly the side mirrors with AMG gloss black or carbon fiber pieces. I’ve found them at rwcarbon and also modbargains. Anyone have experience buying from modbargains? Also, anyone purchase the OEM CF mirrors from Mercedes? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F142422505243 Any feedback would be appreciated.

If anyone has any parts for sale please PM me. Thanks!
Old 07-07-2019, 05:16 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2005 C230 Kompressor
Updates.

1. Ended up purchasing the 2 year (7 year total)/ unlimited miles extended warranty from Jeff Jackson. Best price hands down and very smooth transaction.

2. Purchased and installed the metal door locks.

3. Purchased Weathertech floormats

4. Have been researching exterior parts for aesthetic appeal. I’d like to replace the front lip, rear diffuser, and possibly the side mirrors with AMG gloss black or carbon fiber pieces. I’ve found them at rwcarbon and also modbargains. Anyone have experience buying from modbargains? Also, anyone purchase the OEM CF mirrors from Mercedes? https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F142422505243 Any feedback would be appreciated.

If anyone has any parts for sale please PM me. Thanks!

Mind sharing the cost of your warranty? Also, what all did your warranty entail? I'm approaching end of manufacturer's warranty and looking at extended warranties and/or prepaid maintenance plans.

Attached is a photo of my C450 for reference on aesthetic pop.

Black vinyl wrapped lip, front grill wings, star, added diffuser accents, ceramic on windshield (life saver in Texas), and I plan to wrap the side rocker, powder coat wheels and brake calipers next.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:47 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
C450 AMG - Polar White
Originally Posted by jevsays
Mind sharing the cost of your warranty? Also, what all did your warranty entail? I'm approaching end of manufacturer's warranty and looking at extended warranties and/or prepaid maintenance plans.

Attached is a photo of my C450 for reference on aesthetic pop.

Black vinyl wrapped lip, front grill wings, star, added diffuser accents, ceramic on windshield (life saver in Texas), and I plan to wrap the side rocker, powder coat wheels and brake calipers next.
i pretty much did the same exact vinyl on my white 450. i love the subtle difference. plus i hated the aluminum and chrome finishes.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Skim450
i pretty much did the same exact vinyl on my white 450. i love the subtle difference. plus i hated the aluminum and chrome finishes.

Nice! You have amazing taste! Lol

Just got the rockers vinyled... I'm loving it.

Different take on the front grill.
The following users liked this post:
b6tbfmp (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 01:11 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
C450 AMG - Polar White
damn........ i need to get a car wash........ lol. nothing like glossy looking tires.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Skim450
damn........ i need to get a car wash........ lol. nothing like glossy looking tires.

It's a pet-peeve of mine to have a freshly cleaned car and no tire gloss. Switched from spray foam to gel with applicator pad to reduce the sling, the mud flaps help resist a little.