Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 08:44 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Autumn
2016 c450 Exhaust Cut Out via QTP Screamer

Hey All,

First time posting, but always reading.

Interested to see if any one has any input/reviews for the QTP Screamer muffler. http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/screamer/

I want to retain stock exhaust for normal daily driving, but want the LOUDNESS of the straight pipes once in a while. Idk about everyone else but I can't justify spending 3k plus for an exhaust system that has this ability (i.e armytrix) So was doing some research on just cutouts but after having the car up on a lift this weekend. I don't think there's enough room on the passenger side to safely run a cutout. So found these QTP mufflers with cutout, so for anyone who has heard anything about this, or has any input please don't hesitate to speak your mind.

Thank you
Old 05-07-2019, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG coupe
Cutout

Would love to know more about this as well. Not a lot of reasonably priced valved options for c450 or c43 non-PE owners
Old 05-07-2019, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
So we'd need two of these then. $675 + shipping and install isn't too bad considering all other options.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:59 AM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
nothing
None PE here as well; I want to know more about this too.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:07 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
996 Carrera, G55 AMG
Looks pretty cool. Would like info as well.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:14 PM

Autumn
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has had such feelings or interest in this.

So after some measurements and looking into the routing of the factory piping. I'm going to be scratching the idea of of the QTP screamers, for the reason of running into the fender wells with the tubing, and second I love the sound of the factory rumble, and would love to retain the Mercedes muffler.

So the new game plan is to run a single cutout on the factory exhaust post resonator. Gonna draw up a sketch of essentially the game plan in a few. Gonna do all the electrical on my own, but will have the exhaust shop do the welding. Depending on how it sounds post resonator I might keep it as is or delete the resonator as well. Drone isn't something that bothers me, personally don't even listen to music when driving bc the exhaust note is too beautiful to cover up LOL. But I'll keep everyone posted as I go thru this all.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:20 PM

C43 AMG coupe
What about something like this? To replace rear mufflers. Would need a pair though.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/xfo-vmk40-250/
Old 05-08-2019, 01:33 PM

C43 AMG coupe
Originally Posted by lalu713
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has had such feelings or interest in this.

So after some measurements and looking into the routing of the factory piping. I'm going to be scratching the idea of of the QTP screamers, for the reason of running into the fender wells with the tubing, and second I love the sound of the factory rumble, and would love to retain the Mercedes muffler.

So the new game plan is to run a single cutout on the factory exhaust post resonator. Gonna draw up a sketch of essentially the game plan in a few. Gonna do all the electrical on my own, but will have the exhaust shop do the welding. Depending on how it sounds post resonator I might keep it as is or delete the resonator as well. Drone isn't something that bothers me, personally don't even listen to music when driving bc the exhaust note is too beautiful to cover up LOL. But I'll keep everyone posted as I go thru this all.
From my experience, bypassing the rear mufflers (aka muffler delete) creates drone and a lot of low end frequencies. To get a higher pitched tone like the PE, you need to delete the center resonator and run true dual pipes to the rear with an Xpipe or Hpipe. I have this setup and it has no drone, but it would be nice to bypass the rear mufflers with a valve on days I want it louder.

It all depends what kind of sound you're chasing
Old 05-08-2019, 02:02 PM

Autumn
Originally Posted by Freesol
What about something like this? To replace rear mufflers. Would need a pair though.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/xfo-vmk40-250/

So, I did look into this system. But the few reviews I found didn't have much positive things to say about the sound note. I know I've used QTP before on an old Trans Am of mine to do a dump and my experience with their cutout was good, and the youtube videos of the screamer on the american muscle cars sounds good. So I'm assuming the screamer would sound good on the beautiful German engineered engine
Old 05-08-2019, 02:14 PM

Autumn
Originally Posted by Freesol
From my experience, bypassing the rear mufflers (aka muffler delete) creates drone and a lot of low end frequencies. To get a higher pitched tone like the PE, you need to delete the center resonator and run true dual pipes to the rear with an Xpipe or Hpipe. I have this setup and it has no drone, but it would be nice to bypass the rear mufflers with a valve on days I want it louder.

It all depends what kind of sound you're chasing

I get the logic behind that, and I do want to do a custom X/H pipe with true dual from cats to the axles. But for the mean time, I just want an exhaust dump LOL
Old 05-08-2019, 02:25 PM

Autumn
So, the game plan is this.

Use a QTP low Profile cutout, and at the factory axle split, add the cut out.

Now, I do apologize for the SHODDY illustrations b/c I quickly used Paint on my work computer.

Also, original photos go to SHADWELL, kind of stole his photos to dram on them

and of course gonna wrap the crap out of the tub with heat shield