Sponsored by:

HOW FAR DO YOU PARK?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
I just helped my fiancée get her first Mercedes ever, a GLC 300. She was coming from a nice car - the previous generation of the RAV4 Sport.

After years of wondering why I loved my C63 and C43, and not understanding why I did such peculiar things like: paying attention to where I park my cars, hand washing my car monthly, vacuuming and cleaning my interior weekly, and so on . . .

She finally gets it. It has been priceless, and I'm no longer teased for taking care of my other baby lol.
The following users liked this post:
PFEAMG (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 07:05 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by hyperion667
You rock and thanx for understanding and being so cool. Thanx for the compliment too
Thanks man, you’re making me blush over here lol!
Old 07-11-2019, 07:09 PM

'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by zibby43
I just helped my fiancée get her first Mercedes ever, a GLC 300. She was coming from a nice car - the previous generation of the RAV4 Sport.

After years of wondering why I loved my C63 and C43, and not understanding why I did such peculiar things like: paying attention to where I park my cars, hand washing my car monthly, vacuuming and cleaning my interior weekly, and so on . . .

She finally gets it. It has been priceless, and I'm no longer teased for taking care of my other baby lol.
Cool story and glad she finally gets it lol. Congrats on all your fantastic rides! 👍
zibby43 (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by PFEAMG
Cool story and glad she finally gets it lol. Congrats on all your fantastic rides! 👍
Thanks man! She parks farther away from other cars than me now haha.
PFEAMG (07-12-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 11:25 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Current: 2019 C43 Old: 2016 C450
I'm in San Francisco so space is a premium and everyone bumps cars while parallel parking. It's a PIA and i've been pretty lucky so far. I try to park in garages when i can and find spacious spots but sometimes i gotta take what's given. Most of the time i just uber around the city so it's not that bad.
PFEAMG (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 12:46 AM

'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by evoi19
I'm in San Francisco so space is a premium and everyone bumps cars while parallel parking. It's a PIA and i've been pretty lucky so far. I try to park in garages when i can and find spacious spots but sometimes i gotta take what's given. Most of the time i just uber around the city so it's not that bad.
Beautiful city, but parking constraints aside, it’s a shame it doesn’t seem like you’re able to enjoy your car much. Hopefully you get to take it out on weekends
Old 07-16-2019, 04:41 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 AMG C43 Coupe
So after reading and responding to to this post, karma, twist of fate or whatever you want to call it reared its ugly head! I parked at a mall at the end of an isle with a curb island on the passenger side of my car, far away from any other car. Upon leaving I decided to make a right turn out of the spot; Thinking I had more than enough clearance I made the right turn only to feel the slightest nudge on my rear wheel! you guessed it.... curbed the rear, passenger rim! @#$!
I have gloss black rims so the rash shows as aluminum color. It is very slight along the very edge of the rim so I was able to apply some touch up paint with some decent results, however I still know its there!! It will be about a $100 to fix professionally.
Not sure what feels worse... random person damage or Rookie mistake on my part..... lesson learned.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by coop16
So after reading and responding to to this post, karma, twist of fate or whatever you want to call it reared its ugly head! I parked at a mall at the end of an isle with a curb island on the passenger side of my car, far away from any other car. Upon leaving I decided to make a right turn out of the spot; Thinking I had more than enough clearance I made the right turn only to feel the slightest nudge on my rear wheel! you guessed it.... curbed the rear, passenger rim! @#$!
I have gloss black rims so the rash shows as aluminum color. It is very slight along the very edge of the rim so I was able to apply some touch up paint with some decent results, however I still know its there!! It will be about a $100 to fix professionally.
Not sure what feels worse... random person damage or Rookie mistake on my part..... lesson learned.
The fix will get it looking good again. Don't beat yourself up over it man. Happens to literally all of us. Curbed my old C63's front wheel while going through the bank drive-through. Went and got it fixed.

A week later, went to the same bank, went through the drive-through, and curbed the rear! I've never gone through a bank drive-through since.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:00 PM

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts
GTC, C43 coupe, GLC 300
Originally Posted by PFEAMG
Beautiful city, but parking constraints aside, it’s a shame it doesn’t seem like you’re able to enjoy your car much. Hopefully you get to take it out on weekends
Beautiful city but my friend is living there now and according to our snapchat back and forths the city seems to be drowning in human feces.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:22 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Current: 2019 C43 Old: 2016 C450
Originally Posted by 3.Pointed.Czar
Beautiful city but my friend is living there now and according to our snapchat back and forths the city seems to be drowning in human feces.
Depends on where you live to be honest. Yes, we have a huge homeless issue that the mayor isn't doing anything about but it's also the tech industry boom that contributed and the gentrification. I'm from here and have seen the change over the past 15-20 years.

What sucks is that people who visit stay where all the hotels are which is obvious, however the problem is that they are located in areas that are not the best areas in SF. So yea when you want to take a walk around, your'e in the middle of the tenderloin (TL, don't ask why it's named after a piece of cow). My advice to anyone who comes here, take an afternoon and explore the different neighborhoods. So much to do, eat and see here.
PFEAMG (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 10:40 PM

'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by coop16
Ahhh man, that’s brutal. Sorry to hear.
I did something similar years ago with my trans am. I didn’t know there was a parking cement barrier in front the parking spot and ran over the damn thing...ugh lol

Last edited by PFEAMG; 07-17-2019 at 10:42 PM.