C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So what do you Toronto guys think about the new noise regulations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
So what do you Toronto guys think about the new noise regulations?

What do you guys think about the new noise regulations being pushed down our throat?

Are you guys as inadequate as me?

https://www.blogto.com/city/2019/07/...aw-mayor-tory/
Old 07-17-2019, 01:09 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Unfortunately they give these noise tickets in a city as loud and large as NYC as well...smh
Old 07-17-2019, 02:03 PM

Received 149 Likes on 93 Posts
GTC, C43 coupe, GLC 300
Spoken like a Prius driver. All these dumb regulations wont stop until they have every car sounding like its queefing down the road. Really not looking forward to everything becoming hybrid/electric/autonomous; cars will be getting boring as hell.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:25 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
you still have the Crack addict mayor?
Old 07-17-2019, 02:39 PM

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
016 c450 AMG
No, he passed away..
Old 07-17-2019, 06:23 PM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
C43 2017
Originally Posted by Steelguin
you still have the Crack addict mayor?
His brother Doug is premier of ontario though
Old 07-17-2019, 07:16 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Current: 2019 C43 Old: 2016 C450
if you're getting pulled over for sound:
1. your car must be obnoxious AF and even worse, the drone inside....
2. the cops really have nothing else to do...i mean there are a million other things a cop should be doing IMO
3. if you're revving around the city, or taking it that high in the rev range, that's just asking for it...

what's the decibel limit for TOR?
Old 07-17-2019, 07:50 PM

Received 149 Likes on 93 Posts
GTC, C43 coupe, GLC 300
Originally Posted by evoi19
if you're getting pulled over for sound:
2. the cops really have nothing else to do...i mean there are a million other things a cop should be doing IMO
You're conveniently forgetting about a ton of cops who literally have nothing to do (specially in nice neighborhoods) and who are short on their quota which means they will be desperate to hand out whatever tickets they possibly can. This just gives them a new excuse.
The following 2 users liked this post by 3.Pointed.Czar:
evoi19 (07-18-2019), munis (07-19-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,665 Posts
2019 C63CS
This is happening across the globe and I can empathize with residents who have to endure these juveniles who think it's OK to disturb entire residential neighborhoods by revving their cars and take measures to make them even louder so they can disturb people even more. Noise has been identified as a major stress factor in modern societies. I like my performance cars sounding the part like the next guy, but there's a time and place for everything. Keep your exhaust valves closed in town and take it to less populated areas. Unfortunately, it always takes a few black sheep to ruin it for everybody else. Decibel limits are coming everywhere. I've eluded to that in other threads. If folks would be courteous and not rev their cars in cities or make the exhaust pop and bang on purpose, we wouldn't be here. These bans are coming because many people had enough and have complained to the politicians for a long time.
The following 3 users liked this post by superswiss:
5ilver-5urfer (07-17-2019), DylanM (07-19-2019), gcurnew (07-18-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss
This is happening across the globe and I can empathize with residents who have to endure these juveniles who think it's OK to disturb entire residential neighborhoods by revving their cars and take measures to make them even louder so they can disturb people even more. Noise has been identified as a major stress factor in modern societies. I like my performance cars sounding the part like the next guy, but there's a time and place for everything. Keep your exhaust valves closed in town and take it to less populated areas. Unfortunately, it always takes a few black sheep to ruin it for everybody else. Decibel limits are coming everywhere. I've eluded to that in other threads. If folks would be courteous and not rev their cars in cities or make the exhaust pop and bang on purpose, we wouldn't be here. These bans are coming because many people had enough and have complained to the politicians for a long time.
This is downtown though. Not the neighborly residential area. If it was I can totally understand disturbing the quietness of suburban neighborhood. Dunno to me a car is a moving source of noise. You will hear one for like 5 to 10 seconds max. Most of these cars are not that loud anyway, but if the few loud ones are taking your sleep away in broad daylight then may be you should see a doctor instead of yelling bloody murder at everyone. I think people in century are just way too uptight with zero tolerance for anything THEY deem to be not normal. If you are that sensitive to noise, may be use a ear plug or noise cancelling headphones. I have never met a normal relaxed person who is that unphased by mere exhaust noises.

I can see a city having quiet hours. Like no noise after 11pm until 8am. But to ticket people in broad day light for their car making sounds below 86db is ridiculous to say the least. To me it looks like a total crashgrab, I would not have said that if all other crimes in downtown was taken care off before going after the noisy boys. There still a murder everyday on average in downtown. That's one too many to even think about going for car exhaust noises before fixing the primary issues first.

Also I will understand if the exhausts are severely modified. There is 0 reason to ticket cars that comes a certain way from the factory.

Last edited by munis; 07-19-2019 at 10:19 AM.