C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the C43 , pre FL or FL have fake interior speaker engine noise?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 11:53 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
Would taking the radio out of the equation help then? Has anyone completely killed the radio speakers (taken the fuse out) to rule out any sound enhancement?
Old 07-28-2019, 01:42 PM

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
nothing
Originally Posted by gcurnew
Do you have a 2019 or a pre-FL C43?
18 coupe. don't know about FL
Old 07-28-2019, 04:20 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
I know a lot has been discussed in this thread about pre-FL vs FL C43 with and without PE. Not to derail the thread, but was just curious if anyone knows if the same is true with C63 as well, i.e. no piped in sound and no corresponding fuse for the sound generator?
Old 07-28-2019, 09:50 PM

Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts
‘15 C300 4M Sport, ‘20 GLC300
https://apple.news/A7I4ZU5FQSfCtYw2BoPp0cQ
Old 07-28-2019, 10:46 PM

nothing
Originally Posted by GreekUPS
Old 07-29-2019, 08:57 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 lol
Originally Posted by AMGiggity
18 coupe. don't know about FL
FL means "facelift" which happened with model year 2019 and included front and rear valance updates, additional power and torque and numerous other design and tech changes. If '18, then it's a pre-FL.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:50 AM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
Originally Posted by gcurnew
FL means "facelift" which happened with model year 2019 and included front and rear valance updates, additional power and torque and numerous other design and tech changes. If '18, then it's a pre-FL.
He knows what facelift is , he means he doesn't know re the sound through speakers on the facelift .
Old 07-29-2019, 10:52 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Tuxdude
I know a lot has been discussed in this thread about pre-FL vs FL C43 with and without PE. Not to derail the thread, but was just curious if anyone knows if the same is true with C63 as well, i.e. no piped in sound and no corresponding fuse for the sound generator?
The same applies to the C63:

Facelift with PE: Sound-Enhanced
Facelift without PE: Sound-Enhanced
Non-Facelift with PE: Sound-Enhanced
Non-Facelift without PE: NO Sound-Enhancing

Mail from AMG Germany asking them about the Sound-Generator in the C63s:
Gerne habe ich hinsichtlich der Motorsound Funktion im Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG S Coupe mit der technischen Fachabteilung gesprochen.

Bei der Funktion handelt es sich um eine Sonderausstattung, mit der das Fahrzeug ausgestattet sein muss. Da mir keine Fahrzeugidentnummer vorliegt, können wir die Ausstattung nicht prüfen und dementsprechend keine genauen Angaben machen. Gerne gehen wir Ihrer Anfrage nochmals genau nach, wenn Sie mir eine Kopie der Zulassungspapiere zukommen lassen.

Natürlich sind wir auch bei Fragen darüber hinaus gerne wieder für Sie da.

And then the second Mail:

hiermit komme ich zurück auf Ihre Antwort.

In Bezug auf die Motorsound Funktion habe ich nochmals mit meinen Kollegen Rücksprache gehalten.

Der Soundgenerator, mit der Teilenummer A 205 900 69 28, ist nicht für Ihren neu bestellten Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupé vorgesehen. Das Ersatzteil ist für die Baureihe aus dem Jahr 2016/2017 freigegeben.

Ich empfehle Ihnen, sich dazu nochmals mit Ihrem betreuenden Verkäufer in Verbindung zu setzen und zu klären, welche Möglichkeiten für Ihren neuen AMG bestehen.

Gerne stehen wir Ihnen zukünftig wieder zur Verfügung.

Last edited by Malar; 07-29-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:24 PM

nothing
Originally Posted by Malar
The same applies to the C63:

Facelift with PE: Sound-Enhanced
Facelift without PE: Sound-Enhanced
Non-Facelift with PE: Sound-Enhanced
Non-Facelift without PE: NO Sound-Enhancing

Mail from AMG Germany asking them about the Sound-Generator in the C63s:
Gerne habe ich hinsichtlich der Motorsound Funktion im Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG S Coupe mit der technischen Fachabteilung gesprochen.

Bei der Funktion handelt es sich um eine Sonderausstattung, mit der das Fahrzeug ausgestattet sein muss. Da mir keine Fahrzeugidentnummer vorliegt, können wir die Ausstattung nicht prüfen und dementsprechend keine genauen Angaben machen. Gerne gehen wir Ihrer Anfrage nochmals genau nach, wenn Sie mir eine Kopie der Zulassungspapiere zukommen lassen.

Natürlich sind wir auch bei Fragen darüber hinaus gerne wieder für Sie da.

And then the second Mail:

hiermit komme ich zurück auf Ihre Antwort.

In Bezug auf die Motorsound Funktion habe ich nochmals mit meinen Kollegen Rücksprache gehalten.

Der Soundgenerator, mit der Teilenummer A 205 900 69 28, ist nicht für Ihren neu bestellten Mercedes-AMG C 63 S Coupé vorgesehen. Das Ersatzteil ist für die Baureihe aus dem Jahr 2016/2017 freigegeben.

Ich empfehle Ihnen, sich dazu nochmals mit Ihrem betreuenden Verkäufer in Verbindung zu setzen und zu klären, welche Möglichkeiten für Ihren neuen AMG bestehen.

Gerne stehen wir Ihnen zukünftig wieder zur Verfügung.
Thanks for the info. I am fairly (but not 100%) sure that my 18 C43 without PE gets louder in S and S+ not merely because it runs in lower gears and higher RPM. Do you happen to know how?
Old 07-29-2019, 03:12 PM

Received 383 Likes on 245 Posts
Originally Posted by TModelle
Here’s what I’ve found:

1) C43 all variants have a Sound Generator Control Unit.

2) Only C43 Cabriolet and Coupe additionally have a Switchable Exhaust U78 Sound Generator and only if equipped with option B63 it has a Engine Noise Over Speaker Sound Generator Control Unit.

3) C43 Sedan and Estate do not have U78 and B63 specific Sound Generators.
Looking at WIS, I see different information:

- your car has "fake engine/exhaust-sounds" sent through your (front woofer and side-door midrange) speakers ONLY if your car has build/option code B63 (Sporty engine sound)

- there are 2 other types of sound generation that are referenced (I did a full search for "sound generation"):

+ for cars with build/option code 97B (Engine noise reduction via speakers): this is a noise-cancellation sound that's sent through speakers to REDUCE engine sounds in the interior (maybe SL and Maybach?)

+ for cars with build/option B53 (Acoustic ambient protection): this is an outside-the-vehicle sound generator that's enabled at low speeds to alert pedestrians of the car's presence (I assume it's for hybrid/electric vehicles)

If you want to know whether your vehicle generates "fake exhaust sounds" inside the vehicle, look up the build sheet for your car's VIN and see whether it has code B63 (ask Mr. Google to find Mercedes VIN lookup sites). Code B63 is listed as applying to "all" so it appears to be the only such code used for any Mercedes.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 S550 & 2012 E550 Convertible
That is because across the pond, we view Estate wagons as a car for your grandma or a mom with a bunch of kids. (sorry, I was trying to explain to someone who posted something several posts back)
Old 07-25-2020, 04:30 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan '19, Saab 9-3ss '03 Stage7, Saab 900 cabrio '92
mine it's a 2020 C43 and do not have the B63. It's a EU spec. Has the sport exhaust U78 code and additionally due EU regulations 6d, the 927 Exhaust Treatment, Euro 6 Technology and B10 Fuel Tank System For EU6D Standard, 968 COC Document For Euro6 Tech. Without Reg. Cert. Part 2
Old 11-04-2020, 09:15 PM

Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts
2018 C43
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
Confirmed by two separate owners in the C43/450/400 general WhatsApp chat that removing fuse 424 in the trunk panel makes an impact on cabin exhaust noise. Call it whatever you want, but the cars makes additional noise through the speakers to enhance the exhaust sound in the cabin with PE.

Edit: Also want to point out that this hasn't been confirmed with non-PE cars as far as I'm aware. I'm non-PE, so I'll test over lunch today and report back.

Little late to the party but decided to remove the 424 15A fuse on 2018 PFL PE Sedan. Will report back or not if something blows up.
Old 11-07-2020, 01:48 AM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Not all americans

Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
For some reason, Americans as a whole have an aversion against Estate (Boots) or what we call here Station Wagons. Out of the very few car makers who offer one, VW just announced it will kill the sales of it here. Audi has the allroad but with only one engine option, the 2.0 turbo. All others with the exception of the Jaguar one are boring. The Volvo one is nice just not enough power. I don't get what the issue is so I was excited when I saw the Merc CLA 45S Estate but unsure if it will be available here.
I think the wagons are cool as ****! They kinda cruise under the radar so to speak. Nobody really notices them until you blow their doors off passing them. I had a 06' Audi A4 S Trim Wagon and loved it. Unfortunately it went with the ex wife. If I had a choice, the wagon would by my first pick.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
250d Blue Tech sport C Class 205
Keep in mind those same dealers will insist that you have leather interior in your cars,when in actual fact its imitation,plastic,they tell you any old ****e,most sport exhausts are now, Active Sppeaker Exhaust technology
Old 11-23-2020, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 535 Posts
c
After having a PE loaner, there is no way it isn't piped into the interior. Actually annoying IMO.

Old 11-23-2020, 09:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,486 Likes on 981 Posts
No more MB:(
Does anyone know if the 63's have this?
Old 11-23-2020, 12:07 PM

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts
Acura TL-SH, among others
Originally Posted by places
Does anyone know if the 63's have this?
The FL C63's definitely do, not sure where the PFLs landed.
Old 11-30-2020, 04:30 PM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Cool

Originally Posted by Freder8d
I think the wagons are cool as ****! They kinda cruise under the radar so to speak. Nobody really notices them until you blow their doors off passing them. I had a 06' Audi A4 S Trim Wagon and loved it. Unfortunately it went with the ex wife. If I had a choice, the wagon would by my first pick.
Guy down the street has an E63 AMG wagon. It's medium grey (maybe M-B's Selenite grey), the dullest, least attention-getting finish I can think of. The guy has a long, steep driveway, and when he goes up it, the car sounds like no wagon I ever heard before! It's the ultimate stealth street racer.
Old 12-03-2020, 05:38 PM

2018 C43
So after removing the 424 fuse, I can't make my car pop and crackle on demand. Maybe it's the weather. Will keep an eye for awhile longer before putting the fuse back.
The following users liked this post:
gfmohn (12-03-2020)
Old 12-03-2020, 10:43 PM

Smile Thank you

Originally Posted by stockbmw
Little late to the party but decided to remove the 424 15A fuse on 2018 PFL PE Sedan. Will report back or not if something blows up.
Thank you. I will try this on the 2020 C43 sedan with the PE I picked up last Friday. I've been dying to get rid of the Rice-Krispies Snap-Crackle-and-Pop noises of a modern, fuel-injected car imitating the defects of a carbureted engine. I immediately turned the PE itself off and have tried "Slippery" Dynamic Select. Still, the car always sounds like a rear-engine car! (My first car was a 1961 Chevrolet Corvair, a rear-engine car, the original "Unsafe at Any Speed" model.)

(I needed a car immediately, and I wanted the power of a C43. I couldn't wait 6-8 months for an ordered car to be delivered. If I were lucky, that is -- in the third week of Nov., I read a complaint in another thread by a man who had ordered a car in mid-Jan. and still didn't have it. 10 months! So I had to take the PE, because that was on the car on the dealer lot.)

If pulling this fuse works, I am going to be overjoyed and outraged at the same time. I thought this sort of thing ended when we kids outgrew attaching playing cards to the front forks of our bicycles to make a Rrratta-Rrratta motorcycle sound!
Old 12-04-2020, 10:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 535 Posts
c
Originally Posted by stockbmw
So after removing the 424 fuse, I can't make my car pop and crackle on demand. Maybe it's the weather. Will keep an eye for awhile longer before putting the fuse back.
is that with the windows down? The car definitely doesn't fake the pops and bangs - it just makes pipes in enhanced sound of the exhaust through the speakers

unless that fuse is controlling more than just the singular focus. Like additional fuel mapping, etc.
Old 12-04-2020, 11:03 AM

2018 C43
Originally Posted by alexasa
is that with the windows down? The car definitely doesn't fake the pops and bangs - it just makes pipes in enhanced sound of the exhaust through the speakers

unless that fuse is controlling more than just the singular focus. Like additional fuel mapping, etc.
For past month, weather's been colder and with car catching covid and sitting in the garage more then usual, hardly needed to S+ my car. But I do remember 2 occasions when I wanted some pops and no pops. Just car revved high on S+ and no bangs between shifts, felt like S or C. Will probably leave 424 off for rest of the winter and see once in awhile on S+.

UPDATE : After few days the car farts and crackle on demand as usual. 424 fuse is still off, couldnt tell engine sounds from speakers before removing the fuse and couldn't tell it after. Will probably forgotten about this when summer arrives and maybe will notice something different when car is been on the road more.

Last edited by stockbmw; 12-06-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-02-2021, 05:15 PM

Red face If thy fuse offend thee, pluck it out

Originally Posted by gfmohn
Thank you. I will try this on the 2020 C43 sedan with the PE I picked up last Friday. I've been dying to get rid of the Rice-Krispies Snap-Crackle-and-Pop noises of a modern, fuel-injected car imitating the defects of a carbureted engine. I immediately turned the PE itself off and have tried "Slippery" Dynamic Select. Still, the car always sounds like a rear-engine car! (My first car was a 1961 Chevrolet Corvair, a rear-engine car, the original "Unsafe at Any Speed" model.)
. . . .
If pulling this fuse works, I am going to be overjoyed and outraged at the same time. I thought this sort of thing ended when we kids outgrew attaching playing cards to the front forks of our bicycles to make a Rrratta-Rrratta motorcycle sound!
Last week, I finally tried to pull one of the two fuses identified as "Sound" on the fuse diagram in my 2020 C43 sedan. They are not the same fuses as the fuses identified by RichardCranium3. I'm not going to give the numbers, in case other readers' diagrams are different.

I broke the top off the fuse, but the fusible wire seemed to be okay. i just pressed the fuse top back down and tried the car. I must have damaged the fuse, because the rear speakers have stopped working. That's okay with me, because classical music always comes from the front of the hall. Headbangers may want to get some replacement fuses before they experiment.

Now, the exhaust sound is now just loud, not super-loud. More important, it sounds natural, because it is all coming from outside the car. Also, the sound has a deeper tone, less treble sounds. The Snap-Crackle-and-Pop noises are unchanged (subject to the Dynamic Mode selected), but now they sound like they too are from outside the car. Most important, I will not feel embarrassed, if I give some people from my church a ride. So I can now live with the exhaust. But I am outraged that I had to do this.

I wanted to try removing the other fuse, too, This time I got a fuse puller. The clerk in the auto parts store looked up the type of fuse puller, so I assume it was the correct kind. Yesterday I tried it. Not having been born knowing how to use a fuse puller, I cannot see how to get the fuse puller down around the fuse. So I didn't try anything with the second fuse.
Old 01-02-2021, 05:24 PM

2018 C43
Glad the "sound" fuse did something in 2020 model. Like no sound on rear speakers (probably a fuse for an amp channel) and stopped some fake engine noise.

Aa for 2018, the fuse in question did absolutely nothing lol. Will pop back in when summer comes.
The following users liked this post:
gfmohn (01-02-2021)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Does the C43 , pre FL or FL have fake interior speaker engine noise?