Sponsored by:

Start Up Splash Screen on Digital Dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 04:30 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
Start Up Splash Screen on Digital Dash

I've only gotten this start up splash screen a couple of times since I've had the C-43 with the digital dash, anyone know the secret to keeping it happening every time I get in the car to start the car?
Otherwise I have the 2 side graphics and a message in the middle to not forget my key?
Any ideas?

en this start up splash screen a couple of times since I've had the C-43 with the digital dash, anyone know the secret to keeping it happening every time I get in the car to start the car?
Old 07-25-2019, 08:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 C43 AMG
I've had my car for 3 months now and have never seen this screen. It always shows me the "Don't Forget Your Key" screen
Old 07-25-2019, 08:52 AM

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
I've only gotten this start up splash screen a couple of times since I've had the C-43 with the digital dash, anyone know the secret to keeping it happening every time I get in the car to start the car?
Otherwise I have the 2 side graphics and a message in the middle to not forget my key?
Any ideas?

en this start up splash screen a couple of times since I've had the C-43 with the digital dash, anyone know the secret to keeping it happening every time I get in the car to start the car?
Yeah I've asked the same question...it only appeared for me on the day I picked the car up from the dealer on 7/1. I suspect once I started messing with the personal settings etc I somehow inadvertently turned it off. But I can't find it anywhere in the manual where it even talks about it let alone how to turn it on/off.

I know it's a nit, but it's still annoying and you would think it would work all of the time.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,665 Posts
2019 C63CS
I haven't payed all that much attention to this, but for the splash screen to come up, the car and displays have to be off and the driver's door has to be closed. Then if you turn on ignition, the dash wakes up with the splash screen. So in order to see it you have to get into the car, close the door, wait for the display to go dark and then turn on the car.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:37 PM

Received 138 Likes on 121 Posts
2018 C43
Why do you want to see front picture of c300 each time you get into your car?
Old 07-25-2019, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by stockbmw
I didn't even notice that. Somebody clearly took a shortcut with the C43. In my C63S I get the proper front fascia like this. It's a whole animation, too. First the Mercedes star comes up and then the car's front fascia fades in out of the dark. It is kinda cool.

You can see the whole sequence in Mr. AMG C63S review at 6:37 for example .

Last edited by superswiss; 07-25-2019 at 01:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
stockbmw (07-25-2019)
Old 07-25-2019, 04:20 PM

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Any ideas?

Originally Posted by stockbmw
LOL that's a good point. Maybe we're better off not seeing it anymore...
Old 07-25-2019, 06:47 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
Paid for it and think it's kind of cool, like the Active LED headlights going through their sequence....
Did try today the above suggestion and no luck, unless someone has another suggestion to make it work constantly I guess I'll hit the dealer and see what they say
Old 07-25-2019, 07:09 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
Paid for it and think it's kind of cool, like the Active LED headlights going through their sequence....
Did try today the above suggestion and no luck, unless someone has another suggestion to make it work constantly I guess I'll hit the dealer and see what they say
Old 07-25-2019, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
I see it all the time, and am hoping I can turn it off instead. Let us know what you find at the dealer, maybe there’s a way to turn it off and on.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:03 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
If you ensure the following two constraints, it is easy to see the animation reliably:
- The screen is turned off first
- The car is not yet in Accessory mode.

With the above, pressing the Start/Ignition button (without depressing the gas pedal) will bring up this animation before turning on Accessory mode.

Hence you can bring up the animation easily using either of the following two ways:
- With the car locked initially, unlock your car, get inside, close the door, lock the car, unlock the car. After few seconds, when the screen is still turned off press the Ignition button (without depressing the gas pedal).
- With the car locked initially, unlock your car, get inside, close the door, wait for roughly a minute for the screen to turn off completely. After the screen is completely off, press the ignition button (without depressing the gas pedal).

Last edited by Tuxdude; 07-28-2019 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:26 PM

2023 AMG EQE 53
Thanks for the tip, got in car, closed door, waited till digital display turned off, then with foot off the brake pedal pressed the starter button and the display showed the front animation. Now the question is why not just have the animation when you get it in, sitting in the car like I had to just to see it is just dumb.
The following users liked this post:
marinelo (05-28-2021)
Old 07-30-2019, 02:43 PM

Received 138 Likes on 121 Posts
2018 C43
Thanks for the tip, got in car, closed door, waited till digital display turned off, then with foot off the brake pedal pressed the starter button and the display showed the front animation. Now the question is why not just have the animation when you get it in, sitting in the car like I had to just to see it is just dumb.
Most morning, I just need to press start and go! Ain't got time for some animation.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Basically, it boots up the moment you unlock the car, so it is ready to go once you get in. I'm not sure what it does if you park your car but don't look it and then open the door after a while. Perhaps that will reveal the animation as you open the door. I'll find out once my car is home as I don't lock my cars in the garage.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:10 PM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by superswiss
Basically, it boots up the moment you unlock the car, so it is ready to go once you get in. I'm not sure what it does if you park your car but don't look it and then open the door after a while. Perhaps that will reveal the animation as you open the door. I'll find out once my car is home as I don't lock my cars in the garage.
I think after you switch off the car, you open and close the door the screen should blank after some time. If you put the car in Accessory mode at this point, it should show the animation.

Basically, the animation comes up only when the display is booting up and it is easy to see this if you switch to Accessory mode when the screen was previously completely off.