Just upgrade my wheel and spray caliper to acid green
The following users liked this post:
mrtakeo (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 04:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2019 AMG C43 4-MATIC Sedan
Originally Posted by Josephph

Just upgrade my wheel and spray caliper to acid green
That came out great, v nice Joe! Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:06 PM

Update 9/18:

Car is at SSR Performance for custom downpipes, resonator delete and seatbelt swap (factory black for Ferrari Red from www.safetyrestore.com).

Didn’t know the process on webbing exchange was so tedious. Have to rip out the seats, take off the belts, overnight them to Safety Restore, then pay for overnight shipping back (24 turnaround) so my car isn’t out of commission for longer than a week.

Question to everyone: should I rename this thread to something along the lines of “2019 C43 Mods” or just create a new one? Let me know.

Dipendable Guys (the shop I got the car wrapped at) put 10% tint on the front emblem and it looked way better. But it didn’t stick - will have to redo it, since it sticks out like a sore thumb with all the black.
Old 09-18-2019, 05:23 PM

Left the calipers factory for now, I actually don’t mind the silver, however.. with my fickle desire to change things constantly who knows.

A quick note on MPG:
Constantly at the gas station.. anyone else experiencing subpar mileage on the ‘19 C43’s? Occasional spirited driving, 75% city 25% hwy, and yet an average of 13 mpg over 2700 miles.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 MB C43 coupe, 2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
car looks great, keep the pics & updates / commentary coming.

13mpg is horrendous. you must be flogging your car like a rented mule
mrtakeo (09-19-2019)
Old 09-19-2019, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by ryanSTL
car looks great, keep the pics & updates / commentary coming.

13mpg is horrendous. you must be flogging your car like a rented mule
Thanks Ryan 🙏🏻

It happens to be a mule that enjoys a good flogging. But even so, such mpg’s don’t make sense.. help

Last edited by mrtakeo; 09-19-2019 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:18 PM

Update 9/19:

Car is at SSR until Monday 9/23 for resonator delete, custom downpipes install and Ferrari Red seatbelt swap courtesy of Safety Restore.

Up next: Stage 2 tune, coils/spacers.

Almost got our hands on some H&R VTF Adjustable Lowering Springs (#23002-6) BUT the application sheet shows only 23002-5 fits the Sedan. Bummed, see pics below.. will be doing some more research with a friend at B3 Garage in Santa Ana, CA. Not sure whether to go cup-kit or coils.. more to come.

23002-6 (only compatible with C205)
Old 09-20-2019, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by mrtakeo
Thanks Ryan 🙏🏻

It happens to be a mule that enjoys a good flogging. But even so, such mpg’s don’t make sense.. help
Averaging 19.2mpg over 36k miles. I would normally say it would calm down soon, but since your tune is coming, it'll only get worse until you calm your foot.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:27 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 BMW 335is, 2019 Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
So I am getting my calipers painted this weekend and I going red (original, I know...) but I have an option with a brighter red or a darker red. The darker red is a more expensive 3 layer process that they are giving me for the same price as the brighter one. I am thinking black AMG logo to match the black accent bits on the car and it should be easier to keep clean. I am also going to do a small AMG logo on the rear caliper to match the front. I am leaning toward the darker red (not because it's a fancier option for the same price) because it'll match well with the cranberry red leather and the darker red that's in our taillights. What do you guys think? White logos vs black logos and darker vs brighter red? I am attaching pics of my white coupe and the 2 red options (the Porsche is the darker red).

Thanks!

mrtakeo (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 674 Likes on 531 Posts
c
darker
viperx100 (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 345 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
they both look good. before i saw the pics i was going to say darker but i dont mind either. the oem red is lighter so do you want to be different or the same? Also black amg logo for sure. the white amg logo looks bad IMO with red calipers. idk why. other manufacturers look fine in white but i do not like the amg logo in white.
viperx100 (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Star4life
they both look good. before i saw the pics i was going to say darker but i dont mind either. the oem red is lighter so do you want to be different or the same? Also black amg logo for sure. the white amg logo looks bad IMO with red calipers. idk why. other manufacturers look fine in white but i do not like the amg logo in white.
Originally, I was actually thinking lighter because the wheel will cast a shadow and when they get some break dust, they'll get darker as well But I figured that I'll try to keep them clean since my wheels have a pretty open design and it shouldn't be too hard to wipe them down when washing the car. But when I look at the profile of the car with the darker red in the rear lights, I am thinking that the darker ones will match better and be more "mature", haha.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by viperx100
So I am getting my calipers painted this weekend and I going red (original, I know...) but I have an option with a brighter red or a darker red. The darker red is a more expensive 3 layer process that they are giving me for the same price as the brighter one. I am thinking black AMG logo to match the black accent bits on the car and it should be easier to keep clean. I am also going to do a small AMG logo on the rear caliper to match the front. I am leaning toward the darker red (not because it's a fancier option for the same price) because it'll match well with the cranberry red leather and the darker red that's in our taillights. What do you guys think? White logos vs black logos and darker vs brighter red? I am attaching pics of my white coupe and the 2 red options (the Porsche is the darker red).

Thanks!

Car looks great man. I've decided on going with red as well, despite the shop I took my car to cringing at the idea of "yet another red brake caliper paint job."

I am going with a brighter, more pronounced Ferrari Red since my seatbelts are that color and will be matchy matchy. Otherwise I'd go with a deeper, darker red like the Porsche. If your car is white, have the lettering in white. Also go 2 stage gloss paint on the calipers - gloss is the easiest to wipe off brake dust vs matte, and the 2+ coat will keep for a long time.

Can't wait to see the end result!
Old 09-26-2019, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Star4life
Valid point on the white lettering. I take back my previous statement to go white.

I'm simply going with black because my car is black.

Some examples below..

Old 09-27-2019, 09:20 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
C43
Thanks Ryan 🙏🏻

It seems right, mine is 15.7 over 3,200 miles, and I mostly drive it in comfort mode to work
mrtakeo (09-27-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 10:18 AM

Car looks great man. I've decided on going with red as well, despite the shop I took my car to cringing at the idea of "yet another red brake caliper paint job."

I am going with a brighter, more pronounced Ferrari Red since my seatbelts are that color and will be matchy matchy. Otherwise I'd go with a deeper, darker red like the Porsche. If your car is white, have the lettering in white. Also go 2 stage gloss paint on the calipers - gloss is the easiest to wipe off brake dust vs matte, and the 2+ coat will keep for a long time.

Can't wait to see the end result!
Thanks, brother! Unless I misunderstood, both the lighter and the darker reds get a gloss finish at the end. I think I am slowly leaning toward the darker red to match the taillights but it may come down to the game-time decision, haha. I'll def post the finished product. I appreciate the feedback!
mrtakeo (09-27-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 c43 AMG
Update 9/18:

Car is at SSR Performance for custom downpipes, resonator delete and seatbelt swap (factory black for Ferrari Red from www.safetyrestore.com).

Didn’t know the process on webbing exchange was so tedious. Have to rip out the seats, take off the belts, overnight them to Safety Restore, then pay for overnight shipping back (24 turnaround) so my car isn’t out of commission for longer than a week.

Question to everyone: should I rename this thread to something along the lines of “2019 C43 Mods” or just create a new one? Let me know.

Dipendable Guys (the shop I got the car wrapped at) put 10% tint on the front emblem and it looked way better. But it didn’t stick - will have to redo it, since it sticks out like a sore thumb with all the black.
The shop that wrapped your car, they also powder coat your wheels?
Old 09-27-2019, 01:37 PM

For those of you curious to know, the seatbelt webbing swap was a tedious process..

If you want to change the aesthetics of your life saving strap, your car will be out of commission for at least a week. First, the OEM belts have to be removed from the vehicle, sent to www.safetyrestore.com for a 24 hour turnaround, then sent back to be installed again.

However because of the explosive mechanism inside the seatbelt rig and all the electronics on the car limit you from doing other modifications at the same time.

To avoid having any false collision records or permanent CEL in the ECU, the battery has to be disconnected and the downpipe install had to wait until AFTER the seatbelts were put in. $80 per belt, $350 for 5 hours of labor, $120 for 2-way overnight shipping = $630. Custom downpipe cold start video coming next.

Old 09-27-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by JonWu
It seems right, mine is 15.7 over 3,200 miles, and I mostly drive it in comfort mode to work
Sigh. With performance and beauty comes great pain. Possible tune for E85 coming next. Sub-zero mpg’s will be achievable.

Originally Posted by viperx100
Thanks, brother! Unless I misunderstood, both the lighter and the darker reds get a gloss finish at the end. I think I am slowly leaning toward the darker red to match the taillights but it may come down to the game-time decision, haha. I'll def post the finished product. I appreciate the feedback!
You are correct! I meant there’s a way to get the finish in a flat matte color instead of gloss. Just depends on preference but gloss finish is the way to go for calipers.

Originally Posted by VinceLL
The shop that wrapped your car, they also powder coat your wheels?
Yep! They came out great. Took out all the chrome bits, however dust is VERY visible now. After a wash, within 1-2 drives you can see a light brown coat of brake feces.
Old 09-27-2019, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 674 Likes on 531 Posts
c
did you order the car? just wondering why you didn't opt for the belts or had them already.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by alexasa
did you order the car? just wondering why you didn't opt for the belts or had them already.
I did not unfortunately.. a dealer my friend works at had this one on the lot and I took it (4 months of ownership). Had all the bells and whistles I wanted EXCEPT for the red belts and HUD.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:12 PM

After getting custom downpipes installed ($800 + $300 labor) and a resonator delete ($150), there was a TON of rasp and unearthly, brassy noise coming as a likely result of the resonator delete. Despite watching many videos on facelift c43 with res delete, it did NOT sound good at all and I highly recommend against it. Got the resonator put back on - still some rasp beyond 4000 rpm's that does not seem to be normal - possible exhaust leak OR the flange (correct me if I am wrong) between the headers and downpipes needs to be replaced. Last possibility is that something is knocking or scraping against something.. stay tuned for diagnostics.

But without further ado, please feast your eardrums to this cold-start with catless downpipes and stock AMG PE (comfort mode, valves closed).
Attached Files
File Type: mpg
IMG_2172.mpg (4.34 MB, 62 views)
Old 09-28-2019, 03:34 AM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Tuned '18 C43 coupe & Stock '18 GLE43 coupe

Can't go wrong with red on a white car~
mrtakeo (09-28-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 09:11 AM

All done

Calipers have been painted last Saturday and I’m very happy with how the red turned out. Not too bright, not too dark. Thanks for all of the feedback.

The day of the paint job.

A few days later on a not so sunny day.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:51 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
I just saw this. This is exactly what I want done on my GLC43; however, I want to go with a bronze, goldish color since I have Lunar Blue. I see you are in Rockville, MD, I also live near by in DC. Where did you go to get your calipers painted and how much was the cost? You can PM if you don't want to say it publicly.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2019 C43 Caliper Colors