Sponsored by:

AMG performance seat quality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 c43
AMG performance seat quality

My MY19 car optioned with AMG performance seat, however after few months driving the red stitch thread loose around lumber support.
Is it normal for car this new?
I do pay attention when enter/exit the car.
Old 09-14-2019, 08:18 PM

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
If you didn't accidentally fray it with a zipper or keys in your pocket then just go back to the dealership and complain about QC.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W205 c43
The dealer already agree to fix the red stitch, however not too sure how they going to do it.
This is the first Merc I bought made in South Africa, disappointed with many fit and finish compare to other previous one manufacture in Germany.
Old 09-15-2019, 12:36 PM

Received 182 Likes on 143 Posts
2017 C43
I have the performance seats as well. Since the side bolsters stick out so much, I use one of the seat memory buttons and set it past the B-pillar to aid during egress/ingress and avoid rubbing against the bolster. Annoying at first, but soon became a habit. So, right before I turn the engine off, I press the memory seat I’ve set up to slide the seat back, and when I open the door the steering wheel goes up and I’m out. Or you can simply just slide the seat back before exiting and put your memory back when you get in.
My old w211 e class had this feature which included the seats sliding back. Idk why they can’t put this on the c class after more than 10 years instead of just raising the steering wheel.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:26 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan '19, Saab 9-3ss '03 Stage7, Saab 900 cabrio '92
Originally Posted by mo11
I have the performance seats as well. Since the side bolsters stick out so much, I use one of the seat memory buttons and set it past the B-pillar to aid during egress/ingress and avoid rubbing against the bolster. Annoying at first, but soon became a habit. So, right before I turn the engine off, I press the memory seat I’ve set up to slide the seat back, and when I open the door the steering wheel goes up and I’m out. Or you can simply just slide the seat back before exiting and put your memory back when you get in.
My old w211 e class had this feature which included the seats sliding back. Idk why they can’t put this on the c class after more than 10 years instead of just raising the steering wheel.

if you have memory seats you can switch on the "easy access" feature. It can be setup to do it for the steering wheel only or the steering wheel and the seats

When you need to access or exit the car the steering will move away and upwards and the seat backwards to allow you an easy entry and avoid precisely you scratch anything

regards
Old 09-15-2019, 05:42 PM

2017 C43
Originally Posted by EdC43AMG
if you have memory seats you can switch on the "easy access" feature. It can be setup to do it for the steering wheel only or the steering wheel and the seats

When you need to access or exit the car the steering will move away and upwards and the seat backwards to allow you an easy entry and avoid precisely you scratch anything

regards
Is it included on C class equipped with memory seats, whether it has the sport or performance seats, or is it new for the ‘19 C class?
I have a ‘17 sedan with memory seats and performance seats, the Easy Entry/Exit feature only does it for the steering wheel, not the seats.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by mo11
Is it included on C class equipped with memory seats, whether it has the sport or performance seats, or is it new for the ‘19 C class?
I have a ‘17 sedan with memory seats and performance seats, the Easy Entry/Exit feature only does it for the steering wheel, not the seats.

My 2019 has memory seats and the Easy Entry/Exit moves only seats and not steering. The opposite. Strange.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
The questions for both of you is a) whether or not you've programmed a seat and steering position, and b) how tall are you? My memory seat config only moves the steering wheel. My wife's memory config moves both. She's a good deal shorter than me, so the seat is quite a bit further forward and up than me obviously. I'm guessing my config only meets the threshold of needing to move the steering wheel for EE/E, while my wife's position satisfies the minimum to move both
Old 09-18-2019, 06:52 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
The questions for both of you is a) whether or not you've programmed a seat and steering position, and b) how tall are you? My memory seat config only moves the steering wheel. My wife's memory config moves both. She's a good deal shorter than me, so the seat is quite a bit further forward and up than me obviously. I'm guessing my config only meets the threshold of needing to move the steering wheel for EE/E, while my wife's position satisfies the minimum to move both
The auto seat movement only moves the seat back enough so that the edge of the back and the seat is flush with the B pillar, so if your normal seating position is as far back or more, it will not move for you
The following users liked this post:
RichardCranium3 (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 01:21 PM

2017 C43
I still don’t know if this a ‘19 feature or not. I tried setting up one of the memory as closest as possible and still it only moves the steering wheel, not the seats.