SuperSprint Catback w/ Rear Pipes C43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43
Smile SuperSprint Catback w/ Rear Pipes C43

Hi All,

Unfortunately the C43 in many SEA countries don't come with PE option and the AD wouldn't fit one on for us because it would require them to replace the mid-panel.

So even though i would prefer the deep H pipe character of the PE, I had no choice but to order aftermarket.

I ordered SS Catback w/ Rear pipes (Race) just because Aprakovic doesn't make one for C43.

I was wondering if anyone here could share some experiences they have with SS since most thread i've seen on here are mainly Armytrix, IPE, etc. (basically I don't see many SS owners).

For those who do not have SS:
-How has your experience been with your exhaust-swap-journey? What setup do you currently have?
-Any comments on Y vs X vs H Pipe? Drone problems?

Looking forward to your replies.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:33 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by nugohszz
Hi All,

Unfortunately the C43 in many SEA countries don't come with PE option and the AD wouldn't fit one on for us because it would require them to replace the mid-panel.

So even though i would prefer the deep H pipe character of the PE, I had no choice but to order aftermarket.

I ordered SS Catback w/ Rear pipes (Race) just because Aprakovic doesn't make one for C43.

I was wondering if anyone here could share some experiences they have with SS since most thread i've seen on here are mainly Armytrix, IPE, etc. (basically I don't see many SS owners).

For those who do not have SS:
-How has your experience been with your exhaust-swap-journey? What setup do you currently have?
-Any comments on Y vs X vs H Pipe? Drone problems?

Looking forward to your replies.
I dont have SS, I will tell you that if having to operate the muffler valves solely with the remote (of any maker) is tiresome. You definitely, if available, want to pay extra to add the Automatic Valve On/Off controller. It usually plugs into the OBDII, so if you have JB4 you may need a splitter.

I have an X-Pipe. Yes it drones. Which is why you want an option to put it on Auto instead of always on or off.

My exhaust is a FI Exhaust (midpipes and muffler sections) with stock down pipes.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:53 AM

c43
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by waisoserious
I dont have SS, I will tell you that if having to operate the muffler valves solely with the remote (of any maker) is tiresome. You definitely, if available, want to pay extra to add the Automatic Valve On/Off controller. It usually plugs into the OBDII, so if you have JB4 you may need a splitter.

I have an X-Pipe. Yes it drones. Which is why you want an option to put it on Auto instead of always on or off.

My exhaust is a FI Exhaust (midpipes and muffler sections) with stock down pipes.
Thank you for your reply!

Yes! FI is also very popular where I live.

Btw, SS doesn't have any 'valvle options' in their line up so i guess ill have to live with 'no-valve'.

Ill wait and try the SS setup first then see whats up. If i really cant live with the drone then I guess ill just install back then Oem resonator/ muffler.

For some odd reason cars in SEA comes with 2 resonators/ mufflers (non pe-option) before the rear muffler (so total of 3).
So when you are actually deleting 2 parts in the mid-section (if that makes anysense?) rather than 1.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:32 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Thank you for your reply!

Yes! FI is also very popular where I live.

Btw, SS doesn't have any 'valvle options' in their line up so i guess ill have to live with 'no-valve'.

Ill wait and try the SS setup first then see whats up. If i really cant live with the drone then I guess ill just install back then Oem resonator/ muffler.

For some odd reason cars in SEA comes with 2 resonators/ mufflers (non pe-option) before the rear muffler (so total of 3).
So when you are actually deleting 2 parts in the mid-section (if that makes anysense?) rather than 1.
Then I strongly suggest you get something Valved. My exhaust is very droney around 2000-3000rpms if I cannot turn it off/auto.

Ideally you only want the exhaust valves opened when you are WOT, otherwise you would want them closed. The drone will become very tiring. Especially for your passengers.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:33 AM

c43
Thanks for your info.

Cheers
Old 10-01-2019, 11:26 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Tuned '18 C43 coupe & Stock '18 GLE43 coupe

There is only one rez on the C43 U21 sports exhaust. I think the C400 has the 2 rez system.

How much $ is this SS exhaust in your country?

I also have the FI and love it~

Let us know how the SS sounds!
Old 10-01-2019, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by xX G Xx

There is only one rez on the C43 U21 sports exhaust. I think the C400 has the 2 rez system.

SEA cars have 2 resonators on U21 exhaust.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:57 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
Tuned '18 C43 coupe & Stock '18 GLE43 coupe
Originally Posted by TModelle
Well, I guess you learn something new everyday.

They really want your cars to be quiet over there huh? dang... 2 rez and no PE option.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:04 PM

c43
Yes.... sadly.... and while their at it they might as well multiply the car price by 3 too...

oh wait... they already did that..
Old 10-02-2019, 10:08 PM

c43
Originally Posted by xX G Xx

For some reason SEA cars have 2 Rez...

My Catback SS was around 5000-5500 us$ (Depending on exchange rate).

Unfortunately this is considered a 'cheap mod' over here since the car price is 145.000-155,000 US$ (without any options).......

FML.....
Old 10-02-2019, 10:14 PM

c43
I assume it is a tax thing, the car used to be 200,000 US$+ without any options........
Old 10-03-2019, 03:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
I assume it is a tax thing, the car used to be 200,000 US$+ without any options........
Not sure which part of SEA you're from, but for me it was more than 250k.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 Sedan
Im in the same situation in Thailand, no PE on my 19 sedan.

@nugohszz can you share some feedback from your Supersprint experience? Happy with it, drone, etc?

Im considering following cat-back systems:
1. Supersprint with sport mufflers without valvetronic
2. FI system with valvetronic
Any advice or suggestions? I wish to open up the exhaust a bit more and prefer a dual pipe system, similar'ish to the PE.

Thx in advance.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Originally Posted by Smeden
Im in the same situation in Thailand, no PE on my 19 sedan.

@nugohszz can you share some feedback from your Supersprint experience? Happy with it, drone, etc?

Im considering following cat-back systems:
1. Supersprint with sport mufflers without valvetronic
2. FI system with valvetronic
Any advice or suggestions? I wish to open up the exhaust a bit more and prefer a dual pipe system, similar'ish to the PE.

Thx in advance.
If you don’t have PE, and want a dual pipe system , but don’t want the expensive cost of the PE, I would definitely consider AWE.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 Sedan
If you don’t have PE, and want a dual pipe system , but don’t want the expensive cost of the PE, I would definitely consider AWE.
Thx. AWE has been added to my shortlist and I have requested a quote from a tuning shop in Bangkok.

I think I have read every single thread relating to C43 exhaust upgrades and the most common advise/suggestion is to get an exhaust with valvetronic and preferably auto open/close. To avoid drone when cruising.
Can the drone really be that bad, cruising 2000-2500 rpm in 9th gear on highways in comfort mode with a SS Sport or AWE touring system? (not the loudest race/track systems)