How to get the A/C Recirculation to be Automatically On on Startup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
How to get the A/C Recirculation to be Automatically On on Startup

Trying my luck again to ask if anyone has a solution for this on a 2019 C43.

I would like to have the recirculate automatically on when I start up the car.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:45 PM

Received 103 Likes on 86 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
I think if you leave auto on with AC, it will have recirculate on as well.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Originally Posted by jonathan358
I think if you leave auto on with AC, it will have recirculate on as well.
Unfortunately, it doesn't. Does yours?
Old 10-04-2019, 02:35 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by TModelle
Trying my luck again to ask if anyone has a solution for this on a 2019 C43.

I would like to have the recirculate automatically on when I start up the car.
I have tried to figure this out too and have not been able to. Having climate control on automatically turns the recirculate off, and it appears to me you have to turn the recirculate on every time
Old 10-04-2019, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,665 Posts
2019 C63CS
Out of curiosity, why? The air re-circulation can't be left on permanently. Even if you activate it manually it switches to fresh air after a while. It's not particularly healthy to keep circulating the same air in the air. There's a cabin air filter to filter the outside air, and I thought the A/C if left on automatic will use re-circulation to help cool down the interior faster as it sees fit.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by superswiss
Out of curiosity, why? The air re-circulation can't be left on permanently. Even if you activate it manually it switches to fresh air after a while. It's not particularly healthy to keep circulating the same air in the air. There's a cabin air filter to filter the outside air, and I thought the A/C if left on automatic will use re-circulation to help cool down the interior faster as it sees fit.
So when the outside air is very hot, doesnt the re-circulation make the ac work harder to cool the outside air?
Old 10-04-2019, 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,665 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by JonWu
So when the outside air is very hot, doesnt the re-circulation make the ac work harder to cool the outside air?
That's why I said, as far as I know the AC decides on its own when to shut off outside air and circulate the air in the car instead to help cooling down the cabin. However, if the car is parked in the sun for a while the cabin air will be significantly hotter than the outside air, so cooling down the cabin will actually be slightly faster by using the cooler outside air which doesn't have to be cooled down as much as the much hotter cabin air. Theoretically yes, once the cabin is cool it takes less energy to keep the interior air cool if it doesn't have to take in outside air and cool it, however, the passengers need oxygen to stay healthy so a steady supply of fresh air is required and it's why the climate control won't allow cutting off fresh air supply permanently. As I said and this is even mentioned in the owner's manual, if you turn on re-circulation it will automatically turn it off on its own after a while to bring in fresh outside air.

Last edited by superswiss; 10-04-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Originally Posted by superswiss
That's why I said, as far as I know the AC decides on its own when to shut off outside air and circulate the air in the car instead to help cooling down the cabin. However, if the car is parked in the sun for a while the cabin air will be significantly hotter than the outside air, so cooling down the cabin will actually be slightly faster by using the cooler outside air which doesn't have to be cooled down as much as the much hotter cabin air. Theoretically yes, once the cabin is cool it takes less energy to keep the interior air cool if it doesn't have to take in outside air and cool it, however, the passengers need oxygen to stay healthy so a steady supply of fresh air is required and it's why the climate control won't allow cutting off fresh air supply permanently. As I said and this is even mentioned in the owner's manual, if you turn on re-circulation it will automatically turn it off on its own after a while to bring in fresh outside air.
It doesn’t really matter justifying why it shouldn’t be done and that’s why we can’t, and what the owners manual says, being able to start up automatically in recirculate is something BMW, Audi and even Volvo cars are capable of doing. I’m asking how we can program or find an aftermarket solution the car so that we can start up automatically in recirculate just like all the other European makes.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:08 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
And why do you want the car to start up with the AC in recirc,?
Old 10-05-2019, 01:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
And why do you want the car to start up with the AC in recirc,?
As I said before and I’ll say it again. It’s not why, buthow, in case you’re not sure of the question that’s being asked in this thread.
The following users liked this post:
mosysav (10-05-2019)
Old 10-05-2019, 08:50 AM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
It can't be done, move on. Every vehicle has features others don't and that's for you to figure out before you buy. I personally hate auto start stop, the MB had a button to turn it off and others don't as an example.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
It can't be done, move on. Every vehicle has features others don't and that's for you to figure out before you buy. I personally hate auto start stop, the MB had a button to turn it off and others don't as an example.
Well, once upon a time in the not so distant past, starting up automatically in Individual mode on a 2019 was not possible and I’d tell anyone with confidence just like you it wasn’t possible and to move on. Then out of the blue I was proven wrong. It can now be done with an external device that works though the CAN bus. Which is why started this thread in a bid to try again, perhaps there is a solution now.
The following users liked this post:
Jujigatame (10-06-2019)
Old 10-05-2019, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by TModelle
Well, once upon a time in the not so distant past, starting up automatically in Individual mode on a 2019 was not possible and I’d tell anyone with confidence just like you it wasn’t possible and to move on. Then out of the blue I was proven wrong. It can now be done with an external device that works though the CAN bus. Which is why started this thread in a bid to try again, perhaps there is a solution now.
There’s solution for start up mode because there was legitimate demand at some point. I don’t see this one catching on, chief.