Sponsored by:

Eurocharged V4 Tune Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 04:28 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Eurocharged V4 Tune Review

I recently purchased a V4 OBDII tune for my 2017 GLC43 Coupe. Here is a short review.

Purchasing Process and Experience - EC was tremendous. They honored a great price that they offered me several months ago. Honestly I was not sure if they would still honor that price, but they did. The person who honored it was not even the same guy who quoted me. So this was fantastic of them to help me on this

Delivery Speed - I am in Taiwan so, it was as fast as it could be I suppose. I didnt receive it for like a week, but I can tell that they sent it out the same day.

Installation instructions - Very clear and straight forward. My only advice is that if you are a 1st time user, do not assume you know what the prompts will say and mindlessly keep pressing OK. Actually slow down to read it and everything will be fine. The instructions leave very little to be misunderstood

Anything not mentioned - You NEED a battery charger to safely do the installation. This is not mentioned anywhere before you get the instructions. The battery charger is cheap and any 12V charger will probably suffice, but it is something you need to have ready.

How is the Tune iteself? - I havent had the chance to dragy my car yet, but the car feels tremendous. Coming from a JB1, which was already pretty quick, I noticed the difference compared to the JB1 immediately. With a piggyback I honestly wasnt sure it was working immediately. The JB1 experience was more like I eventually started to notice the car was faster and faster over the next few days after installation. With the EC V4 (and I assume all remaps vs piggybacks) I noticed the difference immediately. Actually I have not had a chance to use the extra horse power yet and drive much slower compared to when I had the JB1, because the crazy amount of torque makes the roads feel much much shorter. So I am forced to drive with a lighter foot, so that I dont kill my tires and brakes. However on JB1, I did a 4.4sec 0-60 with 2 additional passengers in a GLC on 98ron fuel in really hot and humid weather. For reference in Taiwan, Tuned (full.tunes) C43's sedan/coupe with only driver do 0-60 in high 3's or 4 flat. So 4.4 was already pretty quick. So I expect this EC V4 to atleast be inbetween low 4's or high 3's if I am by myself. In anycase, it feels much much much faster. Most of the power in noticed in the low end, which is obvious from looking at their dyno graphs. On the top end, the difference isnt a dramatic compared to JB1, but the low end is night and day.

Customer Service - Mainly communicated through email with Jerry. But Jerry was pretty responsive despite my million questions. Many of them repetitive questions. Jerry even said that he would TRY to help me resolve my (now infamous, atleast in the WhatsApp chat) coldstart issue by trying to write out the cold start completely.

On a scale of 1 to 10 my experience is definitely a 10. Jerry's willingness to try to help me resolve my cold start issue, by giving me a cold start delete is really really really cool of him.

10/10 experience so far. Car feels fast. No weird behaviors. No excessive burble (I asked for NO Burble Tune). No CELs (yet). Everything is dandy.

I hope you see this Jerry. Thanks!

Last edited by waisoserious; 10-09-2019 at 07:29 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by waisoserious:
AMGiggity (10-09-2019), loungn14 (10-09-2019), viperx100 (11-18-2019), xX G Xx (10-10-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by waisoserious
I recently purchased a V4 OBDII tune for my 2017 GLC43 Coupe. Here is a short review.

Purchasing Process and Experience - EC was tremendous. They honored a great price that they offered me several months ago. Honestly I was not sure if they would still honor that price, but they did. The person who honored it was not even the same guy who quoted me. So this was fantastic of them to help me on this

Delivery Speed - I am in Taiwan so, it was as fast as it could be I suppose. I didnt receive it for like a week, but I can tell that they sent it out the same day.

Installation instructions - Very clear and straight forward. My only advice is that if you are a 1st time user, do not assume you know what the prompts will say and mindlessly keep pressing OK. Actually slow down to read it and everything will be fine. The instructions leave very little to be misunderstood

Anything not mentioned - You NEED a battery charger to safely do the installation. This is not mentioned anywhere before you get the instructions. The battery charger is cheap and any 12V charger will probably suffice, but it is something you need to have ready.

How is the Tune iteself? - I havent had the chance to dragy my car yet, but the car feels tremendous. Coming from a JB1, which was already pretty quick, I noticed the difference compared to the JB1 immediately. With a piggyback I honestly wasnt sure it was working immediately. The JB1 experience was more like I eventually started to notice the car was faster and faster over the next few days after installation. With the EC V4 (and I assume all remaps vs piggybacks) I noticed the difference immediately. Actually I have not had a chance to use the extra horse power yet and drive much slower compared to when I had the JB1, because the crazy amount of torque makes the roads feel much much shorter. So I am forced to drive with a lighter foot, so that I dont kill my tires and brakes. However on JB1, I did a 4.4sec 0-60 with 2 additional passengers in a GLC on 98ron fuel in really hot and humid weather. For reference in Taiwan, Tuned (full.tunes) C43's sedan/coupe with only driver do 0-60 in high 3's or 4 flat. So 4.4 was already pretty quick. So I expect this EC V4 to atleast be inbetween low 4's or high 3's if I am by myself. In anycase, it feels much much much faster. Most of the power in noticed in the low end, which is obvious from looking at their dyno graphs. On the top end, the difference isnt a dramatic compared to JB1, but the low end is night and day.

Customer Service - Mainly communicated through email with Jerry. But Jerry was pretty responsive despite my million questions. Many of them repetitive questions. Jerry even said that he would TRY to help me resolve my (now infamous, atleast in the WhatsApp chat) coldstart issue by trying to write out the cold start completely.

On a scale of 1 to 10 my experience is definitely a 10. Jerry's willingness to try to help me resolve my cold start issue, by giving me a cold start delete is really really really cool of him.

10/10 experience so far. Car feels fast. No weird behaviors. No excessive burble (I asked for NO Burble Tune). No CELs (yet). Everything is dandy.

I hope you see this Jerry. Thanks!
Which Eurocharged did you deal with. I wonder if they can write out the upshift farts.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by TModelle
Which Eurocharged did you deal with. I wonder if they can write out the upshift farts.
Houston
Old 10-09-2019, 11:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Houston
Thanks. Their website doesn’t seem to list 2019 facelift C43 yet.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:01 PM

Thanks. Their website doesn’t seem to list 2019 facelift C43 yet.
You should just email them and ask.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
You should just email them and ask.
I will. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:26 PM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
Just did my 1st timing runs on the Dragy with V4.
Posted same 1/4 mile and 100-200 kph but improved 0-60 MPH.

My new best:

The following users liked this post:
jevsays (10-17-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 08:02 PM

Bumping this thread to update it with my now infamous "coldstart" problem.

From the research that I did while I was experiencing this problem myself, its basically everybody who had their car's software update these past few months. Before you guys start asking again "where [you] can get this new and amazing update" know that this is more for the modified crowd. For the owners with aftermarket, un-resonated dual midpipe exhausts. On a stock, NON-PE Exhaust the cold start might sound cool or at the very least not be irritating. But on my car, it was downright embarrassing. It was sooo loud and obnoxious. It was embarrassing for me even sitting in the car, knowing that everybody else could hear it. Way way WAY too loud and obnoxious for something that would happen every 20 mins. And yes it is 20mins. After living with this update for almost 2 months, the auto coldstart function which I thought was timed at about 45mins was actually 20mins.

Basically Jerry at Eurocharged fixed my coldstart issue. I am not a software engineer so I do not know exactly what he did or did not do, but from what I can tell, he significantly lowered the idle RPM during coldstarts. Previously my coldstarts would idle at 1500rpm but Jerry got the coldstart to idle at 600-700rpm instead. The result is my car is much much much quieter than before. So he didnt exactly write it out, but instead handicapped the coldstart. I am extremely extremely happy with the result.

Jerry did not owe me anything. I was just some random client of his that bought his V4 OBDII tune previously (which I love). The feature that I asked him to provide (coldstart delete) did not even exist at all for our platform (M276 DELA 30) so Jerry had to research it himself. It took him about a month to do on and off in his spare time. But 2 days ago he delivered. And boy did he deliver big. The coldstart is barely noticeable now. Jerry provided me with 3 maps (2 of which were STOCK) to test his new coldstart delete. Each map with a lower and lower idle. Only after I tested each map 1 at a time and OKAY each, did he give me the next map and eventually the full V4 tune with the coldstart delete.

I cannot begin to thank him enough, because I know from our email correspondance, this took up a significant portion of his free time. I initially had regrets about going with EC's OBDII Tune over a local canned tuned. I thought, why would I need to keep flashing my ECU anyways? The whole thing seemed like a hassle, especially since it requires a battery charger. Having your local shop flash a canned tuned seemed much more convenient. Well needless to say I am glad I went with EC. Cause I do not believe anybody else would have been able to (or willing to) help me with my problem.

And most amazing of all, Jerry did not charge me for this favor. I asked him multiple times if I should pay the relfash fee but he said this 1 was "on [him]". Maybe this was my 1 free reflash that I think everybody gets (and you should not expect it to be free if you ask for this as well), but thank you Jerry and Eurocharged.

I just had to share this with you guys, Because it was bugging the sht out of me for 2 months.

Last edited by waisoserious; 11-06-2019 at 08:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
PFEAMG (11-06-2019)
Old 11-07-2019, 02:43 AM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500

From the research that I did while I was experiencing this problem myself, its basically everybody who had their car's software update these past few months. Before you guys start asking again "where [you] can get this new and amazing update" know that this is more for the modified crowd. For the owners with aftermarket, un-resonated dual midpipe exhausts. On a stock, NON-PE Exhaust the cold start might sound cool or at the very least not be irritating. But on my car, it was downright embarrassing. It was sooo loud and obnoxious. It was embarrassing for me even sitting in the car, knowing that everybody else could hear it. Way way WAY too loud and obnoxious for something that would happen every 20 mins. And yes it is 20mins. After living with this update for almost 2 months, the auto coldstart function which I thought was timed at about 45mins was actually 20mins.

Basically Jerry at Eurocharged fixed my coldstart issue. I am not a software engineer so I do not know exactly what he did or did not do, but from what I can tell, he significantly lowered the idle RPM during coldstarts. Previously my coldstarts would idle at 1500rpm but Jerry got the coldstart to idle at 600-700rpm instead. The result is my car is much much much quieter than before. So he didnt exactly write it out, but instead handicapped the coldstart. I am extremely extremely happy with the result.

Jerry did not owe me anything. I was just some random client of his that bought his V4 OBDII tune previously (which I love). The feature that I asked him to provide (coldstart delete) did not even exist at all for our platform (M276 DELA 30) so Jerry had to research it himself. It took him about a month to do on and off in his spare time. But 2 days ago he delivered. And boy did he deliver big. The coldstart is barely noticeable now. Jerry provided me with 3 maps (2 of which were STOCK) to test his new coldstart delete. Each map with a lower and lower idle. Only after I tested each map 1 at a time and OKAY each, did he give me the next map and eventually the full V4 tune with the coldstart delete.

I cannot begin to thank him enough, because I know from our email correspondance, this took up a significant portion of his free time. I initially had regrets about going with EC's OBDII Tune over a local canned tuned. I thought, why would I need to keep flashing my ECU anyways? The whole thing seemed like a hassle, especially since it requires a battery charger. Having your local shop flash a canned tuned seemed much more convenient. Well needless to say I am glad I went with EC. Cause I do not believe anybody else would have been able to (or willing to) help me with my problem.

And most amazing of all, Jerry did not charge me for this favor. I asked him multiple times if I should pay the relfash fee but he said this 1 was "on [him]". Maybe this was my 1 free reflash that I think everybody gets (and you should not expect it to be free if you ask for this as well), but thank you Jerry and Eurocharged.

I just had to share this with you guys, Because it was bugging the sht out of me for 2 months.
When the dealer did a software update, did it not delete the V4 software and or stop the maps from being uploaded from the my genius to the updated ECU?
Because MSL and Jerry said the maps wouldn't work after a dealer ECU update.
Old 11-07-2019, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by AhEmGee
When the dealer did a software update, did it not delete the V4 software and or stop the maps from being uploaded from the my genius to the updated ECU?
Because MSL and Jerry said the maps wouldn't work after a dealer ECU update.
I had never had a remap ever at that point. EC is my first remap and it was applied about a 7-8 days after I got the car back from service. I waited because I wanted the dealership to resolve the problem first. This was the period of my first 2 visits.

But I am sure that Xentry would have over written any aftermarket tune that was on my ecu, if there was one present.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190

Question - So now, how does your car start up when it is really a proper cold start, like the first start in the morning. 600-700 rpm as well? Or does this only apply to 20-45 min restarts?
Old 12-25-2019, 08:00 PM

Question - So now, how does your car start up when it is really a proper cold start, like the first start in the morning. 600-700 rpm as well? Or does this only apply to 20-45 min restarts?

600-700rpm all the time during coldstart conditions, which would be every 15mins. It is still noticeably louder than it was before, but now it is very tolerable. It behaves like a slightly more aggressive normal start (Normal Mode).
If you start the car within 15mins of parking it, it will just idle at 500rpm.

You just need to remember to let the car idle a bit during coldstart, even though the rpms are around 600-700. When it goes down to 500 the coldstart is over.

Last edited by waisoserious; 12-25-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
600-700rpm all the time during coldstart conditions, which would be every 15mins. It is still noticeably louder than it was before, but now it is very tolerable. It behaves like a slightly more aggressive normal start (Normal Mode).
If you start the car within 15mins of parking it, it will just idle at 500rpm.
What about first start in the morning?
Old 12-26-2019, 01:23 AM

What about first start in the morning?
600-700rpm.

If I want a loud start, I start it in S+. It will give me a burble start. But if I start it in C/E it is 600-700rpm.

If you start the car within 15mins of shutting off the engine, it will only rev to 500rpm. This is normal. Anything after 15mins would be a cold start, and will rev to the aforementioned 600-700rpm.

Are you thinking of having this done?
Old 12-26-2019, 05:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
600-700rpm.

If I want a loud start, I start it in S+. It will give me a burble start. But if I start it in C/E it is 600-700rpm.

If you start the car within 15mins of shutting off the engine, it will only rev to 500rpm. This is normal. Anything after 15mins would be a cold start, and will rev to the aforementioned 600-700rpm.

Are you thinking of having this done?

Yes, I am thinking of getting this done, but ideally I would want a real cold start to function as it was intended. The 15min cold start interval is pretty useless, but I would like a morning start to be normal if you know what I mean.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:26 AM

Yes, I am thinking of getting this done, but ideally I would want a real cold start to function as it was intended. The 15min cold start interval is pretty useless, but I would like a morning start to be normal if you know what I mean.
Yea i know what you mean, it took me 2 months to get this coldstart fixed.

2 months of emailing EC, Vivid Racing, Techtec, going back and forth to Benz, emailing Daimler AG, verbal sparring on mbworld with that idiot jon wu and people in our whatsapp chatgroup telling me that the coldstart issue is my own fault.

I can honestly say I am happy with the car the way is now. More happy than before cause I dont need to hear the coldstart in the morning either. But it is still loud enough that I can tell when it is over and safe for the car to drive.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C190
Ever since I had the PE exhaust fitted, the cold start is a bit of a problem to be honest, it is very loud for anyone in the vicinity of the car, and yes, it does it even if the car has stopped for only 15-20 mins.

In the mornings, rpm level aside, there is also a difference in fueling program for the first 15 or so minutes of driving, the exhaust is loud even though the PE is off. Once the car is warmed up, it is quieter. Around the time when the temp displays turn white from blue. This is not the exhaust but probably the way the injectors are run when the engine is colder.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43 AMG
I recently purchased Eurocharged tune and installed it to my 2017 C43. How can I know is it V3 or V4?
Old 12-29-2019, 03:06 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 GLC 43 Coupe
Originally Posted by matt pun
I recently purchased Eurocharged tune and installed it to my 2017 C43. How can I know is it V3 or V4?
I'm sure its the v4 but just ask them they will get back to you quick.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 c43
They can and I think it's automatic. I didn't ask for them to do it but it was not there in any of the 3 tunes I got from them.