Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
320cdi 4Matic
New car.. Mercedes Me and remote start?

Hi everyone.

I'm a proud owner of a '17 C43 AMG.

The car works great and I love the duality of the sport+ vs comfort mode.

I've been trying to find out why I can't remote start from the me app (I'm able to use other functions). So far i've concluded that it may be a US only function!?

Any easter eggs or other hidden functions to know about?
Pics: Old and new.

Thanks.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,936 Likes on 2,628 Posts
2019 C63CS
Yes, as far as I know, the remote start feature is not available in Europe due to emissions laws. Many jurisdiction actually have laws around the idling of unattended vehicles even the USA. In many US states it's technically illegal to idle an unattended car, but there can be exceptions for remote start if it implements precautions. The MB remote start implementation for example immediately shuts off the engine as soon as the car is unlocked or a door is opened. US buyers are advised to check the local laws regarding remote start, but since it's not universally illegal it's still offered on many cars here. I'm not intimately familiar with these laws, but I believe nowadays in Europe it's specifically outlawed due to emissions regulations.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:21 PM

320cdi 4Matic
Originally Posted by superswiss
Yes, as far as I know, the remote start feature is not available in Europe due to emissions laws. Many jurisdiction actually have laws around the idling of unattended vehicles even the USA. In many US states it's technically illegal to idle an unattended car, but there can be exceptions for remote start if it implements precautions. The MB remote start implementation for example immediately shuts off the engine as soon as the car is unlocked or a door is opened. US buyers are advised to check the local laws regarding remote start, but since it's not universally illegal it's still offered on many cars here. I'm not intimately familiar with these laws, but I believe nowadays in Europe it's specifically outlawed due to emissions regulations.
I understand. It makes sense, but I believe there may be other options? It's freezing cold in Norway mid-winter and it would be a great function. Webasto, Ebersprecher and Defa are costly and complicated solutions.

Old 12-18-2019, 02:09 PM

320cdi 4Matic
Originally Posted by superswiss
I understand. It makes sense, but I believe there may be other options? It's freezing cold in Norway mid-winter and it would be a great function. Webasto, Ebersprecher and Defa are costly and complicated solutions.

Old 12-18-2019, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,936 Likes on 2,628 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by C43 Northern
Some cars in Europe are available with auxiliary heaters for this purpose. Not sure if MB offers this. Maybe on some models.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:03 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
Hi C43 Northern, we don't presently have coverage for your vehicle, but it's presently in development, and we should have a solution for you in 2020.
Check out our site / products / reviews... We're proud to be the best solution out there!
Old 12-22-2019, 07:28 AM

320cdi 4Matic
Originally Posted by midcityeng
Hi C43 Northern, we don't presently have coverage for your vehicle, but it's presently in development, and we should have a solution for you in 2020.
Check out our site / products / reviews... We're proud to be the best solution out there!

Seems like your product is just what I need. Does it void warranty in any way? How is it wired?

thank you,
A
Old 12-23-2019, 12:51 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
Seems like your product is just what I need. Does it void warranty in any way? How is it wired?

thank you,
A
We design our products to not void your vehicle's warranty, but as a matter of fact, there is a piece of federal legislation in place called the Magnusson-Moss Act, which protects your right as a consumer to add whatever aftermarket product to your vehicle that you like, and it's actually incorrect for any dealerships to tell you otherwise. In a scenario where a warranty claim is contested by the automaker, the burden of proof is on them to prove that whatever product that was installed caused irreparable damage to the vehicle's system, and only then would they be able to refuse warranty coverage of whatever part of the vehicle was affected (not the entire vehicle).

We won't have wiring specifics available for this product until its development is completed, but like our other products, it will be harnessing using factory connectors, with no cutting or splicing of wires.
Please stay tuned in the coming first quarter of 2020!