Sponsored by:

2020 C43 just sold..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 12:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43
2020 C43 just sold..

Just sold my 2020 C43 sedan and listed two NEW items in the MARKETPLACE...WEATHERTECH trunk liner and factory jack kit...just wanted to bring these items to the attention of C43 guys should have need either...thank you.
Old 02-14-2020, 04:56 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C43 Sedan
Why did you sell so fast?
The following 2 users liked this post by AZFTW:
1mic (02-14-2020), Adi-Benz (02-16-2020)
Old 02-14-2020, 06:37 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
2020 C43
Originally Posted by amgmacc43
Just sold my 2020 C43 sedan and listed two NEW items in the MARKETPLACE...WEATHERTECH trunk liner and factory jack kit...just wanted to bring these items to the attention of C43 guys should have need either...thank you.
Ill take the weathertech for 75 shipped. PM me of your okay with that. Shipping to NJ.
Old 02-14-2020, 11:38 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
searching for a c43 sedan
I just looked at a 440i gran coupe today and was completely turned off on how ****ty the leather looked, i think it was synthetic leather. also no remote start. that kills it for me. c43 or bust!!!
Old 02-15-2020, 10:06 AM

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by 1mic
I just looked at a 440i gran coupe today and was completely turned off on how ****ty the leather looked, i think it was synthetic leather. also no remote start. that kills it for me. c43 or bust!!!
I looked at an M340i and decided to go with the C43 for much of the same reasons.
Old 02-15-2020, 02:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by batman719
I looked at an M340i and decided to go with the C43 for much of the same reasons.
Same. I test drove a 2020 M340i immediately after my 2019 C43. I will say that the BMW was VERY comfortable in comfort mode, whereas the Benz is much harsher all around.. But the interior of the BMW, while updated with the new UI and digital cockpit system just didn't make me think premium like the C43.
I also really like the exterior of the C43 more than the M340i. The BMW just seemed far too reserved and "rich mom sedan" like, whereas the AMG coupe gets looks while driving around town.

BMW is pretty sweet though by offering free scheduled service for the first 30k or 50k (i forget.) I'm definitely not going to be too happy when I head to Mercedes for my first 10k service..but the smiles this car gives me is totally worth it!
The following users liked this post:
jevsays (05-06-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 08:06 PM

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
nothing
Nothing against the OP and it is not of my business why he sold his car but how much loss do people take when do something like this and how do they justify it? Considering the huge drop off once it becomes used, merely buying a brand new luxury car is a very aggressive purchase let alone selling it so fast.

Old 02-15-2020, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by AMGiggity
Nothing against the OP and it is not of my business why he sold his car but how much loss do people take when do something like this and how do they justify it? Considering the huge drop off once it becomes used, merely buying a brand new luxury car is a very aggressive purchase let alone selling it so fast.
Yeah, the very reason I am stuck with my 2019 until it makes sense to sell it. I knew I made the wrong decision the first week of ownership, but I have to I’ve with my decision for a while. The loss is huge selling it so soon.
gcurnew (02-19-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 08:39 PM

2020 C43
Originally Posted by TModelle
Yeah, the very reason I am stuck with my 2019 until it makes sense to sell it. I knew I made the wrong decision the first week of ownership, but I have to I’ve with my decision for a while. The loss is huge selling it so soon.
Just curious why do you regret buying? I did extensive research between the 2020 C43 sedan i just purchased against the S4 and M340i, and this seemed to be the best for me overall. I was looking for that raw true sports sedan experience and this seems to be it. Previously came from the BMW community.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Probably better not to get into that discussion, I’ve been berated more than once by C43 fanboys with the mere mention of some of the factors. However, I know I would have been better off with an RS5 Sportback or CLA45S (which is actually about the same size as the aging W205), or a pre-owned C63.
The following 2 users liked this post by TModelle:
gcurnew (02-19-2020), JMFW (11-11-2020)
Old 02-15-2020, 09:02 PM

2020 C43
Probably better not to get into that discussion, I’ve been berated more than once by C43 fanboys with the mere mention of some of the factors. However, I know I would have been better off with an RS5 Sportback or CLA45S (which is actually about the same size as the aging W205), or a pre-owned C63.
The 2020 CLA45s looks amazing. Ill prob swap my lease out on my C43 in 2 years and look into one of those. I only am paying 525 a month. Got a crazy deal.
Old 02-15-2020, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by AMGiggity
Honestly if one truly doesn't like the car then why stick with it? At some point one has to admit that they made a mistake and cut their losses. Goes for many other things in life. I would say, though, some people need to do their homework and due diligence better before buying a car unless they have the financial means to just try something and sell it again if they don't like it.
Old 02-16-2020, 03:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by superswiss
Honestly if one truly doesn't like the car then why stick with it? At some point one has to admit that they made a mistake and cut their losses. Goes for many other things in life. I would say, though, some people need to do their homework and due diligence better before buying a car unless they have the financial means to just try something and sell it again if they don't like it.
I'm the OP and your response is spot on in my case. I previously owned a 2013 and then 2016 Audi S4 which I frankly adored as my daily drivers. I drove a 2019 C43 sedan several times that my dealer had in stock this past summer and then ordered one they way I wanted in July and it took until the first week in November to get it. It is indeed a great car and I drove it for 3 months and 5K miles. No point in explaining dislikes that put me back in an S4 as they are subjective and everyone of us has their likes and dislikes and wants different things in a car. When I drove an S4 again last week it was 'home' for me. So, as you say, with the financial means to do so I let it go. Enjoy your car guys...that's what it is all about.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43 cabrio
I'm the OP and your response is spot on in my case. I previously owned a 2013 and then 2016 Audi S4 which I frankly adored as my daily drivers. I drove a 2019 C43 sedan several times that my dealer had in stock this past summer and then ordered one they way I wanted in July and it took until the first week in November to get it. It is indeed a great car and I drove it for 3 months and 5K miles. No point in explaining dislikes that put me back in an S4 as they are subjective and everyone of us has their likes and dislikes and wants different things in a car. When I drove an S4 again last week it was 'home' for me. So, as you say, with the financial means to do so I let it go. Enjoy your car guys...that's what it is all about.
Respectable response.

Came from a 440i xdrive gran coupe. Fun fast but lacking in my opinion. Sold it after a year. My wife and I are very happy with the c43 cab.

Just make sure you purchase it less than the msrp and when you sell you get as much as you can for the same vehicle.

These are all not practical cars. These are more emotional purchases. OP is right, enjoy the car!
Old 02-17-2020, 02:32 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
C43
Fully respect your decision. If I were choosing a daily commute my choice would be a S4 or M340i. One must go into the C43 understanding the harder edge this car has relative to the others. That said, I am prepared to deal with the stiff springing and the overly aggressive transmission.when in the lower gears, I changed over my 19" runflats to AS3+ Michelins.and that helped with the ride, however, it still does not match the ride of the others.My fix for the transmission is to drive in manual mode when driving around town. That said, my wife and I think the car is a capable cross-country car for the backroads of America. It offers up 85% of the enjoyment we experience with our Porsche Boxster S.

Enjoy the new Audi, it has a more compliant ride along with a very smooth transmission and controls.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:50 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C43 AMG
I have 18 months left on lease and im getting M2 Competition
Old 02-17-2020, 11:16 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Steelguin
I have 18 months left on lease and im getting M2 Competition
Was definitely on the table for me as well.. But then I would be a BMW driver..
jevsays (05-06-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 12:05 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by W205_AMG
Was definitely on the table for me as well.. But then I would be a BMW driver..
Hmmm what do you think of the CLA 45s or A 45s and the........... supra?
Old 02-18-2020, 02:32 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Hmmm what do you think of the CLA 45s or A 45s and the........... supra?
A45s would be my first choice, except it can't be because I'm a crappy American. CLA 45 is cool too. The CLA's also have their own daily driver issues. I'd watch those "10 things I hate about my..." videos on YouTube. They tend to highlight the little things all cars have that you're going to continue to notice on a daily basis and will start driving you mad if you can't deal with them.

The Supra was another one I was considering. In my opinion its a fantastic car but personally I'm not huge on the styling and some other aspects. Definitely a good option if you're into tuning though. The A45s, on the other hand, I'd be wary to even look at that engine for fear it'll explode. It's a miracle piece of technology pumping that much HP out of those cylinders and I wouldn't touch it. People do though.

I got lucky I guess with the C43. It's "home" for me as the S4 is for the guy above.
Old 02-18-2020, 03:54 PM

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
C43
DId you go back to a B9? I currently have a 2020 C43 and a 2018 S5 Sportback in my garage. There are certain things I like about the Audi and there are certain things I prefer on the MB. Either way, the S4 is a nice car. Enjoy it!
Old 02-18-2020, 07:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Charles T
A45s would be my first choice, except it can't be because I'm a crappy American. CLA 45 is cool too. The CLA's also have their own daily driver issues. I'd watch those "10 things I hate about my..." videos on YouTube. They tend to highlight the little things all cars have that you're going to continue to notice on a daily basis and will start driving you mad if you can't deal with them.

The Supra was another one I was considering. In my opinion its a fantastic car but personally I'm not huge on the styling and some other aspects. Definitely a good option if you're into tuning though. The A45s, on the other hand, I'd be wary to even look at that engine for fear it'll explode. It's a miracle piece of technology pumping that much HP out of those cylinders and I wouldn't touch it. People do though.

I got lucky I guess with the C43. It's "home" for me as the S4 is for the guy above.
Belonging in the Great White North just beside your border gets the same treatment. No 45s models. Same as you guys, we get CLA 35, CLA 45 (C118) and A 35
Don't understand the decision behind this for the North American continent.

What was the difference between the 45 and 45s again? Other than the horsepower difference? Can't find a direct comparison of the 45 vs 45s.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Belonging in the Great White North just beside your border gets the same treatment. No 45s models. Same as you guys, we get CLA 35, CLA 45 (C118) and A 35
Don't understand the decision behind this for the North American continent.

What was the difference between the 45 and 45s again? Other than the horsepower difference? Can't find a direct comparison of the 45 vs 45s.
Bigger brakes, Race and Drift modes. Usually the S models have more standard options and some options have a smaller incremental cost than on the non S models.
Old 02-20-2020, 12:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by W205_AMG
Same. I test drove a 2020 M340i immediately after my 2019 C43. I will say that the BMW was VERY comfortable in comfort mode, whereas the Benz is much harsher all around.. But the interior of the BMW, while updated with the new UI and digital cockpit system just didn't make me think premium like the C43....
I guess me too I totally get the appeal of the others. I was long time driver of many BMW's, a couple Jaguars, and 1 other MB. I had written off the C43 after reading various reviews but thankfully I gave it a few chances, and found it happened to match exactly what I wanted in terms of size, driving position, and feel. M340 has grown a bit too big for what I wanted. While the interior is improved (and great tech), some of the cheap bits come through more than ever. I admit I was afraid the C43 might prove to be a beauty-is-skin-deep situation (like the Jaguars I briefly had), but I've grown to like and appreciate it a lot.

The Audi S4 and S5, when I drove them, are quite nice, and had distinctly Audi feel. Doesn't particularly resonate with me as much, but being so distinct, I can totally understand why folks who feel at home in them tend to stay in that lane. While I have been heavy on the BMWs, I actually feel the C43 out-BMW's BMW So in some ways, I actually feel back at home... so I totally get it. And when it's not right, it nags at you every day, every minute.

Someone made comment/question about how much of a hit does one take on short turn-around:
I've flipped cars within very short time frame several times. Depends on the deal you get, where you are with respect to the current model year, what the market's like for the car, etc. Sometimes it's eye-popping expensive, sometimes not. If OP picked up 2020 in Nov '19, if got a good deal, might not be as bad as you might think. I did something similar in 2012; picked up a MY'13 at end of 2012, dumped it about 4-5 months later, so it sold as a MY13 early in '13. Hit wasn't trivial, but it wasn't horrendous. (I supposed depends on your threshold). Conversely I picked up a new prior-MY18 at "big discount" at beginning of '19. Sold 13 months later (to get this C43, in fact). Even with a little over a year of pay down, with "big discount" (not enough in retrospect) up front, the 2 model-years worth of depreciation weighing it down had me massively upside down... so it sort of depends on a number of factors.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
searching for a c43 sedan
If ride quality is on the firm side, try switching to michelin pilot sport or ps4s tires. Yes they're expensive but worth it going from crappy run flats.

Also, when I get mine I'm looking for stock 18" wheels. If they come with 19s ill sell them on here or craigslist for a set of 18s. I'm done with the big wheel game, had big wheels on my mustang and viper. Ride quality worsened each time. I aint messing with bigger diameter wheels my 3rd time around.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by 1mic
If ride quality is on the firm side, try switching to michelin pilot sport or ps4s tires. Yes they're expensive but worth it going from crappy run flats..
I would actually say forget the PSS and go straight to the PS4S. The PS4S is currently leading the UHP pack in daily ride comfort, by a noticeable margin. I just put a set on my '19 C63S coupe, replacing the stock PSS and the difference is night and day. The PSS tended to crash over road bumps to the point where I sometimes had to cringe and it actually ended up knocking my alignment out of spec in the front, but the PS4S just absorbs the bumps and works perfectly with the adaptive damping. I've only had the PS4S for 2 weeks, but it literally feels like all the roads got repaved around here over night. I've had the PSS followed by the PS4S on my previous car, but for some reason the difference in ride comfort wasn't as obvious as on the C63S. I'm very pleased and I'm newly in love with my car.

Last edited by superswiss; 02-20-2020 at 02:15 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2020 C43 just sold..