Sponsored by:

My 2020 C43 Coupe Landed at Baltimore VPC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 11:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C43 AMG Coupe
My 2020 C43 Coupe Landed at Baltimore VPC

I just heard from my salesman that my 2020 C43 Coupe is now at the VPC in Baltimore after being unloaded from the ship from Bremen, Germany. In these crazy times I am very excited about taking delivery of the car I ordered in December, especially since I went a little overboard on options.

Hopefully the car won't get hung up in customs and there is staff to prep the car.at the VPC. Of course then there is the issue of getting it to the Chicago area. Any thoughts?
The following users liked this post:
AMGiggity (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 983 Posts
No more MB:(
Congrats on the incoming. I would just be patient, the world is upside down. There are more pressing things, people are dying. Post pics when you get it.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:55 AM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Congrats on the car. I know everyone’s financial situation is different. Does it concern you to be picking up a new car during these times of uncertainty? I only ask because I just picked up my 2020 c43 less than a month ago and I have another car being built for my wife and w Pandemic state we are in now I have been debating if I should even accept delivery of another new car.
Old 03-28-2020, 10:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by ntwillie1
Congrats on the car. I know everyone’s financial situation is different. Does it concern you to be picking up a new car during these times of uncertainty? I only ask because I just picked up my 2020 c43 less than a month ago and I have another car being built for my wife and w Pandemic state we are in now I have been debating if I should even accept delivery of another new car.
I don't think the pandemic should be an obstacle of us enjoying ours cars. Just drive around the canyons and enjoy your hard earned achievement you don't have to get out of the car after all so it shouldn't be an issue.
Only issue I see is fuelling up around people.
As for the delivery, up to you really, It will be delayed for sure.
@zibby43 Sorry for tagging you man, just curious how much fun have you been having with yours?
Old 03-28-2020, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 97 Likes on 82 Posts
'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I don't think the pandemic should be an obstacle of us enjoying ours cars. Just drive around the canyons and enjoy your hard earned achievement you don't have to get out of the car after all so it shouldn't be an issue.
Only issue I see is fuelling up around people.
As for the delivery, up to you really, It will be delayed for sure.
@zibby43 Sorry for tagging you man, just curious how much fun have you been having with yours?
Hey man, it's been fantastic thus far - thank you for asking! I think my old '18 was built on a day where all the factory workers in Alabama were hungover, because my '20 (which was built in East London, South Africa) is better in every single respect.

On the new car, the body panels are aligned better and the panel gaps are tighter/more consistent, the paint is in better condition with less blemishes, the doors and switches have better tactile/audible feedback, the leather is softer/more supple, less creaks and rattles from the center console, no rusty/corroded brake hardware, etc.

I only wish I was driving more - the weather here has been pretty brutally bad, and I'm working from home during the lockdown.

How has your car been treating you?
Old 03-28-2020, 04:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by zibby43
Hey man, it's been fantastic thus far - thank you for asking! I think my old '18 was built on a day where all the factory workers in Alabama were hungover, because my '20 (which was built in East London, South Africa) is better in every single respect.

On the new car, the body panels are aligned better and the panel gaps are tighter/more consistent, the paint is in better condition with less blemishes, the doors and switches have better tactile/audible feedback, the leather is softer/more supple, less creaks and rattles from the center console, no rusty/corroded brake hardware, etc.

I only wish I was driving more - the weather here has been pretty brutally bad, and I'm working from home during the lockdown.

How has your car been treating you?
Car's been great as it always been except for those issues that I can't address until I swap the tires and dealerships open again.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new C43!!! Afterall spending all that money you want to enjoy it.
Are you hitting the canyons soon to enjoy it?
Mines also built in Alabama as you know and having the same issues, whatever issue you have with your previous C43 seems to be happening to mine plus additional isolated issues I have with mine like rattling passenger headrest, that acceleration sound I noted on the "Unexpected noise when gently applying throttle" thread another member posted and other issues as well.
Take care buddy and keep on enjoying your car!

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 03-28-2020 at 04:39 PM.
zibby43 (03-28-2020)
Old 03-28-2020, 06:05 PM

2020 C43 AMG Coupe
I am not apprehensive of picking up my C43. The lease on my Infiniti Q60 Red Sport is up in five weeks, so I really don't have a choice.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Car's been great as it always been except for those issues that I can't address until I swap the tires and dealerships open again.
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new C43!!! Afterall spending all that money you want to enjoy it.
Are you hitting the canyons soon to enjoy it?
Mines also built in Alabama as you know and having the same issues, whatever issue you have with your previous C43 seems to be happening to mine plus additional isolated issues I have with mine like rattling passenger headrest, that acceleration sound I noted on the "Unexpected noise when gently applying throttle" thread another member posted and other issues as well.
Take care buddy and keep on enjoying your car!
I'm also glad lol. Thank you! No canyons where I live - just city streets and flat farmland for miles and miles.

Hopefully things return to normal ASAP so you get the tires fitted and rectify those remaining issues. Stay safe and stay healthy!
Old 04-01-2020, 07:53 PM

Received 176 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 GLC 63
Originally Posted by Loibs
Hopefully the car won't get hung up in customs and there is staff to prep the car.at the VPC. Of course then there is the issue of getting it to the Chicago area. Any thoughts?
From what I understand, VPC is closed. They are just unloading the cars and storing them at port.
Old 04-01-2020, 09:22 PM

2020 C43 AMG Coupe
Ouch. I will leave a message for my salesman to check on the status. I do have 35 days until my current lease expires.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:15 AM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
I am not apprehensive of picking up my C43. The lease on my Infiniti Q60 Red Sport is up in five weeks, so I really don't have a choice.
yeah. In your case it makes sense if you need a car and already ordered. Good luck and I hope you get yours in time. If not then maybe Mb can give you a loaner or Infiniti can extend your lease month to month. I am hoping mine gets delayed a few months. It’s getting built overseas as per my sales guy.
Old 04-10-2020, 11:44 AM

2020 C43 AMG Coupe
The VPC is fully operational. I just heard from my salesman. My 2020 C43 Coupe has passed inspection at the VPC and is currently in route to the dealership. Expected arrival is Monday. I just received the paperwork yesterday from Infiniti Finance extending my current lease to a month-to-month. No need for that now. I am almost uncomfortable taking delivery of my new car during these times, but I am so excited and thinking of the car and watching every UTube video on it has helped get me through the current stay at home order in Illinois and working from home. I do drive to and from my office twice a day to pickup and drop off work and to confer with my staff.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:14 PM

Received 176 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 GLC 63
VPC closed for a few days (assuming to sanitize) and opened back today. Port is overflowing with cars, they needed to make room.
Old 04-10-2020, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'20 GLC300 SUV
The VPC is fully operational. I just heard from my salesman. My 2020 C43 Coupe has passed inspection at the VPC and is currently in route to the dealership. Expected arrival is Monday. I just received the paperwork yesterday from Infiniti Finance extending my current lease to a month-to-month. No need for that now. I am almost uncomfortable taking delivery of my new car during these times, but I am so excited and thinking of the car and watching every UTube video on it has helped get me through the current stay at home order in Illinois and working from home. I do drive to and from my office twice a day to pickup and drop off work and to confer with my staff.
I understand where you're coming from, as you are just respecting the serious nature of this tragedy as it is unfolding.

While that is admirable, on the flip side, you still have to enjoy your life as much as possible and inject some joy and optimism into these dark times. Taking delivery of a car is a safe way to experience that enjoyment, as you will be able to isolate yourself inside it.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:52 PM

2020 C43 AMG Coupe
I picked up my car 10 days ago. I could not be happier with it.

2020 C43 AMG Coupe "Loaded"

DVision44 (04-28-2020)
Old 04-28-2020, 02:04 AM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Looks great! Congrats! Stay safe and stay healthy!