Buying a C43 cabriolet?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedez-Benz GLC
Buying a C43 cabriolet?

Hi!

I'm a newbie to the group and thinking about buying a C43 cabriolet used. Looking at low mileage 2016-2018 models. Ideally I'd want a white one with the red top, Burmeister etc. What things would you consider when buying it and any extras that you'd definetely include? Any thoughts on the mileage and upcoming services etc.?

Thanks guys!
JJ
The following users liked this post:
PFEAMG (04-29-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 10:24 AM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
The performance exhaust is the only mandatory option in my opinion.
The following 2 users liked this post by C43HeartBoost:
MBJJ (04-30-2020), PFEAMG (04-29-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
The performance exhaust is the only mandatory option in my opinion.
Personally, if I were getting a cabriolet I’d get the non PE cos it would be quieter and to me more befitting of a cabriolet. But that’s just me.
MBJJ (04-30-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 12:36 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2022 E450 Cabriolet
C43 cabriolet is a fantastic car - I went with Brilliant Blue with Black top and Cranberry leather but with any colour combo you cant go wrong
As has been mentioned over and over again in these forums the Performance Exhaust ( PE ) is an essential option and totally transforms the car . With the simple push of an on /off button the sound goes from the relatively quiet sound of a non PE car to a fire breathing beast .
The only other important option I would recommend would be the Premium Package ( Keyless GO etc )
In 2 years I've had zero problems with this car
The following 2 users liked this post by splunge:
MBJJ (04-30-2020), PFEAMG (04-29-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 01:48 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe
I agree with Splunge and others here. The PE is a must have... at least it was for me. It changes the entire character of the car and just sounds great imo. BUT, as you can see it is not for everyone. I would recommend test driving one with and with out the PE if possible.

I don't have a cabriolet, but I also have Brilliant Blue with the Cranberry red leather/carbon fiber console and looks awesome to me...but color combos are of course subjective. The only option I somewhat regret not getting is the 360 camera which comes with the park assist which I don't need. So I opted not getting it because of that...but wish I had that camera.

Otherwise I agree it is a fantastic car and I'm very happy with it. I've also have had zero issues with it but I have only had it since July 1st last year.
MBJJ (04-30-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 04:17 PM

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
nothing
PE is a very popular option but not everyone has the same taste so make sure you really want it. I test drove a sedan with PE and it was REALLY loud so it'll probably be even louder in a convertible.
The following 2 users liked this post by AMGiggity:
MBJJ (04-30-2020), PFEAMG (04-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 01:51 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2022 E450 Cabriolet
I guess my main point with the PE is that it gives the driver the choice at any time whether to use it or not . Given that most owners love it I would think it's a good investment in the long term even if it's rarely used simply because of resale advantages .
PFEAMG - in Canada the 360 deg camera came as part of a package which I ordered , but to be honest I hardly use it , if that makes you feel better !
Yes I agonised for months on the red /blue colour combo , especially for a convertible , but I really wanted both colours and took the chance . Fortunately it turned out well for me and I'm very happy .
PFEAMG (04-30-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 03:23 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 C43 AMG Coupe
Thanks man, yeah makes me feel a little better LOL. And I'm with you on the color combo. I did see the red leather in another car (black exterior) but I didn't see it with the blue. In fact I didn't see BB in person at all before ordering, just pictures/videos etc...yikes! So really rolled the dice a bit there. But so glad I did as I think it looks fantastic...but that's me.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 c43 cabriolet
Originally Posted by MBJJ
Hi!

I'm a newbie to the group and thinking about buying a C43 cabriolet used. Looking at low mileage 2016-2018 models. Ideally I'd want a white one with the red top, Burmeister etc. What things would you consider when buying it and any extras that you'd definetely include? Any thoughts on the mileage and upcoming services etc.?

Thanks guys!
JJ
I just purchased a 2017 C43 cabriolet about 2 weeks ago. Only had 24k miles on it. Mine is white w/ red interior. Black roof. I would have loved the red roof, but when buying used it's hard to get exactly what you want. If I had my choice I'd get silver with red interior or blue with saddle brown. I do love the red interior and wasn't sure about it as some red interiors are too bright. Mercedes red leather is a bit more brownish and looks great. Also like that the red is limited and not on the dash -- just a good balance. Even my wife loves it and she didn't want red. The car is amazing. Absolute dream car for me and I love it. Definitely get the upgraded stereo. It's not the best sound system in the world but it is so much better than the regular and even more important in the cabrio because when the roof is down you'll lose some bass. I tested one with the stock system and to me I couldn't even listen to music with the top down because it sounded like an old clock radio. I would also get the performance exhaust if possible. The previous owner of mine removed the mufflers and resonators and replaced with straight pipe. It absolutely howls! Even under modest acceleration people turn heads and tell me to slow down even though I'm not speeding. Sounds fantastic around town. However, I am probably going to do something to change this as it also is annoying on the freeway between 70-80 mph. Too much drone and vibration. If I had the performance exhaust I would be happy and unfortunately you can't really add it after the fact. One other cool option to look for, which most should have, is keyless go. The main reason is that you can lower and raise the roof from the fob. At least I think this is due to having keyless go, not sure if its available without it. You'll know if you have keyless go if you have push button start. One that I tested didn't have it. I didn't even know I could do this until a few days ago and I love being able to let my kids out of the back and then raise the roof. Anyway, you'll love the car.
PFEAMG (05-01-2020)