Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C43 Upgraded Intercooler by Wagner Tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 10:37 PM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 c43 amg
I would be interested in a group buy spot for the inter-cooler. I do have some questions. What are the tools required to actually do the install? Also do you have to drain out the whole system to install? Does the kit come with directions? Thank you for your time.
Old 08-19-2020, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by hc_416
I would be interested in a group buy spot for the inter-cooler. I do have some questions. What are the tools required to actually do the install? Also do you have to drain out the whole system to install? Does the kit come with directions? Thank you for your time.
basic hand tools and shop tools. some special tools like ratched box wrench can makes things easier. Its a medium level of difficulty. The charge pipe bolts are the hardest part. You do not need to remove the bumper. And youll need a coolant refill purge tool. I used the one from ECS tuning for $75 hooked up to my air compressor. Yes the coolant system needs to be drained and refilled.

Yes it will come with instructions, but i installed without instructions.

They dont tell you to remove main engine radiator, but I did and it was much easier.

The following users liked this post:
Black43 (04-21-2021)
Old 08-20-2020, 04:57 PM

2017 c43 amg
What is the timeliness for the group buy? Also any check engine lights because more air/boost?

TE=Star4life;8137093]basic hand tools and shop tools. some special tools like ratched box wrench can makes things easier. Its a medium level of difficulty. The charge pipe bolts are the hardest part. You do not need to remove the bumper. And youll need a coolant refill purge tool. I used the one from ECS tuning for $75 hooked up to my air compressor. Yes the coolant system needs to be drained and refilled.

Yes it will come with instructions, but i installed without instructions.

They dont tell you to remove main engine radiator, but I did and it was much easier.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-21-2020, 01:38 AM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Star4life
hey guys

Sorry I missed all the replies. I will give an update and try to keep it as short as possible.

First off. The performance of this intercooler is amazing. The IAT stays very flat and even goes down for a gear on some runs, holds pretty well throughout the pull. it has been tested extensively by myself. Combined with larger surface area intakes, this motor will be moving much more air through it. I was able to constantly hold 2 PSI of boost more throughout pulls once the intake and intercooler are added. Boost isnt everything but getting air in and out of the engine is. I have recently upgraded and fueling system and am working on the high pressure side now. Things are about to get interesting and the extra air this intercooler allows us to move in will help.

Keep in mind, this total cost includes an Air to water intercooler, charge pipes, all hardware. You need nothing else to install. This adds to the costs vs an air to air intercooler. Also, this comes with larger diameter charge pipes as well. I do not think the price is too outrageous for what you are getting. Most intercoolers for BMW run $800-1200 and charge pipes another $400 or more. This intercooler is in the ball park especially once you see the quality of the kit.

Yes I am a dealer for wagner. i am not a sponsor on this website so I am not allowed to advertise. hopefully this post doesnt go too far. I have offered the group buy to our C43 tuning group in whats app and if anyone on here wants in just pm me and i will give you contact info. The price will be worth it considering what MAP is. We are not giving them away but it will be worth it to reach out

Pricing can not be shared on internet per Wagner dealer rules.

In addition, the WMI ports versions are delayed due to incorrect location. There was miscommunication between Wagner and myself and i guess it was not realized that there is not enough room between the engine fan and meth ports to fit nozzles and hose. The german english barrier and different time zones is not easy on communication. We do not have an ETA at this time because a new solution has not been figured out. So if you want the WMI ports, you will need to wait. Alternatively, if you know a fab guy, you can just weld bungs on the charge pipes like everyone else has in the past.

Finally, these intercoolers are not being mass produced where everyone can get one right away. At this time, I only know of 10-15 units being shipped to Wagner USA of which I have pre ordered 10 of them. I would assume the other 5 are already accounted for by a few other distributors. Individuals can not buy from Wagner direct. They will be directed to a dealer. I am not sure when more are due in. But these first units are scheduled to ship to USA in a week or 2.

If anyone wants to get in on one of the first 10, pm me. i only have a few slots left. They are not being given away, but it will be worth your time We will only have the intercoolers WITHOUT WMI nozzle ports/bungs for the time being.

Once you see what i have coming for our fueling systems, you may rethink your need for meth.
PM'd you
Old 08-21-2020, 01:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG
hey guys

Sorry I missed all the replies. I will give an update and try to keep it as short as possible.

First off. The performance of this intercooler is amazing. The IAT stays very flat and even goes down for a gear on some runs, holds pretty well throughout the pull. it has been tested extensively by myself. Combined with larger surface area intakes, this motor will be moving much more air through it. I was able to constantly hold 2 PSI of boost more throughout pulls once the intake and intercooler are added. Boost isnt everything but getting air in and out of the engine is. I have recently upgraded and fueling system and am working on the high pressure side now. Things are about to get interesting and the extra air this intercooler allows us to move in will help.

Keep in mind, this total cost includes an Air to water intercooler, charge pipes, all hardware. You need nothing else to install. This adds to the costs vs an air to air intercooler. Also, this comes with larger diameter charge pipes as well. I do not think the price is too outrageous for what you are getting. Most intercoolers for BMW run $800-1200 and charge pipes another $400 or more. This intercooler is in the ball park especially once you see the quality of the kit.

Yes I am a dealer for wagner. i am not a sponsor on this website so I am not allowed to advertise. hopefully this post doesnt go too far. I have offered the group buy to our C43 tuning group in whats app and if anyone on here wants in just pm me and i will give you contact info. The price will be worth it considering what MAP is. We are not giving them away but it will be worth it to reach out

In addition, the WMI ports versions are delayed due to incorrect location. There was miscommunication between Wagner and myself and i guess it was not realized that there is not enough room between the engine fan and meth ports to fit nozzles and hose. The german english barrier and different time zones is not easy on communication. We do not have an ETA at this time because a new solution has not been figured out. So if you want the WMI ports, you will need to wait. Alternatively, if you know a fab guy, you can just weld bungs on the charge pipes like everyone else has in the past.

Finally, these intercoolers are not being mass produced where everyone can get one right away. At this time, I only know of 10-15 units being shipped to Wagner USA of which I have pre ordered 10 of them. I would assume the other 5 are already accounted for by a few other distributors. Individuals can not buy from Wagner direct. They will be directed to a dealer. I am not sure when more are due in. But these first units are scheduled to ship to USA in a week or 2.

If anyone wants to get in on one of the first 10, pm me. i only have a few slots left. They are not being given away, but it will be worth your time We will only have the intercoolers WITHOUT WMI nozzle ports/bungs for the time being.

Once you see what i have coming for our fueling systems, you may rethink your need for meth.
PM’d you
Old 08-22-2020, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
replied to all PMS!
Old 08-22-2020, 10:45 AM

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts
C450,GLC 63,VW GTI
pm'ed.

Old 08-22-2020, 12:08 PM

Received 309 Likes on 235 Posts
C43
PM’d too
Old 08-24-2020, 09:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
all replied. link to buy for group is active. discount applied in cart!

http://martintuning.com/intercooler-...43amg3-0lw205/
Old 08-24-2020, 10:22 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2019 C43 Coupe (W205)
Just wanted to thank @Star4Life ( martintuning.com ) as I placed my order for a bunch of items and wanted to specifically mention I ordered the IC. I did get the discount as its setup to apply it upon ordering. I am super excited as I am looking to unleash more power/torque and this will be a great help to achieve this. I am a 2019 as well for anyone interested in knowing who is going all in with a 2019 or newer.
sbradleyhall (02-26-2021)
Old 08-24-2020, 12:22 PM

2017 c43 amg
what does the mechanical discharge mean? You guys have it listed as a advantage.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by hc_416
what does the mechanical discharge mean? You guys have it listed as a advantage.
the product spec came from Wagner and originally was in German. It is a rough translation. But essentially it means there is better flow through the intercooler due to larger charge piping and less restriction within the intercooler so the Turbos are more free flowing essentially. Not trying to push a bunch or air through a straw. I am not a fluid dynamics expert but there is less mechanical loss due to less friction and resistance.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:19 AM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
2017 AMG C43, AWE Touring, BMC Air Filters- 2015 BMW X3 3.5i (JB1 Equipped)
So there has been no posted HP gains or charge temp decrease as of yet? For that price and installation work the gains seem neglidgeable?
Old 08-28-2020, 07:44 AM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
Originally Posted by Lazz83
So there has been no posted HP gains or charge temp decrease as of yet? For that price and installation work the gains seem neglidgeable?
all the stats are on their website.
It is about 3 x the volume of the stock cooler which is massive.
An upgraded chargecooler on its own will not give a massive power increase. Their purpose is to keep IATs down to prevent heat soak so you can make peak power consistently for longer and not just for 1- 2 runs.
i have done many dragy runs and the after 3 runs the 100-200kph and 1/4 are always slower.
when WOT on track or extended hard long drives you will notice less or no drop off in power.
i am currently having this issue on my high boost map.
You can also run higher boost than previously with a better cooler.
Lazz83 (08-29-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 09:25 AM

Received 181 Likes on 72 Posts
2016 Mercedes C450AMG sedan
the product spec came from Wagner and originally was in German. It is a rough translation. But essentially it means there is better flow through the intercooler due to larger charge piping and less restriction within the intercooler so the Turbos are more free flowing essentially. Not trying to push a bunch or air through a straw. I am not a fluid dynamics expert but there is less mechanical loss due to less friction and resistance.
Boy, late to this thread.
Been watching this for my project as well. Just PM’d you my friend. Thanks for all that you do for the group.
Old 09-21-2020, 04:48 PM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500

Had mine fitted last week.
On the 6th Gear dyno pull IAT only rose by less than 9C.
It maintains smooth power/ boost right to the redline.
re Dyno I may be running the wrong map currently as it was abit spiky at the top end on before run , I had a revised map which smoothed this out but may have loaded the older map by accident.
It now makes a steady 390-401 whp from about 5200 all the way to 6.3 RPM, and mid range torque curve is fatter.
We only had time for 2 dyno runs but a 3rd after more adaptation would've been slightly stronger I'm sure.
That night I did some testing and immediately got new bests for 1/8, 1/4 mile and 100-200kph which were signifanctly faster.
With less headwind it would break into 11.6s which is amazing for an Estate / Wagon , which is not only heavier but less aerodynamic. ( cD 0.32 vs 0.24 for the Saloon)
Bear in mind the car has stock cats and intake and is a 2019 facelift.
Subjectively it feels much stronger about 4.5- redline and when WOT in the higher gears. It keeps pulling strong instead of starting to feel like its loosing abit of boost/ getting warm.

Last edited by AhEmGee; 09-21-2020 at 04:52 PM.
The following 9 users liked this post by AhEmGee:
b6tbfmp (09-21-2020), c43PDX (09-22-2020), Hrd_workin (11-04-2020), jevsays (09-21-2020), sbradleyhall (02-26-2021), SilverBullet18 (09-21-2020), Trekt43 (09-22-2020), TWINTURBOS (09-21-2020), xX G Xx (09-24-2020) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-21-2020, 11:10 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 c450
Originally Posted by AhEmGee

Had mine fitted last week.
On the 6th Gear dyno pull IAT only rose by less than 9C.
It maintains smooth power/ boost right to the redline.
re Dyno I may be running the wrong map currently as it was abit spiky at the top end on before run , I had a revised map which smoothed this out but may have loaded the older map by accident.
It now makes a steady 390-401 whp from about 5200 all the way to 6.3 RPM, and mid range torque curve is fatter.
We only had time for 2 dyno runs but a 3rd after more adaptation would've been slightly stronger I'm sure.
That night I did some testing and immediately got new bests for 1/8, 1/4 mile and 100-200kph which were signifanctly faster.
With less headwind it would break into 11.6s which is amazing for an Estate / Wagon , which is not only heavier but less aerodynamic. ( cD 0.32 vs 0.24 for the Saloon)
Bear in mind the car has stock cats and intake and is a 2019 facelift.
Subjectively it feels much stronger about 4.5- redline and when WOT in the higher gears. It keeps pulling strong instead of starting to feel like its loosing abit of boost/ getting warm.
Good info, thank you
Old 09-22-2020, 09:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry to jack this thread, but I need help figuring out how to remove MB intercooler clamps. The black clamps that connect the rigid
(gooseneck) tubing to the intercooler.

Another example: the tubing marked "6" below, how do I remove that black clamp/coupling that connects it to the core.

Old 09-23-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by .63AMG
Sorry to jack this thread, but I need help figuring out how to remove MB intercooler clamps. The black clamps that connect the rigid
Another example: the tubing marked "6" below, how do I remove that black clamp/coupling that connects it to the core.
Can anyone help, I would really appreciate it.
Old 09-23-2020, 08:11 PM

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts
2019 CLS450 (C257)
Originally Posted by .63AMG

You need a slim flat screwdriver to pry open the catch. See my pics and reference to your clamp orientation... you should be able to find where that catch is.

.63AMG (09-23-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by dagger22
You need a slim flat screwdriver to pry open the catch. See my pics and reference to your clamp orientation... you should be able to find where that catch is.
Thanks a lot man
Old 10-01-2020, 09:16 PM

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts
2019 GLC 63, 2020 C43 coupe
hey guys

PM sent.
Old 12-13-2020, 07:51 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 213 E wagon
Wagner install

Originally Posted by TWINTURBOS
Good info, thank you
simple easier than i thought.

Last edited by MWorks E wagon; 03-28-2021 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:30 PM

2017 213 E wagon
completed 5hrs total only think i didn't like was having to cut the factory hose to use the speed clamp fitting to the transmission 2k is way over priced for this cooler.
Old 12-14-2020, 07:34 PM

2017 213 E wagon
Originally Posted by MWorks E wagon
completed 5hrs total only think i didn't like was having to cut the factory hose to use the speed clamp fitting to the transmission 2k is way over priced for this cooler.

hc_416 (12-15-2020)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C43 Upgraded Intercooler by Wagner Tuning