C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody around Northern NJ with a c43 with non run flats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2020, 05:34 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
Anybody around Northern NJ with a c43 with non run flats?

Just wondering if there is anybody around Northern NJ with a C43 that has replaced their tires with non - run flats?
Really interested in the C43 but it drives really badly with the run flats... the past few years they have repaved all the highways around me (Bergen county, NJ) and though the roads look extremely good it makes even my E300 vibrate like it has a bent rim.
Really want to see if this can be remedied through the replacement of the non run flats or if at the end of the day the roads have been paved so poorly that nothing can fix it...

Thanks in advance!

Old 06-04-2020, 06:38 PM

Received 311 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
Not sure of the year on your E300, but I can almost guaranty no configuration on a c43 will ride nearly as cushy. Non-runflats will help, but the car is stiff nonetheless and will never be objectively comfortable. That said, I love my c43 and the stiff ride.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:27 PM

2021 M550i
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
Not sure of the year on your E300, but I can almost guaranty no configuration on a c43 will ride nearly as cushy. Non-runflats will help, but the car is stiff nonetheless and will never be objectively comfortable. That said, I love my c43 and the stiff ride.
E300 is 2018. Not cushy i can live with, but its the unnecessary amount of feedback back that comes through the steering wheel and overall front end that makes it feel like it has a bent rim.
Do you experience this as well? Once again, it might be all related to the poor repaving they have done around here but I can not confirm unless I try it out with the same car with non run flats...
Old 06-04-2020, 07:53 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Originally Posted by jhpmbusa
Just wondering if there is anybody around Northern NJ with a C43 that has replaced their tires with non - run flats?
Really interested in the C43 but it drives really badly with the run flats... the past few years they have repaved all the highways around me (Bergen county, NJ) and though the roads look extremely good it makes even my E300 vibrate like it has a bent rim.
Really want to see if this can be remedied through the replacement of the non run flats or if at the end of the day the roads have been paved so poorly that nothing can fix it...

Thanks in advance!
I'm in Morris County. My cars lowered on 19's with Pilot Sport AS3's. It was a nightmare with runflats but since I've changed no problems. Runflats make little bumps feel like you've run over a curb...smh
Old 06-05-2020, 07:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mb c43 2019
Live in Hudson county. Changed out the RF to non-RF, it’s a better ride but like others have mentioned this car is a stiff ride. Sometimes I am like WTF then other times the ride is great. I would saying if you are coming from a E class, this will be a acquired taste.
The following users liked this post:
jevsays (07-10-2020)
Old 06-06-2020, 04:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2020 C43 Coupe
I'm in Monmouth County (so more central then northern) and I am still running the stock Pirelli PZero Summer Run Flats that came with it. I honestly dont find the ride to be all that stiff or overly harsh at all. I will be switching to non Run Flat all season tires before the upcoming winter but like I said I dont think the ride is bad at all and there are plenty of roads around me that are in pretty poor condition.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:04 PM

Received 176 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 GLC 63
On my way to work, there is a bend in the road with broken/choppy pavement. With the run flats, the car side-stepped/walked/skipped to the side every time I went over them. None of that drama with the PS4's.

Last edited by 18bora; 07-06-2020 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:09 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
GLS450, AMG C43 Cabriolet

Thanks in advance!
I'm in west Essex and I put the Michellin AS/3+ on and would never go back.

They're great
The following users liked this post:
jhpmbusa (07-08-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 C43 AMG
Morris County here with the run flats and I don't find them to be too bad. Little stiff, but I don't particularly mind it.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:32 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
19E450A, 16C450W4, 16RRS SC Dynamic, etc
Morris and Somerset County here, and I switched to non run-flats.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:42 PM

2021 M550i
Originally Posted by cjaredscott
Morris and Somerset County here, and I switched to non run-flats.

How much of a difference did it make for you and which brand and model did you swap them out with?
Old 08-05-2020, 11:35 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
19E450A, 16C450W4, 16RRS SC Dynamic, etc
How much of a difference did it make for you and which brand and model did you swap them out with?
I switched to Vredestein Quatrac Pros. They had greater performance than stock Conti All-Seasons, but also included 3PMSF, which was a big factor in the decision at the time. I also have them on my RR Sport Supercharged (Dynamic). They’re awesome on that vehicle. They put the power down extremely well, offer great handling, 3PMSF, and great winter performance, etc. Given the all season options available for that car, I don’t know that I’d ever buy anything else (on the Supercharged). As far as my car, when they’re worn, I will reassess again and see if I want to try the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+s next time, and then come to a final decision on which I like better. I don’t think I’d consider any options other than these two, given what I have looked into on TireRack. I like these Vreds a lot, but the Michelins are supposed to perform about 10% better in the dry and maybe 20% better in the wet if I remember correctly, and I do think I want a little more out of the tires, but winter performance is not supposed to be nearly as good with those Michelins, so at minimum I need to see how this winter goes as well. It’ll be a balancing act. Also, I don’t think there’s as much steering feel with these over stock (something I wonder if the Michelins would remedy), and the ride is noticeably better than stock.

Sorry for the ramble — I probably included a lot of information you don’t need but I forgot what the original topic was as I was typing, so I’ll leave it there to paint the whole picture — I guess to get to the core of it, they do improve the ride, but nothing is going to get rid of our crappy roads. It’s still a relatively firm ride (at least on my C450). Nonetheless, it is an improvement.

Happy to answer any other questions you may have. Also, if you go Non-RFT, MB Morristown parts department can pull a compact spare tire from roadside for purchase that will fit the vehicle (I think it was around $150). I keep it in my trunk, especially when going on long trips.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 & S4
Regards from Bergen County. Its a no brainer on replacing the OEM run flats with non-run flats (Michelin in my case). The non-run flats, ride smoother, last longer, cost less and perform better. Someone posted that the first stop you should make when you leave the dealer is Discount Tire for non run-flats and I agree!
Old 08-06-2020, 07:57 PM

2021 M550i
Originally Posted by Sleepy914
Regards from Bergen County. Its a no brainer on replacing the OEM run flats with non-run flats (Michelin in my case). The non-run flats, ride smoother, last longer, cost less and perform better. Someone posted that the first stop you should make when you leave the dealer is Discount Tire for non run-flats and I agree!

Which tires did you replace it with? Also, in your sig - looks like you have a c43 and a S4. What year is the S4? I feel like the S4 drives smoother than the c43 for sure, but they also do come with non run flats, which probably helps!
Old 08-07-2020, 10:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 & S4
S4 is smoother for sure. I have an older supercharged model which I love. C43 has more sports feel in ride and handling. Guess it depends on the kind of driving you do.
Old 08-17-2020, 06:14 PM

2021 M550i
Picked up my c43 over the weekend!

Are there any meets or groups for the northern NJ area? Probably not as much with covid, but just wondering if something like this exists?
Old 08-17-2020, 08:03 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
Picked up my c43 over the weekend!

Are there any meets or groups for the northern NJ area? Probably not as much with covid, but just wondering if something like this exists?
Haven't really checked into stuff like that this year but Instagram or Facebook are probably your best bet to keep up with car meets as they're usually just pop ups in public parking lots... Maybe I'll get up with you in the future. I live near Island Dragway. They usually have regular events but as you mentioned this summer is probably different.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C300
Im in central NJ mine has all weathers