C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which stage 1 tune should I purchase today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 10:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Which stage 1 tune should I purchase today?

I have a ‘17 C43. I unfortunately didn’t get the P.E option when I purchased. Last week I ended up installing Armytrix exhaust system. The exhaust is awesome. The sound is night and day from stock. but I’m still wanting more power and sound. I’m trying to decide which tune I should go with. I purchased an expensive extended warranty, so I really don’t want to jeopardize any possible voided warranty claims in the future. I heard the Eurocharged stage 1 tune is dependable, and wouldn’t be causing harm to the engine. Also I can re-flash to stock if I do have to take it in to get serviced. Another Check mark on the Pro side is that it has an option for more pops and bangs, which is exactly what I’m looking fior.
is there any other companies I should look into that would be better choice than EC.
Thank ya AMG gang
Old 07-02-2020, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Coupe
I have been looking into tunes as well for my '17 C43...
The P.E. exhaust is deifnitely a must have... Glad you went with the armytrix - sounds uhuhmazing.

Was just researching online and two reliable tunes keep coming up...
The Renntech tune $2,000+
The Eurocharged tune = $1,500+ and I think it gets your car up to 460 HP (More than the Renntech, I don't have the stats in front me me, looks like you probably know as much as I do about this route).

Seems like the pops and bangs tune is more obnoxious on the Renntech... (Obnoxious to me of course - I am happy with the stock notes on the P.E...... For now)

Check out amgenetics_ on youtube or instagram - he has plenty of videos of both tunes and discusses them.
(He was going for the burble tunes on both as well..)

Best,

Last edited by DeeBee93; 07-02-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Do some forum searching. Pre-facelift cars are pretty well figured out - EC or JB4 are tip of the spear. Price, customization, flexibility, ease of install/removal for service easily place JB4 in the lead. Easily the largest install base as well.
Old 07-02-2020, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Coupe
Interested in the JB4 as well - Just haven't talked to much people who have used it...
From a price standpoint I mean.... Makes complete sense.

EC has their handheld tuner too, and that seems like a good option if one has the $$,
I think it stores a few files including the stock which is awesome..

I will be looking into the JB4 now as too...
Old 07-02-2020, 12:07 PM

2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by RichardCranium3
Do some forum searching. Pre-facelift cars are pretty well figured out - EC or JB4 are tip of the spear. Price, customization, flexibility, ease of install/removal for service easily place JB4 in the lead. Easily the largest install base as well.
Isnt true that EC is the easiest since all you do is use the OBII, copy file send it to EC, then install it on car by using the OBII. And your done. I believe JB4 you have to plug in various wires and hoses etc. seems EC would be way easier and user friendly since it’s literally plug-in play.
The following users liked this post:
DeeBee93 (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 191 Likes on 135 Posts
C190
Originally Posted by Jason Dyer
Isnt true that EC is the easiest since all you do is use the OBII, copy file send it to EC, then install it on car by using the OBII. And your done. I believe JB4 you have to plug in various wires and hoses etc. seems EC would be way easier and user friendly since it’s literally plug-in play.
The handheld takes around 7mins and you will need a power supply, add maybe 3 mins to the whole process. I can remove the JB4, or install it, faster than that. Anyway, effort is about the same for both, which is not much. Both are plug and play. As for performance, I would prefer to have both at the same time. I use the JB4 to fine tune the overall performance.
DeeBee93 (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 12:49 PM

Received 71 Likes on 42 Posts
2019 C43 AMG Coupe
One thing you will want to be clear on is the impact to warranty as it sounds like that is important to you. If you go with EC or any other ECU-flash-based tune, even if you flash back, you have still triggered the flash counter. A tech at any auto shop can check that counter in less than 30 seconds with access to nothing but the OBDII port. Piggyback tuning modules, can be detected as well, even if removed, but at that point a tech is digging into the data logs for evidence of manipulation. A flash is much more easily discovered. Just something to keep in mind as you are making your decision.
Old 07-02-2020, 03:29 PM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
C43
I own both JB4 and EC. I started with JB4 and its install is extremely simple. the longest part of the install is hiding the key for the first 10-15 mins so the ECU goes to sleep. (or letting the engine bay cooldown). The first time you install it, maybe 15 minutes. Eventually, it will take you a couple of minutes.

EC install is obviously pretty simple. You don't actually need an external power supply (not saying you shouldn't use one). Best practice would be to use one and they're not expensive, but I have flashed many many times and have never used one (obviously don't flash with your AC on blast... make sure everything is off).

Ultimately JB4 was great for what it was. I personally needed more customization, and have catless DP's (you cannot auto delete CEL using JB4 for catless dp's in US ). By customization I also mean I wanted an exhaust with more character which you won't get from a JB4. EC tune also provides upgrade path for additional mods down the road... having said that though, I've actually kept my JB4 for both logging purposes and eventual WMI integration.

Support from both vendors is extremely good via email. the JB4 forum support honestly needs work (I have several questions that remain unanswered on there) but again, their email support is fantastic.

Performance-wise the best I managed with JB4 was a 3.49 (stock cat's and stock intakes). With EC I matched that in warmer weather. With catless DP's (and intakes) I've gotten a 3.30.

Hope this info helps.
Old 07-02-2020, 04:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 65 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 Nissan GTR Black Edition, 2017 Mercedes C43 AMG
This is easily one of the most popular options for your vehicle:

https://shop.amrperformance.com/prod...-programmer-6/

This sleek touchscreen handheld comes pre loaded with 6 tunes for the price of 1, free updates, free burble and you can flash back to stock in under 2 minutes for dealer servicing

We are running promos as well, so contact me for more info! #amrempire
The following 3 users liked this post by AMR_Matt:
b6tbfmp (07-02-2020), BayAreaAMG (07-02-2020), DIVINE AMG (07-02-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 05:57 PM

Received 311 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
I have had OE turning’s stage 1 on my 2017 c43 for approximately 8 months. I am happy with it and intend on getting downpipes and OE’s stage 2 soon.
SALES@OETUNING (07-07-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 11:36 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
C43 AMG
This is really easy...If you paid extra money for an extended warranty then i'm guessing you really value that peace of mind. In this case I wouldn't purchase a tune that is going to give the dealer a reason not to honor your extended warranty i'm sure you shelled out a bunch of cash for. If you are going for a full ECU tune i'd cancel the extended, get a check for the prorated amount left, and use it to buy a tune. Otherwise just get a JB4 and play around with the maps and fuel. Then once your warranty is out you can sell your JB4 and flash it.
Krieves (07-08-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 12:27 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan
Eurocharged hands down the best service and safest tunes with a lot of testing.
Old 07-07-2020, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 AMG Coupe
Seconded for Eurocharged. I also have a '17 and it's been great with the Eurocharge tune. I recently had them update it to the v.4 and it's better than ever!
loungn14 (07-07-2020)
Old 07-07-2020, 03:20 PM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Hey guys if anyone needs a hookup on our tuning let me know! We have tuned thousands of them (check the draggy leaderboard) and even offer our own warranty!

jb4 is also a very solid device. You can’t really go wrong either way
Old 07-14-2020, 12:54 AM

2017 C43 AMG
It’s been about a week since I’ve installed stage 1 From EC. I can’t be happier. The sound and power is amazing. The beast still surprises the F#%^ outta me. Thank you Jerry, Casem and the gang from Eurocharge.
jevsays (07-14-2020)
Old 07-14-2020, 02:34 AM

Received 103 Likes on 78 Posts
GLC43, X P100D, S P100D, CT200H
Originally Posted by Trekt43
I own both JB4 and EC. I started with JB4 and its install is extremely simple. the longest part of the install is hiding the key for the first 10-15 mins so the ECU goes to sleep. (or letting the engine bay cooldown). The first time you install it, maybe 15 minutes. Eventually, it will take you a couple of minutes.

EC install is obviously pretty simple. You don't actually need an external power supply (not saying you shouldn't use one). Best practice would be to use one and they're not expensive, but I have flashed many many times and have never used one (obviously don't flash with your AC on blast... make sure everything is off).

Ultimately JB4 was great for what it was. I personally needed more customization, and have catless DP's (you cannot auto delete CEL using JB4 for catless dp's in US ). By customization I also mean I wanted an exhaust with more character which you won't get from a JB4. EC tune also provides upgrade path for additional mods down the road... having said that though, I've actually kept my JB4 for both logging purposes and eventual WMI integration.

Support from both vendors is extremely good via email. the JB4 forum support honestly needs work (I have several questions that remain unanswered on there) but again, their email support is fantastic.

Performance-wise the best I managed with JB4 was a 3.49 (stock cat's and stock intakes). With EC I matched that in warmer weather. With catless DP's (and intakes) I've gotten a 3.30.

Hope this info helps.
You should definitely buy a power supply. They are cheap and will keep your ECU from bricking due to incomplete flashing caused by battery dying.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:42 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
2016 C450 AMG, 2005 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by Jason Dyer
It’s been about a week since I’ve installed stage 1 From EC. I can’t be happier. The sound and power is amazing. The beast still surprises the F#%^ outta me. Thank you Jerry, Casem and the gang from Eurocharge.
Glad to hear you decided on the right tune for you! Enjoy in good health!
Old 07-14-2020, 12:49 PM

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by batman719
One thing you will want to be clear on is the impact to warranty as it sounds like that is important to you. If you go with EC or any other ECU-flash-based tune, even if you flash back, you have still triggered the flash counter. A tech at any auto shop can check that counter in less than 30 seconds with access to nothing but the OBDII port. Piggyback tuning modules, can be detected as well, even if removed, but at that point a tech is digging into the data logs for evidence of manipulation. A flash is much more easily discovered. Just something to keep in mind as you are making your decision.
I just purchased a 2020 C43 and interested in a tune as well. Does this mean that no matter which type of tune I go with, it will void the warranty?
Old 07-14-2020, 01:12 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by Ramsino
I just purchased a 2020 C43 and interested in a tune as well. Does this mean that no matter which type of tune I go with, it will void the warranty?
At the end of the day if you are ecu tuned and they want to void your warranty, they will. Piggyback tunes can be removed and would be a lot harder to prove.