Sponsored by:

Sport Exhaust Sound in Sport+ vs Individual Mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 07:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2020 C43 AMG Coupe
Sport Exhaust Sound in Sport+ vs Individual Mode

It seems that my sport exhaust is more aggressive sounding in Sport+ mode vs Individual mode with the most aggressive settings (except w/comfort suspension).

Does anyone else have similar results?

2020 C43 Coupe
Old 07-15-2020, 10:39 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
C43 AMG
interesting, I've noticed my individual aggressive exhaust setting seems so much quieter sometimes. I'll test out tomorrow as well. Mine is a 2020 C43 sedan
Old 07-16-2020, 09:05 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 C43 and TBSS
Agreed! It also seems to be less "poppy" when I'm lower than half a tank. lol

JasonG
Old 07-18-2020, 12:13 AM

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
C43
Correct me if this is wrong, but I have read in another post that if you have the AMG Sport Exhaust, clicking the exhaust button to open up the flap does NOT add the crackles and pops. The crackles and pops only come in Sport+ mode because this is an ECU controlled process that adds a bit of extra fuel that ignites and creates the pops we all love to hear.

I have noticed in my 2020 C43 that having the exhaust flap open in any other modes will result in a louder exhaust sound, however, the cracks and pops are not as apparent as in Sport+. I'm not sure if this is a Sport+ only thing or if this is determined from having the engine in Dynamic mode. The only time you can do this is in Individual where you can set the engine to Dynamic or in Sport+ where the engine is automatically in Dynamic mode.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:24 AM

C43 AMG
Well, I always use the individual mode for a few reasons:
Its only one click up, instead of few clicks down for the sport+
I set mine up for Exhaust flap open, engine in Dynamic, suspension in Sport (since I have springs), trans in M.
I'm hoping to have the ASR flap module soon and that'll solve the issue lol.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:39 AM

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by c43PDX
Well, I always use the individual mode for a few reasons:
Its only one click up, instead of few clicks down for the sport+
I set mine up for Exhaust flap open, engine in Dynamic, suspension in Sport (since I have springs), trans in M.
I'm hoping to have the ASR flap module soon and that'll solve the issue lol.
Do you notice the crackles in your Individual mode? I know you have the exhaust flap open so the exhaust is louder, but what about the pops when you upshift or the burbles when you downshift? I don't notice these as much and my Individual is Dynamic engine with exhaust flap open as well. In Sport+ mode, the cracks and burbles happen a lot more often still for me.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:06 AM

C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Ramsino
Do you notice the crackles in your Individual mode? I know you have the exhaust flap open so the exhaust is louder, but what about the pops when you upshift or the burbles when you downshift? I don't notice these as much and my Individual is Dynamic engine with exhaust flap open as well. In Sport+ mode, the cracks and burbles happen a lot more often still for me.
I need to test this still, keep forgetting, so natural to just go in individual.
Yes the pops/bangs kind of has its life on its own, but I could usually make the noise around 3 to 4k after letting off the throttle.
around 5k, it can be really loud I think due to the flaps being more open. and this is on dynamic engine mode on individual.
Old 07-19-2020, 03:32 AM

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts
2004 E55 K Wagon &. '96 SL500
My car crackles nicely in all the modes, even comfort , as its remapped. They're just louder and more frequent in S+.