Sponsored by:

Trunk and interior features stop working after car goes to sleep

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 02:56 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 C43
Trunk and interior features stop working after car goes to sleep

So I’ve been having this strange issue over the past couple weeks...

Sometimes once the car goes to “sleep” the trunk open and close stop working and I notice the digital cluster will flash on and off when you open the door. I think even the interior lighting might not fully come on.

once the car is turned on, everything will work normal. Even after you turn off the car, etc. trunk still opens and closes with the buttons.

any ideas? Is there something I need to reset? Maybe fuse or anything?

Or is this a dealer visit
Old 05-09-2021, 09:31 AM

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts
2018 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Just hit the lock/unlock on your key fob.
Old 05-09-2021, 12:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
Has your car been parked for an extended period and only driven short distances? If so then your battery charge is likely low and it's shutting off non essential systems to preserve the starter battery. Go for a long drive or hook it up to a trickle charger to keep the battery fully charged. You can also enable the standby mode in the COMAND system to turn off the online connection and telematics if the car is parked for an extended period to reduce the battery drain. It's explained in the owners manual.
Old 05-09-2021, 02:44 PM

2019 C43
Originally Posted by jonathan358
Just hit the lock/unlock on your key fob.
tried that. Doesn’t wake up. I can’t use the remote for opening/closing the trunk either.

if I use the trunk latch, it pops open, but because the motor isn’t energized, it doesn’t open without forcing it.

once I start the car the motor works normally.
Old 05-09-2021, 02:48 PM

2019 C43
Originally Posted by superswiss
Has your car been parked for an extended period and only driven short distances? If so then your battery charge is likely low and it's shutting off non essential systems to preserve the starter battery. Go for a long drive or hook it up to a trickle charger to keep the battery fully charged. You can also enable the standby mode in the COMAND system to turn off the online connection and telematics if the car is parked for an extended period to reduce the battery drain. It's explained in the owners manual.
this is what I was thinking. But I’ve had it on a charger as well its still doing this.

im partially wondering if I drained the battery enough without the charger and now the car is in some weird low power state.

I would assume once the battery voltage is high enough it should “reset”. I might just unplug the battery for a few hours and see if it resets.
Old 05-09-2021, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by miztahsparklez
this is what I was thinking. But I’ve had it on a charger as well its still doing this.

im partially wondering if I drained the battery enough without the charger and now the car is in some weird low power state.

I would assume once the battery voltage is high enough it should “reset”. I might just unplug the battery for a few hours and see if it resets.
I would not recommend disconnecting the battery. You gonna lose a bunch of stuff. If it's in power failure limp mode then I believe only a dealer can reset that. If you bring up the engine data screen is it showing a lower max Horsepower scale? That's an indication that it is in power failure limp mode.
Old 05-09-2021, 07:38 PM

2019 C43
I would not recommend disconnecting the battery. You gonna lose a bunch of stuff. If it's in power failure limp mode then I believe only a dealer can reset that. If you bring up the engine data screen is it showing a lower max Horsepower scale? That's an indication that it is in power failure limp mode.
hp scale still says 500, torque is 350?

interestingly enough, standby mode as you mentioned, can’t be turned on. Just says “system inoperative”

I have ignition on and car off. So not sure what is going on there.
Old 05-09-2021, 09:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by miztahsparklez
interestingly enough, standby mode as you mentioned, can’t be turned on. Just says “system inoperative”.
That would indicate that your battery charge as suspected is way too low. The standby mode is not available if the battery charge is too low. Something is up with your battery if you had it on a charger and it's still low. What does the Mercedes me connect app say for the battery state?
Old 05-14-2021, 12:05 PM

2019 C43
That would indicate that your battery charge as suspected is way too low. The standby mode is not available if the battery charge is too low. Something is up with your battery if you had it on a charger and it's still low. What does the Mercedes me connect app say for the battery state?
hmm it said it was okay, but i just got a notification saying battery was low yesterday.. maybe it's new battery time.