Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Owner review 2021 C43 & C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2021, 02:49 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
the cla and a 35s etc gets the key that says AMG up front, cant recall if it had the crest in the back. Also, if I remember, the whole key fob is black. Its actually pretty cool. I think the C43s are just using the older key fobs as its still an older/current model. Pretty sure the next model will have updated keys as well.
Old 06-03-2021, 02:49 PM

Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts
2021 C63S Coupe
We're all learning a few things here apparently! Good stuff
Old 06-03-2021, 03:01 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i

found a vid, looks like no crest in the back. this one is for a gle 53 at least. this is the new black amg key fob mentioned above.
The following users liked this post:
djprov431 (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 03:09 PM

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts
2017 C43
Thanks for doing this! I just wanted to ask if you were able to notice a difference between the two when you rip out from a corner into a street left or right. It’s one of the first things I’ve noticed between rear wheel drive and awd. Since the C63 has outrageous torque, which of the two did you feel more secure or sure footed in that scenario?
djprov431 (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 03:39 PM

2021 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by mo11
Thanks for doing this! I just wanted to ask if you were able to notice a difference between the two when you rip out from a corner into a street left or right. It’s one of the first things I’ve noticed between rear wheel drive and awd. Since the C63 has outrageous torque, which of the two did you feel more secure or sure footed in that scenario?
Oh I definitely go easier on the 63S - the engine would cut out (traction control) or get it sideways if traction control is in sport mode (one press) or off (long press), not worth it until you're mostly aligned with they way you want to go -- the 43 you can go heavy footed and it hooks up -- like it should! However once pointed in the right direction it's the 63 that makes me feel more planted going fast.

Last edited by djprov431; 06-03-2021 at 03:43 PM.
mo11 (06-03-2021)
Old 06-03-2021, 04:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by jhpmbusa
the cla and a 35s etc gets the key that says AMG up front, cant recall if it had the crest in the back. Also, if I remember, the whole key fob is black. Its actually pretty cool. I think the C43s are just using the older key fobs as its still an older/current model. Pretty sure the next model will have updated keys as well.
Good info! Speaking of updated keys, the 206 is getting the S-Class style key (but maybe with less premium materials) and I guess the next gen E-Class will then get that key too and other classes.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,937 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by mo11
Originally Posted by djprov431
Oh I definitely go easier on the 63S - the engine would cut out (traction control) or get it sideways if traction control is in sport mode (one press) or off (long press), not worth it until you're mostly aligned with they way you want to go -- the 43 you can go heavy footed and it hooks up -- like it should! However once pointed in the right direction it's the 63 that makes me feel more planted going fast.
I would say to this that the 63 is highly adjustable. You can have it be planted in the corners with AMG DYNAMICS set to Basic and ESP on. It will proactively reduce the engine torque to not spin out even if you mash the pedal, or you can start ratcheting up AMG DYNAMICS and put ESP in Sport or completely off all the way to doing 360s. Then there's the 9-stage TC which further lets you control how much wheel spin to allow with ESP off, and consequently control how likely you are to spin out. For example we drifted the '19 C63S coupe at the AMG Driving Academy at various TC settings with ESP off, and unless you start going above 7 you'll have a tough time to make it really slide. Even though it's not a drift angle control system it does kinda act that way because it limits the engine torque to keep the wheel spin at the desired level. It took me a while to build the confidence and trust the car, though, so I took it rather easy at the beginning as I came from almost 10 years of AWD performance cars, but now at least in the dry, the 63 is as planted in the corners as my previous RS5. You just have to trust it and become familiar with the various levels that different modes offer. The experience at the AMG Driving Academy definitely helped learning where the limits are and how you can control them. The ESP system in these cars and with the extension of AMG DYNAMICS, it's actually quite sophisticated to let you get the most out of the car without killing yourself.
Old 06-03-2021, 06:14 PM

2021 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss
I would say to this that the 63 is highly adjustable. You can have it be planted in the corners with AMG DYNAMICS set to Basic and ESP on. It will proactively reduce the engine torque to not spin out even if you mash the pedal, or you can start ratcheting up AMG DYNAMICS and put ESP in Sport or completely off all the way to doing 360s. Then there's the 9-stage TC which further lets you control how much wheel spin to allow with ESP off, and consequently control how likely you are to spin out. For example we drifted the '19 C63S coupe at the AMG Driving Academy at various TC settings with ESP off, and unless you start going above 7 you'll have a tough time to make it really slide. Even though it's not a drift angle control system it does kinda act that way because it limits the engine torque to keep the wheel spin at the desired level. It took me a while to build the confidence and trust the car, though, so I took it rather easy at the beginning as I came from almost 10 years of AWD performance cars, but now at least in the dry, the 63 is as planted in the corners as my previous RS5. You just have to trust it and become familiar with the various levels that different modes offer. The experience at the AMG Driving Academy definitely helped learning where the limits are and how you can control them. The ESP system in these cars and with the extension of AMG DYNAMICS, it's actually quite sophisticated to let you get the most out of the car without killing yourself.

I agree with all of the above, I may not have been totally clear though - I was simply speaking to making a turn, not going through corners as I thought that was the original question!