Sponsored by:

Eurocharged Tune Special - Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 06:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe (2017)
Eurocharged Tune Special - Thoughts?

Hi All - I am sure this topic has been beaten to death already, but I am looking at doing a stage 1 Eurocharged tune to my stock 17 C43 coupe as they have a 25% off special until the end of November (comes out to about $1275 Canadian). They also charge $100 to go back and forth to stock/tune which is not horrible in the event i need to do it.

Just looking for general input on things I should consider (good and bad). Would the dealer notice this during my standard maintenance? Worried about voiding my warranty if so.

Here are the things i am concerned about:
- Issues with engine in the long term
- Fuel economy
- Changes to the car sound (I think it sounds perfect now)... My GLC43 had an engine software update at the dealer and I am positive the update made it quieter!

If you have the tune and have any input, I would appreciate it!

Last edited by Muskokamarc; 11-25-2021 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:43 PM

Received 310 Likes on 236 Posts
C43
Any tune will 100% void your warranty if something were to go wrong with the engine, turbos, exhaust or transmission. It is less of a concern at a scheduled maintenance and more a concern when something breaks. With added power comes additional stress on internals and engine components. With added boost with stock turbos comes additional heat that can cause failure of certain parts. With added boost and horsepower comes added fuel, which will generally yield decreased MPG. In sum, a tune will likely result in reduced “reliability” - but catastrophic engine failure seems remote if tuned by a reputable tuner.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:58 PM

C43 AMG Coupe (2017)
Eurocharged seems to be one of the more reputable companies I think.

In the event a turbo were to fail or the engine 'give out', could i not have the tune reversed before bringing the car into the dealer? Doubt this would occur, but more so curious
The following users liked this post:
1SickGLC (11-27-2021)
Old 11-26-2021, 05:04 AM

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by Muskokamarc
Eurocharged seems to be one of the more reputable companies I think.

In the event a turbo were to fail or the engine 'give out', could i not have the tune reversed before bringing the car into the dealer? Doubt this would occur, but more so curious
I've had Eurocharged tune in my vehicle for the past 50k miles. I have not had a single issue with it. You'll get the MyGenius hand held that you plug unto the OBD port in the car and you will download your stock map onto it. You will then plug it into your computer/laptop and email it to them. They will remap for a stage one. They will email it back, you download it onto the MyGenius and plug it into the car. And that is it. You can put the stock map back on the car when you take it to the dealer. I would not own this car without the tune now that i have had it for over a year. It is money well spent and you will absolutely love the difference it makes. It is significant and you will know its tuned. Contac Jake Pederson on this forum or on Facebook. He is the owner and he will answer any questions you may have. The tune also has a warranty on the motor.
Graycat305 (08-07-2023)
Old 11-26-2021, 05:50 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
C43 AMG W205
Go for it

I took advantage of the black friday sale this week. I've had my 17 for a year and a half and I only have 6 months of warranty left. The sale pushed me over the edge.

Eurocharged are extremely professional. Excellent to deal with. The Stage 1 tune is unreal. The difference in power and torque is shocking. Its a different car now. Before it was quick, now its quite crazy. From what I've read stage 1 is extremely safe on these cars. I could never go back... the car would feel so weak now I know how well it runs with their tune. The car is way more fun tuned.

The sound of the car got better. The low rpm range is louder now. The pops n bangs are all unchanged, but are louder if you are really on it.

Since this is my first post, here's a pic.

Last edited by DirtyDD; 11-26-2021 at 05:56 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DirtyDD:
Freder8d (11-26-2021), Khase (01-24-2022)
Old 11-26-2021, 09:40 AM

C43 AMG Coupe (2017)
Thanks for the info. Let's say a turbo failed while I had the tune on the car. Would I be able to remove the tune and bring it to the dealer and claim the repair under warranty? Would they be able to see the tune and then void the repair under warranty?
Old 11-26-2021, 10:24 AM

C43 AMG Coupe (2017)
Also, I should preface this whole conversation by saying I don't plan on bringing my car to a track... I would just like to see it pull a bit harder at higher speeds and take off slightly quicker. I don't think that a tune should cause issues under those driving dynamics but I could be wrong?
Old 11-26-2021, 10:59 AM

C43 AMG W205
Thanks for the info. Let's say a turbo failed while I had the tune on the car. Would I be able to remove the tune and bring it to the dealer and claim the repair under warranty? Would they be able to see the tune and then void the repair under warranty?
When the car ECU is flashed it is permanently logged. They can certainly see it. You have to accept that the remainder of your powertrain warranty is likely gone.

If you use a JB4 piggy back and remove it whenever you go to the dealer, you may be able to get away with it.

Just do it.

D
1SickGLC (11-27-2021)
Old 11-27-2021, 09:18 PM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by DirtyDD
When the car ECU is flashed it is permanently logged. They can certainly see it. You have to accept that the remainder of your powertrain warranty is likely gone.

If you use a JB4 piggy back and remove it whenever you go to the dealer, you may be able to get away with it.

Just do it.

D
Technically anything that alters any computerized ran machinery can be seen. Even a JB4 piggy back can be seen. Anytime your vehicle runs outside the parameters in which it was programmed for can be seen. Eurocharged takes your stock map, modifies it and sends back a reconfigured map. You can reinstall the stock map when you take it to the dealer. For all the forums I have looked at and read, I havnt seen any documentation of anyone having this happened to. I've read 2 examples where a tune had killed the car. 1 was an AMR tune and I think his car was just that one car out of a million per se. I'm not sure who the tuner was on the other. But I have not read a post where a motor went catastrophic on a tune and the owner was refused by the dealer to cover under warranty. If someone else knows where this has happened from someone first hand experience please share the link. So most if it is guessing and heresy on that specific issue. I bought my car February 2020 with 13,000 miles and I now have 75,000 miles on the vehicle. I've had my tune by Eurocharged on for about 50,000 miles without an issue. And I'll be absolutely honest with you and tell you that I drive the car how it was made to be driven. I also bought the extended warranty and service package. Every time I took it in for service I put the stock map back on and nothing was discovered. and have not had to file a warranty claim for anything. Having this tune on my car makes it for me an impossibility to own this vehicle without it. That's how significant the tune is on this vehicle. Trust me when I say you'll agree 100% with me after the tune. Eurocharged also offers a warranty on the motor. There are specifics I believe that apply and that being they must do the tune in house. But I've never validated that so you'll have to ask them.
Old 12-16-2021, 12:08 PM
pwd

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes E Coupé w207
AMR tune is the best in the world! With the RV3.1
The following 2 users liked this post by pwd:
AMR Performance (12-16-2021), DIVINE AMG (12-17-2021)
Old 12-16-2021, 07:58 PM

C43
Originally Posted by pwd
With a statement as bold as that, do tell. From what I have seen and heard on this forum, other forums and in real life - I think your statement is unsubstantiated.
The following 2 users liked this post by C43HeartBoost:
BoolitSpunjBoon (01-03-2022), tkies (03-29-2022)
Old 12-16-2021, 10:16 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 MB GLC 43 AMG
Originally Posted by pwd
Is it the best for reliability? Customer service? 1/4 times? 0-60' times? 60-130 times? Interested as well as to what led you to your comment...
Old 12-19-2021, 11:06 AM

Received 176 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 GLC 63
Originally Posted by pwd

Old 12-19-2021, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Eurocharged C43

I had my 2017 C43 tuned in July. Long term reliability IDK. No issues yet.
Fuel Economy: I average 24-25mpg, can get 27+ on the highway but have to keep a light foot.
Sound: Eurocharged can tune for burbles or no burbles. I have the AMG exhaust option on my C43, so the burbles were way too much for me. I was expecting 1-2 cracks between shifts, but I ended up with machine gun kelly out the back. 10-15 randomized cracks every shift. I took it back to have it re-tuned once already. Now in sport mode with and without AMG exhaust on and Sport+ mode without AMG exhaust on I get 1-2 cracks between shifts. In Sport+ mode with AMG exhaust on however its still machine gun kelly out the back. I will probably take it in 1 more time to have this toned down a bit if possible, else bye bye burbles.
The only other issue, maybe related to the tune is the surging or whatever you want to call it. When in sport or sport+ mode the car starts off in 1st gear. It will want to almost shift right away like ~5 mph. When this happens if your part throttle it induces a surging like effect that you can only remedy by letting off the gas. By surging i mean its like your purposely on the gas then off then on then off almost violently making the car buck. 0-25% or 75-100% throttle no issues, its all like 25-75% throttle where you need to be careful. I sometimes just manually shift and startup in 2nd gear with zero issues. I have asked if there is anything they can do about this, but i have been told NO. So I either drive it like a normal human being, or like I stole it, which is generally my style.

Hi All - I am sure this topic has been beaten to death already, but I am looking at doing a stage 1 Eurocharged tune to my stock 17 C43 coupe as they have a 25% off special until the end of November (comes out to about $1275 Canadian). They also charge $100 to go back and forth to stock/tune which is not horrible in the event i need to do it.

Just looking for general input on things I should consider (good and bad). Would the dealer notice this during my standard maintenance? Worried about voiding my warranty if so.

- Fuel economy
- Changes to the car sound (I think it sounds perfect now)... My GLC43 had an engine software update at the dealer and I am positive the update made it quieter!

Last edited by Pindrosm; 12-19-2021 at 12:40 PM.
Old 12-19-2021, 01:08 PM

C43
Originally Posted by Pindrosm
I had my 2017 C43 tuned in July. Long term reliability IDK. No issues yet.
Fuel Economy: I average 24-25mpg, can get 27+ on the highway but have to keep a light foot.
Sound: Eurocharged can tune for burbles or no burbles. I have the AMG exhaust option on my C43, so the burbles were way too much for me. I was expecting 1-2 cracks between shifts, but I ended up with machine gun kelly out the back. 10-15 randomized cracks every shift. I took it back to have it re-tuned once already. Now in sport mode with and without AMG exhaust on and Sport+ mode without AMG exhaust on I get 1-2 cracks between shifts. In Sport+ mode with AMG exhaust on however its still machine gun kelly out the back. I will probably take it in 1 more time to have this toned down a bit if possible, else bye bye burbles.
The only other issue, maybe related to the tune is the surging or whatever you want to call it. When in sport or sport+ mode the car starts off in 1st gear. It will want to almost shift right away like ~5 mph. When this happens if your part throttle it induces a surging like effect that you can only remedy by letting off the gas. By surging i mean its like your purposely on the gas then off then on then off almost violently making the car buck. 0-25% or 75-100% throttle no issues, its all like 25-75% throttle where you need to be careful. I sometimes just manually shift and startup in 2nd gear with zero issues. I have asked if there is anything they can do about this, but i have been told NO. So I either drive it like a normal human being, or like I stole it, which is generally my style.
Burble tunes rarely, if ever, sound good in my opinion. Also, if you are still running catted downpipes, those burbles induced by your tune are likely to destroy your catalytic converters.

The “surging” you are describing sounds like the known issue with the 9g c43 transmission (usually referred to as the “bucking bronco”). Mine did it in stock form and had nothing to do with my tune or other modifications. I do not know how much seat time you have had in your c43, but I think it is less likely to occur once you have really learned the car (and to some extent, once it has learned your driving style).
1SickGLC (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 02:19 PM

C43
C43 bucking

Interesting that the bucking is not related to the tune. What did you do or what can be done to remedy this problem. It’s become drivability issue. al
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
Burble tunes rarely, if ever, sound good in my opinion. Also, if you are still running catted downpipes, thoseburbles induced by your tune are likely to destroy your catalytic converters.

The “surging” you are describing sounds like the known issue with the 9g c43 transmission (usually referred to as the “bucking bronco”). Mine did it in stock form and had nothing to do with my tune or other modifications. I do not know how much seat time you have had in your c43, but I think it is less likely to occur once you have really learned the car (and to some extent, once it has learned your driving style).
Old 12-19-2021, 03:44 PM

C43
Originally Posted by Pindrosm
Interesting that the bucking is not related to the tune. What did you do or what can be done to remedy this problem. It’s become drivability issue. al
There is no remedy for the issue, as it is a transmission/extremely short gearing issue. It happened very regularly for me in the first few months of ownership, but VERY rarely over the next two years of ownership. It “went away” because I have learned the car’s idiosyncrasies. When in Sport or Sport+, you have to be very deliberate with your use of the throttle in 1st and 2nd gear - make sure not to stab the throttle is the best way I can explain it. How long have you owned the vehicle?
Old 12-19-2021, 04:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
N/A
There is no remedy for the issue, as it is a transmission/extremely short gearing issue. It happened very regularly for me in the first few months of ownership, but VERY rarely over the next two years of ownership. It “went away” because I have learned the car’s idiosyncrasies. When in Sport or Sport+, you have to be very deliberate with your use of the throttle in 1st and 2nd gear - make sure not to stab the throttle is the best way I can explain it. How long have you owned the vehicle?
I'll echo this, but only really for Sport+ mode in my case. I got my C43 in September, and the first month of driving it was pretty painful. Eventually you'll pick up on what leads to the bucking behavior, and you can avoid it before it even happens. Also just as a tip, if you get into that situation, you can also just pull the upshift paddle and it should kick it back to normal. It's a safer alternative to letting off the throttle if you're in the middle of an intersection.

After I got my Eurocharged tune, I had to reset the TCU adaptations (disconnect the negative terminal of your battery for a couple of hours should do the trick) because the throttle response was extremely touchy across all 3 driving modes and would make it basically impossible to take off from a red light comfortably. Now, comfort and sport are more comparable to driving the car like any other daily driver, and Sport+ remains very aggressive like you would expect.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:57 PM

C43
C43 bucking

Thanks for all of the great discussion. I’ve had the car for 9 months now. I too have learned what seems to trigger the bucking and try to avoid those triggers when accelerating from a stop. I have also just clicked the manual shifter up a gear to settle the bucking if it does happen. Still wondering if there is some long term solution. I’ll try the TCU reset by unplugging the battery for a few hours and see if that helps. Does anyone know if the TCU tune solves this issue? Like raising the shift point of 1st gear?

Originally Posted by Xundir
I'll echo this, but only really for Sport+ mode in my case. I got my C43 in September, and the first month of driving it was pretty painful. Eventually you'll pick up on what leads to the bucking behavior, and you can avoid it before it even happens. Also just as a tip, if you get into that situation, you can also just pull the upshift paddle and it should kick it back to normal. It's a safer alternative to letting off the throttle if you're in the middle of an intersection.

After I got my Eurocharged tune, I had to reset the TCU adaptations (disconnect the negative terminal of your battery for a couple of hours should do the trick) because the throttle response was extremely touchy across all 3 driving modes and would make it basically impossible to take off from a red light comfortably. Now, comfort and sport are more comparable to driving the car like any other daily driver, and Sport+ remains very aggressive like you would expect.
Old 01-02-2022, 05:44 PM
pwd

Mercedes E Coupé w207
With a statement as bold as that, do tell. From what I have seen and heard on this forum, other forums and in real life - I think your statement is unsubstantiated.
Reliability almost every big tuning company have it. This is how i se it I live in Sweden near Germany as manny know, Have since spring tried to find a Mercedes tuner company in europe that can give me Launch control! and reving past 3500rpm in P-ark. And what I have find is that not even the biggest tuners in Germany or Denmark
Brabus, Kleeman etc. not Eurocharge none can do What AMR preformance do! Not only have they Launch control fore the 43 AMG cars with 9G-tronic
Gearbox they have burout mode to... That means only one thing! They have the best engineers for programing ECU and tuning.

ps. Who pays near 2000 us Dollars to tune you mercedes with 430ish hp and not get Launch Control? When you can do it for 500dollars with out!?
AMR Performance (01-14-2022), DIVINE AMG (01-14-2022)
Old 01-02-2022, 06:58 PM

C43
Originally Posted by pwd
Reliability almost every big tuning company have it. This is how i se it I live in Sweden near Germany as manny know, Have since spring tried to find a Mercedes tuner company in europe that can give me Launch control! and reving past 3500rpm in P-ark. And what I have find is that not even the biggest tuners in Germany or Denmark
Brabus, Kleeman etc. not Eurocharge none can do What AMR preformance do! Not only have they Launch control fore the 43 AMG cars with 9G-tronic
Gearbox they have burout mode to... That means only one thing! They have the best engineers for programing ECU and tuning.

ps. Who pays near 2000 us Dollars to tune you mercedes with 430ish hp and not get Launch Control? When you can do it for 500dollars with out!?
I am not aware of a tune for the c43 that has a true launch control.

Last edited by C43HeartBoost; 01-02-2022 at 07:19 PM.
loungn14 (01-03-2022)
Old 01-03-2022, 06:16 PM
pwd

Mercedes E Coupé w207
look on you tube for AMR performance
And have a look on this https://shop.amrperformance.com/prod...cial-features/
AMR Performance (01-14-2022), DIVINE AMG (01-14-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 10:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C43

- Fuel economy

hey i'm also in vaughan and got the eurocharged stage 1 special for black friday on my 2018 c43 sedan
i was quite nervous because i just bought out my car and this was my first mod.
first off the car is def faster. in sport + it burbles more and they didn't add any burble tune. ( i was worried they did as it could damage your cat converters if you dont have catless downpipes)
They told me after the tune that i should be getting oil changes done every 5000kms and suggested to put 93 as winter time they add additives so its not true 93 you would be basically at 91. Or so.
Right then and there i kind of felt a bit buyers remorse as I didn't want to go through the hassle of getting an oil change done every couple months and paying for it. I just posted recently on this forum and the guys are saying regular recommended mercedes intervals are enough. Also i only put 91, *** it i'm not spending up my money on 93 on a car i don't even track.
either way i'm happy i did the mod. No buyers remorse anymore and i enjoy the car.
Heard lots of good things and how safe it is. So id take the risk.
Also if your worried about the dealer finding out. If there was a problem i'm sure the engineers are gonna find that you def had a tune on it. Hence why i bought the car out and did the tune. Wouldn't do it on a lease. My warranty only had a few months left anyways. I'd wait til your warranty is up to be safe!. Hope that helps!
Muskokamarc (02-10-2023)
Old 01-14-2022, 12:33 AM

2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by pwd

There is a reason why reputable tuners do not offer launch control on C43's genious. It's because these cars were not meant to be launched dropping into gear at 3500+RPM. In reading posts and listening to other car owners not so great experience with AMR, i would absolutely not recommend this mod!! You yourself listed 3 reputable tuners who don't offer it, but your willing to take the chance and let AMR do it? And they have burnout mode you say. Does that make any sense??? Our cars are AWD and you want to do a standstill rear wheel burnout!! Wtf do you think you are doing to your drivetrain? Use your brain man!! Does AMR offer a warranty to cover shiit if it breaks like Eurocharged ? Yeah, didn't think so. hummmmm.. wonder why. And at least with Eurocharged were getting more than 430ish hp from their tune. More closer to 480hp at 1/4th THE PRICE!! Use to be 1/3rd but checked out AMR's latest offering and its 4 times the price just to get some burbles and tranny drop your car to death. You can have it. I'll stick with a reputable company who have integrity and credibility over your Yahoo tune.

Last edited by Freder8d; 01-14-2022 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Forgot 1 thing.
Old 01-14-2022, 09:07 AM

C43 AMG W205
AMR "launch control" is not some form of special programming. The car works exactly the same as stock. Hold your brake, hit the throttle, release brake. The only difference is that the stock tuning will not rev higher than the stall speed of the torque convertor... for good reason. The torque convertor can "slip" up to a certain rpm to avoid powering the drivetrain when the car is held stationary by its brakes. AMR raised the launch rpm limit. Past the stall speed the engine begins fighting the brakes with the drivetrain stuck in the middle. Some people even hold the brakes and rev until the tq overcomes the rear brakes and spins the rear wheels with the brakes still firmly engaged.

Sure it works. But does it sound clever if you want your car to last? No. And that's why no other tuners do it. They could all do it easily enough, but they all choose not to.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged Tune Special - Thoughts?