Sponsored by:

C43 Pedal Commander Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2022, 06:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
c43
C43 Pedal Commander Question

I’ve always been annoyed with the throttle delay whenever I floor my 2020 c43. The car will wait for about 1 second before giving me full throttle.

I’ve been looking for potential solutions to this issue and found products like pedal commander. I wanted to give it a try but before that I have some questions.

I understand that pedal commander doesn’t give extra horsepower, which is exactly what I need. I don’t want to mess with the ECU, just need a better throttle response.

On the pedal commander there are 4 different modes. I’m just curious what happens when my c43 is on comfort mode but the pedal commander is on sport plus. In this case would throttle response be overwritten by padel commander regardless of which driving mode the car is at? The reason I’m asking this question is that I don’t always put the car on sport+, only when I needed it. So if pedal commander mode will completely override car’s driving mode then I might need to take a few steps back.

Please advise here, much appreciated!
The following users liked this post:
Markh1881 (11-03-2023)
Old 12-30-2022, 01:01 PM

Received 312 Likes on 237 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by AttitudeL
I’ve always been annoyed with the throttle delay whenever I floor my 2020 c43. The car will wait for about 1 second before giving me full throttle.

I’ve been looking for potential solutions to this issue and found products like pedal commander. I wanted to give it a try but before that I have some questions.

I understand that pedal commander doesn’t give extra horsepower, which is exactly what I need. I don’t want to mess with the ECU, just need a better throttle response.

On the pedal commander there are 4 different modes. I’m just curious what happens when my c43 is on comfort mode but the pedal commander is on sport plus. In this case would throttle response be overwritten by padel commander regardless of which driving mode the car is at? The reason I’m asking this question is that I don’t always put the car on sport+, only when I needed it. So if pedal commander mode will completely override car’s driving mode then I might need to take a few steps back.

Just put the car in Sport+ (after warmed up) and leave it there for your whole drive. I perceive virtually no delay in throttle response or automatic gear kick down when mashing the throttle. The issue you perceive is a function of driving it in comfort mode.
Old 12-30-2022, 03:43 PM

c43
Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
Just put the car in Sport+ (after warmed up) and leave it there for your whole drive. I perceive virtually no delay in throttle response or automatic gear kick down when mashing the throttle. The issue you perceive is a function of driving it in comfort mode.
I did experience throttle response delay in sport+.
I went to the dealer today and asked one of their technicians to check it out. He said this throttle delay on sport+ is normal as he heard such complaints many times. He said c43 is a robust car it’s just programmed to have a bit throttle delay. I don’t really understand why mercedes would put some delay on sport+ mode but it is what it is. Oh well.
Old 01-02-2023, 02:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C43 AMG

+1 I would also like to know the answer to this too.

Have any of you noticed that when you put it into full manual paddle shifting, the throttle mapping completely changes? Its especially noticeable on sport+.
Old 01-02-2023, 07:14 AM

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts
2019 GLC 63, 2020 C43 coupe
My GLC43 did this, as well as my C43, and not as bad, but my GLC63 does this just not as bad. On all three cars, turning the traction control system completely off(push & hold), all but eliminated the hesitation.
Old 01-02-2023, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 376 Likes on 327 Posts
Only MBs - the best or nothing

Pedal Commander (nor similar Sprint Booster) does(do) not override car's driving modes.

For example if Pedal Commander (PC) is in the highest response mode (say sport+) and your car is in Comfort mode, you will still get delay but greatly reduced vs. stock. Now when both are in Sport+ - you will get no delay. All PC (and other similar devices) does(do) is to greatly reduce (if not to totally eliminate) a built in delay in a given stock car mode - from some delay in car Comfort mode to no delay in car Sport+. The amount of delay in a given car mode is controlled by a given setting in PC, but comparison is only to delay in a stock car without PC.

The most important point is that the car will become much more enjoyable to drive in Comfort mode - you will retain all comfort perks of the Comfort mode with greatly (depending on PC's setting) reduced delay.
Old 01-02-2023, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Pedal Commander (nor similar Sprint Booster) does(do) not override car's driving modes.

For example if Pedal Commander (PC) is in the highest response mode (say sport+) and your car is in Comfort mode, you will still get delay but greatly reduced vs. stock. Now when both are in Sport+ - you will get no delay. All PC (and other similar devices) does(do) is to greatly reduce (if not to totally eliminate) a built in delay in a given stock car mode - from some delay in car Comfort mode to no delay in car Sport+. The amount of delay in a given car mode is controlled by a given setting in PC, but comparison is only to delay in a stock car without PC.

The most important point is that the car will become much more enjoyable to drive in Comfort mode - you will retain all comfort perks of the Comfort mode with greatly (depending on PC's setting) reduced throttle delay.
Old 01-03-2023, 12:02 PM

c43
Originally Posted by threeMBs

The most important point is that the car will become much more enjoyable to drive in Comfort mode - you will retain all comfort perks of the Comfort mode with greatly (depending on PC's setting) reduced throttle delay.

Thanks so much with your reply. I guess only thing to find this out is to buy the product. One thing I’m a little worried is the car warranty. I did my research and they all said using throttle controller shouldn’t compromise the warranty. But these infomercials come from the product website, ofc they will say this. So I’m still worried a bit.
Old 01-03-2023, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have used Sprint Booster (a similar device to Pedal Commander) on all (at least ten or so) my MB cars over the last dozen years. Never an issue. The worst that can happen (a pure speculation on my part since I never heard of an issue) is a potential to needing to replace the accelerator pedal (this is not costly).
The following users liked this post:
AttitudeL (01-03-2023)
Old 11-03-2023, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Delayed Throttle C43 AMG Coupe

Originally Posted by C43HeartBoost
I have a 2022 C43 AMG Coupe with just 8,000 miles on the clock and experience the exact same thing, No warning lights, but took it in to garage, and just had Purge pressure sensor B4/4' on fuel evaporation circuit replaced, it runs like a complete different car now, instant response with no delays, I hope this information helps, and hope you enjoy your 43 once again when all fixed 👍