C43 TCU limitation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB
C43 TCU limitation

Hello

Does someone who runs on stage 2 and have latest TCU update from dealer notice less power unless turn off completely traction control?

For several months I was trying to understand why my car cut power and I notice yesterday when i drive for whole day with completely turned off TC that the car produce it's power as should be (as it was before but with turned on TC)

Is really weird to turn off all the time TC to have my power as before when TC is on

I do know that even with turned TC the car cuts bit of power but now cuts a way lot, not sure how to handle that

Should I ask the mapper to do new ECU stage 2 or I will need some TCU stage..
Old 05-09-2024, 11:04 AM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 Mercedes C400
If the dealership touched the ECU/TCU then you will most likely need a retune. Plus the old tune was probably tuned for stock TCU, after the dealership updated the TCU, the ECU is probably off or not tuned for the new update.
Old 05-09-2024, 12:57 PM

MB
Originally Posted by allanyeung99
If the dealership touched the ECU/TCU then you will most likely need a retune. Plus the old tune was probably tuned for stock TCU, after the dealership updated the TCU, the ECU is probably off or not tuned for the new update.
what the mapper told me is that the remap values are the same as previous remap to have the same power as before BUT i feel something is not as should be because of the TCU cutting power, he tried to do 3 diff maps and still same behaviour, the issue is that he can't do TCU and im thinking if I should go to another tunner
Old 05-09-2024, 11:13 PM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 Mercedes C400
I'm assuming you sent data logs to the tuner and he sent you maps back? If so, having it on a dyno is better, you can read the the car's performance better.
Old 05-11-2024, 06:56 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
C43 AMG W205
Yes. The latest dealer tune will update the trans tune independent of your ECU tune, and theres some kind of limitation added. I went to reload my ECU tune afterwards, and it was already there, same version. But the trans code was different. Car has lost boost and power after low rpms. I will try the no traction control thing... would be great to get the power back.
Old 05-12-2024, 06:11 AM

MB
Originally Posted by DirtyDD
Yes. The latest dealer tune will update the trans tune independent of your ECU tune, and theres some kind of limitation added. I went to reload my ECU tune afterwards, and it was already there, same version. But the trans code was different. Car has lost boost and power after low rpms. I will try the no traction control thing... would be great to get the power back.
it seems this isn't issue only on my side, but with driving w/o TC isn't very safe as its easy to go sideways unexpectedly

not sure either how i can remove this limitation or to revert somehow my TCU version if possible without having old version files
Old 05-12-2024, 06:14 AM

MB
Originally Posted by allanyeung99
I'm assuming you sent data logs to the tuner and he sent you maps back? If so, having it on a dyno is better, you can read the the car's performance better.
no i went to him he pull my ecu stock file and did the remap and then upload it, without dyno, but even prev time when he did it it was without dyno and all was smooth and great BUT now with this update something is wrong and i can feel how the car cuts the power even though i have changed all valves (turbo, tranducer, vacuum pump) nothing so far..
Old 05-18-2024, 06:31 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
C43 AMG W205
I tried the car with and without TC on, and it makes zero difference. The car is the same speed off the line, but then somethings holding it back in the higher rpms.

History is I unloaded ECU tune from car, dealer updated TCU but not ECU (when I got it back the original ECU tune loaded back on which doesnt work if they update it). The jerky 1st gear rubbish in S+ has been completely fixed since the moment the dealer updated it which is a plus.

At some point I'd like to get it on the dyno and see if we can see whats going on since their update
Old 05-26-2024, 06:07 PM

MB
Originally Posted by DirtyDD
I tried the car with and without TC on, and it makes zero difference. The car is the same speed off the line, but then somethings holding it back in the higher rpms.

History is I unloaded ECU tune from car, dealer updated TCU but not ECU (when I got it back the original ECU tune loaded back on which doesnt work if they update it). The jerky 1st gear rubbish in S+ has been completely fixed since the moment the dealer updated it which is a plus.

At some point I'd like to get it on the dyno and see if we can see whats going on since their update
really weird bro and idk how to handle this to solve it completly, i wrote complain to MB in May last year and no answer since then.. try to make complain about it, since you can load your stage, what about if you stay on stock map, do you get full boost, this is something that i don't notice, also which company you have your stage?