Sponsored by:

Just preordered the C63...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007 | 01:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Audi A4
Originally Posted by 360_iti
Wow, I've never heard of anyone owning 2 CL63s in one household before.
I'd love to see a pic of them in the garage.
Next time I visit them I will get a pic for you... One is silver, one is grey... Pretty sick for sure. Just send me your email...
Old 09-17-2007 | 02:50 PM

A Black 1
I think what's going on here is that he secured his reservation spot with a deposit. He may have said order it loaded, but they'll most likely call him back once pricing and options are available for actual ordering. With years of ordering cars behind me, I'm betting this is what's going on and he fluffed it a bit by saying it's been comfirmed as an order.

Last edited by GermanCarFan; 09-17-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2007 | 03:08 PM

2010 ML63
Originally Posted by GermanCarFan
I think what's going on here is that he secured his reservation spot with a deposit. He may have said order it loaded, but they'll most likely call him back once pricing and options are available for actual ordering. With years of ordering cars behind me, I'm betting this is what's going on here and he fluffed it a bit by saying it's been comfirmed as an order.
This is exactly the case in my situation - I've secured one of my dealer's allocations with my deposit. On the form, we noted that I wanted white exterior w/ black interior, 'loaded'. However, when it's time for the dealer to actually spec the car with the factory, the dealer and I will agree on specific options.

My salesman wasn't sure, but he was saying that the specification process may occur as early as November (in anticipation of an April delivery). I supposedly have the 'first' allocation for that dealer (Hoehn, in Carlsbad, CA).
Old 09-17-2007 | 03:41 PM
Almost a Member!

Audi A4
Originally Posted by egtgrant
This is exactly the case in my situation - I've secured one of my dealer's allocations with my deposit. On the form, we noted that I wanted white exterior w/ black interior, 'loaded'. However, when it's time for the dealer to actually spec the car with the factory, the dealer and I will agree on specific options.

My salesman wasn't sure, but he was saying that the specification process may occur as early as November (in anticipation of an April delivery). I supposedly have the 'first' allocation for that dealer (Hoehn, in Carlsbad, CA).
I'm sure your right actually... I was told first allocation for my dealer as well. But the strange thing is a have a confirmation that it was ordered. What it must be saying is that the order is pending until all options are able to be choosen...
Old 09-17-2007 | 03:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Audi A4
I think what's going on here is that he secured his reservation spot with a deposit. He may have said order it loaded, but they'll most likely call him back once pricing and options are available for actual ordering. With years of ordering cars behind me, I'm betting this is what's going on and he fluffed it a bit by saying it's been comfirmed as an order.
Good call... Although I am not fuffing anything... I do have a order confirmation. But like I said in the post above it must be pending... And then in Nov or whatever it will be final. Works for me...
Old 09-17-2007 | 03:53 PM
jt2

Originally Posted by LakeShow41
Good call... Although I am not fuffing anything... I do have a order confirmation. But like I said in the post above it must be pending... And then in Nov or whatever it will be final. Works for me...
I think that the dealer may have sandbagged you a bit on the confirmation. As others have said, it is highly doubtful that MBUSA would accept an actual order at this point. However, they may have secured allocation.

Regardless, it just reaffirms the axiom that no matter what you post on an internet forum, at least one person will come out of the woodwork and call you a liar and/or question your intellect/parentage/integrity/etc.
Old 09-17-2007 | 04:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Audi A4
Originally Posted by jt2
I think that the dealer may have sandbagged you a bit on the confirmation. As others have said, it is highly doubtful that MBUSA would accept an actual order at this point. However, they may have secured allocation.

Regardless, it just reaffirms the axiom that no matter what you post on an internet forum, at least one person will come out of the woodwork and call you a liar and/or question your intellect/parentage/integrity/etc.
True that! haha. Thanks for the post.
Old 09-17-2007 | 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by LakeShow41
How's it dumb? I'll get the car before anyone... And if it's not exactly what I want I walk away with my 2k... Not really seeing the downside... It's a C63 AMG, it's not a toyota... They come loaded with few options to choose from. My parents are both on there 3rd AMG cars... This time they are both CL63 AMGs... I think the know what's going on. Peace.
I don't know how people are thinking it is dumb? I agree with you. It does not hurt a bit, it only benefits you. The way I see it is you put some money down to secure the first right to buy, and if for any reason you change your mind, you just take your money back and no harm done. This is probably the best way to go on any new car.....

Enjoy the C63 man, it will be a BLAST
Old 09-17-2007 | 05:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Audi A4
Originally Posted by MB_Forever
I don't know how people are thinking it is dumb? I agree with you. It does not hurt a bit, it only benefits you. The way I see it is you put some money down to secure the first right to buy, and if for any reason you change your mind, you just take your money back and no harm done. This is probably the best way to go on any new car.....

Enjoy the C63 man, it will be a BLAST
Thank you... I appreciate it. I'm sure it will be amazing... Like your car list! Nice.
Old 09-17-2007 | 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Ok the reality of this situation is that there is no way possible to "order" a C63. Its not listed in netstar and it has not been allocated to anyone.

What you can do is call up a dealership and tell them you want their first allocation slot.

So likely he has his name on the list and the first C63 that they get will go to him.

Once they get an allocation slot they can assign a name to the order and mark it as sold. As the car get closer to production and once options are finalized, the dealership will ask the buyer what his final request is (or the sure should ask). Then about a month before production the car will be finalized and the order is set in stone build spec wise.

So at this time no one has an car "ordered" with the factory because they dont exist.

But if anyone wants the first C63 to a dealership they really need to be on a list because I think this car will sell like hot cakes.
Old 09-17-2007 | 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
Ok the reality of this situation is that there is no way possible to "order" a C63. Its not listed in netstar and it has not been allocated to anyone.

What you can do is call up a dealership and tell them you want their first allocation slot.

So likely he has his name on the list and the first C63 that they get will go to him.

Once they get an allocation slot they can assign a name to the order and mark it as sold. As the car get closer to production and once options are finalized, the dealership will ask the buyer what his final request is (or the sure should ask). Then about a month before production the car will be finalized and the order is set in stone build spec wise.

So at this time no one has an car "ordered" with the factory because they dont exist.

But if anyone wants the first C63 to a dealership they really need to be on a list because I think this car will sell like hot cakes.
+1
Old 09-19-2007 | 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Congrats and just "Brush" the haters off
Old 09-20-2007 | 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Bingo, exactly what I was waiting for someone to say. You can't order a car that isn't in the system yet, but you can be first in in line at a dealer when ordering can be done. Big difference.

M
Old 09-20-2007 | 12:54 PM

V8, Flat 6, V6, & Turbo flat 4
congrats, that's gonna be a awesome ride.
Old 09-20-2007 | 03:03 PM

12 CLS550, 09 CLS550, 04Cooper,10 Cooper S
if you get on a list now, the dealer should contact you when they have a build. You then spec the car out and take delivery when it comes over.

If people are getting on lists now, they should have a build late dec, early jan. Delievry in April.
Old 09-20-2007 | 05:43 PM
iku

slk32(gone), 08 c63.
^ i agree with him. i placed my deposit in the early augest, and my dealer informed me that the car will prob be delivered in april!
Old 09-20-2007 | 06:11 PM

2005 Silver Mercedes C230k, 2005 Diamond Black Mercedes C230k, 2006 White BMW 330i
Originally Posted by 360_iti
Wow, I've never heard of anyone owning 2 CL63s in one household before.
I'd love to see a pic of them in the garage.
I completely agree with this ^
Why buy two of the same $150k+ cars? Doesn't make any sense. I understand they love MB but. . . buy the S65 AMG or the SL65 AMG.
It isn't logical buying the exact same car twice and i dont know anyone that would, regardless of wealth.
Who here would honestly want to spend $300k on two cars, but still only pretty much one option to drive everyday?
Not me. I would much rather buy the S65 AMG or the SL65 AMG in addition to the CL63 just to change things up.
Not trying to hate on the poster but it seems to be
Old 09-21-2007 | 03:10 AM
Almost a Member!

Audi A4
Originally Posted by xPauLBaiLeyx
I completely agree with this ^
Why buy two of the same $150k+ cars? Doesn't make any sense. I understand they love MB but. . . buy the S65 AMG or the SL65 AMG.
It isn't logical buying the exact same car twice and i dont know anyone that would, regardless of wealth.
Who here would honestly want to spend $300k on two cars, but still only pretty much one option to drive everyday?
Not me. I would much rather buy the S65 AMG or the SL65 AMG in addition to the CL63 just to change things up.
Not trying to hate on the poster but it seems to be
I guess you've never met anyone in the greatful dead... And ever heard of matching his and hers? I agree... I wouldn't buy two of them. But when you want matching his and hers with tons of money, then go for it...
Old 09-21-2007 | 08:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rdk
Every source I have seen says March/April 08. Where is the August date coming from?

Originally Posted by motivemagazine.com
The C63 is a surprising effort from AMG. Usually content to swap in a mighty engine and heftier brakes, Mercedes' in-house tuner went big this time, facing off against its smallest, but fiercest, competition. It hasn't magically turned the C63 into a BMW - it's more stout and rigid and heavily muscled than the M3. But when it goes on sale here in August '08, it will cost $63,000, and it will finally give BMW something to think about.
There you go.

Originally Posted by jtc55
^^^ dude, i don't think your salesman knows what the hell he's talking about -- base $55k, that's less than the C55's base price

Incorrect, the base on the 2005 C55 was $53,900. I still have my window sticker.

Last edited by sdsilverm3; 09-21-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-21-2007 | 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Originally Posted by sdsilverm3
There you go.

Incorrect, the base on the 2005 C55 was $53,900. I still have my window sticker.
ok, i knew it was somewhere around $55k, i was off by $1100 but the point i was making was that no way in hell is the C63 going for $55k base (try more like $63k) even the new E92 will be going for around low $60s.
Old 09-22-2007 | 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Congrats man
Old 09-22-2007 | 01:47 PM
MBH

2005 E55 Delivered 01/07/05
I Don't understand how anyone can order any car with no list of options and no price sheet???? You mean you put a deposit down for one.
Old 09-23-2007 | 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG 2002, C 63 AMG 2009
Once "Again" congrats and enjoy the ride
Old 09-24-2007 | 12:43 AM

Too many to list
Originally Posted by MBH
I Don't understand how anyone can order any car with no list of options and no price sheet???? You mean you put a deposit down for one.
Obviously, the original poster didn't know it was only for a spot on the dealer's allocation shipment.
Old 09-24-2007 | 02:19 AM

'07 Toyota Tacoma, '89 LS190, '07 Kawasaki Ultra 250X
Congrats to the allocation.
Audi A4 to an AMG C63, quite the step.

If my parents rolled his and hers CL63's and parked them in the same garage, I'd be throwing pics everywhere.

Do they have a weekend car?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just preordered the C63...