C63 or new Skyline GTR?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 slk55
I'm sure I'm not in the minority, just wanted to say...

I had no interest in this car about 1 month ago. Now, I keep finding myself scour various forums to read more. Man, never thought I'd long for a Nissan.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I just saw the pics for all the computer engine readings...

that is

Love the C6 Z06 and probably will be faster top end..best performance.

but anything under 120mph.. AWD, TT and DSG will be hard to beat. It looks great and the interior is sporty but tasteful.

Add a piggy back or ECU tune and few minor bolts on.. it will not be too far behind.

its a winner in my book.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:01 AM

E63 biturbo
Just put my deposit for a black edition black GTR today! Hope to get it in January
Old 10-26-2007, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by Jspeed
Just put my deposit for a black edition black GTR today! Hope to get it in January
Nice, you get the red and black interior? What options did they ask you about? Bose? Also did you order the car or was it a deposit to get the car built? What # in line are you?

Congrats.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:07 AM

E63 biturbo
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Nice, you get the red and black interior? What options did they ask you about? Bose? Also did you order the car or was it a deposit to get the car built? What # in line are you?

Congrats.
The dealer told me interior would be red and black, and I didn't add on any options (which are as far as I remember: titanium muffler, Bose sound system or alarm system.) However in some spec sheets it seemed that the Bose sound system was listed under standard features, so I'm not too sure what that is about.

As for the deposit it is for a build slot my dealer secured from a supplier in Japan, which will start in Nov or early Dec. I'm not sure what # in line I am, but it is promised that the car will be shipped out before Christmas. So hope to get it on the road by mid January, or end of January latest ...
Old 10-26-2007, 11:08 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
I wasn't aware ppl will get GTRs in Singapore that early. From Nissan's press release, (2 days ago) Japan is scheduled to have GTRs for sale December 2007. Japan will be the only market in the beginning. America is next on the list in June 2008. Then the rest of the world in the Fall or Winter of 2008. So I really don't think Singapore will get it in January 2008. I know the Aussies are dying to have these bad boys too, but looks like they will have to wait until Fall 2008.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:09 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
Europe is scheduled to get the GTRs after America, so looks like Fall or Winter 2008.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:11 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
Production numbers are 1000-1200 a month, so looks like at least 12,000 GTRs will be made the first year, worldwide. The engine and DSG are built by Nissan's best engineers in a special room of the factory called the "Clean Room"
Old 10-26-2007, 11:17 AM

E63 biturbo
I know a few dealers here have secured a number of build slots from the first batch of manufacture. There will be a good 10-15 GTRs arriving in Singapore in December as far as I know. These are all grey imports though as the Nissan distributor in Singapore is not bringing in the GTR this time around.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:19 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
I know a few dealers here have secured a number of build slots from the first batch of manufacture. There will be a good 10-15 GTRs arriving in Singapore in December as far as I know. These are all grey imports though as the Nissan distributor in Singapore is not bringing in the GTR this time around.
Wow...must be then....

Interesting...I can't wait to see some of your pics then! Good luck and let us know when you get it! I really can't wait. I'm thinking about going to the LA auto show just to see one in person! Haha....
Old 10-26-2007, 11:22 AM

E63 biturbo
Sure no problem! And I will be hoping it looks good in a black/black color combination. Wanted to get dark grey at first but I heard 8 out of 10 cars coming here will be in that color.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Yes, Sunny is correct as Carlos G himself said this in the unveiling of the GT-R at TMS...

Yeah Jspeed, you are probably going to get yours imported straight out of Japan then if thats the case. You better give a FULL writeup of this car with plenty of pictures and videos

Sunny, you know if Skyler spoke to his dealer about this car and if he found out anymore info? I'm so worried that something is going to get screwed up with my dealer and either he won't be getting the car or they'll go back on their word and add 15k to the sticker. Thanks man.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:59 AM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
In the spirit of keeping with the OP topic, here's a Winding Road review on the C63. It's going to be a great car too.

http://magazine.windingroad.com/wind...0712/?folio=31
Old 10-26-2007, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by dsb
In the spirit of keeping with the OP topic, here's a Winding Road review on the C63. It's going to be a great car too.

No doubt, I absolutely love the C63. This car is a big step in the right direction for Mercedes. I was talking with a sales manager at a MB dealership this morning about the C63 and how I just wish MB came up with a sequential tranny and he said that he's also heard rumors that very soon MB will release a dual clutch tranny. Lets hope.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 E63
Originally Posted by dsb

thanks for the review

i'm so excited now b/c it mentions that the P30 performance package will indeed include 19s

can't wait til April 08 to get my C63
Old 10-26-2007, 02:31 PM
spr
MBWorld Fanatic!

cool article and very AWESOME to finally know that 030 will include the 19's and the alcantra wheel!!! Neat!
Old 10-26-2007, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R35 GT-R, EvoX
Originally Posted by jtc55
thanks for the review

i'm so excited now b/c it mentions that the P30 performance package will indeed include 19s

can't wait til April 08 to get my C63
Yup...it'll take a serious car to top your current one...but I think the C63 is one of the few that'll suceed.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
No doubt the GT-R has generated at lot of excitement with its Ring times. If I were a porsche dealer I'd see if my life policy has a suicide exclusion. Not becasue the GT-R eclipses the turbo's performance, it makes the entire 911 line (cab excepted) obsolete.
Just a word of caution, I remember when the Supra came out with incredible times 0-60 never to be duplicated with the production cars. All these times appear to be with prototypes. Secondly, if the dealer has to pay $50k to get franchise on the GT-R, you're dreaming if you think this car is going to come in under 70k. Look for a big market adjustment for a while.
Jimmy
Old 10-26-2007, 04:58 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
No doubt the GT-R has generated at lot of excitement with its Ring times. If I were a porsche dealer I'd see if my life policy has a suicide exclusion. Not becasue the GT-R eclipses the turbo's performance, it makes the entire 911 line (cab excepted) obsolete.
Just a word of caution, I remember when the Supra came out with incredible times 0-60 never to be duplicated with the production cars. All these times appear to be with prototypes. Secondly, if the dealer has to pay $50k to get franchise on the GT-R, you're dreaming if you think this car is going to come in under 70k. Look for a big market adjustment for a while.
Jimmy

Do you really think 911 buyers will jump ship that easily? Z06s are cheaper than Carreras and will absolutely smoke them (as will C6s)but I doubt there were that many defections. Maybe Im wrong.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a C32 AMG & S-Works Tarmac
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
Jimmy
Porsche-philes will always be Porsche-philes. As one myself, I can admire the performance and technology of the GT-R but would NEVER consider owning a rice-rocket. The 911 is for the purist, the afficionado and the traditionalist. Porsche is a cult of speed. Are they always going the be the fastest cars (on paper)? No. Ferrari won't be either. But they will always sell every car they can produce, at a premium price, because there are enough people that desire that combination of daily driver comfort, speed, beauty and quality. And, yes, I agree wholeheatedly, that you will not find an new GT-R for $70,000, anywhere. Dealers will mark them up $20K to $50K, mark my word.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
Originally Posted by ScottW911
Porsche-philes will always be Porsche-philes. As one myself, I can admire the performance and technology of the GT-R but would NEVER consider owning a rice-rocket. The 911 is for the purist, the afficionado and the traditionalist. Porsche is a cult of speed. Are they always going the be the fastest cars (on paper)? No. Ferrari won't be either. But they will always sell every car they can produce, at a premium price, because there are enough people that desire that combination of daily driver comfort, speed, beauty and quality. And, yes, I agree wholeheatedly, that you will not find an new GT-R for $70,000, anywhere. Dealers will mark them up $20K to $50K, mark my word.

I agree with some of your points. Not many Porsche fans will get a GT-R fans because many are Porsche fans, not speed/hp fans. Some might, people will see the value of the GT-R and make the switch like my uncle, he was in the market to sell his 996 GT2 and pick-up a 997 turbo but he will be holding off in order to get the GT-R. Not everyone is obsessed with speed like I said, it’s the entire package. For me, I would not have a problem with the GT-R because it is a well-built car. I don’t however get your point of the GT-R being a “rice-rocket.” What would make the GT-R a rice-rocket? Just because it’s Japanese? If that’s the case then every Japanese car is a rice-rocket. I'm predicting a 20-30k mark-up.....not 50k. I doubt they will mark-up a 50% price increase.

Last edited by user 76208202; 10-26-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:30 PM

BMW M6/Cayenne Turbo
R U sure? That would mean dealers all over the world can do the same thing. Do you really think Nissan Japan would allow this? I dont think so.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK550
Originally Posted by Amiricanmade
I agree with some of your points. Not many Porsche fans will get a GT-R fans because many are Porsche fans, not speed/hp fans. Some might, people will see the value of the GT-R and make the switch like my uncle, he was in the market to sell his 996 GT2 and pick-up a 997 turbo but he will be holding off in order to get the GT-R. Not everyone is obsessed with speed like I said, it’s the entire package. For me, I would not have a problem with the GT-R because it is a well-built car. I don’t however get your point of the GT-R being a “rice-rocket.” What would make the GT-R a rice-rocket? Just because it’s Japanese? If that’s the case then every Japanese car is a rice-rocket. I'm predicting a 20-30k mark-up.....not 50k. I doubt they will mark-up a 50% price increase.

Link to some good pic's of the GT-R
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...304055&page=16
Old 10-26-2007, 07:04 PM

BMW M6/Cayenne Turbo
I can't wait for the LA auto show!
Old 10-26-2007, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
Originally Posted by chiphomme
Do you really think 911 buyers will jump ship that easily? Z06s are cheaper than Carreras and will absolutely smoke them (as will C6s)but I doubt there were that many defections. Maybe Im wrong.
The faithful are disenchanted. The 997tt is the same old thing and the porschephiles are not snapping up the new models unless it's the GT3s or RS'. My dealer has had the same four turbos over 90 days, so it has not been a huge sale sucess they'ver been accoustom too for a new model. I've owned a lot of porsche's and the arrogant Swabbians brag they make over 23,000 profit per car which is the highest in the auto industry. I'm not going to be contributing to their profitability anytime soon. Why the Cayman S' are 70k and the dealers have to sell 10 of them for every turbo. For those who are more performance driven then posser,...do you want cutting edge technology or modular engined Cayman or 911 which are not the quaility that porsche built its reputation on. The GT-R car will take sales from porsche, I guarantee it.
Jimmy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C63 or new Skyline GTR?