Sponsored by:

C63 or new Skyline GTR?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura MDX
Originally Posted by Dema
I haven't heard about estate, have you? Share your information sources.
LINK
Old 11-20-2007, 04:13 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
It's not just the size, it's the ride quality. The fact the Z06 rides so harshly hamstrings it on uneven pavement. I have vast experience driving in Europe having lived there for 22 years and even cars like S-line Audis and sport packaged BMWs struggle and bounce their tires clear of the road. Manufacturers have realized this so have input more compliance into even their new high performance models. ie. B7 RS4, E90 M3.

As regards size, a well driven Evo VI is quicker than say an F430 from A-B on a backroad as the Ferrari is simply too wide. Place them on a wide open road though and of course the oposite is true.

I'm not going to get in a huge debate about this but the guy said a Z06 doesn't belong on European roads. Sorry but that's just stupid. Many European sports cars have harsh rides, eg 911 GT3. The Z06 isn't my cup of tea but to say it isn't a great sports car and doesn't belong on European roads is moronic.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by chiphomme
I'm not going to get in a huge debate about this but the guy said a Z06 doesn't belong on European roads. Sorry but that's just stupid. Many European sports cars have harsh rides, eg 911 GT3. The Z06 isn't my cup of tea but to say it isn't a great sports car and doesn't belong on European roads is moronic.
I know exactly what you're saying and agree the C6 Z06 offers tremendous ability. Just for the record, the 997 GT3 due to PASM is a vast improvement for on-road use over its 996 predecessor. I have experience in the 996 GT3 and it was a nightmare when hitting mid-corner bumps.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:36 PM

na
Nissan GT-R presented the GT-R at the Los Angeles Auto Show and it seems it was a real success among the shows visitors. And at a price of $69,850, Nissan expects to sell around 1,500 units a year after the GT-R will be launched on the US market next summer.

In communications scheduled to have gone out to Nissan’s 1,070 retailers Friday and Saturday, the automaker said it will offer two versions of the car, one for $69,850 and another for $71,900. But some retailers envision markups of as much as $15,000 per car.
---
Bad dealer markups is a no go. Car is great, otherwise.
The benz dealers better not do this with the C63
Old 11-20-2007, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by smthkat789
Nissan GT-R presented the GT-R at the Los Angeles Auto Show and it seems it was a real success among the shows visitors. And at a price of $69,850, Nissan expects to sell around 1,500 units a year after the GT-R will be launched on the US market next summer.

In communications scheduled to have gone out to Nissan’s 1,070 retailers Friday and Saturday, the automaker said it will offer two versions of the car, one for $69,850 and another for $71,900. But some retailers envision markups of as much as $15,000 per car.
---
Bad dealer markups is a no go. Car is great, otherwise.
The benz dealers better not do this with the C63
Markups are a sick joke. Keyes AudiVan Nuys currently have an R8 at $35k overlist. Ridiculous.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:55 AM

2000 Honda S2000
Why would you even compare these two cars.. The c63 isn't aiming at supercar status. It's another super fast luxury sedan.
Old 11-23-2007, 02:01 AM

C200TCDI Sports Edition
Originally Posted by Ppower
yeah, and what's so euro about Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo(oh they are owned by Ford hmm), Lamborghini(which at one time was owned by Chyrsler)...etc. Then there was Cosworth which was owned by Ford at one time too, which uses the Ford Inline-4 Duratec for motor.

Or Mazda(oops Ford again).

Opel...owned by Chevy....

Isuzu...chevy owns part of and used to have controlling ownership of.

So what's your point again about American cars are so bad and foreign ones so good...specially when so many American companies either own or have interest in the other car companies.

True, a lot of manufacturers have been owned by American companies but the design of those cars reflects the countries in which they came from, Volvo, Jaguar, Land Rover may all be owed by Ford but there is bugger all, if any Ford US design in any of them, there is also a vast difference between a ford Europe Ford and the crap made in the US.

And what's the main reason why American motor companies have bought foreign companies, I'll tell you the cars built by Americans for Americans have never really found favour with markets outside of North America, they hjad to by other companes or set up overseas divisions staffed by locals making cars for locals, Ford Europe is a good example, they design and build cars for the European market, they also design cars for the US like the Focus which the US designers couldn't design as well as the Euros can.

Back to the Corvette, it might be a great car in the US but in Europe it's totally outclassed by the competition over here, if it were as good you would see thousands rolling out the dealership doors every year.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:36 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by KiwiRobbie
Back to the Corvette, it might be a great car in the US but in Europe it's totally outclassed by the competition over here, if it were as good you would see thousands rolling out the dealership doors every year.

Outclassed by what? At what price? And at what?
You don't know what you're talking about.
The Z06 is a very formidable car. It's too in your face for my taste but what it does it does well.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Its suppose to be in the 650 range. And are you seriously doubting the Z06s performance prowess? It's a monster. It'll run in a straight line with an SL65 and a 911 GT3 and Turbo on the track.
As far as the Euro press panning it youre wrong again. The Brits loved it.
Evo gave it the 2006 car of the Year, Fifth Gear loved it, and so did Top Gear(aside from Jeremys anti American bias)
Evo gave something from Italy car of the year in 2006. What's one less than 600?

The Corvette came midfield and it probably would have been less than that except the test was held on smooth roads.

Regards

Andy
Old 11-24-2007, 12:17 PM

The Z06 is American and the American's haven't built a decent car since the 1930's.
The Ford GT was Evo car of the year in 2005. It beat Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche

Regards

Andy
Old 11-24-2007, 01:28 PM

C200TCDI Sports Edition
You're right it was I think it was the first american car to ever get that title in Europe, it's a shame that the build quality on the thing is really poor and they have lots of electrical problems.

It's very hard trying to think of any american designed vehicle that has ever been a sales success in Europe, I think that says a lot.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 PM

2008 C300W4 Sport, 2006 Honda CBR600F4i
yeah but look at what the ford gt with the same miles as the ferrari, lambo, and porsche is for resale value compared.. i'm pretty sure the ford is the worst!
Old 11-24-2007, 04:45 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by Andy7oaks
Evo gave something from Italy car of the year in 2006. What's one less than 600?

The Corvette came midfield and it probably would have been less than that except the test was held on smooth roads.

Regards

Andy

sorry this threw me

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetev...vette_z06.html

probably just one of the cars in the running. didn't dig deep enough i guess
Old 11-26-2007, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
The biggest reason a Z06 is not competitive in Europe is that the import duties almost double the price of the car. If the U.S. charged import duties like some other nations all imported cars would cost double what they do now.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:16 PM

2007 S550 (S65 Package)
go with the skyline if u can get one.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:23 AM

C200TCDI Sports Edition
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
The biggest reason a Z06 is not competitive in Europe is that the import duties almost double the price of the car. If the U.S. charged import duties like some other nations all imported cars would cost double what they do now.

Rubbish, you can buy a new Z06 in the UK for £62,000, a C6 for £53,000, it's cheaper than a 911. They don't sell well because people don't want them, it's that simple. Why must people keep on trying to defend a car which just doesn't work well in Europe, it was designed for American roads not European ones, if you have ever been to Europe you would know the difference.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32
Rubbish, you can buy a new Z06 in the UK for £62,000, a C6 for £53,000, it's cheaper than a 911. They don't sell well because people don't want them, it's that simple. Why must people keep on trying to defend a car which just doesn't work well in Europe, it was designed for American roads not European ones, if you have ever been to Europe you would know the difference.
So you are saying that a C6 costs $80K in Europe for a car that cost $44k in the U.S. You are just making my point.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Give a technical objective reason the Z06 wouldn't work well on European roads versus a GT3, an SLR, an F430, an M6, a Zonda, a Lambo, etc.
Is the wheel base wrong? Suspension too stiff? what?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:41 PM

C200TCDI Sports Edition
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
So you are saying that a C6 costs $80K in Europe for a car that cost $44k in the U.S. You are just making my point.
The Porsche is cheaper in the US than in Europe, so what's your point. My point is the Z06 and C6 are still a lot cheaper in Europe than a 911 but people don't want to own them.

A co worker of mine owns a C6, she thought it would be a bit of a laugh, however she doesn't think it's any good as a daily driver, it's a weekend only car, whereas a 911 is a car you can use easily any day of the week.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:47 PM

C200TCDI Sports Edition
Give a technical objective reason the Z06 wouldn't work well on European roads versus a GT3, an SLR, an F430, an M6, a Zonda, a Lambo, etc.
Is the wheel base wrong? Suspension too stiff? what?
a lot of the cars you mentioned bar the GT3 are also pretty big and not very easy to drive fast on the average euro back road, they are all a little wide and cumbersome on anything but the smoothest of blacktop, I also believe they are built primarily for the US and middle eastern markets, not europe.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AW '05 C55
For those who have BBC-America, TOP Gear had the Stigg run the new Z06 on their test track. It finished it faster than the Ferrari F430 and a number of other cars that I can't remember. But beating the F430 stuck in my mind.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:00 AM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
a lot of the cars you mentioned bar the GT3 are also pretty big and not very easy to drive fast on the average euro back road, they are all a little wide and cumbersome on anything but the smoothest of blacktop, I also believe they are built primarily for the US and middle eastern markets, not europe.
So Mercedes, Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani, and BMW build flagship cars that don't work well on European roads? Yeah right. Same goes for Aston , Jaguar, Bentley, and Audi?
Old 11-28-2007, 08:13 AM

C200TCDI Sports Edition
Originally Posted by cldriver
For those who have BBC-America, TOP Gear had the Stigg run the new Z06 on their test track. It finished it faster than the Ferrari F430 and a number of other cars that I can't remember. But beating the F430 stuck in my mind.

It did but the 360CS was faster then the Z06, I bet the new 430 Scuderia will be much faster than the 360CS. To compare apples with apples you need to compare the base 430 with the base C6 and the Scuderia with the Z06.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:29 AM

C200TCDI Sports Edition
So Mercedes, Ferrari, Lambo, Pagani, and BMW build flagship cars that don't work well on European roads? Yeah right. Same goes for Aston , Jaguar, Bentley, and Audi?
Finally you managed to get my point, smaller more dynamic cars work much better on European roads than the big lumbering behemoths which are favoured by Americans. Where do you think the largest market for all the cars you have mentioned above is, it's not Europe for sure, BMW sell more 7 series in the US than in Europe, ditto S Class & A8, North Americans favour larger cars Europeans favour smaller ones, we have less space and our roads are narrower, ever been in the middle of a Euro city, the streets are a lot narrower than say NY or LA.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:36 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Finally you managed to get my point, smaller more dynamic cars work much better on European roads than the big lumbering behemoths which are favoured by Americans. Where do you think the largest market for all the cars you have mentioned above is, it's not Europe for sure, BMW sell more 7 series in the US than in Europe, ditto S Class & A8, North Americans favour larger cars Europeans favour smaller ones, we have less space and our roads are narrower, ever been in the middle of a Euro city, the streets are a lot narrower than say NY or LA.
And you've failed to get mine. I was being sarcastic.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C63 or new Skyline GTR?