Why no talk of Audi S5 here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chiphomme
What color is the sky in your world?
What are you scared? To bad you live so far I would invite you for some fun.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:57 PM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Originally Posted by jonmartin
What are you scared? To bad you live so far I would invite you for some fun.
No. I just think you're an idiot.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Bottom line is that the S5 is a quick car with some interesting qualities. It has a typical Audi interior (top quality and comfortable), and a bulletproof all wheel drive system. There are cars that will beat it in a drag race; and there are cars that will beat it around a racetrack.

But if I had to pick a car to have in my garage to get me to and from work, every day, rain, shine or snow, at highway speeds, and at a bumper-to-bumper crawl, and to do it in style, it is very hard to beat an S5.

In truth, the A5 is the real steal. Much less expensive than the S5, and other than outright speed, you get all the goodies.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E550 4Matic, 2002 M3 Vert
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
Bottom line is that the S5 is a quick car with some interesting qualities. It has a typical Audi interior (top quality and comfortable), and a bulletproof all wheel drive system. There are cars that will beat it in a drag race; and there are cars that will beat it around a racetrack.

But if I had to pick a car to have in my garage to get me to and from work, every day, rain, shine or snow, at highway speeds, and at a bumper-to-bumper crawl, and to do it in style, it is very hard to beat an S5.

In truth, the A5 is the real steal. Much less expensive than the S5, and other than outright speed, you get all the goodies.
Well said. Now I wish I could close this thread because it has become way too over ran with idiotic comments. I agree with you about the A5 though. While not as exclusive it's basically the same car with less power. It's truly not like the difference between a C230 and C55. Although that price difference is also much greater at about double the cost.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche
Compare the quarter mile time & trap speed of this C4s and RS4

Old 02-20-2008, 12:17 AM
Banned

Good for you! just thank your lucky stars your not within reasonable reach I'd drive all the way to your house just to show you your lil CLK is not all that trust me I've beaten better.
Old 02-20-2008, 01:24 AM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
Good for you! just thank your lucky stars your not within reasonable reach I'd drive all the way to your house just to show you your lil CLK is not all that trust me I've beaten better.

Thats the whole problem with your posts, it's all a dick measuring contest for you. Not everyone enjoys tuning a car within a hair of having the engine explode and voiding a warranty on a new vehicle. And not everyone so insecure that they have to try and prove how big and tough they are by making empty threats about driving all the way to house of person they don't even know over a comment in a car forum.
Frankly, if you drove to my house over a post that simply stated an S5 isn't underpowered and that a stock 335i isn't faster than an RS4 I'd get a restraining order against you.
The simple reality is that an S5 is not underpowered. It's not an F430 either(which I'm sure you could whip too in your modded 3 series) but for a little over $50k its a pretty nice performer.

Last edited by chiphomme; 02-20-2008 at 01:27 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:55 AM

06 RS4
....just thank your lucky stars your not within reasonable reach I'd drive all the way to your house just to show you your lil CLK is not all that trust me I've beaten better.
You're real hardcore, aren't you jon? A real badass, right? Like to talk big sh$t online to complete strangers, right? Trust me, your Internet Tough Guy bullsh$t doesn't impressive any of us here who live in the REAL WORLD.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LanuckRS4
You're real hardcore, aren't you jon? A real badass, right? Like to talk big sh$t online to complete strangers, right? Trust me, your Internet Tough Guy bullsh$t doesn't impressive any of us here who live in the REAL WORLD.
And who are you ? Was any body talking to you? NO so kick rocks! I wasn't threatening him personaly if thats what he thought thats his problem he's the one talking about needing a restraining order lol wow are you kidding me ok. I said that statement since he believes the 335 is slower then some POS RS4 or his CLK I can prove him wrong we can do a run I don't have a problem with that since I'm supposedly the "idiot" because I know otherwise. If he's frightend my bad no reason to get all bent out of shape and fear for your life. But like I said NO BODY WAS TALKING TO YOU don't you belong on audizine or something. Whatever I'm not posting anymore but there are some funny characters here
Old 02-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Banned

Thats the whole problem with your posts, it's all a dick measuring contest for you. Not everyone enjoys tuning a car within a hair of having the engine explode and voiding a warranty on a new vehicle. And not everyone so insecure that they have to try and prove how big and tough they are by making empty threats about driving all the way to house of person they don't even know over a comment in a car forum.
Frankly, if you drove to my house over a post that simply stated an S5 isn't underpowered and that a stock 335i isn't faster than an RS4 I'd get a restraining order against you.
The simple reality is that an S5 is not underpowered. It's not an F430 either(which I'm sure you could whip too in your modded 3 series) but for a little over $50k its a pretty nice performer.
First of all I'm not measuring my dick but since your the one that stated that Audi's 350hp is somehow faster then the BMW even though the car weighs alot more I thought that was funny then your proceded to think that I'm an Idiot because my car is supposedly slower then your beloved CLK63 thats fine I merely suggested a run NOT threatening to the **** out of you. I'm assuming thats what you thought I meant since you need a restraining order . Audi's are alot weaker then cars with alot less power because they are fat heavy bricks the article that EKaru posted proves that. The AUDI has 420hp and still got the snot kicked out of it by the Porsche with only 355hp that right there is all I'm saying You're the one assuming that the car is faster because it has a V8 and 50hp more then a 335i I was just simply saying thats not how the world works. I barely have 420hp and would take a complete dump on an RS4 due to weight alone so unless they at least have Bottle of NOS they better not try and find out.According to your theory an E63 has 507hp and I have alot less but I wont get smoked by one simply put (vids posted). Do my post seem like I'm a fanboy fine then whatever I just don't like uninformed statements like that so I don't see how I'm somehow an Idiot becuase I know better then you about a subject. Also my engine has 48k miles (Tuned for over 40k of those) and gets serviced by the dealer under my standard New Car Warranty so enough of that .
Old 02-20-2008, 09:11 AM

2012 Cayenne Turbo
First of all I'm not measuring my dick but since your the one that stated that Audi's 350hp is somehow faster then the BMW even though the car weighs alot more I thought that was funny then your proceded to think that I'm an Idiot because my car is supposedly slower then your beloved CLK63 thats fine I merely suggested a run NOT threatening to the **** out of you. I'm assuming thats what you thought I meant since you need a restraining order . Audi's are alot weaker then cars with alot less power because they are fat heavy bricks the article that EKaru posted proves that. The AUDI has 420hp and still got the snot kicked out of it by the Porsche with only 355hp that right there is all I'm saying You're the one assuming that the car is faster because it has a V8 and 50hp more then a 335i I was just simply saying thats not how the world works. I barely have 420hp and would take a complete dump on an RS4 due to weight alone so unless they at least have Bottle of NOS they better not try and find out.According to your theory an E63 has 507hp and I have alot less but I wont get smoked by one simply put (vids posted). Do my post seem like I'm a fanboy fine then whatever I just don't like uninformed statements like that so I don't see how I'm somehow an Idiot becuase I know better then you about a subject. Also my engine has 48k miles (Tuned for over 40k of those) and gets serviced by the dealer under my standard New Car Warranty so enough of that .

Can you actually read? I said the S5 isn't weak. You're the one blathering on about a stock 335i beating an RS4. Then you keep dragging your tuned 335i into the fold, after I repeatedly said modded cars are irrelevant to this discussion (plus tuning a new car is stupid).
You're a boy that can't control your testosterone.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I believe we have a culture clash here. Not surprising given the binary demographic appeal of the C63.

With the flood of easy credit, and second generation easy wealth, you have a lot of youths coming up from WRXs and 350Zs. They're not too worried about whether a baby seat fits in the back, or if the car is comfortable in a 45 minute, bumper-to-bumper commute. And the online persona tends to be extreme. A lot of their self-identity is defined by how fast their car can go.

On the other extreme, you have old guys like me who just want something interesting in the garage, but still need to carry kids to soccer practice, and trudge to work. I'm still a freak for driving, but my dedicated track car goes 0-60 in 8 seconds+ (slower than my wife's SUV) because I am into the totality of driving (turning, stopping and momentum) and not so much into dying.

Let the nonsense roll off your back. Everyone will be old and dull eventually!
Old 02-20-2008, 10:15 AM

E500, 3000GT and 3000GT VR-4, 335i
The reason you would "take a dump" on an RS4 is because of your modifications. That is what you refuse to recognize. Nobody cares what you've done to your car; don't act like all 335i's will do what yours does. Are you trying to imply that it's physically impossible to modify an Audi too? Run your car against a modded Audi RS4, then maybe you testimony would actually mean something.

STOCK for STOCK, your car will not beat an RS4. An S5 would have comparable performance, although you would have it beat by a couple tenths of a second (at most). You wouldn't stand a chance with a CLK63 BS.

Last edited by thegamemodo9; 02-20-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by thegamemodo9
The reason you would "take a dump" on an RS4 is because of your modifications. That is what you refuse to recognize. Nobody cares what you've done to your car, don't act like all 335i's will do what yours does. Are you trying to imply that it's physically impossible to modify an Audi too? Run your car against a modded Audi RS4, then maybe you testimony would actually mean something.

STOCK for STOCK, your car will not beat an RS4. An S5 would have comparable performance, although you would have it beat by a couple tenths of a second. You wouldn't stand a chance with a CLK63 BS.
With the money he's got in the 335, you can make a 2001 B4 S4 into a 450HP monster. Once you open the door to mods, then you can't make car-to-car comparisons. You can weld a JATO rocket to a minivan and beat any car on the planet.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:09 PM

C200TCDI Sports Edition
second that
Old 02-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Why is it the that bmw guys always have to down talk other cars n make the BMW the mightiest car on the plant...( i try not to group people but it happens alot!)
if i recall u cant win
55k had tunabilty and creamed them, but no thats not stock, 1/4 mile noo only rolling start, mods are for gays, the twisties is where it is at! and sooooooooo on

its strange n baffles me how allot of the bmw crowd are like this even in Kuwait! is it the car, does it come with an inbuilt virus?
Is there some thing in the letters BMW that while looking at it brain washes u to no end

Chill and learn to enjoy all cars for their respective achievements and pros/cons
Peace out (sorry for spelling its late)
Old 02-20-2008, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
My bottom line is that the Audi S5 and RS4 are beautiful cars. However ,with those two cars modded,in a straight line, I mangle them as will and does an E39 M5!!
I'm saying modded vs modded,and in straight line performance.

Now does this take away from those two Audi's? NOOOO!!!

They are just not as fast in a straight line as I thought absed on other cars in it's league with the same HP or even a little less.

350 hp is nice but would just feel faster in another car I feel. We have v6's making that kinda power just about now.

I'm just a lil peeved with Audi I guess because I feel they are dropping the ball by not putting the TT 4.2 L V8 in the RS4 They offered the same TTV6 in both the S4 and the V6 RS4(more hp due to specialty stck parts) so what the hell?

If I was offered one of these Audi's I would treasure it for road raing where it would Sh@t all over my AMG and many others.

However with the new C63 and M3 I think all bets will be off if the RS4 tries to compete with them all around.

Chip this is my experience in racing against worked RS4 V8's. I know a big time Audi crew over here in the NY/NJ area and this is what we do.

I do like the Audi's though,every model.

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the V6TT RS4 to me Euro verson is the tru BEAST!!!!
Old 02-21-2008, 12:50 AM

C200TCDI Sports Edition
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
However ,with those two cars modded,in a straight line, I mangle them as will and does an E39 M5!!
I'm saying modded vs modded,and in straight line performance.

Now does this take away from those two Audi's? NOOOO!!!
Hang on a second, wouldn't this all depend on how much money you spent on the modding and the ability of the people doing the work, it's almost impossible to compare modded cars since the scope of what can be done is huge.

Originally Posted by ProjectC55
I'm sure I don't need to tell you that the V6TT RS4 to me Euro verson is the tru BEAST!!!!
The Euro version of the latest RS4 isn't a V6TT it's a V8.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cee Fiddy Five
I don't think he said latest version!
Old 02-21-2008, 01:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Not sure what the big deal is about BMW's either. I am contemplating getting a 650 or M6 (which would be a step down regardless).....but really besides those, the 7 series and the M5, who cares? The rest of them are watered down cars.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:11 AM

First of all, I must say I've followed this thread with some amusement for some time now.

Jon, you have a point to put across (which is what this forum is for), that's fine.
One thing though, try slowing down a bit, take some time to form correct sentences, use punctuation and perhaps even, if time permits, a spell checker.
Be aware that the spell checker will not highlight incorrect grammar (e.g. 'than” instead of “then”, “you are” or “you're” instead of “your”, etc.), so having a dictionary on hand may also help.
You may find that if your posts are a little more coherent we will understand what point you are making.

And who are you ? Was any body talking to you? NO so kick rocks! I wasn't threatening him personaly if thats what he thought thats his problem he's the one talking about needing a restraining order lol wow are you kidding me ok. I said that statement since he believes the 335 is slower then some POS RS4 or his CLK I can prove him wrong we can do a run I don't have a problem with that since I'm supposedly the "idiot" because I know otherwise. If he's frightend my bad no reason to get all bent out of shape and fear for your life. But like I said NO BODY WAS TALKING TO YOU don't you belong on audizine or something. Whatever I'm not posting anymore but there are some funny characters here
and

Old 03-01-2008, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by KiwiRobbie

The Euro version of the latest RS4 isn't a V6TT it's a V8.
I'm talking about the RS4 that came out b4 the latest RS4 Obviously!!

Here is a thread from a member who was interested in the S5:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/232739-drove-audi-s5-what-dissapointing-ride.html

Last edited by ProjectC55; 03-01-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
I test drove an A5 quattro yesterday just for fun. It has 100 hp less than the S5, but i just wanted to feel the ride. It was really smooth, but even the A5 was jumpy, I cant imagine the S5 being any more gentle. And the lease prices are insane-i've never seen anything like this.

Ballpark figures from dealer-
A5 with quattro and S line body kit- 1100 a month
S5 manual- 1300 a month
S5 Auto- 1400 to 1500 a month (Not sure yet because its not out yet)

Have people completely lost their minds?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:42 AM

Porsche

Old 04-13-2008, 08:13 AM

Porsche
360 Forged
Split Seven 3 piece forged wheels
20"x9.5"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Why no talk of Audi S5 here?