MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
20+ to list......
Easy, get both.
Old 02-17-2008, 03:51 AM

E63 biturbo
Just collected my new beast ...

It makes my CLS55 look tame when parked beside it!
Attached Thumbnails Nissan GTR vs C63?-mygtr1.jpg   Nissan GTR vs C63?-mygtr3.jpg   Nissan GTR vs C63?-mygtr5.jpg  

Last edited by Jspeed; 02-17-2008 at 03:55 AM.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS, SLK, ETC
Originally Posted by Jspeed

nice rides!!! Black one is my fav by far..
Old 02-17-2008, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5

Gorgeous car!

I saw one of these in person a little while ago - they had a RHD Japan-spec GT-R at the Philadelphia Auto Show. It's an amazing machine, no question... definitely not a "sleeper" in any sense - draws huge crowds, and looks incredibly fast just sitting in place...
Old 02-17-2008, 08:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by M5CLK
As much as I loved GT-R, I've grew out of it over the years.. I've had R32 and R33 in the past, they're the perfect toys for me back then when I was young. I'd perfer something more subtle, C63 isn't exactly that, but majority of the people won't know especially my business assoicates sitting comfortably at the back seats. (well... hash ride maybe, but still sitting comfortably haha!)

Most likely, I'll be getting the C63 later on this year, but I don't think I'd even consider the GT-R at my age now if it's going to be the daily driver. It would though make a great weekend or track toy if I ever go to track again LOL

And honestly, Z06 and GT-R are the ONLY sub-4 secs car you can buy at their price region? And prestigeous? There're over 10+ W203 in my parking lots LOL!

They're both great car, don't think you can go wrong with either one of them (or the M3) It all comes down to your personal preferece IMO...
Originally Posted by ultraseven
You are in Hong Kong, which I believe has the most MBs per capita. Yeah, even the bum picking up plastic bottles on the sidewalk sports a MB.
M5CLK pointed out a very good point and it is also my personal 'experience' having owned a C55 W203 in Hong kong. The C55 could have been a very unique and 'fashioned' sports car if there were not so many MBs/W203s here.
I saw extremely nice modded white color C200K W204 with AMG aero kit, very sporty black 19" rims, so a stock triple-priced C63 probably won't be gaining much turnheads except appreciation from the AMG fanatics. The GT-R, like the 350z, are supplied by many Japan cars parallel importers here, so we should be seeing more preowned GT-Rs from these Japan cars importers. Historically, M3, especially DKG becomes available should still be the most pouplar sports sedan here.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:30 PM
rdk

2006 ML 500

Could you give a comparison of the two? I have a GT-R on order scheduled for July delivery.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:35 PM

BMW 545
Just when I had given up on getting a GT-R and keeping my C63 order in place.

I see your amazing pictures of a black GT-R.
I have sworn off black for years but am now leaning that way and rationalizing
how 5K or 10K over MSRP won't hurt me much.
Sigh!

Old 02-19-2008, 01:27 AM

E63 biturbo
Originally Posted by rdk
Could you give a comparison of the two? I have a GT-R on order scheduled for July delivery.
After driving it for 3 days, I find that the only time I feel the need to drive the CLS is when I'm going somewhere with a lousy carpark or somewhere that might get my GTR dirty. That's how good the GTR is! There is no comparison. It looks better - ie. more expensive, more evil, more glamourous, more exclusive, more sexy ... and it drives better - its just as fast as the CLS but more stable and comfortable above 80mph and it handles amazing. In other words, its even a better GT than the CLS55. It also has a very clever sound system which records every CD/DVD you insert and stores it in a hard disk so you can play them back later using the jukebox on its 'Playstation' touch screen! Its much faster than changing discs with a cd changer.

I only have 3 complaints about the car:

- Firm ride around town
- Jerky 1st to 2nd gearchange
- Slightly high seating position

Believe me you won't be disappointed.

(PS: I will comment more on how fast the car is after I have run it in fully)

Last edited by Jspeed; 02-19-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:24 AM

nothing
Jspeed you mentioned that its quite firm around town. How bad is it? Could it be used as a daily driver ?

btw the car looks amazing.....
Old 02-19-2008, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I'm glad for the GT-R and even the Corvette ZR1, it keeps Porsche from resting on its laurels. And in the end, its buyers who win, with better choices and better products. Personally, I would buy the GT-R but not if its over list, and that won't happen for a while.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:28 PM
rdk

2006 ML 500
After driving it for 3 days, I find that the only time I feel the need to drive the CLS is when I'm going somewhere with a lousy carpark or somewhere that might get my GTR dirty. That's how good the GTR is! There is no comparison. It looks better - ie. more expensive, more evil, more glamourous, more exclusive, more sexy ... and it drives better - its just as fast as the CLS but more stable and comfortable above 80mph and it handles amazing. In other words, its even a better GT than the CLS55. It also has a very clever sound system which records every CD/DVD you insert and stores it in a hard disk so you can play them back later using the jukebox on its 'Playstation' touch screen! Its much faster than changing discs with a cd changer.

I only have 3 complaints about the car:

- Firm ride around town
- Jerky 1st to 2nd gearchange
- Slightly high seating position

Believe me you won't be disappointed.

(PS: I will comment more on how fast the car is after I have run it in fully)
Thanks for the detailed report. It is going to be a long four months. I am surprised the GT-R only feels only "as fast" as the CLS since the reported performance numbers are considerably faster for the GT-R.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Originally Posted by norb
I'm glad for the GT-R and even the Corvette ZR1, it keeps Porsche from resting on its laurels. And in the end, its buyers who win, with better choices and better products. Personally, I would buy the GT-R but not if its over list, and that won't happen for a while.
Don't forget the Audi R8. It is priced right at the 911, and it offers a much more modern and livable driving experience (despite looking like a supercar). And the RS8 is going to be a monster.

I don't think the R8 or the GT-R will win over any current Porsche owners, since they are often drawn to the brand by its history and image, and they wouldn't touch a Nissan or even an Audi. But for someone looking to move into a top-level performance car, the R8, GT-R and ZR-1 are all good alternatives to the 911.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:48 PM

2005 SL55 AMG
so u did get it! wow....its stunning....it's soooo wicked
Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 AM

E63 biturbo
Originally Posted by batrax
Jspeed you mentioned that its quite firm around town. How bad is it? Could it be used as a daily driver ?

btw the car looks amazing.....
In comfort mode, driving in town is just about bearable although I still have to drive real slow when the roads get bumpy. Shouldn't be an issue unless you drive on terrible road surfaces often. But take my words, its a worthy trade off. The car handles like a single seater race car at high speeds. There is hardly any roll and the car just goes where u point the steering wheel!

BTW, its not my daily driver cos it attracts too much attention, and black is just a b*tch to keep clean.

Last edited by Jspeed; 02-21-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:11 AM

E63 biturbo
Originally Posted by rdk
Thanks for the detailed report. It is going to be a long four months. I am surprised the GT-R only feels only "as fast" as the CLS since the reported performance numbers are considerably faster for the GT-R.
My CLS is modded
Old 02-21-2008, 10:28 AM

E63 biturbo
Originally Posted by Fifth Ring
I don't think the R8 or the GT-R will win over any current Porsche owners, since they are often drawn to the brand by its history and image, and they wouldn't touch a Nissan or even an Audi. But for someone looking to move into a top-level performance car, the R8, GT-R and ZR-1 are all good alternatives to the 911.

Many Porsche owners here have actually ordered GTRs and R8s. Yes there will still be a strong following because of the brand and history, but Porsche really needs to raise its game or risk being left behind as people start to realise that there are alternatives. Unlike before, there are now many cars that look better and handle just as well as a 911, not to mention cheaper too.

Just park a 911 Carrera beside an R8 and GTR, which would you want to drive?
Old 02-21-2008, 11:52 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
Many Porsche owners here have actually ordered GTRs and R8s. Yes there will still be a strong following because of the brand and history, but Porsche really needs to raise its game or risk being left behind as people start to realise that there are alternatives. Unlike before, there are now many cars that look better and handle just as well as a 911, not to mention cheaper too.

very good point....i'd take an R8 or GTR over a 911 anyday
Old 02-21-2008, 02:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG

Porsche got itself painted into a corner with the drivetrain configuration of the 911. It was never optimal, but they did amazing things making it handle. The Cayman drivetrain is a MUCH better starting point, and I'm sure Porsche knows this, but they have to figure out how to move forward without losing the faithful who are wedded to the engine being behind the rear axle.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:15 AM

The GT-R was just tested against 997 turbo and they reported the siff ride and the 1st-2nd being slightly rougher like Jspeed did, but they still reported it was a lot better than the 997T.

Amazing car for an amazing price. Nice compliment to a Benz with a lovely burbly V8. I'd have the C63 wagon and the GT-R as I mentioned in the other thread if I had the money.

Regards

Andy
Old 03-03-2008, 03:27 AM

08 C350 fully loaded
Gtr Vs C63

Well handling wise, no chance. GTR hands down. Speed and quickness, GTR hands down. Comfort and space..C 63 hands down. At the end of the day,
6'4" 280 all beef needs some space.

I drove a 350z for 4 and a half years. I ended up growing out of it literally. I saw the gtr and the interior is the smalles bit of the car, the seats sit high so you waist all that roof height. The C class gives me about and inch and a half of clearance above my head. In my cousin's G35 I had to duck down and drive. I'll have to sit in the car and see how I fit.

But after a benz, i can't even tolerate BMW's anymore, they're too brash and childlike. They seem like they are over doing it.

Now I know why my parents have been driving benz for decades one feels like a king driving it.

My dad has an S550 and I would take that car over a GTR hands down. But that's not a fair comparison.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:33 AM

E63 biturbo
GTR really is quite fast!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...77#post2691277
Old 03-05-2008, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB, BMW
OMG jspeed your GTR looks amazing..

c63 is a very competent car for sure, but really there is no comparison. not to mention exclusivity, MB will sell 10,000 C63s next yr, and 100,000 C-class!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:03 PM

none
The GTR is an amazing car...

Anyone that says otherwise, or the fact that it is a Nissan detracts from it's validity as a true sportscar, is showing their uneducated bias...

The GTR has a renowned heritage as well...

The C63 and GTR are different cars in terms of performance classes, but in the real world, they are direct competitors because of pricing...

The GTR can also be had for MSRP, one should research and look outside their geographic location if they are really interested...

None of this takes anything away from the C63, it is an excellent car as well...It has the practicality and performance that the GTR doesn't possess...
Old 03-07-2008, 12:58 AM

2003 C32AMG 1991 GTR Skyline V Spec 11 C63 Due June 08
Originally Posted by ProV1
yes the C63 has 4 doors, (more practical) but GTR will blow teh doors off of C63 in just about every performance category. and pricing wise, if MB stays consistent with their pricing, charging extra $$$ for xenon, cd, etc GTR wont be too much more than C63...
I have a 1992 GTR V Spec 11 with 420K/w or 512Hp at all four wheels, the new GTR will never have the respect or the following of the R32 until it races and proves itself. At an engie size of almost 50% larger than the original GTR its HP figures are nothing startling. Love the concept. Have had mine for 15 years. My C63 arrives in July so will post a note in comparison.