C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Preowned pricing on C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz SLK55AMG
Resale values

I spoke to my dealer and he tells me the new class is holding up very well. Can we infer that this may have a positive impact on resale values of the C63 as well?

I am really getting concerned about 3 things

1) Oil prices seem to be going one way...up! Gas prices here are vontinuing to surge and if things continue to escalate we could see $5 gallons very soon. Whiel I agree most AMG owners are less sensitive to this, at some point its going to become a problem for people who want to buy used ones

2) Technology. If MB release more fuel efficient engines or even an AMG diesel, will the petrole engines become less desirable and therefore lower resale values

3) Model changes in 09 and beyond and impact on 08 vehicles.

We are unlikley to see any used car activity in for this product untill mid to late 09. But even then as some have suggested it may well be worth the wait. As long as you get get your hands on one that has not been thrashed to bits! These cars are mean't to be driven and some drive them very very hard.

Any thoughts on any of this?
Old 03-13-2008, 05:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 A8L, 2002 996TT X50, 2009 X5
Originally Posted by NITEN1972
I spoke to my dealer and he tells me the new class is holding up very well. Can we infer that this may have a positive impact on resale values of the C63 as well?
Ummm... two things about this:

1. Of course the resale of the new class is holding up very well... it's BRAND NEW! The used w204 market is negligible at this point, if almost nonexistent. Once the w204 has been around for 2-3 MYs, I tend to think you'll see values fall roughly in line with what the w203's did.

2. Seriously... what else do you expect an MB dealer to say, really? "Yeah, these things'll probably get killed in depreciation over the next two years... if I were you, I'd wait and pick up a used one at that point."

My $0.02 - YMMV...
Old 03-14-2008, 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
While it is too early to tell how the C-Class will hold it's value, look at the new S-Class. I realize that is in a completely different league, I think that the improvements in quality have made the new S-Class really hold value pretty well compared to that of the W220.