Sponsored by:

Avoid Fletcher Jones MB in socal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M Coupe
Avoid Fletcher Jones MB in socal

They are a bunch of idiots, I've been there twice to look at a C63AMG and every time I come in.. 'oh sorry, we sold the car already'.

They are a bunch of nitwits, and they will make you wait and more importantly, waste your precious time.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
The only person worth dealing with at Fletcher Jones is James Sullivan. Everyone else is a complete idiot. I refuse to buy cars from them or let alone service my cars there.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
I drove in with my CL500. You would have thought I was a homeless person
the way I was treated. I was looking at SL55`s at the time. Should have been wearing my sportcoat and not my shorts and hawiian shirt I guess.

Go to MBLN or even better try Caliber. Thats where I have my cars serviced.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
MBLN all the way for me. Everyone else is not up to par IMO.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:08 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2001 Mercedes CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
Originally Posted by stevehifi
They are a bunch of idiots, I've been there twice to look at a C63AMG and every time I come in.. 'oh sorry, we sold the car already'.

They are a bunch of nitwits, and they will make you wait and more importantly, waste your precious time.
I stopped by at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach in a rental car - not a Mercedes - several years ago. It was a very hot day, I was offered a bottle of ice cold water immediately, - very polite and helpful sales staff. I was given all the brochures and price lists I asked for. No complaints here....
Old 05-09-2008, 09:32 PM

'06 S430 Sport, '05 C 55 AMG, '06 BMW 330i, '06 VW Beetle Convertible
I've never had a problem with FJ in Newport Beach. The deals were great and the service I receive from Rick McCellan as my service advisor is excellent.

Every time I go to MBLG it seems like I end up talking to an idiot.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W203, W211, W219, W212
Originally Posted by Lender1
I've never had a problem with FJ in Newport Beach. The deals were great and the service I receive from Rick McCellan as my service advisor is excellent.
Have you read this?
https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/233854-hmm-would-love-meet-employee-f-j-newport.html

A confession from an ex FJ employee.

But to OP, I don't get why they're a bunch of idiots all of the sudden just because they had sold the car when you stopped by.

Last edited by 360_iti; 05-09-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:46 PM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
FJ never have the best deals...they just sell the most units. The exclusivity of their Starbucks and golf course set up isnt enough for me to pay $5k-10k or so more. When I was buying my SL one of their many managers bet me $100 I couldnt beat his price by $5000....guess who made him pay up. If you want to know who has the best deals in SoCal PM me. There are 3 serious managers who blow cars out none of which are at FJ. Ive worked deals with the other 10 or so dealers in the area and the prices fluctuate a great deal on the higher end models.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:53 AM
RJR

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 ML350 2017 C63S Cab
Originally Posted by bltserv
the way I was treated. I was looking at SL55`s at the time. Should have been wearing my sportcoat and not my shorts and hawiian shirt I guess.

Some dealers just don't get it. Before my wife and I bought or first MB we stopped at the BMW dealer which is just across the street from the Benz dealer. We pulled up in a brand new Corvette so you would think that would get their attention. We walked around the lot for 20 minutes and then walked into the show room and still know one asked if we needed help. My wife and i look pretty young but we are in out mid 30's. We finally asked some one for help and they pretty much blew us off. We went across the street to the Benz dealer and by the end of that week she was driving a brand new ML350 and now I have on order the C63. We buy new cars every 2-3 years and the BMW dealership really screwed up. Our Benz dealer is excellent
Old 05-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Almost a Member!

2005 C230 SS

As with any dealership, there are good and not so good sales reps. I was at the FJ dealership last Sat and to my surprise they did have a C63 in silver for sales at sticker. Several sales reps approached me and asked if I needed assistance or if I was interested in purchasing the car today. Just my experience, but it always comes down to timing, good luck in your search.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:55 AM

08 C350 fully loaded
Originally Posted by calgary
I stopped by at Fletcher Jones in Newport Beach in a rental car - not a Mercedes - several years ago. It was a very hot day, I was offered a bottle of ice cold water immediately, - very polite and helpful sales staff. I was given all the brochures and price lists I asked for. No complaints here....
several years ago they were nicer. Now they have turned into a bit of a zoo.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
'22 G 63 AMG, '21 GLE 53 AMG, '20 NSX
I've found that if you develop a business relationship it goes a lot farther, like calling ahead and schedule an appointment does wonders in treating you serious rather than a walk on. I've dealt with all the dealers in Orange County and Fletcher has treated me very well. In turn I've bought a lot of cars from them. On hard to get models FJ gets the largest allocation by far and they didn't get that big by gouging people or treating them poorly.

So, you want a hot new model that there's a waiting list of 50 people and its sold by the time you get there to look at it! Amazing!
Old 05-13-2008, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser

It's so funny when they act like that. So many dealers the best thing you ca do in that situation is walk out and tell as many people as you can about the bad experience. Happened to me at BH Audi a few years back. When they saw me jump in my 996TT to leave one actually stopped me at the parking lot exit. I told him they needed to wake up and went to Van Nuys and bought an S4 that day.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2009 C63
Prestige in NJ was like that - i called saying I wanted to put a deposit down ... the guy said they required 10% non-refundable -

yeah right -
Old 05-13-2008, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
FJ Chicago

WE have FJ here in Chicago too and its the last place I'd BUY or send my customers to. They've probably lost out on 50 sales or referrals from me in the past 10 years (and some of these were very high end customers) who wouldn't think about negotiating that hard (they have the $$ and not the time nor the patience.)

I stick to the "outskirt" dealers who are "nicer" and more motivated. When I say outskirt dealers, I mean those just outside of the major metropolitan dealers like NYC, Chicago, Miami, LA. For example, in Chicago, I use northern Indiana, Loves Park IL and Madison and Milwaukee WI. Better deals, better service and nicer people. My daddy always said, People will spend money with people they LIKE." That rule hasn't changed in 50 years.

I believe that MB (at least on its lower end cars like the C and E Classes works with about 8% profit). Why not pare that down as much as you can and save money. Any dealer will work on your car (particularly under warranty).

When I go for that 09 C63 with the Performance Package , its sure to be an "outskirt" dealer!!! (anyone know when this will be available).
Old 05-13-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55 BEAST
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
It's so funny when they act like that. So many dealers the best thing you ca do in that situation is walk out and tell as many people as you can about the bad experience. Happened to me at BH Audi a few years back. When they saw me jump in my 996TT to leave one actually stopped me at the parking lot exit. I told him they needed to wake up and went to Van Nuys and bought an S4 that day.
I met up my cousin at Felix Chevy a few months back, he wanted to check out a corvette for his wife. We walked in and there was a nice yellow hardtop on the floor. (we had to ask them to unlock it for us) And we sat in it and whatever and then we asked for a test drive. The guy tells us that he needs to run our credit. Then we tell him that he must not have understood what we said, so we repeated ourselves. Once again, asked to run our credit. Then we explained to him that its a 45k dollar car, and even at the ferrari dealership they let me test drive a car with nothing more than a copy of my license. He said he needed it so we told him to F off and we were off to another dealer. Then he got in his 996TTS and I got in my E55 and his eyes bulged open. He didnt even try to stop us cause he knew what we would say. I hate dealers like that.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:41 AM

'06 S430 Sport, '05 C 55 AMG, '06 BMW 330i, '06 VW Beetle Convertible
Originally Posted by 360_iti
Have you read this?
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=233854

A confession from an ex FJ employee.

But to OP, I don't get why they're a bunch of idiots all of the sudden just because they had sold the car when you stopped by.
I read that FJ employee's opinion of the customers and the product. If I were Ted Jones I would investigate who that employee is and give him his walking papers. Who needs an employee that has contempt for the customers and the product.

As for owners being idiots, I've found I know at least as much about the product as the salesman, in many cases more. Moreover, Rick at FJ is smart enough to know that I know my cars and doesn't try to bulls**it me into some proceedure I don't need.

That is one of the benefits of our forums here. We learn from each other and collect information.

Regarding deals, when I bought my '05 C 55 in August, 2004 I did get $2,000 off MSRP and that was the month it came out and they only had three. It was not a poorly equipped car in an undesireable color. It was loaded, including nav and all black. When I bought my '06 S 430 in the fall of 2005 it too was in a desireable color scheme, loaded with options except ABC and Distronic and I got $17,000 off MSRP. The salesman that I made these deals with is no longer there so my next car, which will be soon, will be shopped.
Old 05-14-2008, 08:44 PM

Maybach 57
Thanks for the info about FJ in Newport Beach. Can anyone suggest a dealership in southern LA or in northern SD area that sells the new C63, S-classes, and Maybachs?
Old 05-14-2008, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 GLK350, 2010 ML350, 2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by hjones
Thanks for the info about FJ in Newport Beach. Can anyone suggest a dealership in southern LA or in northern SD area that sells the new C63, S-classes, and Maybachs?
My buddy said that South Bay MB had a C63 arrive today and they have S-classes but unsure about Maybachs.

I know there is a MB dealer on the way to the Camarillo outlets from LA that sells the Maybach as I saw it when I was home last but I'm not sure if you want to drive that far.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:08 AM

Gs 300, Rx 330
Originally Posted by hjones
There is a new dealership in Valencia that it has a huge selection of MB's..I've dealt with them before and they treat you very well! I just don't think they have any Maybachs.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:46 AM

C230 K
how about house of import in buena park?
Old 05-15-2008, 08:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63S,2013 C63 AMG Coupe, 2002 C32 AMG (gone but not forgotten)

Number one rule of sales....never assume anything about anyone's financial position. I wonder if MB teaches their brat salespeople that.
Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 AM

2008 C300W4 Sport, 2006 Honda CBR600F4i

sorry to hear about that man! Trust me not all sales people are idoits with MB!! i hope you get a c63 that is a sick ride!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
M3, E55, SL55
Let me know if u guys need any help. (work at a dealer) pm me.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:01 PM

2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by gsrjc
My buddy said that South Bay MB had a C63 arrive today and they have S-classes but unsure about Maybachs.

I know there is a MB dealer on the way to the Camarillo outlets from LA that sells the Maybach as I saw it when I was home last but I'm not sure if you want to drive that far.
IMO, stay away from South Bay MB. I live near by and had bad experiences from the sales reps in the past. I thought I would give them another try (now 3 yrs later) since I am looking at the C63. If you dont mind paying $78K for the C63, then buy from South Bay. I went there a couple of weeks ago and they had two that just arrived, one black and one silver. They had a $15,000 mark-up "market value" as they called it. I walked away and told the guy I can wait. I gave him my number and he never called back. I drove by the dealership the other day and still saw the silver one sitting there.

I got a call from FJ mercedes about an hour later and he told me FJ never marks up over MSRP.

I dont know why any of the dealers would wiggle much on the C63 at this point because of the fact they all have limited qty's and there are 20-30 people asking for the same car. However, $15K over MSRP is ridiculous.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Avoid Fletcher Jones MB in socal