Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 02:21 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
i dont think anyone would take a benz over a ferrari, and thats the bottom line!!!!!

PS: with the Performance Package, the C63s handling is alot better

the top gear models didnt have the PP option
To all the magazine racers out there, do a bit more research will you .
The M3 comes standard with electronic LSD (limited slip diff)
If you don’t know what that is, its something that locks up the rear wheels and really helps in coming out of bends/ curves and Acceleration, while keeping your wheels in check.

C63 does not come with this standard, but does have an option for it. The sport package has lower suspension, LSD, bigger brakes I believe, thusly giving it the track edge its missing.

An other thing you should learn to look for and understand is TIRES .
Some magazine have the M3 using Michelin pilot Cup tires and wider wheels. If you do not know what these are, they are basically the best they have to offer in terms of grip & track use...they are slicks for crying out loud!
These tires alone take any where from 2-3 secs off lap times depending on the driver maybe even more!

and to the people who think the 360 beats all mercs forget the 65 it can not take a 55k / 63. This is straight-line speed I am talking here & I mention this due to experience with them to, twice if I may add. If you mention track look at the above.

Lastly which track & driver used also effects the outcome. Some tracks may suit other cars more, more bends, more straights, tight corners etc. Is driver experienced/ know how to drive car he is in?

Hope this helps educate some of the people on how these all add up and factor in on the results

Last edited by Zod; 05-25-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C219 CLS / W220 † / W211† / W210 E55 † / W210 Brabus † / Hamann 540i † /
haha, this topic is funny to just read. Also, is that all it takes these days is just a pic? I miss the good old days on jabbasworld where you needed to have atleast 1 photo with your keys and name. Well here is my 360, took the picture outside.....i'll post more later when its clean, or when I can find more pics of a 360..........
Attached Thumbnails Got my C63 today. Holy Sh!!!t-360gtc.jpg  
Old 05-26-2008, 01:32 AM
WAY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
997.2 GT3, E90 M3
Originally Posted by Zod
To all the magazine racers out there, do a bit more research will you .
The M3 comes standard with electronic LSD (limited slip diff)
Actually no, the M3 comes with a form of MECHANICAL LSD. The 135i (and I hear somewhere else that so does the C63) comes with electronic LSD which doesn't work anywhere near as well as the real thing.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
there was a German test i don't remember where i saw it, C63 was equipped with Performance package and it did exactly same lap as M3! PP makes a difference if you want a track based C63... Mercedes was never focused on performance first... Mercedes is all about comfort first... so I'm not surprised anyhow.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:17 AM

Mercedes-Benz A170 CDI
Bob, you mean this one?

http://img231.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_586lo.jpg

http://img107.imagevenue.com/img.php..._122_708lo.jpg

Courtesy of 'DeDe' @ Germancarzone.com.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:04 PM

CL203 & sprinter
Old 06-01-2008, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by Jim Brady
The Ferrari Challenge record at Road Amercia is 2:19. With a club driver in a CLK63 BS 2:19 and with a pro driver it's in the 2:17s. and thats for a street car. Spare me the invicible ferrari internet lore.
Try beating the Scuderia's time in a BS. Simply not going to happen. Too much weight, too archaic of a transmission.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

08 S65, 06 M3 CS(stick), 02 BMW X5 4.6iS, 07 R1 Raven, 08 F-450 4x4, 08 CooperS JCW
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
there was a German test i don't remember where i saw it, C63 was equipped with Performance package and it did exactly same lap as M3! PP makes a difference if you want a track based C63... Mercedes was never focused on performance first... Mercedes is all about comfort first... so I'm not surprised anyhow.
That would be the first test I've seen that happen. I like the c63 but even with PP it has not proved much of a track weapon. Given that the C55 did quite well in that environment I was expecting more especially given all the slits and spoilers.

WAY- have you taken an M3 to the track? The AMV8 is a great looking car but dynamically it is off the pace. The M-diff works wonders. Yes, my E46 may only have 333bhp and be an entry-level M but it is a great combination of DD and tracker. All I ever had to change was track pads and R compound tires and the thing just runs and runs lap after lap
Old 06-01-2008, 09:42 PM

tricked out turbo w202 & a tricked out porsche 996!!
congrats on a sick car!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:45 PM
CT3

LC200
I no have intention of sounding like a *****, the only reason I even say that is because when reading all of the posts up until this point people go on and on about their vast personal experience and knowledge of Ferraris and all kinds of stuff.... but anyway, a few months ago I was over in italy. A friend of mine owns several ferraris and he makes a trip every few years over the the ferrari factory in italy to get a private tour. Now unless you own a ferrari you are not allowed to take tour of the factory so I took the opportunity to go with him to see the factory and see some of the numerous testing facilities. On the track he and I took out the new Scuderia (spelling might be wrong) and I gotta say I have owned numerous Mercedes over the years, these new ferraris really are in a different league. The transmission is worthy of praise by itself.

I just feel that this whole dispute is really a poor comparison. The regular f430 starts at over 200 grand i mean the optional brakes on that car cost 20 grand alone, thats almost a third of the c63's base price!

Mercedes has always been building comfortable cars, that seems to have been the main goal all along. The c63 is a comfortable car that happens to have 451 horsepower. The Ferraris are purpose built for speed. I dont know, I may be missing something, but this whole argument seems so out of place.

--Korn55-- congrats on the new car
Old 06-02-2008, 12:20 AM

1999 210 4matic / 2011 W204 C300 sport
i will work hard and hopefully will get one in 2 years
Old 06-02-2008, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG & RR
Congrads Korn55!

I just got mine today aswell....see u on the road!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:34 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by CT3
I no have intention of sounding like a *****, the only reason I even say that is because when reading all of the posts up until this point people go on and on about their vast personal experience and knowledge of Ferraris and all kinds of stuff.... but anyway, a few months ago I was over in italy. A friend of mine owns several ferraris and he makes a trip every few years over the the ferrari factory in italy to get a private tour. Now unless you own a ferrari you are not allowed to take tour of the factory so I took the opportunity to go with him to see the factory and see some of the numerous testing facilities. On the track he and I took out the new Scuderia (spelling might be wrong) and I gotta say I have owned numerous Mercedes over the years, these new ferraris really are in a different league. The transmission is worthy of praise by itself.

I just feel that this whole dispute is really a poor comparison. The regular f430 starts at over 200 grand i mean the optional brakes on that car cost 20 grand alone, thats almost a third of the c63's base price!

Mercedes has always been building comfortable cars, that seems to have been the main goal all along. The c63 is a comfortable car that happens to have 451 horsepower. The Ferraris are purpose built for speed. I dont know, I may be missing something, but this whole argument seems so out of place.

--Korn55-- congrats on the new car
People were talking about a 360 been better then any AMG car!
430 was shown to not hold a candle to a 65 in straight line performance or traffic light racing let alone a 360, which is not faster then 55k AMG, or 600 cars.
Now tracking is a different issue all together
but in terms of power the AMG & MB brand have what it takes
Speed is no longer a Ferrari & P car only specialty and the MBs & BMWs do it with full luxury and 4 doors and are daily drivers, which is a good thing as you have more choices now, with different prices

Last edited by Zod; 06-02-2008 at 04:36 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
My dad has a lot of seat time in my Corvette Z06. He also owns a Gallardo. After driving my Vette on highways and residential roads, he says it is probably one of the most amazing cars he has ever driven. He says it outperforms his Gallardo and does it in a way that makes it comfortable and easy to drive around town. Would he ever think of getting rid of his Gallardo for a Vette (ZR1 included)? Hell no! It's all about the experience, prestige, looks, and fun you have in an exotic car.

Exotics are toys. Apples to oranges guys...
Old 06-02-2008, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
here is the important question

what would u rather drive

the ferrari or a benz

i rest my case
Old 06-02-2008, 11:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
here is the important question

what would u rather drive

the ferrari or a benz

i rest my case
I don't think that equation works. From an engineering standpoint the 599 and Scuderia are two of the most amazing cars ever made. However, there is always the F-car image which, like Lambo, is not for everyone. Were I to spend that kind of money on a two seater I would be more tempted by the SL65 as it garners far less attention, or the GT2 were I a good enough driver to exploit the full potential of one at the track.

So choosing between Ferrari and MB as a car to live with and be seen in, I choose MB.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
I don't think that equation works. From an engineering standpoint the 599 and Scuderia are two of the most amazing cars ever made. However, there is always the F-car image which, like Lambo, is not for everyone. Were I to spend that kind of money on a two seater I would be more tempted by the SL65 as it garners far less attention, or the GT2 were I a good enough driver to exploit the full potential of one at the track.

So choosing between Ferrari and MB as a car to live with and be seen in, I choose MB.
yea, i rather be seen in the ferrari

the 599 and more specifically the 430 scuderia are way ahead of anything else

i like the sl 65....but for close to 200k , there are way better options

a pure enthusiast would pic the merc over a ferrari

but 99% of HONEST ppl would take the ferrari any day of the week

i do agree however benz's should not be compared to ferrari

diff cars
Old 06-02-2008, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
btw, there is no benz, besides MAYBE the SLR that drives, handles, or does anything remotely close to the new ferraris

anyone who thinks so is delusional!!!!!

You need some seat time in a CLK DTM That Sir WILL Change Your thoughts about a Mercedes....I spent a Day in one and I can tell You It was the BEST(STREET) Car I have driven..and I have driven a lot of high end cars
Old 06-02-2008, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
You need some seat time in a CLK DTM That Sir WILL Change Your thoughts about a Mercedes....I spent a Day in one and I can tell You It was the BEST(STREET) Car I have driven..and I have driven a lot of high end cars
i love mercs!

had one, just ordered another one

so i'm not saying they suck or anything

but i had an oppertunity to have a f430 for a few days

its no comparisson ... atleast IMHO
Old 06-02-2008, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
209/W210 Estate /W211 modded by MBENZNL
i love mercs!

had one, just ordered another one

so i'm not saying they suck or anything

but i had an oppertunity to have a f430 for a few days

its no comparisson ... atleast IMHO

A F430 Vs a CLK DTM....NO Contest hands down CLK DTM is a Much better car

IF you can get some seat time in a CLK DTM You WILL Understand
It WILL change your thoughts on a Mercedes
Old 06-02-2008, 01:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS
A F430 Vs a CLK DTM....NO Contest hands down CLK DTM is a Much better car

IF you can get some seat time in a CLK DTM You WILL Understand
It WILL change your thoughts on a Mercedes
i think the CLK DTM is an awesome car

perhaps its a better track car than the f430

i personaly think the design of the 430 is the nicest body on any car period!!

so i for one would still pic the ferrari

i could care less how the ferrari performs (alltho it does very well)
i think it is hands down the sexiest car around

thats the reason why i like it

also, i doubt the CLK DTM would track anywhere close to what a new scuderia would do

the 430 scuderia did a better lap time than did the enzo!
and its waaaay cheaper too

i love both makes, but i looooove the attention (and probably ***) you would get woth the ferrari

:-)
Old 06-02-2008, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
R35 GT-R, EvoX
i love both makes, but i looooove the attention (and probably ***) you would get woth the ferrari

:-)
For those who want ***, you should just visit the red light district and select your *****.

Exotic cars attract the wrong type of women. Although...I guess if you had the money to buy an F430, you could also afford the women that come along with the car.

F430 Scuderia is a better car than a CLK DTM. I know better is very, very subjective...but that is the truth. Give me a reason why the CLK DTM is superior to the F430 Scud other than in sticker price.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
For those who want ***, you should just visit the red light district and select your *****.

Exotic cars attract the wrong type of women. Although...I guess if you had the money to buy an F430, you could also afford the women that come along with the car.

F430 Scuderia is a better car than a CLK DTM. I know better is very, very subjective...but that is the truth. Give me a reason why the CLK DTM is superior to the F430 Scud other than in sticker price.

lol.....

in a ferrari , its like bringing the red light sections ***** selection back to NYC
Old 06-02-2008, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Although...I guess if you had the money to buy an F430, you could also afford the women that come along with the car.

My guess is half the F430 and Gallardo drivers, in this town at least, are leased up to their eyeballs in debt. "Land of the broke millionaire."

As I said above, the Scuderia is probably the most capable road-legal track car ever produced. Not even A GT3 RS will keep up. Furthermore, the DTM is not even street legal and requires a special license to get to and from events.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
My guess is half the F430 and Gallardo drivers, in this town at least, are leased up to their eyeballs in debt. "Land of the broke millionaire."

As I said above, the Scuderia is probably the most capable road-legal track car ever produced. Not even A GT3 RS will keep up. Furthermore, the DTM is not even street legal and requires a special license to get to and from events.

i totally agree about the scuderia

this is probably as good as cars get!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Got my C63 today. Holy Sh!!!t