C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered mine today...Pure Perfomance Edition!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2008 | 08:14 AM
RJR

2012 ML350 2017 C63S Cab
AMG with no full leather seats
It will be your car but whatever. I always thought of AMG for high performance along with luxury. I know that this has been covered before about the C63 not being as luxurious as other AMG models but no leather No upgraded stereo for better sound I just don't really understand why you would buy a Mercedes and would not want some of the luxury items to go with it. If you are looking for pure performance as stated in your title Look for a 1 or 2 year old Z06 that would be around the same price as the C63 and it will smoke it up and down. I am trading my 06 Vette in on the C63 because I wanted some performance and some luxury. If I did not care for some luxury i would just keep the Vette for performance. It is your car so do whatever you want but I think that it is crazy not to have some luxury in your Mercedes. When I hear the name Mercedes, BMW, AUDI, Lexus I just think of luxury.
Old 06-25-2008 | 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
hey, if you plan on using this as a track car, i get it

i just spoke to someone with an 09 with NO AMG leather

he said the MB tex looks sooooo cheap, i think the exact words he used was that "it looks like the vinyl is tearing apart at the seams"
Old 06-25-2008 | 01:47 PM

08 MB
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
hey, if you plan on using this as a track car, i get it

i just spoke to someone with an 09 with NO AMG leather

he said the MB tex looks sooooo cheap, i think the exact words he used was that "it looks like the vinyl is tearing apart at the seams"
I have MB Tex and have no problems with it what so ever. I don't see the big deal about leather but again that's my opinion and may change later in life as many things do.

We all have different tastes and personally I like the option list the OP listed minus the base stereo. As mentioned MB did a terrible job on the fixed stereo but then again I can't say I am overly happy having paid $3k for the MM to add the flip up screen and I don't have a use for navigation.

Before I bought the Mercedes I was looking at used M3's and wanted a stripped down model with cloth and no sunroof which was very rare but important to me so in a couple of years if the C63 still interests me in the used market I would buy a base model.

To me it's about the style and performance of a 4 door so a Corvette, Mustang, etc. won't do. As far as Mercedes luxury having leather. etc. that must be an American thing as European models come in all kinds of forms and cloth is very common from my experience.
Old 06-25-2008 | 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by nrgy
Well I'm not trying to tell anyone how to configure their car, so please don't take it as such, however I do think it's a little silly to leave out options such as P2 and Multimedia if the main reasoning is to have a "Pure Performance Edition". If it is a budget decision, then so be it, you don't need to explain your reasons to anyone. But if not, then I don't really think less is more in this situation. If sunroof delete were an option, I could see this as performance enhancing.

Xenons are more then just for looks. Obviously they are brighter, but the P2 also includes the directional fog lights that light up in the direction you are turning. Not necessary, but pretty cool feature that I've come to enjoy.

Also, I wouldn't buy the navigation to impress other people either, I would or wouldn't buy it to please yourself. But again, you get more then just navigation with the Multimedia package, you also get:

§ 7" Power Rectractable Display
§ COMAND Navigation
§ harman/kardon LOGIC7 Surround Sound System
§ Voice Control
§ PCMCIA Slot
§ 6-Disc CD/DVD Changer with Video Playback
§ Music Register

Without the multimedia package your dash will look like this:

Btw, I love listening to the engine note as well, but at cruise the car is rather quiet. Easy to press the mute button on the steering wheel as well, which I've become rather familiar with, when you want to hear the engine

Anyhow, again I'm not trying to bash anyones configuration. I was in the same position when I placed my order back in January, and was about to leave off the P2 and Multimedia package as well until the points I mentioned above were brought to my attention. Either way you are going to love the car.

to be honest, that dash looks sooooooo much better in that picture than it really is

it dont look half bad there......but i sat in one like this in real life

that screen and dash looked soooo shot!
Old 06-25-2008 | 06:37 PM

RS4
Sorry but a 4k is not going to be hurt by an additional 12 pounds! If money is the issue that is a different topic.

BTW Incredible 2002...best I've ever seen.
Old 06-25-2008 | 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK55
Can you get the C63 without a sunroof. If its for the track wouldn't it be better not to have a sunroof to save weight?
Old 06-25-2008 | 11:20 PM

Boxster
Do they really use vinyl for the the leather part of the cloth seats?

I personally like the fixed look of the stock stereo better. I hate rattles and etc. My other question is how does the stock stereo sound? If the optional radio is an 8 what is the basic?

If i were to buy so far i'm definitly getting.
1. P02 xenon
2. performance package
3. Ipod kit
4. ??????Leather??????
5. ??????Flip screen nav???? If 09 has fixed screen nav i'm all set.
Old 06-26-2008 | 02:20 AM
Almost a Member!

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by alroumi
Sorry buts its Pure Budget edition,
+1
Old 06-26-2008 | 10:05 AM

2018 C63s
IMHO, I support Evo in his decision. Not such a bad idea. He essentially got the most important option : the 6.2 AMG Engine. Think of it this way, if he decides to get leather later on, he can get the seats covered by a custom shop for probably less than he would have originally paid. Same goes for the H/K system. Also, just as a reminder, think of how many people retrofitted BIX and Navi on their W203's... Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-26-2008 | 04:28 PM

2009 Black C63 AMG
Originally Posted by gixxer
Thanks for the pic. I was looking for that for a while. I wonder if the stock stereo system is acceptable.

Speaking of performance i was thinking about the cloth seats. Leather seat alway slide around and my question is that how much more weight power seats add to the weight. If it's like 100lbs for both I am really considering the cloth seats with performance option, with Xenons, and maybe Multimedia. It's just strange how on the other thread the weight jumped to 4000lbs. That is crazy heavy for the size of the car but if multimedia and leather drop the weight 200lbs I may be happy to do that.
I spent a good deal of time moving back and forth between a 300 and 350 at the dealer one with Multimedia the other with the standard stereo. I am not a fanatic about sound in my car, but it is important. Anyway, the difference is unbelievable. The standard stereo is weak with very little bass and average mids and highs. The Harman Kardon option is really good. The power is very noticeable. The car is filled with sound. The bass, mids and highs are miles better than the standard stereo. That test session made up my mind. Multimedia all the way.