C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered mine today...Pure Perfomance Edition!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 01:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350
Just ordered mine today...Pure Perfomance Edition!

I just ordered a 2009...Palladium Silver with Ash MB Tex Interior and aluminum trim. Does anyone have pictures of what this looks like, because I kinda "winged it!" Only options are AMG Performance Package and iPod Integration...No leather, no Premium 2, no Multimedia, etc. I would have liked the H/K sound but you can't get it as a stand-alone without getting Navi which I don't want. I also would have liked the Limited Slip alone (what is UP with LSD not being standard on a 451HP car?!), but you can't have that either without getting the "cartilage elimination suspension package." Anyway, I remembered living in Europe as a kid seeing Carreras and other performance cars with cloth interiors...It just seemed appealing to build a minimalist car. Oh yeah, I also wanted the Carbon Fiber trim, but $2,500 for what is essentially three pieces of CF just seemed ridiculous. Well, the wait begins! Again, any pics of the cloth interior would be great!

COOP
2007 E350 with Sport and Premium
1973 BMW 2002 tii with Stroked 1991 M3 Engine
2007 KTM 950 Supermoto
Old 06-21-2008, 01:15 AM

05 e55
Originally Posted by m2002evo
I just ordered a 2009...Palladium Silver with Ash MB Tex Interior and aluminum trim. Does anyone have pictures of what this looks like, because I kinda "winged it!" Only options are AMG Performance Package and iPod Integration...No leather, no Premium 2, no Multimedia, etc. I would have liked the H/K sound but you can't get it as a stand-alone without getting Navi which I don't want. I also would have liked the Limited Slip alone (what is UP with LSD not being standard on a 451HP car?!), but you can't have that either without getting the "cartilage elimination suspension package." Anyway, I remembered living in Europe as a kid seeing Carreras and other performance cars with cloth interiors...It just seemed appealing to build a minimalist car. Oh yeah, I also wanted the Carbon Fiber trim, but $2,500 for what is essentially three pieces of CF just seemed ridiculous. Well, the wait begins! Again, any pics of the cloth interior would be great!

COOP
2007 KTM 950 Supermoto
Where are you from?
And y would you get a c63 with only those options?
Old 06-21-2008, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Did you get Xenons? I find it's a must have on Mercedes.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:52 AM

E350
Different Strokes for different folks!

I'm sorry, but I thought I explained why I ordered my car that way in my original post...I just wanted a minimalist, no frills performance car that I could take to the track on occasion... I don't feel Xenons are essential, don't want leather (LOVE the look of the cloth in the few pics I have seen such as the MB Poland Site), definitely don't want a Navigation screen rattling around (although I'm bummed about the H/K sound, sniff), don't feel Carbon is worth $2,500, DO see the logic of a limited slip, superior brakes, superior suspension, oh yeah, and I love my iPod! Anyway, think how bored we'd all be on this forum if we all had the same idea as to what constitues the perfect C63!

COOP
Old 06-21-2008, 02:12 AM

Lotus 7 S4, 09 C63 Palladium with Black leather interior
Limited slip diff

I have an 09 C63 on order for delivery in August with a limited slip diff without the performance package. It is now available in Australia as a stand alone option.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:46 AM
Almost a Member!

C63
you my friend, are a diamond in the rough. personally, i loaded mine, but i applaud the individuality.

BTW, i too have a 73tii, which i posted here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/246617-let-s-see-your-other-pride-joy.html

..all stock, no s14, but a great driver! post up some pics of your tii, i'd love to see it.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:49 AM

C63 Darth Vader
Originally Posted by Fangster
I have an 09 C63 on order for delivery in August with a limited slip diff without the performance package. It is now available in Australia as a stand alone option.
Same here (UK) option code 471.

M
Old 06-21-2008, 10:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Originally Posted by m2002evo

COOP
2007 KTM 950 Supermoto
I hope you are planning to keep this car forever...... you will get nothing for it if you trade or sell it.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:26 AM

E350
It's lease, like all my new cars...

Originally Posted by Schiznick
I hope you are planning to keep this car forever...... you will get nothing for it if you trade or sell it.
...so I'm not worried about that.
Old 06-21-2008, 10:28 AM

E350
Here ya go!

Originally Posted by etowns!
you my friend, are a diamond in the rough. personally, i loaded mine, but i applaud the individuality.

BTW, i too have a 73tii, which i posted here:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=246617

..all stock, no s14, but a great driver! post up some pics of your tii, i'd love to see it.

http://www.m2bmw.com/cooper.htm
Old 06-21-2008, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by Schiznick
tell me about it
Old 06-21-2008, 11:12 AM

'09 C63 Performance Package - Steel Grey/Sahara Biege
I support the idea, it's your car so get it how you want it. Reminds me of the the pure performance options on some of the more traditional muscle cars with "radio delete" and "spare tire delete" options. Good for you.

I just ordered mine and almost didn't get a bunch of non-essentials (xenon's, navigation, etc), but for resale sake added them back in by the time my order was placed. Given what AMGs do in the resale market, it should be the least of our concerns...we'll take a beating regardless.
Old 06-21-2008, 11:24 AM

09 C63
Along the same note, I ordered my 09 on Thursday. Iridium Silver on black, carbon fiber trim, and 3 of four packages. I didn't get the AMG performance package as I see no need for it. My date for pickup is 6 October... AT the factory! I can't wait! Anybody want to come? Ha ha. I'll take pictures.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

G55 & SLK55
Sorry buts its Pure Budget edition,
Old 06-21-2008, 07:26 PM

c63
I have a similar car on order. 09 C63, Mars red (no cost), performance package, and I-pod Interconnect. Nothing else! Ordered May, expect delivery first of August.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:44 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Personally I don't see why anyone would not at least get the P2 package? I think the xenons alone are worth the price, not simply for the brighter lights, but the headlight housings are different as well (ie. more aggressive with black housings instead of chrome)

Oh, in regards to the Navigation, you'll still have a screen "rattling" around (mine is smooth and quiet btw), just a smaller less attractive one. Plus, it is a mechanical push pop-up as opposed to the fluid electric pop-up that comes with the Multimedia package.

I know you say you winged it, but you may want to rethink the P2 and Multimedia package. I debated these 2 as well, but quickly realized these packages add nothing but value to the car. I don't need the navigation, but just compare pictures of the nav screen vs the 5" pop up screen, that alone might convince you.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:29 AM

C63

Personally I appreciate your honesty with your own money. I do like the cloth interiors as well. Alcantara is my favourite though. Limited slip I hope becomes a stand alone option. Congrats to you. Please post some pics when you do get it.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:10 PM

Audi R8
In 2 years time, MB will sell this spec, (with carpets and soundproofing removed)as a "superleggera" , "RS" or "Black" and charge extra for it!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:03 PM

GX470
I ordered my Pure Budget Edition C63 as well. Should get it mid-August. Without knowing the cost of any of these packages, I chose the Performance Package over the P2 / Multimedia / Napa leather. Simply Jet Black on Black with aluminum and PP.

I simply thought I like this car and want to have it because of its performance; not the xenon for looks, navigation to impress people of the car's interior (which WILL look outdated no more than 3 years from now; if you don't believe me, check out any of them from 03-05, they look bad with poor resolution and miminal storage capacity), napa leather at $3k or so for comfort, or even Harman system (I want to enjoy my engine note). I would rather save the money for tuning and extracting the most that I can from the car's engine and setup.

Different strokes for different folks I guess...
Old 06-24-2008, 07:47 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by r8ecosse
In 2 years time, MB will sell this spec, (with carpets and soundproofing removed)as a "superleggera" , "RS" or "Black" and charge extra for it!

Bet on it.

-Troy
Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Almost a Member!

i personally think that a stripper c63 if you can call it that is one of the biggest bargains around right now. Everyone always talked about a corvette being one of the greatest deals just for its engine and performance regardless of its low-rent interior, and now you can get a mercedes with just as good performance for the same price. Everyone talks about resale being lower for the non-leather version, but i dunno if it's gonna be that much different that the 3k saved. i like the way the two-tone cloth seats look in the stock photos, but I am curious how it is in person.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:58 PM

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
AMG GT-R
Well I'm not trying to tell anyone how to configure their car, so please don't take it as such, however I do think it's a little silly to leave out options such as P2 and Multimedia if the main reasoning is to have a "Pure Performance Edition". If it is a budget decision, then so be it, you don't need to explain your reasons to anyone. But if not, then I don't really think less is more in this situation. If sunroof delete were an option, I could see this as performance enhancing.

Xenons are more then just for looks. Obviously they are brighter, but the P2 also includes the directional fog lights that light up in the direction you are turning. Not necessary, but pretty cool feature that I've come to enjoy.

Also, I wouldn't buy the navigation to impress other people either, I would or wouldn't buy it to please yourself. But again, you get more then just navigation with the Multimedia package, you also get:

§ 7" Power Rectractable Display
§ COMAND Navigation
§ harman/kardon LOGIC7 Surround Sound System
§ Voice Control
§ PCMCIA Slot
§ 6-Disc CD/DVD Changer with Video Playback
§ Music Register

Without the multimedia package your dash will look like this:

Btw, I love listening to the engine note as well, but at cruise the car is rather quiet. Easy to press the mute button on the steering wheel as well, which I've become rather familiar with, when you want to hear the engine

Anyhow, again I'm not trying to bash anyones configuration. I was in the same position when I placed my order back in January, and was about to leave off the P2 and Multimedia package as well until the points I mentioned above were brought to my attention. Either way you are going to love the car.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:59 AM

2005 C230KSS 6spd
NO JDM WITH DTM!!!!

euro is all about the heavy
-joke. i know dtm cars are lightweight.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
SLS Irridium silver,2014 GL350 BT Irridium, 2015 White Dodge RAM Hemi Quad
That looks like just a C class dash, seems to be missing the guages and most important, the flat bottom wheel which is standard on all C63.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boxster
Thanks for the pic. I was looking for that for a while. I wonder if the stock stereo system is acceptable.

Speaking of performance i was thinking about the cloth seats. Leather seat alway slide around and my question is that how much more weight power seats add to the weight. If it's like 100lbs for both I am really considering the cloth seats with performance option, with Xenons, and maybe Multimedia. It's just strange how on the other thread the weight jumped to 4000lbs. That is crazy heavy for the size of the car but if multimedia and leather drop the weight 200lbs I may be happy to do that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just ordered mine today...Pure Perfomance Edition!