C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K&N Air Filter(s) for the C63 (6.2L V8) is/are Out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
K&N Air Filter(s) for the C63 (6.2L V8) is/are Out!

Just to let you guys know the K&N air filters (#33-2405 per K&N web site) are out for the 6.2L V8 engine. It is my understanding that TWO are required for the installation. Please spare me the BS about the oil from the filter getting on the mass air or what ever it has. In the past having sold thousands of K&N air filters world wide, (was in the after market for 10 years) that problem was from people getting way to excited about applying the oil after a cleaning. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyway, the filters are out for what ever thats worth.

-Troy

Last edited by Glock Guru; 07-01-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
pretty sick.....since im new to any type of mod

what kind of maintenance do you need to do with filters
Old 07-01-2008, 05:07 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
pretty sick.....since im new to any type of mod

what kind of maintenance do you need to do with filters
Next to nothing. You "average" driver should get 30K mile or so minimum before needing a cleaning. It is a good product with a good track record of performance and customer service.

Check out www.knfilters.com for more about cleaning and other stuff.

-Troy
Old 07-01-2008, 05:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Fantastic. I may put one in my 09 SLK55 and see if I can get a 1.4 hp gain.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Spare

You,spare us
independent test
http://www.duramax-diesel.com/spicer/index.htm
10 years in the after market adds up to squat.Mercedes has been in the car business for over a hundred years that still did not prevent them from coming up with so called lifetime transmission fluid.That failed before 100k miles.
OEM paper filter flows more air,cleaner air,and no issue.
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"
It is my understanding that none are required for installation.
1.439 H.P. at least and that is at the CRANK
Old 07-01-2008, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by ohlord
You,spare us
independent test
10 years in the after market adds up to squat.Mercedes has been in the car business for over a hundred years that still did not prevent them from coming up with so called lifetime transmission fluid.That failed before 100k miles.
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"
Facts are completely irrelevant here. People don't buy K&N filters because they offer performance gains. They buy them because of an incontrovertible belief that they offer a gain. It is the same thing with herbs and supplements, copper bracelets and magnets. I applaud K&N for exploiting this weakness of the human condition. If they don't someone else will.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300E a couple 1994 w124wagon E320 Wagon/,1971MGB Track/Rally, MG Midget Autocross ,2000 E320 wagon.
Yup

if you install a k/n and then stick in halo plugs and add some laser wires,mix well with a spoon .Toss in little bit of sprintbooster, sprinkle on a teaspoon of the reptile oil(sold only at the gullible store)
From my understanding it adds up to about Well actually it adds up to nothing.
I love the sprintbooster claim that the car feels quicker
Last time I won a race in a car because it felt quicker the other guy staged to deep and fell asleep before I moved into the beam
ohlord
Old 07-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
if you install a k/n and then stick in halo plugs and add some laser wires,mix well with a spoon .Toss in little bit of sprintbooster, sprinkle on a teaspoon of the reptile oil(sold only at the gullible store)
Last time I won a race in a car because it felt quicker the other guy staged to deep and fell asleep before I moved into the beam
ohlord
Old 07-01-2008, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
ohlord
You guys are too skeptical. The next you'll say is that the $4500 optical cable from the dvd player to my tv isn't any better than the $20 cable from Walmart.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by GBlansten
You guys are too skeptical. The next you'll say is that the $4500 optical cable from the dvd player to my tv isn't any better than the $20 cable from Walmart.
or the $200 Monster branded DVI cable isn't any better than the $15 one from Amazon
Old 07-01-2008, 07:05 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
You,spare us
independent test
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"
I just knew I would get the "cry baby air filter police" to come out in full force.

Well I don't know what the HP thing is all about. I had nothing in my post about K&N's horse power numbers. If you are a slow reader, try the R.I.F. program. As for the years in the after market not adding up to squat, after you sell tens of thousands of filters you can get a good idea if a product works or not. If a person is a moron and can't use the product correctly, sorry. In over 25 years of use in over 15+ new cars / trucks / I have owned and several race cars I have never had a problem with K&N products.

All I said is the product is out on the market and I have good luck with it. If you don't like it don't F**KING use it, I don't really give a S#!T!!!!

Thats all I have to say on that.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
I just knew I would get the "cry baby air filter police" to come out in full force.

Well I don't know what the HP thing is all about. I had nothing in my post about K&N's horse power numbers. If you are a slow reader, try the R.I.F. program. As for the years in the after market not adding up to squat, after you sell tens of thousands of filters you can get a good idea if a product works or not. If a person is a moron and can't use the product correctly, sorry. In over 25 years of use in over 15+ new cars / trucks / I have owned and several race cars I have never had a problem with K&N products.

All I said is the product is out on the market and I have good luck with it. If you don't like it don't F**KING use it, I don't really give a S#!T!!!!

I put a K&N air filter on my home ac system and my arthritis got better and my dogs have a shinier coat and stronger teeth.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:11 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG
You,spare us
independent test
ohlord
"GOT CODES?"
Incorrect......Paper does not flow more air than K&N. Buy yourself a magnahelic gauge and measure for yourself and see.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
Honestly, in some other cars with intake systems not desinged as well as MB, changing filters may help. I have seen numbers to prove both sides. I'm still not convinced that they are a better filter.

Also, the argument that race cars use them dosen't mean they make a good application for street use. Race cars are rebuilt much more often, and longevity over an extended period of time +100K miles isn't a consideration.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
I just know after I'd installed those K&N filters on my SLK, the car's response is instant. Mind you, I picked up the car the same day I installed the filters, so I know right away what works or not. Not to mention, better fuel mileage, avg highway is 23.8 MPG.

Last edited by 2MANYCARS; 07-01-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

To the

contrary.It is the K/N cult that are the air filter cry babies
Google k/n or kand n or air filters and see who comes out the most often singing the tune of "hey guys look at what just came out and I (in my gullible stupidity) installed." Then they go on with the cry of "my butt dyno tells me the car is much quicker"(because it is louder)Usually the guys with the butt dynos are the ones that lose the race to the other guyThen they end with their "concern for the quality of the air passing through the filter"
In contrast we can't ferret out all you gullababies and when we do get to one,it always ends the same way
"All I said is the product is out on the market and I have good luck with it. If you don't like it don't F**KING use it, I don't really give a S#!T!!!!"
Which somehow always forgets to mention the original posters comments of how long they have been using them,and if anyone had problems it was there own fault for using to much oil,how much air they flow(see the real results above)
and how they know because they just picked up their car from the shop(usually because they are to incompetent to change their own air filters)
With an Adieu they almost always end their tirade with
"Thats all I have to say on that"
which most often means they will be back for more once they can catch their breath and gather their wits
ohlord
BTW Magnehelic Gauges measure air pressure not air flow and if you believe one clean paper filter and one clean K/N filter have different air pressure after the filter and that K/N somehow increased it,then buddy I have a bridge in NYC that needs to be sold.Please bring cash.

Last edited by ohlord; 07-01-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:18 PM

2002 C32 ///AMG
Google k/n or kand n or air filters and see who comes out the most often singing the tune of "hey guys look at what just came out and I (in my gullible stupidity) installed." Then they go on with the cry of "my butt dyno tells me the car is much quicker"(because it is louder)Usually the guys with the butt dynos are the ones that lose the race to the other guyThen they end with their "concern for the quality of the air passing through the filter"
In contrast we can't ferret out all you gullababies and when we do get to one,it always ends the same way
"All I said is the product is out on the market and I have good luck with it. If you don't like it don't F**KING use it, I don't really give a S#!T!!!!"
Which somehow always forgets to mention the original posters comments of how long they have been using them,and if anyone had problems it was there own fault for using to much oil,how much air they flow(see the real results above)
and how they know because they just picked up their car from the shop(usually because they are to incompetent to change their own air filters)
which most often means they will be back for more once they can catch their breath and gather their wits
ohlord
BTW Magnehelic Gauges measure air pressure not air flow and if you believe one clean paper filter and one clean K/N filter have different air pressure after the filter and that K/N somehow increased it,then buddy I have a bridge in NYC that needs to be sold.Please bring cash.
Guess again, mag gauges do not measure 'air pressure' they measure differential pressure -- 'big difference'. K&N (as is Green, AEM and a few others) is a less restrictive filter than any OE cellulose filter period and it flows more air compared to cellulose filter. What business are you in? Politics? Cause your facts are thrown around like it.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
I'm wondering if the filters will help my 3yr old's electric Corvette?
Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Originally Posted by dlbello
I'm wondering if the filters will help my 3yr old's electric Corvette?
Absolutely and they'll help his growth curve and reduce his risk for colon cancer later in life.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:32 PM

2009 C63 AMG Black on Black PP Package CF fully loaded
Originally Posted by GBlansten
Absolutely and they'll help his growth curve and reduce his risk for colon cancer later in life.
Thats great...then I should order a Case of filters along with a Case of A$$ wipes...
Old 07-01-2008, 11:06 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ohlord

Guess again, mag gauges do not measure 'air pressure' they measure differential pressure -- 'big difference'. K&N (as is Green, AEM and a few others) is a less restrictive filter than any OE cellulose filter period and it flows more air compared to cellulose filter. What business are you in? Politics? Cause your facts are thrown around like it.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzz

Quiet!!! I'm trying to get some sleep!!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
lets do this, how about everyone reading the thread do a quick search for MAF and oil.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:49 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
2019 AMG GT63S, 2020 Ferrari 488 PISTA
Originally Posted by Glock Guru

Well put!!
Old 07-02-2008, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Just remove the charcoal filters and leave the stock filters. Don't waste your money on ohter filters and ****.

REMOVE THE CHARCOAL FILTERS and you will free up a good chunk of power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K&N Air Filter(s) for the C63 (6.2L V8) is/are Out!