C 63 AMG CHECK ENGINE ?? help !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 C63 AMG, 08 Porsche GT2, 06 Mercedes SLR Mclaren
Angry C 63 AMG CHECK ENGINE ?? help !

hello everyone ,,

i have only 57 miles on my car and check engine came out, I checked the Gas cap everything was fine, i will take it to the dealer by tomorrow morning !
anyone faced the same problem ! it's really annoying me !!!
Attached Thumbnails C 63 AMG CHECK ENGINE ?? help !-23072008359.jpg  
Old 07-24-2008, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by ABUDHABI
hello everyone ,,

i have only 57 miles on my car and check engine came out, I checked the Gas cap everything was fine, i will take it to the dealer by tomorrow morning !
sorry to hear it !!!!

but its a pretty common problem
check the last 2 or 3 pages

there are a few threads on this

thankfully, its not a big problem

some kind of sensor if i remember correctly
Old 07-24-2008, 11:31 PM

12 C63 AMG, 08 Porsche GT2, 06 Mercedes SLR Mclaren
i hope that its a minor thing ,, even though its still annoying !!
i had the same problem with my SLR "Check engine" ,, !! it has only 1500 km ,, anyways ,, i hope none of you guys have any problems with your cars ,,
Old 07-24-2008, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
yea you shouldnt worry...

but thats probably easier said then done

but most ppl with this problem experienced it just like you
usually under 100 miles on the car
Old 07-24-2008, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Yep. Sounds like a batch of bad cam position sensors. Doesn't sound like great quality control, but hopefully it was a one-time problem.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:36 AM
iku

slk32(gone), 08 c63.
it should go away in a couple of days, i had the same problem after a refueling my gas tank! no problem since then. (it was around 70miles too)
Old 07-25-2008, 01:10 AM

2009 C63, 2006 Cadillac CTS-V Series, 2007 Limited Expedition, Sweet 1999 Ford E-250
Indeed I say.. Indeed! Yeah my dealer called merc. and found that its a bad module for the cam shaft timing thats causing the engine light to come on. About an hour repair! No big deal. Im heading in tomorrow to get mine taken care of...
Old 07-25-2008, 01:30 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Originally Posted by ABUDHABI
hello everyone ,,

That is one HOT F**King car! Excuse my French.. but that is just way too hot! I love love love this car!
Old 07-25-2008, 03:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
What I like!
wow, 57 miles? Mine went on at 60 miles!

One of my camshaft position sensors was replaced. Flawless ever since, now at 2300 miles.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:23 AM

C63 AMG, Porsche Cayenne Turbo
Sorry to hear the engine check light came on, bit surprising regarding how mercedes has decided to cut their profits and concentrate on builld quality. Lovely SLR by the way!
Old 07-25-2008, 04:51 PM

Steel Gray 09' C63 AMG
Originally Posted by HMMRTME
Indeed I say.. Indeed! Yeah my dealer called merc. and found that its a bad module for the cam shaft timing thats causing the engine light to come on. About an hour repair! No big deal. Im heading in tomorrow to get mine taken care of...
They had this problem with 08's and this C63 is a 09' right? WTF. That should have been flagged sooner by AMG/MB. Had built engine or not, you build thousands and thousands of engines a year I guess you don't always get the best QC.

-Troy
Old 07-25-2008, 05:44 PM

08' S550,,,C63!
That really sucks big time.

I cant stand taking a new car to the dealer, I have had pretty bad experiance with dealers messing up my car.

I recommend you go there and have them check on the spot, it is easy they simply connect the computer and check to see if it's the sensors or something else is wrong.

My Range Rover went in more than 5 times starting with 60 miles and every week I took it back until they told me the I was putting premium gas from Shell instead of texaco? I never got what was the difference, but apparently it worked!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:46 PM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Ahhhh Having the same issue! check engine light.. and so far no solutions! only 200km on the car! This is soo annoying!
Old 08-11-2008, 05:53 PM

bike
Originally Posted by mrtesting
Ahhhh Having the same issue! check engine light.. and so far no solutions! only 200km on the car! This is soo annoying!

Welcome to the club

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/255328-so-i-got-my-white-sahara-c63.html

Last edited by bigbodybeeenz; 08-11-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:36 PM

08 C63 AMG, 09 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, 09 Audi A8L, 09 Ferrari California, 08 S Class
I had this issue as well. Turned out it was an issue with a sensor that simply needed to be replaced. Car was tested and returned and has been fine since. Very plausible that you may be having a similar issue- unless you can 'feel' that the car is running in emergency mode.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe' '99' Audi A4 Avant Quattro 2.8 DD
Had the same issue, but mine went on at 2000miles. Took it in & they said it was a faulty sensor. Hasn't come back on.....yet.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:49 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
Ok so this is how my story has gone so far from the time I took the car in to the dealership earlier today...

I drop off the car... a few hours later I get a phone call from the service guy telling me that they have to keep the car over night.. because THEIR computers CANNOT RECOGNIZE My 2009 C63 AMG that has just rolled off the factory line!!!!!! He said that he has however opened a ticket of some kind with MB HeadQuarters to resolve the issue..

Obviously I was quite outraged.. so I kindly asked the gentleman to call me back with more update.. he called back an hour or so later, telling me that.. yes we need to keep the car over night as our computer says that there is an issue with the fuel tank, so he explained to me that tomorrow morning, they will be removing the rear seats from the car, so that they can inspect the fuel tank sensors or whatever the hell they need to look it! The interesting thing is that before he even tells me anything about the issue he asks me whether I have pushed the car to its limits, which pissed me off even more, because I have kept everything to the manual, and it sounded like he was trying to save himself the hassle of finding a solution and rather just blame the end user.. classic case of crappy customer service!

I apologize.. I am really angry! I have barely had the car for 2 days!
Old 08-12-2008, 01:49 AM

bike
Originally Posted by mrtesting
Ok so this is how my story has gone so far from the time I took the car in to the dealership earlier today...

I drop off the car... a few hours later I get a phone call from the service guy telling me that they have to keep the car over night.. because THEIR computers CANNOT RECOGNIZE My 2009 C63 AMG that has just rolled off the factory line!!!!!! He said that he has however opened a ticket of some kind with MB HeadQuarters to resolve the issue..

Obviously I was quite outraged.. so I kindly asked the gentleman to call me back with more update.. he called back an hour or so later, telling me that.. yes we need to keep the car over night as our computer says that there is an issue with the fuel tank, so he explained to me that tomorrow morning, they will be removing the rear seats from the car, so that they can inspect the fuel tank sensors or whatever the hell they need to look it! The interesting thing is that before he even tells me anything about the issue he asks me whether I have pushed the car to its limits, which pissed me off even more, because I have kept everything to the manual, and it sounded like he was trying to save himself the hassle of finding a solution and rather just blame the end user.. classic case of crappy customer service!

I apologize.. I am really angry! I have barely had the car for 2 days!

Same thing with my car. Something wrong with the fuel tank/exhaust system. They have already replaced a faulty purge valve, but since the light came on my car is also currently at the dealer overnight. Hopefully they can figure this out!!!
Old 08-12-2008, 09:55 AM

09' C63 AMG (Gisele)
My guy just called me and told me that they have reset the car and the light has gone away.. and as for a fix.. it seems my car is the first to ever have this issue according to him, and that as of right now they don't have a fix for it!

He said that if he doesn't hear from the Head Quarters with a proper fix-up method, he is going to release the car back to me, and then have it monitored regularly.

All I can say is that either I have the worst luck possible, or Mr. David Winterholf of AMG has forgotten to tighten a few screws somewhere..