C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experience with Clear Bra install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:10 PM
passcheco

I have a Black car and I just had the front bumper done (no hood or fenders nor mirrors) But I think I want the mirror done next. About $800 N Cal (primier) great job
Old 11-21-2008, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63, BMW E46 M3
Artic White with custom complete coverage of full hood, front fenders, bumper, rocker panels, rear wheel arches and mirrors and trim underneath trunk for just north of 2,000. Well worth it. 2 small rock chips that were very noticeable in first week of ownership. I touched them up and got the Venture shield clear bra. No rock chips since. Easier to wash and wipe down. Yes, bird droppings etch the bra just as easily as they etch the paint. Trust me, etching can happen as soon as that crap touches the paint! I'd rather have the bra etched then the paint. I am very happy with the investment. I highly recommend www.premiermobilegroup.com in NorCal. They tour Socal every several weeks. If you can get a group together they may fly out of state. I would contact them. If not done right the bra is very visible and looks like crap.
I wish I had known about clear bras for my E46 M3. I will never own another high performance car without getting the clear bra again.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:04 AM
passcheco

Originally Posted by docmfg
Artic White with custom complete coverage of full hood, front fenders, bumper, rocker panels, rear wheel arches and mirrors and trim underneath trunk for just north of 2,000. Well worth it. 2 small rock chips that were very noticeable in first week of ownership. I touched them up and got the Venture shield clear bra. No rock chips since. Easier to wash and wipe down. Yes, bird droppings etch the bra just as easily as they etch the paint. Trust me, etching can happen as soon as that crap touches the paint! I'd rather have the bra etched then the paint. I am very happy with the investment. I highly recommend www.premiermobilegroup.com in NorCal. They tour Socal every several weeks. If you can get a group together they may fly out of state. I would contact them. If not done right the bra is very visible and looks like crap.
I wish I had known about clear bras for my E46 M3. I will never own another high performance car without getting the clear bra again.

No offence but, Why din't you just had your car wraped?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:01 AM

C63, BMW E46 M3
Originally Posted by passcheco
No offence but, Why din't you just had your car wraped?
None taken but if it were a Lambo or Ferrari I would have. What I have on it offers the protection I want. Partial protection of the hood and fenders is not enough IMHO. As an FYI, to have it wrapped by these guys it would have cost at least double. I know 2k is lot for some people but it is it well worth it for the piece of mind I got from having these guys do it. I could have easily done it for half the price but did not want trust others without any history of referrals. These guys are well-known around the M3, P-car, Ferrari, Lambo forums and come highly recommended.

Last edited by docmfg; 11-24-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:25 PM
mhh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 MB E63 Wagon, 2012 BMW M5, 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2010 Ferrari 458
I got clearbra on my S65 before delivery and had the full hood and front guards done so there is no line. Also the lights and mirrors. I've also got it on a 911 and a Lambo - again, right up to the windscreen. I like to go driving with friends in convoy and the bra saves the inevitable stone chips. I guess it will yellow with age but I can replace the bra for the cost of minor paint work so I'm still in front. I've fitted clearbra to my last 5 or so cars and I wouldn't go without for anything that gets used out of town.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:49 PM

AMG C63
I had mine clear bra'd and the installer said it was the hardest car he'd ever done.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:37 PM

C63 for Xmas.
Originally Posted by mhh
I got clearbra on my S65 before delivery and had the full hood and front guards done so there is no line. Also the lights and mirrors. I've also got it on a 911 and a Lambo - again, right up to the windscreen. I like to go driving with friends in convoy and the bra saves the inevitable stone chips. I guess it will yellow with age but I can replace the bra for the cost of minor paint work so I'm still in front. I've fitted clearbra to my last 5 or so cars and I wouldn't go without for anything that gets used out of town.
I notice by your Sig you are also in Australia. Who/where did you get the clearbra installed from ?

BTW - I am Sydney based.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Pay to have it professionally installed. If you've never done it, especially on a car with a lot of detail, you will spend more in trashed kits than paying a pro.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:08 PM
mhh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 MB E63 Wagon, 2012 BMW M5, 2010 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2010 Ferrari 458
Originally Posted by c63_rhs
I notice by your Sig you are also in Australia. Who/where did you get the clearbra installed from ?

BTW - I am Sydney based.

I'm in Adelaide but had the bras done in Melbourne by Invisible Car Bras. I've heard OziCozi is the best bet in Sydney, but don't know for sure.

http://www.ozicozi.com.au/
Old 11-26-2008, 01:12 AM

C63 for Xmas.
MHH - many thanks.

R
Old 11-26-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
I don't remember how much I paid, but it should have been around the $1000range. Premier (www.premiermobilegroup.com) did it for me and it took them about five hours. Small price to pay for piece of mind. I'd do it all over again
Old 11-29-2008, 02:27 AM

2006 Mercedes C55 AMG
I know not a C63 but can you see the clear bra from VentureShield? You can barely see it but I'd rather see a faint line than a HUGE rock chip.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 E350 4matic
not sure this helps... but i had the "clear shield" i believe its 3m installed, on a 2005 black pathfinder when new. im sure there are higher quality coatings now a days, however i am VERY glad i did it. it is hardly noticable and anyone who is not a super car nut doesnt even know its there. it now has 80,000 miles of highway driving and sitting outside M-F from 8 to 5. it looks as good as it did when new. no fading no peeling no nothing. just blemish free paint. my windshield however is sandblasted by the highway driving.

bottom line... i WILL DEFINATELY put some sort of clear coating on my C63 when i finally get one. it is a life saver if you are going to keep your vehicle. i am very pleased!!!