***anyone want my C63???***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by tee_tz
I really didn't want to reply to this thread because it seems like it's just adding fuel to the fire, but it's almost frustrating.

I'll be the first to admit that not every thought warrants a new thread, but when people started getting mad that someone else is getting another car, that's when this thread became a complete joke. The salesperson wouldn't care if he wasted his time -- for them it happens all the time -- so I don't understand how people could care that someone changed their mind, even if they answered many of his questions. It's just so silly.

LE, get whatever you want, who the heck cares whether a C63 is better than a 650 or not. Whatever! It's not like you were obligated to buy a C63 because you joined the forum or posted in the C63 section. You did 'car research' and it's as simple as that. Jeez.

Hopefully the rest can live with that because I can't understand how much internet space people have wasted in the past 4-5 pages. This thread should has simply been 1-2 pages of people interested in acquiring a C63.

Tee_Tz.
thanks dude, i guess ppl from NY just have a bit more common sense

hahahaha, i just cant help myself sometimes

but to be serious, i wanted the C63 more than a 650
the 650 wasnt even on my radar

but i wasn not looking to pay 1440 for the C class
just not gonna happen
Old 08-13-2008, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by Last Emperor
thanks dude, i guess ppl from NY just have a bit more common sense

hahahaha, i just cant help myself sometimes

but to be serious, i wanted the C63 more than a 650
the 650 wasnt even on my radar

but i wasn not looking to pay 1440 for the C class
just not gonna happen
Yeah, I wouldn't pay $1,440 for a C63 either.

Tee_Tz.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
the car should be priced at 1000-1250 TOPS

just my honest opinion

Last edited by Last Emperor; 08-13-2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Just a prediction here... but, BMW will once again outsell Mercedes-Benz when you compare the C63 to the M3. Better lease rates, better maintenance programs, better reliability.

And by no means am I taking shots at the C63, it's an amazing car, but unfortunately the manufactures of the car are a bunch of idiots. I mean the screw up on the PP was probably the biggest blunder I've heard about in such a long time!

Tee_Tz.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
yea i agree....alltho my bimmer guy says the M3 isnt selling aswell as BMW would like

i think thats due to the C63

to buy the car is great...but when ppl get lease quotes of 1400+ im predicting they will head for zee hills

do you guys realize a CLS63/E63 is not that much more expensive, yet the MSRPs are 20-30k more

makes no sense to me

same dealer offered me a 106k S class 2 weeks ago for LESS

Last edited by Last Emperor; 08-13-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 SL600

just my honest opinion
The car should be priced at whatever the market will bear. It's certainly not uncommon for a company to price themselves out of a market they're not interested in. Maybe MB just doesn't want to lease the C63. They've been getting burned on AMG residuals over the last few years.

Take my car, for instance. '06 E55 bought in Apr '06. 68% 24-month resid. They let me amortize it over 27. They then give me a .00125 MF (2.4% interest). The car is disounted by the dealer $8k. And on the back end, my resid value was $61k for car that was worth $52k at best. There was money being lost all over the books. But, heck, I had a $0 down monthly pmt of $1,050 (plus tax). Bully for me. Bad for them.

It seems we've hit a point with the credit crunch, rising gas/oil, and a slowing used car market that more car companies will likely make leasing unaffordable. It doesn't make fiscal sense for a company like MB to make a lease price "reasonable" just to make a sale and lose money. So, you make a few less cars, you crank down the resid, crank up the MF and let customers know that you are interested in them taking the ownership risk vs. the company taking it.

I know GMAC financial is taking a step back and moving their lease incentives over to the buy side. Chrysler financial is stepping out of the market completely. It certainly seems that the future will bear a much less friendly lease market. You may still find a deal here and there on a prior year model, but I doubt there will be nearly as many good deals as we had in past years.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by metalica_23
The car should be priced at whatever the market will bear. It's certainly not uncommon for a company to price themselves out of a market they're not interested in. Maybe MB just doesn't want to lease the C63. They've been getting burned on AMG residuals over the last few years.

Take my car, for instance. '06 E55 bought in Apr '06. 68% 24-month resid. They let me amortize it over 27. They then give me a .00125 MF (2.4% interest). The car is disounted by the dealer $8k. And on the back end, my resid value was $61k for car that was worth $52k at best. There was money being lost all over the books. But, heck, I had a $0 down monthly pmt of $1,050 (plus tax). Bully for me. Bad for them.

It seems we've hit a point with the credit crunch, rising gas/oil, and a slowing used car market that more car companies will likely make leasing unaffordable. It doesn't make fiscal sense for a company like MB to make a lease price "reasonable" just to make a sale and lose money. So, you make a few less cars, you crank down the resid, crank up the MF and let customers know that you are interested in them taking the ownership risk vs. the company taking it.

I know GMAC financial is taking a step back and moving their lease incentives over to the buy side. Chrysler financial is stepping out of the market completely. It certainly seems that the future will bear a much less friendly lease market. You may still find a deal here and there on a prior year model, but I doubt there will be nearly as many good deals as we had in past years.
Yeah, you're right manufactures are struggling with the lease market. And sure the thing to do is build less cars and sell them at the correct price point.

I'm not necessarily referring to the C63 against the E92 M3, but I feel over the past 3-4 years BMW has gotten it spot on where Mercedes has failed. But then again, they now have a competitive product line - the C63 has much more praise and attention compared to the launch of the C55.

Tee_Tz.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

into things

Spot on. Market is not ideal for leasing and companies would want you to buy instead.

The OP made a very naive move to complain about the ridiculous lease quote that he received when he should have more clearly understood the condition of the market and the type of car he was trying to get into. At the same time, he was unwise to continuously post about other posters attacking him when clearly the issue was created by him. The two points above are heavily supported by the posting history of the OP as he obsessed and wasted months over the car but ending up not buying because of one reason he stupidly overlooked: market condition.

This should be a lesson to the OP and to others who are buying a car like this. Buying a car might not be new to everyone but it is constrained with the basic principles of buying anything. If you don't know what you're getting into, there is a greater chance that you will get shafted.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci

yup, couldnt agree more

very well said
Old 08-13-2008, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by brianhn1
Spot on. Market is not ideal for leasing and companies would want you to buy instead.

The OP made a very naive move to complain about the ridiculous lease quote that he received when he should have more clearly understood the condition of the market and the type of car he was trying to get into. At the same time, he was unwise to continuously post about other posters attacking him when clearly the issue was created by him. The two points above are heavily supported by the posting history of the OP as he obsessed and wasted months over the car but ending up not buying because of one reason he stupidly overlooked: market condition.

This should be a lesson to the OP and to others who are buying a car like this. Buying a car might not be new to everyone but it is constrained with the basic principles of buying anything. If you don't know what you're getting into, there is a greater chance that you will get shafted.
so im wrong for complaining about it?
maybe i should listen to you, suck it up, and just pay the 1440????

if im not mistaken, the fact that im getting a 650 does NOT change the current condition of the lease market

bottom line is:
IN THE SAME MARKET CONDITIONS

the 650 is a GREAT DEAL
and the C63 is a HORRIBLE deal

so whats ur point?

every car maker is facing the same market conditions
some have great deals others dont

why in this market, is MB giving GREAT deals on other makes

you cant FULLY blame the market....the case changes model by model

why are their great deals on other benzes, but horrible deals on this perticular model

why is an 09 CLS63, priced not too far from the C63
sure you cant say the oil/credit crunch is only effecting C classes

and for you to say i shouldnt complain, and just "know that this is the market" is silly!!!

if i would say "oh well, these are the mkt conditions" and just pay 1440 for the 63 would make me DUMB!!!

just like anytime in any market, there are good deals out there, and there are bad ones

Last edited by Last Emperor; 08-13-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

into things
so im wrong for complaining about it?
maybe i should listen to you, suck it up, and just pay the 1440????

if im not mistaken, the fact that im getting a 650 does NOT change the current condition of the lease market

bottom line is:
IN THE SAME MARKET CONDITIONS

the 650 is a GREAT DEAL
and the C63 is a HORRIBLE deal

so whats ur point?

every car maker is facing the same market conditions
some have great deals others dont

why in this market, is MB giving GREAT deals on other makes

you cant FULLY blame the market....the case changes model by model

why are their great deals on other benzes, but horrible deals on this perticular model

why is an 09 CLS63, priced not too far from the C63
sure you cant say the oil/credit crunch is only effecting C classes

and for you to say i shouldnt complain, and just "know that this is the market" is silly!!!

if i would say "oh well, these are the mkt conditions" and just pay 1440 for the 63 would make me DUMB!!!

just like anytime in any market, there are good deals out there, and there are bad ones
Don't get angry over my post. You need to learn how to distinguish between constructive criticism and attacks, and to understand what constructive criticism is. Maybe I'm trying to help you?

A post in this thread shows some leases on an M6 a year ago at much better deals than the 650 you are about to acquire: https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=127
Why is that?

AMG cars have historically retained low residual values. Why is that?

The C63 AMG was just released and is a hot model. So what happens to lease rates?

The current market is facing a terrible decline and many hardships. Why is that?

Answer these questions and you will find your answer as to why the C63 has such "terrible" lease rates. To me they are expected.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Almost a Member!

2005 c230k sedan
why woudent you get the m6 for less? buddy of mine had a 650 then upgraded to an m6 with the carbon fiber roof..its like night and day. the conv may be cool but ur in ny so f-it you only have the top down a qtr of the year anyway
Old 08-13-2008, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by brianhn1
Don't get angry over my post. You need to learn how to distinguish between constructive criticism and attacks, and to understand what constructive criticism is. Maybe I'm trying to help you?

A post in this thread shows some leases on an M6 a year ago at much better deals than the 650 you are about to acquire: https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=127
Why is that?

AMG cars have historically retained low residual values. Why is that?

The C63 AMG was just released and is a hot model. So what happens to lease rates?

The current market is facing a terrible decline and many hardships. Why is that?

Answer these questions and you will find your answer as to why the C63 has such "terrible" lease rates. To me they are expected.

hey sorry if you misconstrued what i said.... i didnt feel you where attacking me, nor did i get angry or anythnig like that

i just replied with my honest opinion thats all
Old 08-13-2008, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
btw, you can get an M6 for $100 a month depending on what you put down

but, with nothing down, and NYC taxes in the payment the M6 is 1600+
Old 08-13-2008, 01:09 PM

2008 ML320 CDI
btw, you can get an M6 for $100 a month depending on what you put down

but, with nothing down, and NYC taxes in the payment the M6 is 1600+
how much do we have to put down for a $100 car payment.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
lol.....i dunno

im guessing ALOT
Old 08-13-2008, 01:16 PM

'06 SL600
Yeah, that sweet M6 deal was back ~Dec 2008, if I'm not mistaken. They still had 2007 models on the lot. They were doing anything and everything to move them. I was talking to a person who's very familiar with the market and he was getting people into '07 M6s for $999/month for 36 months, with $0 down.

Keep in mind, these people were leasing a car that was "new" (0 miles), but was really a year and half old. It's hard to compare lease deals on '08/'07 models to lease rates on '09 models. One car is truly brand new, the other car already has a year of depreciation under its belt.

The sticker of an '08 may say "$100k", but at this point you're really buying/leasing an $80k car because of the 1 year of depreciation. That's why people are getting great deals right now on '08 SLs where the sticker is in the $10x,000 range and they're getting $20-25k off sticker (wow!). But, in reality, you're just paying what the car is currently worth.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:20 PM

'06 SL600
Originally Posted by CrazyDonkey
how much do we have to put down for a $100 car payment.
Do you really want the answer?

Heck, on an M6, you'd have to pay all of the depreciation up front, PLUS some of the rent charge! Even if you paid all of the depreciation (say $30k), up front, you still have to pay a rent charge on, say, $75k. At a money factor of .001 (cheap...), your rent charge alone is $150/month! So, tack another $2,500 on your depreciation amount...then you can pay $100/month.

(Disclaimer: of course no one would ever want to put ANY money down on a lease deal with a .001 MF!!!)
Old 08-13-2008, 03:11 PM

2005 C230KSS 6spd
atleast i ordered one buddy

you just like to come into the forum, and talk crap to everyone
wow, you're so cool dude.

hey, let me order one today. actually, i'll bring 20 of my friends and we'll ALL order c63's. and then we'll cancel it. for a 6 series that we've never driven but we'll buy anyways because we're really stupid like that.

big deal anyone can do what you did its not a big accomplishment.
oh wait, maybe it is for you sorry if i made any assumptions that you had common sense.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
G63 AMG, SL65 AMG, CLS550, S550, Tesla Model S Performance, Challenger SRT8
Originally Posted by charl1exbr0wn

hey, let me order one today. actually, i'll bring 20 of my friends and we'll ALL order c63's. and then we'll cancel it. for a 6 series that we've never driven but we'll buy anyways because we're really stupid like that.

oh wait, maybe it is for you sorry if i made any assumptions that you had common sense.
I bought an S55 AMG and I didn't even test drive it. Same thing when I bought an SL500. Because a pretty high end BMW I'm sure he's expecting it to drive nice - and it will. He canceled because the lease was a rip off. Can I make that any more clear to you? Get over it.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:28 PM

c63, Caterham 7, 335cic
Thumbs down

LE why are you still here?

You have moved onto a BMW then should you now be on the Bimmerfest forum or something?

You obviously have told your dealer you are not taking the car so why are you still here?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:32 PM

2007 ML63 ///AMG
I don't think there is any logical reason to ever buy, let alone lease an AMG. However, once you have driven one, your heart skips a bit and you know this vehicle was made for you. AMGs are long term vehicles in your garage, not a car you want to trade in every few years.

I have an 07 ML500 and completely happy with it. At the time I bought it, I thought to myself, why would I ever want to spend the extra $$$ for an ML63 (and we are talking a fair chunk) for just a more powerful engine and some extras? My neighbour is a service manager for MB and came home with a CLK63 one day and took me for a ride in it. Lets just say I'm a believer. I'm currently looking at selling my 07 ML500 and getting into an ML63. I know the depreciation will be murder, but if I intend to keep it longterm, does depreciation really matter?

Just my $0.02.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML63 AMG
Originally Posted by bizguy4u
LE why are you still here?

You have moved onto a BMW then should you now be on the Bimmerfest forum or something?

You obviously have told your dealer you are not taking the car so why are you still here?
There are plenty of people here who are big contributors but no longer have Mercedes-Benz cars.

People: I can see why somebody can get annoyed due to all his posts from before; but I don't understand this 'cult-like', childish behavior of 'get out', 'leave', you are no longer one of us... blah, blah... jeez, cut it out already. So what, in the end he decided to get another car, does it really make your life that different. If so, that's pretty sad.

You'd think this is a co-op building rather than a public internet forum.

Tee_Tz.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
Originally Posted by charl1exbr0wn

the accomplishment is actually being able to afford the 6 or the 63
Old 08-13-2008, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 BMW 650ci
if i leave......there will be less threads like this

and in my opinion, this thread is goooold !~

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***anyone want my C63???***