Sponsored by:

Its Decision Time - RS4 vs. C63 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 Black Series
Originally Posted by Rock
Okay, I'm a car guy............ not a star guy.

I have had an RS4 for over a year. I also have a K3+ E55 and Lexus IS350 for comparison.

Ya know............ It was raining today and I was out doing some crazy shytt in my RS4................ I would never dream of doing that stuff in my Lexus or Mercedes.

Here is my take on these cars:

Straight line speed: C63 much greater than RS4.

Canyon carving: RS4 greater than C63

Exterior appearance: RS4 (And most magazine reviews agree)

Interior: Toss up (I think the new C63 design looks great)

Fit and Finish: I'm impressed by both cars but I think Audi uses slightly better materials.

Resale: They both suck!!!!!

Got to have it: The Merc gets the nod on this one because it is such a raw car. There is just something about the power output of AMG's that make you overlook their shortcomings.

Good luck with whatever you decide!!

Still in the final throws of this decision, but I think your post is closest in where I have landed. There is no doubt that the C63 has the giggle fun, crazy fast, got to have it character. But I also like the way the RS4 puts down its power so sticky with AWD and I like the exterior/interior better on the Audi.

Will let everyone know what I decide, thanks again for all the opinions...
Old 08-25-2008, 06:46 PM

I had an RS4 awhile back and have a C63w/PP on order. I think both are great looking cars, the only thing the C63 is missing to me are the rear fender flares to match the front. As you will spend most of your time inside I would give greater weight to which interior I preferred. Regarding handling the RS4 has amazing grip and stability with the AWD and corners extremely flat however due to its weight it does not feel very tossable or transition quickly. I can't comment too much on the C63's handling after only a couple test drives other than the car does feel more nimble. Acceration wise the C63 feels significantly faster car to me due to the additional torque and power down low. While I would never characterize the RS4 as slow but it only feels really fast in the upper rev range making its power not as usable around town. The brakes on the RS4 are a little touchy in initial bite, something I never warmed to, while the C63's are not as touchy and have better feel. The RS4 steering had decent feedback but felt somewhat artificial due its variable nature, almost like the force feedback steering wheels for video games. RS4 shift throws are solid, short, and precise and the shifter itself is beautiful, but the clutch take up is touchy and difficult to modulate at times. The exhaust note on the RS4 is fantastic, but the C63 is louder and more visceral. Both are great cars and I am sure I will have a list of C63 shortcomings after some exteneded driving, but the things I listed above are the reasons I sold the RS4. At the end of the day I would base which car to buy on how it makes you feel when you drive it and which one puts a smile on your face. You will know then which one you have passion for, so go with your gut. Good luck, can't go wrong either way, let us know what you choose!
Old 08-28-2008, 06:11 AM

'08 C63 Blk/Blk,'07 CLS63 (sold),'05 E55 Blk/Blk 20" Brabus S (sold),'04 E55 silver/Blk
Simple answer from me,i've HAD an RS4 and i HAVE a C63!The RS4 was a pain in the proverbial for around town driving while the C63 is actually FUN with a sense of occasion every time you pull out of your driveway